Start by marking “Dreadgod (Cradle Book 11)” as Want to Read:
Dreadgod (Cradle Book 11)

Dreadgod

(Cradle #11)

The battle in the heavens has left a target on Lindon’s back.

His most reliable ally is gone, the Monarchs see him as a threat, and he has inherited one of the most valuable facilities in the world. At any moment, his enemies could band together to kill him.

If it weren’t for the Dreadgods.

All four are empowered and unleashed, rampaging through Cradle, and grudges old and ne
Audible Audio, 12 pages
Published July 5th 2022

To ask other readers questions about Dreadgod, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers... (view spoiler)
Zachary Cradle is the epitome of progression fantasy. The whole point is for Lindon to get stronger each book.

Start your review of Dreadgod (Cradle Book 11)
Matt's Fantasy Book Reviews
Check out my YouTube channel where I show my instant reactions upon finishing reading fantasy books.

3.5 stars. An enjoyable read, but sadly my least favorite in the entire series

A 3.5 star book is a solid book and one that I would recommend to other people, but the reality is that I am saddened to give such a low score to this book as my hopes were so much higher. Virtually every book in this series improved upon the previous one in my opinion, and with the 11th book of a 12 book series - I
Petrik
3.5/5 stars

Dreadgod has prepared the series to reach its epic conclusion, but as an installment, Dreadgod was my third least favorite of the series.

First, let me just first state that I love Cradle. You can check my respective review for each previous book in the series. But with how popular and immensely loved Cradle by Will Wight is now, I fully understand that my opinion on Dreadgod will be on the unpopular side. Giving any book in Cradle below a 4-stars rating gives me pain. Cradle is one of
Vanessa
I need this. So bad. Cradle 11 when?

Eta: is it just me, or did this book feel entirely rushed?
Deborah Obida
Jul 10, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult, fantasy
Buddy read with Snezana

3.7/5 stars.

Dreadgod is the 11th book out of the Cradle 12-books series. It’s not a bad book; it’s just not as good as the last four books in the series. As much as I love the world, characters, and plot, I must admit that Dreadgod didn’t live up to expectations. Dreadgod felt like a prelude to Waybound, the last book in the series.

The events in this book picked up from where Reaper. I’m glad there was no time jump. We got to see the characters and world adjusting to the
Arundeepak J
Jul 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.75/5

Dreadgod by Will Wight is a spectacular penultimate book that sets the grand stage for the final outing with action sequences on unimaginable scales and humor that'll make you cackle like an idiot.

PLOT

With all the 4 Dreadgods going on a rampage throughout the Cradle, the Monarchs sets aside their differences and band together to deal with them. Meanwhile, Lindon sets his friends/team on their path for rapid advancement to gain the power to fight the Dreadgods and Monarchs

WHAT WORKED FOR
Terence
Shelves: 5-stars
In an instant everything changed for Lindon and his team. The battle in the heavens left Lindon without one of his closest allies and the Monarchs are keeping a watchful eye on him. For the time being, everyone's attention is firmly on the strengthened Dreadgods. Lindon has a plan to deal with them, but he needs more time. He's sending his friends off to get stronger while he fights against any enemies that come his way.

Dreadgod is the penultimate book in the Cradle series and the board is getti
TS Chan
Jul 10, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars.

I've to say that while I enjoyed this instalment, it was the weakest one so far aside from Unsouled. With the build-up from the previous book, Reaper, which now stands as my favourite book in the series, I was somewhat let-down by the relative absence of the key character that was the primary driver of how much I loved Cradle. While I did expect this to happen given the events at the end of that book, it was still quite disappointing to be proven right.

Another issue that I had was tha
Andrews  WizardlyReads
Here we are 11 books deep. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I LOVE CRADLE. In the words of Dr who. It’s The end but the moment has been prepared for!!!

IM NOT READY!!!!!!!!
Eon ♒Windrunner♒
Despite most of the story feeling like a setup for the final book, there were still some great moments in this, but it had a very noticeable scarcity of my favourite character.
Booked and Busy
Jul 06, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 out of 5
Chris
Mar 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hurry up Will I need my fix! It's been 4 months have you abandoned the series? ...more
Bradley
Jul 25, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm surprised that this series is NOT losing steam. Usually, by the upper overpowered levels, it's hard to keep us interested other than the occasional epic battle that destroys worlds or whatnot, gods dying or whatever, but this one walks that fine, fine line of always meeting challenges that are just a little too extreme for our main cast.

