Start by marking “Runaways, Vol. 9: Dead Wrong” as Want to Read:
Runaways, Vol. 9: Dead Wrong

Runaways, Vol. 9: Dead Wrong (Runaways #9)

3.71  ·  Rating details ·  2,484 Ratings  ·  136 Reviews
And you thought your life was tough...

Growing up is always difficult, but when you and your friends' parents are the Pride, a group consisting of some of the most nefarious villains in the world, the problems that crop up are more...unique. For Molly Hayes and her group of super-powered buddies, that meant turning on their evil parents and becoming Runaways in the process.
Hardcover, Premier, 136 pages
Published March 25th 2009 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Runaways, Vol. 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Runaways, Vol. 9

Nicolo Yu
Except for an issue or two that I’ve read of Joss Whedon’s arc on the characters, this is the first time that I’ve read Runaways not written by Brian K. Vaughan. Terry Moore is an eminently capable writer whose work on his own characters in Strangers In Paradise is critically acclaimed. The artist on the art, Humberto Ramos, whose expressive art and affinity for depicting teenagers (Crimson, Impulse) makes him a perfect fit for these characters, so much that I wished he could have with Vaughan o ...more
Cisz Strasters
Oct 18, 2017 rated it liked it
nee... ik vind de originele runaways leuker. de oldskool artwork, de humor, de crossrefrences... vele malen beter in de eerste serie. niet slecht, maar de magie is voor mij weg.
Sesana
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: superhumans
This felt like a huge step backwards for Runaways as a book. Chase's character growth? Thrown out the window. I can't be the only one who thinks that his character regressed to something like the second or third issue of the original series. That alone is very disappointing. But the central story, about a group of Majesdane soldiers come to collect Karolina, just wasn't very good. That Karolina is going to be put on trial for her parents' actions (which lead to the destruction of their homeworld ...more
Scarlet Cameo
Dec 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
No se sí Terry Moore no entendió que los personajes habían crecido, si no supo como tratarlos o que ch*****os fue lo que paso. Debería parar aquí con esta serie antes de que comience a aparecer el instinto asesino.

-RTC-
Ana ☾
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-english, 2017
3.5 maybe? Since Brian K. Vaughan is not part of the comics anymore they have been not as good as before. I still liked them, of course, but they were better before. Also, I didn't like the art of this volume, I miss the old one.
Shera (Book Whispers)
It ticks me off when a good series suddenly changes things up. Sadly this volume not only changes up the art style, but it takes all the character development and stomps on it, and basically flips readers the bird. Chase is basically back to being an idiot jock. Even more brainless then when he first came into the series, and really mouthy. Talk about slapping Gert fans in the face.

Overall the plot bored me. The resolution was sad and broke up the best thing about Runaways. Who knows if it will
Joana Veríssimo
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was quite a change, and really noticeable in the art and I honestly didn't like it as much... it wasn't bad, it just didn't fit my personal style as much. But it did fit with what this comic set out to be, since the sypnosis centered around Molly and the art felt more childish
I really like the new character - she's sweet, fun and excitable :) Everyone else is still good, but yeah, things have changed and the characters have changed - which makes sense, they've grown up and been so much... b
Amanda
Julie
Man.. the art. Ugh, ugh, ugh! I thought it looked bad on the cover, but that it was just the cover, and maybe I could get over it. Then the introduction is from the youngest member of the group, so I thought maybe the whole thing was her point of view and I could handle perhaps the more childish style. But.. no, that didn't seem to be the case.

And just when I thought I was finally getting used... well, ignoring it fairly well, it would get even more horrid. UGH!! Chins, and noses particularly, b
Chris Aylott
Jul 28, 2009 rated it liked it
Spent last night and some of this morning catching up on several volumes of Runaways, the Marvel comic about a bunch of modern-day super-Boxcar Children battling evil in the streets and skies of Los Angeles. Unless they're in New York, or in the past, or dealing with the complications left by their dead villain parents, or all three of the above.

Nothing deep here, just some good characters and storylines. I have to wonder if at this point they're making the series and assuming it'll be mostly r
Feather Mista
May 25, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans del género y de la serie.
Recommended to Feather by: Su (mala) fama
Había escuchado que la serie perdía toda su gracia en esta etapa. Y fue grato encontrarme con que no es así. Si bien deja la sensación de "lo mejor ya pasó", la historia de esta tomo está bien contada y narrada. El dibujo de Ramos le da la onda necesaria a una serie "juvenil" y desenfadada y el guion de Moore, aunque algo más cargoso que los de Vaughan y Whedon, se defiende. Las referencias pop están ahí, el lenguaje adolescente está ahí y los dilemas existencialistas también. A lo sumo la premi ...more
Jane
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
I didn't like the art in this one very much. The story was still good, and like with all the other volumes, the ending was epic and made me desperate for the next one.

