Start by marking “O Coração do Mar (Trilogia Irlandesa #3)” as Want to Read:
O Coração do Mar (Trilogia Irlandesa #3)

O Coração do Mar (Gallaghers of Ardmore #3)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  25,189 Ratings  ·  561 Reviews
Darcy Gallagher sempre acreditou na importância da fé, na força da tradição... e no poder do dinheiro. Sonha em encontrar um homem rico que a apresente a um mundo repleto de glamour e aventura, que acredita ser o seu destino.
Trevor Magee, um homem de negócios com antepassados irlandeses, chega a Ardmore com a intenção de cons-truir um teatro... e descobrir os segredos dos
Capa Mole, 288 pages
Published 2006 by Edições Chá das Cinco (first published January 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about O Coração do Mar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about O Coração do Mar

Maria
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, in-2012
I loved the continuity of this series. Seeing the aftermath of Jewels of the Sun and Tears of the Moon. It was a bit like Jude and Aidan and Brenna and Shawn's stories were continued and I, as the reader, got to know them a bit better than I had before.

I liked this series because it was… practical. I've never met a character with a materialistic streak in romance, and it was very refreshing. And seeing how Trevor kept offering her jewels and opportunities because he thought it might keep her wit
Marisa Sauco
Oct 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nora Roberts ama Irlanda, y se nota.
Preciosa trilogía. ❤
Penny Watson
In spite of the fact that I loved Jewels of the Sun, and enjoyed Tears of the Moon, I am now officially off the Nora bandwagon. Heart of the Sea was not a great ending to this trilogy. First of all, I can't imagine something less romantic than two folks making a business-like agreement about their sexual relationship. Yuck! This takes place at the beginning of the story, and I realize that it was consistent with their characters, but still....not romantic, and a bad place to start. I also had a ...more
Cyndi
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This ends the trilogy. Will the Fairy Prince and the beautiful maid finally find love? Well...only if they can get the last couple to cooperate and break the curse.
Said couple consists of the beautiful heartbreaking Darcy and the 'business first' Trevor. Both of them are sure they are not capable of love. Neither of them want to be the first to admit it when they fall in love. And worse? They are both manipulators.
Once again Nora takes two unlikely people and wrap them up in love and magic w
TL
Mar 19, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holly
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
It's impossible for me to truly enjoy a book when i just don't like the main characters.

Darcy was okay when she was a supporting player in the other stories, but she was just overly obnoxious here. I have never seen someone so obsessed with money and the idea of being rich. And Trevor wasn't much better. He came off as an arrogant asshat most of the time.

My love for the other members of the Gallagher family just couldn't save this one for me,
CD {Boulder Blvd}
This is book #3 in the Gallaghers of Ardmore trilogy. I enjoyed parts, skimmed through numerous repetitious parts and found both Darcy and Trevor a bit materialistic for my taste.

Repetition is always a killer for me and by the time you get to book#3 there's only so much about Carrick and Qwen I want to read. There are also numerous grave scenes and pub scenes that felt been there, done that.

Once you get around page 300 or so, the pace picks up but by then I'd skimmed quite a few pages of the b
Bithi
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the character of Darcy - strong, beautiful but intelligent, fearless of going after what she wants and loves her family fiercely.
And, as I mentioned in my review of Jewels of the Sun, I am kind of more in love with the myth than the main story. I loved ending of the myth. Not saying much for spoilers, though.
Jacob Proffitt
Sep 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, steamy
This is the final book of the Gallaghers series and it's a good wrap up. Darcy knows exactly what she wants in a man, chief of which is wealth. She is unashamedly materialistic and self-interested and knows what she wants and, more importantly, why—which has made Trevor Magee an obvious target since he showed up off-screen in book 1.

Interestingly, Roberts chose to make Trevor a near cookie-cutter image of Darcy rather than a complement to her. He's materialistic and self-interested as well, and
kari
Aug 04, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
This third installment in the Irish Trilogy is okay, nothing spectacular. I have trouble enjoying it when the female is so full of her own perfection that she can't imagine ever being in love because no one will ever be good enough for her. That takes the fun out of the story. I didn't find Darcy very easy to like. Probably her only good quality is her fierce loyalty to her brothers but other than that, she seems very superficial and her growth in the final pages was too little too late for me.
I
Kate
Mar 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book yesterday afternoon but was feeling way too lazy to update! I really liked this series, and the last book was definitely a treat. Trevor Magee, as gruff alpha-male, was fun to read, especially with Darcy throwing things at him!

