Start by marking “Top 10” as Want to Read:
Top 10

Top 10 (Top 10 #1-2)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  389 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Alan Moore (V DE VENDETTA), Gene Ha y Zander Cannon son las tres mentes criminales que han agitado las bases del cómic con el objetivo de cambiar el mundo de los superhéroes y las novelas policíacas. Adéntrate en el Distrito 10, la zona más chunga de Neópolis. Allí te puedes encontrar con los casos más extraordinarios en la ciudad más sorprendente, con los criminales más a ...more
Published 2007 by Norma Editorial (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Top 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Top 10

Anne
Oct 12, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the end it kinda took me by surprise how much I like Top 10!
At first I wasn't all that into it, because it didn't seem to be going anywhere, and the characters weren't all that...I don't know...interesting?
And I was already a little leery, because I'm not exactly the target audience for anything written by Alan Moore.

description

Now, the art didn't exactly make me jump up and down for joy, but considering this is an olderish comic (1999), I'm pretty much giving it a pass.
*shrugs*

description

So, basically, this is a
Cheese
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I've read most of Alan Moore's books and I've never found his books light hearted. However, this, THIS is fantastic. It's got everything I could ask for from a comic.

It's set in 1999 and since world war 2 there was a city created for super powered beings and scientists. I'd compare the city to the film Fifth Element.

It's a bustling city and the story follows the Police station of the tenth dimension called the Top Ten. It follows the Police officers and how they go about making arrests, their
Mad Tom

It's funny how Alan Moore has been built up like a god and we should expect nothing but mind blowing excellence from him. Although I find that excellence to be quite rare, lightning struck twice for him with Watchmen and Top 10 even more so.

This is a world building book. Top 10 wouldn't be half as interesting in a different setting, because Neopolis has unprecedented and extraordinary design and detail. Because I'm so ill informed on design and art history, I can't tell you exactly what informs
Robert
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People Who Know You Should Never Meet Your Heroes
Now one of my Top 10 graphic novels :)

So how about a bunch of superscience heroes punching the clock as workaday cops in a city full of powered up beings? Bitching about the bad coffee, the traffic, getting on each other's nerves but also backing each other up when push comes to shove.

description

A real masterpiece, full of sly humour and commentary on the genre of comics in general. And the art! so packed with detail, I honestly thought I was reading a "Where's Waldo" on a few pages. Well worth slowing dow
Eric
So...

santa

I've never sat through a single episode of any police procedural. It's a genre that, although it's produced many critically-acclaimed works, generally fails to light so much as a spark of interest or curiosity in me, and when a show does it just lights a spark of maybe, someday, I'll watch an episode, when I got nothing better to do. And make no mistake, Precinct Ten isn’t the Justice League, or the Avengers, or the X-Men. They’re law enforcement first, super-powered individuals and/or peo
Peter Derk
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this YEARS ago when I was getting all up into Alan Moore's America's Best Comics line, but I wanted to read it again. I remember liking it a lot, and I wonder how the ABC stuff would hold up. Because, honestly, Tom Strong was one of my favorite comics ever, and I want to re-read it, but I'm nervous it's not as good as I remember, and when I read it I might hate it.

So, Top 10.

Really good.

There were three things I really liked about this.

One, it's a police procedural comic book where everyo
Martin
Who knew Alan Moore could be funny?

This book was full of good surprises for me: it is full of unique and endearing characters; the interwoven storylines are well thought-out; the dialogue is witty; there are liberal doses of humour; there are innumerable Easter Egg nods to popular comic culture, some more obscure than others, but if you know what to look for, it's right there; the panels are full of detail; the world created for this book is very imaginative and crazy - think 'The Fifth Element'
Stewart Tame
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely! This is one of my favorite Alan Moore titles. I've heard it described as "Hill Street Blues with superheroes," and that seems to be an accurate summary. In a city populated by heroes, robots, aliens, ghosts, gods, etc., Top 10 is merely one of many precinct houses. The officers have their daily briefing before hitting the streets, doing their part to keep the city safe. The series focuses on the daily grind. Yes, they have their share of high profile cases, but there are mundane moments ...more
Michelle
Brilliant universe. Lots of little tributes in the art and elsewhere. Reads like a decent detective show. A good joke in every episode, each one a story but with some plotlines extending through different issues.

Story good but not great. Concept wonderful. Characters intriguing but not complex. Artwork is fine but not beautiful. The last couple of issues in this book were much better than the beginning, so I'm definitely interested in seeing what comes next.
Tomás
Aug 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Creo que esta historia va a pasar a ser una de mis favoritas escritas por Alan Moore.

Acá Moore parece estar más relajado, con ganas de escribir una historia que pueda ser disfrutada por todo el mundo, incluso por aquellos que no suelen leer comics de superhéroes. Cuando digo que está más relajado, me refiero que hay cierto ambiente optimista que impregna a esta obra de una voz muy particular, contrariamente a las obras más famosas de Moore, que son más sombrías y mucho más viscerales.

No me malin
Nick
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hysterical, clever and action packed. Awesome characters and really cool story.
Variaciones Enrojo
Reseña de Roberto Pastor para Fancueva:

El Decálogo de Alan Moore (IV): Top 10
Que el título del post no os lleve a pensar que voy a incrustar aquí mismo un Top 10 de obras de Alan Moore. Ese es el cometido de este lento recorrido por las diez obras que, siempre desde mi punto de vista, todo los que quieran conocer más en profundidad a Alan Moore deberían leer. El destino ha querido que una de las obras que quería comentar fuera precisamente una con nombre d
Javier Muñoz
Top 10 nos lleva a la ciudad de Neopolis, una ciudad poblada por miles de seres con superpoderes, allí seguiremos los casos policiales de una comisaría compuesta por una serie de personajes que están entre los típicos policías y los superheroes.

Cada número es como un capítulo de canción triste de hill street, no hay grandes protagonistas sino que es una obra coral, cada día el sargento asigna trabajos a las distinta parejas de agentes y se van alternando los casos, sin adquirir ninguno de los pe
Andrew Kleimola
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was at C2E2 walking artist alley with my son, and I messaged a friend. "Kyle, check out the lineup online and tell me who I need to check out!" He came back with a handful of suggestions, one of which was Gene Ha - specifically for the book Top Ten. I looked up at the booth right in front of me at that moment, and it was Gene's! So we chatted for a short while, I bought Top Ten, he signed it, and he also did a sketch of my son as Spiderman. Pretty cool!

I not only enjoyed Top Ten, I enjoyed the
Robert
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Reread of the first two volumes of this series - probably about the closest thing to 'lighthearted' Alan Moore that you'll come across nowadays. A 'Hill Street Blues'/'Homicide' type of procedual, except the precinct is set in a world with access to alternate Earths and superheroes are commonplace. Not as heavy as some of Moore's other work, though one can see some experimentation that led into later issues of THE LEAGUE OF EXTRAORDINARY GENTLEMEN, NEONOMICON and the current PROVIDENCE.
Alberto Carlos
Oct 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Más bien 4.5, pero es que Moore es mucho Moore y aquí estamos ante una obra inusual y distinta incluso para su versatilidad. Estupenda serie policial a lo Canción Triste... y, por qué no, a lo B99. Moore maneja una coralidad inusitada en donde prácticamente toda la comisaría tiene algo que decir
Romulus
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alan Moore ponownie stworzył dzieło niebanalne i proste w założeniu fabularnym. Miasto pełne ludzi o nadprzyrodzonych mocach, zwykła policyjna robota głównych bohaterów. Bez superbohaterskich wyczynów, ale z policyjnym realizmem godnym serialu "The Wire" (na miarę gatunku, oczywiście). Komiks jest doskonale narysowany, ale i wymagający fabularnie. Pozbawiony gatunkowego cekiniarstwa, ale to żadna nowość. W końcu to Alan Moore. Można się obruszać na jego momentami napuszoną pretensjonalnośc biorą ...more
Craigary
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wish I had read this when it first came out but also glad I hadn't because it was perfect company on a camping trip I just took. kept me company all week. I really liked Watchmen an awful lot but Top 10 was much more enjoyable in some ways. There are serious, violent and poignant parts but also a lot of humor throughout. Only knock on it is it loses a little steam toward the end (and then I wanted it to keep going), but overall it's wildly inventive, great fun, and also visually dazzling -- yo ...more
Michael Cook Jr.
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Solid 4 out of 5 stars. It started off real slow for me (halfway thru I was ready to move on to something else) but ended strong. It's not Watchmen or Swamp Thing elite level Moore but definitely the tier right below it. The levity was cool but I didn't find it as funny as some people...Morrison's Doom Patrol had me laughing out loud, this had me smirking here and there..."police exercises" was good though.