But yeah, the art was meh.

Definitely reading the next one though. There's only two more volumes in this series (I think), so I will probably just go ahead and order both at once.
Simon
Mar 02, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
One of the things I was most excited about, getting Marvel Unlimited, was catching up on the Runaways volumes I hadn't read yet.

But whoa boy, was this a disappointment.
Virginia
Though I didn't like the artwork in this volume, I enjoyed the story overall. (Even if I predicted several of the twists.)
Nelson
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a surprisingly good arc. I was expecting it to be a significant drop in quality from Vaughan and Whedon's runs, but Terry Moore managed to keep up. Sure, I will concede that it's not as good, but it's pretty damn close. Moore got all the character's voices right, especially Nico, Molly, and Xavin. Just overall a very fun story. Humberto Ramos' art can be hit or miss with me, but it was very enjoyable here, especially with the amazing Christina Strain on colors. She makes the Majesdanian ...more
Martin Kurniadi
Dec 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic
Nope. Nope. This just went downhill from the last volume.

I don't know why they changed Brian K. Vaughn to Terry Moore, but they did. The illustrator who drew this too, changed (I don't like the drawing very much, thank you). The story became irrelevant, and not as original, like all usual Marvel movies when they have aliens fighting against each other.

I hope the next one would be at least half good than this.
Kend
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Definitely an improvement over the previous volume. Karoline and Xavin's relationship matures and becomes the vehicle for a rewardingly complex conversation about personal responsibility and the ethics of love. Molly gets a few moments. The art is less distractingly mediocre than in some of the other volumes. All in all, a solid installment.
Naslha Espinal
May 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
I undestood the "Scatted Spell" plot line, but seriously, the characters went down the pipeline. Also, the majesdane thing should have had more importance.

Overall, very disappointing volume. Specially after the last two ones.
Patrick
I'm fairly certain that the name of the Runaways game is roster change. Someone is added or removed from every 4-6 issues. There's no consistency.

That isn't a huge problem, but it isn't the best format for me as a reader.

I like the art and I dug the overall story.
Jenette
Not a huge fan of this one. The artwork took a dive and the plot was seriously lacking, not to mention there was next to no character development and Chase seems to have regressed while almost all the other characters flailed.
Felipe
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
se nota el cambio de escritor, los personajes son más como eran en el principio (se pierde un poco el desarrollo que llevaban avanzado) el estilo de la ilustración igual es un cambio drástico, pero no me molestó tanto
Lorna

#5: ⭐⭐⭐ (3/5)
#6: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4/5)
Mohamed
Oct 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
Awful art, meaningless story.
Michael
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Very cartoonish but still fun.
Rachel
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well now I'm just sad. She better come back one day
Errrrrrick
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm still enjoying it, but the trend of it becoming a more mainstream superhero comic that began with Joss Whedon's run is getting more noticeable.
Chris
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Had no idea what to expect from this but I picked it up on sale as I was curious about the TV series. While not a team I would normally be interested in, it was a really fun read.
Joshua Williams
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Moore’s is by far the weakest run on runaways of the three authors.
Lisa
Dec 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
I love Humberto Ramos but the tone of the book went out the window. I tolerated JW doing one volume, but this was too big a departure from BKV. Bummer.
  • Runaways, Vol. 11: Homeschooling
  • Runaways, Vol. 7: Live Fast (Runaways, #7)
  • Runaways, Vol. 8: Dead End Kids
  • Avengers Academy, Volume 3: Second Semester
  • Invincible: Ultimate Collection, Vol. 4
  • Bravest Warriors Vol. 1
  • Avengers Arena, Volume 2: Game On
Following the examples of independent comic creators such as Dave Sim and Jeff Smith, he decided to publish Strangers in Paradise himself through his own Houston-based "Abstract Studios" imprint, and has frequently mentioned a desire to do a syndicated cartoon strip in the authors notes at the back of the Strangers in Paradise collection books. He has also mentioned his greatest career influence i ...more
More about Terry Moore...

Runaways (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Pride and Joy (Runaways, #1)
  • Runaways, Vol. 2:  Teenage Wasteland (Runaways, #2)
  • Runaways, Vol. 3: The Good Die Young (Runaways, #3)
  • Runaways, Vol. 4: True Believers (Runaways, #4)
  • Runaways, Vol. 5: Escape to New York (Runaways, #5)
  • Runaways, Vol. 6: Parental Guidance (Runaways, #6)
  • Runaways, Vol. 7: Live Fast (Runaways, #7)
  • Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways
  • Runaways Saga
  • Runaways, Vol. 8: Dead End Kids

Young Adult Deals

• Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Queens of Geek
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole, Aged 13 3/4 (The Adrian Mole Series)
  • Been Here All Along
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99