Start by marking “Lady Margaret's Ghost: A Felicity Mystery (American Girl Mysteries (Quality))” as Want to Read:
Lady Margaret's Ghost: A Felicity Mystery (American Girl Mysteries (Quality))

Lady Margaret's Ghost: A Felicity Mystery (American Girl Mysteries (American Girl Mysteries)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  453 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Felicity has just said good-bye to her mother, who's going on a trip and leaving Felicity in charge of the house. Mother's carriage has barely left before a surprise package arrives, holding silver heirlooms that have been passed down in the Merriman family for a hundred years. Felicity doesn't believe in ghosts . . . but what else can explain the odd and eerie things that ...more
Published April 1st 2009 by American Girl Publishing Inc

To ask other readers questions about Lady Margaret's Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Margaret's Ghost

Queen Susan the Gentle
Mar 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: american-girl
Felicity Merriman has just bid farewell to her mother who has left on a trip. Soon after her mother leaves, a strange package arrived at the Merriman household. Inside are valuables of Lady Margaret, an ancestor of the Merrimans. Felicity finds inside a gorgeous silver hairbrush, a silver cup, and a baby rattle. Her father tells her the story of Lady Margaret ghost. How it was hard for her to have a child, how the child died and Lady Maragaret too soon after. Her last words were telling her husb ...more
Xyra
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
A thoroughly enjoyable read.

This is my first look at the Felicity story line. I will have to go to the library to find the other, original books. She's an interesting character living in a time and place that I love. She lives in Williamsburg, Virginia during the Revolutionary War.

Mystery is one of my favorite genres - my parents would read The Hardy Boys to me at bedtime. This is not at the same level as a classic Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew mystery, but given the target reader age group it isn't
Marian
Jun 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: readit, ag, 2009
Score! A Felicity mystery where you could, in theory, actually figure out the mystery or where it wasn't glaringly obvious the moment the villain appears. That alone earned it an extra star. Well, that and I like mysteries where as soon as you consider a possibility, at least one character will bring it up as well, even if it's just to shoot the idea down.

The only thing I really didn't like is that Felicity would jump onto every idea presented to her without really thinking it through. Naturally
Ashley
Jun 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Felicity American Girl Mystery

Felicity has just said good-bye to her mother, who's going on a trip and leaving Felicity in charge of the house. Mother's carriage has barely left before a surprise package arrives, holding silver heirlooms that have been passed down in the Merriman family for a hundred years. Felicity doesn't believe in ghosts... but what else can explain the odd and eerie things that begin to happen once the heirlooms arrive?

I loved every minute of this book, it turns out not t
Cheryl
Dec 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My daughter received this as a birthday gift and was thrilled when she opened it! I read the book one night after she went to bed and was really impressed by the story. What great historical fiction for young girls! It mixes mystery with history, and the American Girl series provides a nice wholesome role model for girls. I can definitely see its appeal for the "tween" reading crowd!
Hadassa Glaze
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that gives you the shivers while you are reading it? That is what this book did for me. With all the missing items and all the talk of ghosts it really gave me the shivers. It ended different than I expected.
Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon.
A perfect mystery, with a bit of horror, lots of mixed-up characters, and a few protagonists. It also resolves everything in the end.
Lily
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
very good kept me on the edge of my seat.
Angela
Mar 14, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just loved this book. It was a good book! I'm glad that I finished it. I just wanted to find out who stole the heirlooms.
Schylar
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: any-catagory
Sad-ish I new who the robber was from the bugging so it wasn't much if a turn point when they found out who they thought was the robber wasn't but its still a good book! :)
Nancy
Aug 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
This book was so good that I wanted to read ahead and not wait until bedtime to read it with the girls. The ghost was kinda scary for Emily, though.
Ashley Bowen
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful book!!! And very mysterious. :)
Mar 10, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a very good mystery. It is hard to tell who the culprit is until the very end.
Sophie Chapman
Jul 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries, fiction, 2011
In this particular mystery, it had a good prompt and an amazing mystery.
Jordanna
Apr 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: american-girl
Felicity’s family receives some beautiful heirlooms. But then they disappear. Then other things start disappearing. Can Felicity find out who is behind this?
Franziska
Aug 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
its is very awesome and it says never to underestimate what can happen in life
Andrea Amador
Apr 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I learned about long time ago.
Kristin
May 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Longer and slightly more advanced reading than the Felicity series, the Mystery series is a perfect follow-up for those that are enjoying this time period. The reader gets the historical tidbits on colonial times in a more thorough story, positioned as a mystery.

Strange things are happening in Felicity's house. Who is the guilty party? Mrs. Hewitt, the temporary cook? Anne, the young girl they meet at the horse race? Dawson, the street boy that is admittedly down to his last shilling? Or, is it
Lauree
Apr 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents with daughters ages 6-9
My seven year old and I enjoyed reading this book together. We recently vacationed in Colonial Williamsburg where the story is set. So we loved seeing the way people lived and interacted at that time. We think Felicity is one of the more interesting characters in the American Girl series. The mysteries are a great addition to the original books.
Amanda
Jun 22, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
By far the best of Felicity's mysteries, although this time Felicity's character is almost over the top in her personality. This was a nice addition to her series, and had more of a linear feeling in relation to the central series and short stories.
Noelle Walsh
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book as hard to put down once I started reading it. With the ghost and the stolen items, the ending proved to be unexpected, at least to me. This book was definitely fun to read and is enjoyable for all ages.
Kristine Hansen
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I like how capable Felicity is becoming - yet is still so very young sometimes. She's at the awkward age and doing her best. It's interesting that this story had absolutely nothing to do with the war. I still enjoyed it immensely.
Tricia
Aug 09, 2009 rated it liked it
First venture into the "American Girl Mysteries"...this title was pretty good...definitely would hold the attention of a young girl who enjoys the character of Felicity. Not heavy on the scare factor...not so much a ghost story as a tale of suspicions.
Hadley
Good book.
Jessica
Jul 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jessica by: goodreads
See the first book in the series for a full review.
Angeleen
Oct 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
It was just okay for me. It was not very suspenseful, universal, or interesting. I could predict almost everything, but I did think it was very detailed.
Richard Pittman
May 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Nice, but forgettable.
  • Clues in the Shadows: A Molly Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • The Cry of the Loon: A Samantha Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • The Stolen Sapphire: A Samantha Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • The Tangled Web: A Julie Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Shadows on Society Hill: An Addy Mystery
  • A Spy on the Home Front: A Molly Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Very Funny, Elizabeth (American Girls: Felicity)
  • Secrets at Camp Nokomis: A Rebecca Mystery
  • The Silent Stranger: A Kaya Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)

American Girl Mysteries (1 - 10 of 41 books)
  • The Silent Stranger: A Kaya Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • The Ghost Wind Stallion: A Kaya Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Peril at King's Creek: A Felicity Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Traitor in Williamsburg: A Felicity Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Traitor in the Shipyard: A Caroline Mystery
  • The Traveler's Tricks: A Caroline Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • The Smuggler's Secrets: A Caroline Mystery
  • Secrets in the Hills: A Josefina Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • The Glowing Heart: A Josefina Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • The Hidden Gold: A Marie-Grace Mystery