Start by marking “Answers from the Heart: Practical Responses to Life's Burning Questions” as Want to Read:
Answers from the Heart: Practical Responses to Life's Burning Questions

Answers from the Heart: Practical Responses to Life's Burning Questions

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  113 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
For many people, one key question prevents them from taking the next step in their personal development, the development of their spiritual practice, or their journey toward self-knowledge. Answers from the Heart collects 50 of these important and heartfelt questions posed to Thich Nhat Hanh by his students and participants in his retreats, along with his often surprising ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by Parallax Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Answers from the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Answers from the Heart

Brae Howard
Dec 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I always love what Hanh says about how to live. In this book and all of his books, he basically fleshes out this idea: Live mindfully and with compassion. Freeing, indeed.
Serena Long ﺕ
Sep 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another lovely book. "Listening to my heart, the answer from my heart". This is one of the reason why I love to do meditation and Mantra chant. Whatever question that I have in my mind, there is always an answer. There is a voice inside of me. Meditation aims at breaking through all conceptual limitations and barriers so that we can move freely in the boundless ocean of reality. And Mantra chant have a mysterious power that cannot be logically explained. It creates miracle. I thank God for guidi ...more
Rubina
May 08, 2014 rated it liked it
This is not a comprehensive summary of Buddhist philosophy, however, it's Q&A style allows for everyman's questions and concerns on topics such as sickness, death, family, parenting, relationships, handling stress and emotions, habits, being judgemental, to be addressed. Overall, i good read to get an insight how spiritual practice can be adopted into many aspects of our daily lives.
Ariel Chesed Kestenbaum
Thich Nhat Hanh is a great guy himself. The dude is amazing. This book seemed put together overnight, though, and the questions weren't really answered too well. Kinda dodgy. Oh well, next time I'll read something straight-up.
Olivia
Aug 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommended reading, especially right before bed. Simple wisdom, clearly written, with a basic intro to Buddhism/mindfulness. Reading it made me feel like the calmest, coolest cucumber ever. Can't wait to read more of his books!
Scott Cardwell
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was a gift from a family member and was immediately useful in finding the right words to help a grieving friend.

Charlotte
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
LOVE THIS! So helpful for finding mindfulness in the rush of everyday life
Chris
Apr 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Lots of food for thought in this book. Hanh has much to teach his readers about living peacefully with others and experiencing inner peace.
April Andrews
Jun 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Another must have for Buddhists. Answers so many of the questions I had as a new Buddhist.
Allison
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very peaceful to read. Loved the Q and A format.
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is one to dip in and out of during life's many curves. It has a permanent spot on my nightstand.
JDK1962
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good Q&A on Buddhism and mindfulness. Some of the answers seem a bit tautological, but that's probably just their nature and I need to think (or not think) about it a bit more.
M. Jane Colette
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it
I love Thich Nhat Hanh--but this is a less... touching? effective? book than many of his others. Although written with his usual insight.
Monique
Sep 16, 2012 rated it liked it
I definately think there are better summaries of Buddhist philosophy. The language and context was a little too elementary for me, but I can appreicate the value of the everyman context.
Khanie
Waisum
Apr 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Live in a Better Way: Reflections on Truth, Love, and Happiness
  • The Lost Art of Compassion: Discovering the Practice of Happiness in the Meeting of Buddhism and Psychology
  • Money, Sex, War, Karma: Notes for a Buddhist Revolution
  • Becoming Native to This Place
  • The Chocolate Cake Sutra: Ingredients for a Sweet Life
  • Growing, Older: A Chronicle of Death, Life, and Vegetables
  • Work as a Spiritual Practice: A Practical Buddhist Approach to Inner Growth and Satisfaction on the Job
  • Being Zen: Bringing Meditation to Life
  • The Scavengers' Manifesto
  • Faith: Trusting Your Own Deepest Experience
  • Introducing Buddha
  • Introduction to Buddhism: An Explanation of the Buddhist Way of Life
  • The Creation: An Appeal to Save Life on Earth
  • The Conscious Kitchen: The New Way to Buy and Cook Food - to Protect the Earth, Improve Your Health, and Eat Deliciously
  • Heirloom: Notes from an Accidental Tomato Farmer
  • Why the Dalai Lama Matters: His Act of Truth as the Solution for China, Tibet, and the World
  • The Lonely Patient: How We Experience Illness
  • Spices: A Global History
More about Thich Nhat Hanh...