I just wish that we could have seen more of Trevor/Darcy and Carrick/Gwen in the end, when things finally came together. Even more of Shawn & Brianna, and Aidan and Jude, with their new baby! I love the journey, to see how people work things out to
Lydia Perversius
Cata
Dec 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biblioteca, 2012
Terceiro e último livro da Trilogia Irlandesa, com Darcy Gallagher e Trevor Magee como protagonistas.

Darcy sempre sonhou casar com um homem rico e bonito. Trevor é esse homem. Nenhum deles consegue resistir à atracção instantânea que sentem, nem nenhum deles poderia imaginar que as suas vidas mudariam irremediavelmente e nenhum tencionava apaixonar-se pelo outro... mas foi exactamente isso que aconteceu.

Darcy é mimada, determinada, com uma auto-confiança a raiar a arrogância, mas honesta e leal.
Susan (susayq ~)
Nice ending

It's been a long time since I've read the previous books in this series. As I read this, it was easy to remember them.
Sadly, I didn't like this one as much as the others. Darcy was hard to like. She was so arrogant and prideful. Then, when things weren't going her way, rather than be honest, she decided to play games. And Trevor was equally as stubborn.
Brittany
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Having enjoyed the previous books I'm disappointed in Heart of the Sea. Maybe it's because I've never cared much for Darcy - as a secondary character she's tolerable but I couldn't stand her as a main character. Trevor was alright but I just didn't care for him the way I did Aidan or Shawn.
I was also hoping for a better ending for Carrick and Gwen. After all of their suffering they're only given a sentence or two on the last page. A mini epilogue of their reunion would have been nice.
Anita
Jan 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This has been one of my favorite Nora Roberts' trilogies. I must admit that I love Ireland as a setting for any book, but no one does it like NR. The close relationships - friends, family, neighbors are present, but not dominating the love story. I love it in romance when these relationships are at least acknowledged. In so many books the H/h have no one. No friends, no family. That is just not realistic.

Darcy Gallagher wants the fine things in life, travel, fine clothing, and most of all a rich
LaFleurBleue
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Darcy, of the flamboyant personality, volatile temper, sharp tongue and of the assumed mercenary interests, was a challenge. How to have her remain true to her character without making her totally unlikable or even despicable?
Surprisingly she was handed on a silver plater the man of her dreams, beautiful, rich and richer, and able to support her in her lifestyle dream. I really liked how she realized progressively how her former expectations were wrong and definitely not enough to make her happy
Bridget
I am not going to review every Nora Roberts book that I have read in the past because she is quite prolific and it would get redundant and I honestly cannot remember all the plots. I think someone finds someone else attractive but at least one cannot admit it so there is sexual tension, then lots of sex, and then they live happily ever after? Sometimes there is some magic , a family legacy, or a mystery. Certainly not great works of literature (however still 100% better than “the grapes of wrath ...more
Stacy
Dec 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This final installment in Roberts's faerie tale trilogy returns readers to Ardmore, Ireland, where the Gallagher family's pub is the heart of the community. Passionate and beautiful, Darcy Gallagher works as a waitress in the family pub while looking for a way to achieve the glamorous lifestyle to which she would like to become accustomed. Enter wealthy American builder Trevor Magee, whose Irish roots have drawn him back to the childhood home of his grandfather to build a theater. As Darcy and T ...more
Nicholas Whyte
Apr 08, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

the happily predestined couple fall in love at first sight (on page 24) and spend the book struggling only with each other's personalities (and their own) and exploring the troubling possibility that the family ghosts are pushing them together before deciding to ignore it. Every other character (ghosts included) wishes them well, so there is no external factor to make things interesting. The anthropologist-turned-barmaid from the first book gives birth at
Carla Marques
Jun 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Adorei o último livro desta trilogia e de certa maneira identifiquei-me com a Darcy, pois também eu transmito uma maneira de ser que não é a realidade.
Opinião completa em: http://aviciadadoslivros.blogspot.pt/...
Isabel
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
That was such a cute end to this trilogy.
Elena
2.5*

This is the third and final installment of the Ardmore trilogy. Darcy has always dreamed of riches and her dreams are about to come true when rich man, Trevor Magee, comes to her little village...