Dreadgods? As in, multiple? And our preening friend, revealed to be something a bit more than we thought he was, among still greater others?

(Yes, I'm keepin
Jake
Jul 04, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here kitty kitty kitty

Another adrenaline-pumping installment of the Cradle series. If you've made it this far then you know what you're in for and you're going to get exactly what you want. Huge action moments, great humor, wonderful characters, evocative worldbuilding. The only problem is that since this is the penultimate book I was even more distraught at the end than usual. I need the conclusion ASAP.
Calista
I did enjoy this book and yet, this book is not one of my favorites. It starts all the sudden with Lindon sending everyone on a missing to power up/level up so they can fight better. It's assignment, assignment, the heist begins. Then, the middle is a fight, a good fight and then the end is not the conclusion of this story, but a simple setting down the pen until next time. This wasn't an ending. We are in the middle of a plot and it simply stops. Really.

I felt there was little character work in
Hamad
Wintersteel ★★★★ 1/2
Bloodline ★★★★
Reaper ★★★★ 1/4
Dreadgod ?????

I almost forgot that this gets released in a few days!
Amy
Feb 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
What a ride.

I really love these books. I wish I had waited to start the series until it was complete, because the most difficult part of reading this one was that I'd finished the last one in January. I had clean forgotten all the details and it took DAYS reading at a snail's pace to fall into it. But the book picked up steam as it went, and eventually I was as absorbed as ever. I will continue to devour these novels with the hunger of the Slumbering Wraith.

Dreadgod is another great Cradle nov
Kyle Erickson
6.5/10

The worst Cradle entry since Ghostwater, and probably my third least favorite overall.

This book really suffered from training montages, splitting up the characters that work best, and having book 9 remove one of the humorous characters and book 10 removing another. The series simply isn't as interesting without a certain character.

The last quarter was pretty good, but at that point I was just ready to be done.
A.R
Jul 06, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh man. This book is epic. Tons of action, tons of plot. We get some touching moments, some funny moments. But I know the real reason you are going to read the book. For the bloopers. Yes, for the bloopers, don't deny it. They are the best part of these books. Also, yes this book is longer than the last one in case you were wondering.

Honestly, I loved every second of this. The audiobook is excellent, as always. Wish I could say more without spoiling, but this is late in the story so not much I c
Nikolai Rose
Idk. I felt like I was just waiting for something big to happen. Every single event didn't feel important. Even his big power up this book was super anticlimactic. The reactions to the power up... Predictable/generic.

This didn't give me any suspense like books prior.

I found myself when I had been listening for about 5hrs thinking "man I hope we're not as deep into it as I think". It felt kind of sad.

Every one of my reactions to the events in this book were an "OK... And?".

I will refer back to
Koby Carissi
Will Wight is a great writer. I love his ideas, his delivery is sharp and concise.
He lacks good editing capabilities- that is apparent in several of his works, but mostly, it works fine, better than fine!

This book felt like Dross splitting himself too many ways, and ultimately breaking.
The pacing is off, the editing is NOT good (jumping too many times for no apparent good reason), and quite frankly, most of the book felt like a filler, instead of progression.
I know Will always saying he doesn’t
Dexcell
Jul 19, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was top tier. I'm so sad we're close to the end though. Lindon was styling on everyone in this. ...more
Gareth Otton
Jul 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not much to say on this one other than this might just be one of the most consistent series I have ever read.

I delivers fast paced stories at a break neck pace while constantly dialing the stakes and awesome moments up to another new level with each installment.

This book is no exception to that trend and it is indeed the most high octane, high stakes book yet and was awesome to read. If you've loved this series to this point then you'll love this just as much.
kartik narayanan
Jul 12, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What do I say? Dreadgod is good, entertaining and is a page turner. Yes, it does get a bit dense sometimes with many techniques, auras, madras etc; with them being a bit too convenient. Its an anime.

But then, you already know this. If you like the Cradle series, well, you will like this book. If you don't, this book is unlikely to change your opinion.
Matthew
Jul 07, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was satisfying! There were a couple things that happened that I have been waiting on for the last couple books. There was one advancement that was strange, but interesting. There weren't enough interactions between the side characters. At this point these books are going to be the #1 book on Amazon every time they are released and since the next one is supposedly the last I would expect that by now there would be more character interactions leading to a longer book. This is made worse by th ...more
Adam
Jul 06, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adding my voice since there seems to be some random extreme negativity. If you make it all the way to this book to give it a 1 star, you have exceptional dedication to the craft of critique that only the cultivators in these books could envy. If you truly read this entire book and gave it a 1 star, elaborated in detail about why, then all power to you, this message isn't for you. The only difference between the most recent books and the earlier installments is that the story is getting much more ...more
L.L. MacRae
Jul 25, 2022 rated it really liked it
Mmmmmmm. This is a hard book to rate. I mostly rate books by how much I enjoyed them, and I DID enjoy this, just...not a huge amount. There wasn't a big emotional impact (at least, not as much as previous Cradle books), however the ending third was fabulous as always. This is kind of a 3.5 but rounded up because you don't get to book 11 in a series without it being good!

Every book in this series becomes more and more grand, and Dreadgod is no different. Everything is on a scale far beyond anythi
Gabriel Cavalcante
VERDICT
Plot: 8.0/10 | Great.
World: 8.0/10 | Great.
Characters: 8.5/10 | Great.
Enjoyment: 9.5/10 | Excellent.
Score: 8.5/10 | Great.

REVIEW
After how emotional and important Reaper was I thought it would be hard for Dreadgod to measure up. I was wrong! The penultimate volume of the series has all the elements that have been present in a good Cradle book: epic battles, emotional moments, additive power progression, and memorable character moments.

Dreadgod is definitely one of my favorite books of the
Tushar Thakur
Jul 05, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is even more fast-paced than usual and the numerous battle sequences are written as well as they always are. Although there was a distinct lack of strong dramatic moments, like the ones we saw in Ghostwater and Wintersteel, there wasn't anything overtly weak within the narrative. The only minor gripe I have, is about the power scaling. Now that we have reached the very peak of what the world has to offer, it felt a bit like Lindon and Yerin were as strong as the plot needed them to be. ...more
Hossein
Jul 14, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cradle is always a joy to read.
Noah Graves
6/10

I am sure this entry will be more appealing when the final book is released. As is, it feels too much like a book made for the sole purpose of setting up the finale.

While I did enjoy some of the action pieces, much of the content feels like video game side quests. Right when my interest was starting to peak due to a moment with Lindon or Orthos/Ziel, the story would cut to another person. It was still entertaining but lacked depth due to the amount of characters in the story that needed att

• A Thousand Li: The Third Kingdom: A Xianxia Cultivation Novel
  • He Who Fights with Monsters 6 (He Who Fights with Monsters, #6)
  • Tongue Eater (Mage Errant #6)
  • The Sixth Rune (Divine Apostasy, #6)
  • Defiance of the Fall 5 (Defiance of the Fall #5)
  • Moonlight Relic (Guardian of Aster Fall #3)
  • Silence (Unbound #2)
  • The Primal Hunter 2 (The Primal Hunter #2)
  • Mother of Learning 2
  • The Tenth Realm (Ten Realms, #12)
  • Dragon City (Dragon Heart #15)
  • Beware of Chicken: A Xianxia Cultivation Novel
  • The Legend of Randidly Ghosthound 3 (The Legend of Randidly Ghosthound #3)
  • He Who Fights with Monsters 5 (He Who Fights with Monsters #5)
  • The Arnite Empire (The Hero of the Valley #3)
  • Dissonance (Unbound #1)
  • Portal to Nova Roma: Venice
  • Immortality (Surgecaller #6)
See top shelves…

Cradle (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Unsouled (Cradle, #1)
  • Soulsmith (Cradle, #2)
  • Blackflame (Cradle, #3)
  • Skysworn (Cradle, #4)
  • Ghostwater (Cradle, #5)
  • Underlord (Cradle, #6)
  • Uncrowned (Cradle, #7)
  • Wintersteel (Cradle, #8)
  • Bloodline (Cradle, #9)