The world building art was so good...crisp. And the backround humor was great..."career d
Jesse Hill
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gene Ha and Zander Cannon draw the heck out of this book. It is an immersive world with tons of fun little Easter eggs for longtime comics fans. I tend to either dislike Alan Moore's work or really love it and this is a situation where I enjoyed the story immensely. With cool ideas and beautiful art, Top 10 is a super powered police procedural that gets pretty intense but doesn't forget to have some fun along the way.
Steve
These are some great stories that do what Moore is good at doing - picking away at the tropes of superheroes, and using the genre to push back at some of the issues in modern society. There are weird characters living in a weird multiverse, but the main issues are still about humans being humans. I wish there were more issues of Top 10 available, because it's a really interesting world, and I'm curious to see how Moore would continue and develop it.
Andy
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Took a while to get through this bad boy, but really, it was fantastic. The characters, the stories, the conflict, all of it was so good. Moore is a true gift to the comic world and I will continue to read and ingest his work. It's badass.
Kamal
Once again, Alan Moore has confirmed is place as one of the great comics writers of our time. This meta-human police procedural is a perfect blend of popular genre with rust the right amounts of humor and nostalgia. A satisfying read.
Jason
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

One of Alan Moore's best, and that's saying something. One of my favorites of all time. Keep an eye on all those background figures, there are lots of in jokes to be had.
Jamie Connolly
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Totally awesome. Nypd blue in a city of superheroes. Awesome. Awesome. 5 stars.
Jamie Sigal
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! Moore clearly knew what he was doing when he called this series Top Ten because it ranks high up among the best comics I've ever read, and Gene Ha's art is so intricate and jam-packed with easter eggs that annotating them would probably take a whole book on its own. Just amazing - definitely lived up to all the great things I'd heard before reading it.
Jani
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Top 10 is Alan Moore having fun with the superhero genre. Of course, him being who he is, amidst the loads of humour and fair bit of action, the reader also gets exploration of superheroism from many different angles, some even little or not at all explored before.

Robyn "Toybox" Slinger, a cop fresh out of academy, gets assigned to partner with Jeff Smax. Smax is grumpy, experienced and rough guy, who is still grieving for the loss of his former partner. Of it wasn't for his hulking size, blacki
V.M. Sawh
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a completely biased Alan Moore fan, this was like returning to an old diner to find they still served my favourite piece of cake. I was compelled to read this again after watching "Zootopia", believe it or not. That film and this book are both well constructed and have many parallels, particularly in the construction of the lead characters.

The art by Gene Ha and Xander Cannon is filled with in-jokes, references and hilarious cameos that are catnip to the old-school DC/Marvel fans.

Moore takes
Scott Lee
Jun 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Allan Moore does a great job here. A fascinating blend of his own superhero interests and Bendis's crime comics--I'm not citing influences here, I don't know enough about either Allan Moore's knowledge of Bendis or the timing of publication of All Star Comic's Top 10 vis a vis the publication of Powers. Moore does a great job of dropping us into the world of this precinct and allowing the larger themes and stories to grow naturally out of the startlingly original sci-fi/fantasy/comic-book world ...more
Jenna
3.5 stars! While this took a bit to build up, and I almost considered not finishing after the first chapter, as the domineering word bubbles were giving me a headache, by the end of it I wanted to keep on reading and exploring this bizarre world. While some of the satirical content was amusing, I almost felt it could have been stronger if it simply focused on creating this world of superhuman characters and individuals, delving even more into how a society would exist under those regulations. I ...more
  • The Metabarons: Ultimate Collection
  • Memorias de un hombre en pijama
  • The Planetary Omnibus
  • L'Enfer, le silence (Blacksad, #4)
  • The Animal Man Omnibus
  • Gone to Amerikay
  • Scalped: The Deluxe Edition Book One
  • Aama, 2: La multitud invisible (Aâma #2)
  • Ardalén
  • Mort Cinder
  • Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 8
  • Avengers: The Korvac Saga
  • Trillium #1
  • Barefoot Gen, Volume Nine: Breaking Down Borders
  • Amor se escribe sin hache
  • Zot!: The Complete Black-and-White Collection: 1987-1991
  • El arte de volar
  • Chronicles of Wormwood
Alan Moore is an English writer most famous for his influential work in comics, including the acclaimed graphic novels Watchmen, V for Vendetta and From Hell. He has also written a novel, Voice of the Fire, and performs "workings" (one-off performance art/spoken word pieces) with The Moon and Serpent Grand Egyptian Theatre of Marvels, some of which have been released on CD.

As a comics writer, Moor
More about Alan Moore...

Top 10 (4 books)
  • Top 10, Vol. 1
  • Top 10, Vol. 2
  • Absolute Top 10
  • Top 10: The Forty-Niners + Smax

“KAPELA: Just look above you. Do you see? That is called the immense board of lights. And there is the Great Black and, strewn across it, small and surrounded and vulnerable and brave, there is the Great White.
COMMUTER: Oh. Oh, yeah. Of course. Hah. You know, that's perfect. That's really perfect. And the Great White... I mean, there's so much more black. A-are we losing?
KAPELA: No. Once there was only black. We are winning.”
2 likes