I was actually looking forward to this book, thinking it will be much better than the previous two - because of the unusual female character. Darcy has been described as extremely shallow and materialistic in the previous two books, so i kept wondering how the author would redeem her in this one -
Alex is The Romance Fox
Heart of the Sea is book #3 in Nora Robert’s Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy and what a fantastic and fabulous conclusion it is.

Synopsis: Darcy Gallagher has always believed in the pull of fate, the magic of legend...and the importance of money. She longs to find a rich man who will sweep her away--into a world filled with glamour and adventure, and the exotic life that is her destiny...
A wealthy businessman with Irish blood, Trevor Magee has come to Ardmore to build a theater--and uncover the s
Patti
Feb 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was eager to begin #3 in the Irish trilogy, “Heart of the Sea”, as soon as I finished #2. Yes, absolutely read them in order! The order is important to the mortal characters, and also the progression of fate for faerie Prince, Carrick, and his lost love, Lady Gwen. She has wandered the hills and shores of Ireland for three centuries hoping to be reunited with him – her true love.

Heart of the Sea follows the third and last couple that must find true love and break the spell. In this final episo
Lalalayna
I bought this series because of the beautiful covers and because the synopsis of the first book intrigued me. Book 1 was okay even though pathetic Jude's whining annoyed me after awhile but I loved Aidan. I liked book 2 since, while a bit pushy at times, I actually like Brenna and Shawn. But book 3, OMG book 3... it's getting 2 stars instead of 1 because I actually liked Trevor and I like some of the background characters but I HATE Darcy. What a self centered, selfish bitch. And the fact that s ...more
 Mary
Jan 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
Ok, I decided to give this one another try and I read it again, because the last time I read it really fast. Anyway, I still consider this last one book of the Irish Trilogy not my favourite. It was hard to simpatize with Darcy and much difficult with Trevor. I still consider the ending is perfect, when finally Lady Gwen and Carrick end up together.

Now that I've read the 3 books I have to admit that the second one (Tears of the Moon) is definetely my favorite. The first one (Jewels of the Sun) i
Raquel Bernardes
Sep 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: livros-fisicos
É o último livro desta triologia, do qual vou sentir saudades. Sniff sniff, mas temos que falar nele não é verdade? Darcy sempre acreditou na tradição e no poder do dinheiro, ela sonha encontrar um homem rico mas até que chega Trevor um homem de negócios e chega com a intenção de construir um teatro e também descobrir os segredos dos seus antepassados. Claro que Darcy fica logo interessada nele, um homem rico e giro, pudera... Foi divertido ver a Darcy atrás do Trevor e a tentar seduzi-lo. Goste ...more
Jade aka MrsTosh
Oh I adore these books, after reading the Cousin O'Dwyer books by Nora Roberts I thought I would give these a try and am so glad I did.

Nora Roberts blends a wonderful spell of folklore, magic and romance. I have to say out of all the characters in the books it was Darcy who intrigued me. Always quick to temper and detained to get what she wants, it was never a boring read.

Having Irish heritage this book called to me, and made me long to see the greenery of Ireland.

Café Com Livros
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Simplesmente amei esta trilogia. Os livros foram lidos quase de uma vez. A trama, a narrativa, a concepção e apresentação das personagens está tão bem feita que andei pelos cantos a suspirar pelas terras da Irlanda e pela magia que elas nos transmite.

Opinião completa em: http://bookscoffee21.blogspot.pt/
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Strangers in Death (In Death, #26)
  • To Catch a Cheat
  • Pearl Cove (Donovan, #3)
  • Eclipse Bay (Eclipse Bay Trilogy, # 1)
  • Harriet
More about Nora Roberts

Gallaghers of Ardmore (3 books)
  • Jewels of the Sun (Gallaghers of Ardmore, #1)
  • Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy, #2)

Fiction Deals

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • As Close to Us as Breathing: A Novel
  • Just a Drop of Water
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Enemy Women
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Father's Day
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
  • The Ice Cream Queen of Orchard Street: A Novel
  • The Moonlight Palace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand