Start by marking “Who's Got Your Back: The Breakthrough Program to Build Deep, Trusting Relationships That Create Success--And Won't Let You Fail” as Want to Read:

Disregard the myth of the lone professional “superman” and the rest of our culture’s go-it alone mentality. The real path to success in your work and in your life is through creating an inner circle of “lifeline relationships” – deep, close relationships with a few key trusted individuals who will offer the encouragement, feedback, and generous mutual support every one of ...more
Published May 19th 2009 by Crown Business (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Who's Got Your Back, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who's Got Your Back

Nick
Mar 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Keith's second book about good networking, this one focuses on forming a few very deep relationships of people who will tell you the truth even when it's difficult and who will help you when you need it. Of course, the same goes for them -- you've got to be prepared to tell them the truth and help them. Keith cites studies showing that Americans and other busy Westerners have fewer and fewer close friends in this atomistic age. His is a single-handed crusade to reverse that decline, and more pow ...more
Michael
Jun 28, 2010 rated it liked it
The 4 mind sets: Generosity, Vulnerability, Candor and Accountability

9 steps

Articulate your vision
Find your lifeline relationships
Practice the art of the long slow dinner
Broaden your goal-setting strategy (learning and performance goals)
Create your Personal Success Wheel
Learn to fight
Diagnose your weaknesses
Commit to improvement
Fake it till you make it then make it stick

dedication, discipline and willingness to push through defenses and fears
effort, self-reflection, honesty and perseverance

visi
Douglas
May 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Keith's first book was much better.

I am already really open, blunt and vulnerable with a number of people, so i found that a lot of what Keith was recommending, I already was doing. It is great advice.

I particularly like how life is about giving. Its true and something I've only recently discovered.
Jay
May 01, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, business
I like the attitude that Ferrazzi exudes in his books. He seems very forthcoming and earnest. He seems to really want to help. I thought his first book, "Never Eat Alone", was an excellent book on networking. This book is a different take on networking. It is more of a book about teams and groups, especially groups of personal advisers. He really, really likes this idea. I wasn't as sold on it, given that I'm not a high level executive. His examples start off relate-able, like Weight Watchers an ...more
Nguyen Xuan Bach
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1 buổi tối ở Sài Gòn, buồn thật buồn và không có ai tâm sự cùng. Vậy là mình đã ôm cuốn sách này ra quán cafe ngồi đọc; mở cuốn sách ra đọc mới giật mình nhận ra rằng hình như mình cố gắng làm tất cả hơi nhiều, khi gục xuống thì ai sẽ là người đỡ cho mình?

Lại 1 cuốn sách về thiết lập các mối quan hệ trong cuộc sống, thế nhưng cuốn sách này lại nghiêng về việc xây dựng 1 tổ nhóm để làm việc chung, những người sẽ bổ sung, che chở lẫn nhau để cùng hoàn thành công việc.

Và quan trọng nhất là hạ bớt v
Cara
Sep 09, 2011 marked it as to-read
Adored this at first; now I'm stuck. I don't want to read it any more, probably because the idea of trying to establish these relationships seems exhausting and difficult now, whereas at first it seemed like the magical solution to all of my problems. Blah.

...

Out of renewals. Left off p. 154.

Notes:
4 mindsets to building lifeline relationships:
- generosity (mutual support, safe place)
- vulnerability
- candor
- accountability

Can have people at whatever level of careers/hierarchy; within the trusted
Tran Dien
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cảm nhận đầu tiên của tôi sau khi đọc 30 trang đầu và quyết định khiến tôi đọc tiếp và đánh giá cao quyển sách này chính là "Thật là một lời tự sự chân thành". Đủ chân thành, đủ khiến tôi cảm thấy đồng cảm sâu sắc để không đánh giá đây là một quyển sách self-help bình thường

Trọng tâm của cuốn sách chính 4 lối tư duy để có những nhóm bạn - hay là những nhóm phao cứu sinh theo thuật ngữ tác giả, tốt, hỗ trợ lẫn nhau và cùng nhau tiến lên.

Là generousity mindset (do tôi không thích từ quảng đại the
Hiep Nguyen
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
A networking book points out networking principles and how to build & maintain the circle of similar-quality people, the way it runs, what commitment should be made and so forth.
Adam Jacobson
May 04, 2010 rated it liked it
I got this free at an EO (entrepreneur's organization) conference in DC. Got to hear the guy speak also (better known for the bestseller never eat alone which I think I'll buy).
The idea is provocative - who do you have who really pushes you to improve? My answer is not enough people. of course, like many books from speakers with consulting firms, you feel that a 10 page synopsis would tell you what you need to know. of course, that's why I skimmed.

Second thoughts:
There's a gaping whole in the mi
Roger K.
Jun 08, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a solid book, yet it is difficult not to compare it to Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time and find it a bit lacking.

The most interesting part of the book are the Four Mindsets to build what Ferrazzi describes as "lifeline relationships". They are vulnerability, candor, generosity, and accountability. He provides tips on how to build each mindset and then create groups that reinforce them among members.

If you are an entrepreneur or business owner, y
Joseph Serwach
Jul 26, 2009 rated it it was ok
His first book, "Never Eat Lunch Alone,'' was a classic. This starts out as strong or stronger and some important points and revealing candior -- was thinking of making my kids read it - then unfortunately it drifts off into 10 tips kind of stuff that seems to be promoting his business. The coda is good, the beginning is strong.
Stephanie
Jul 05, 2009 rated it liked it
I am only reading this one because I have to listen to Keith speach, plus work gave me the book for free. So far its not the type of self help book I read but it's interesting. I finished the book and it was interesting and motivating but really not my type of book.
Jeremy
Jul 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
I found the book to give good advice on picking your team of advisers. Building a team of people to push you through to the next level is an important aspect of career development. My team is a mix of friends, family, and co-workers. There are only a select few that “have my back.”
Brian
Jul 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Well thought out and with lots of clear, actionable advice. A great sequel to Ferrazzi's first book.
Melissa
Listening on audio. Boring, didn't finish.
Peter
Jun 30, 2009 rated it it was ok
His first book was better.
Minh Huong
Lâu lắm rồi mình mới đọc 1 cuốn mà mất nhiều thời gian nghiền ngẫm, cũng như tạo cảm hứng cho mình và phù hợp thời điểm đến như vậy.
Cuốn sách khá "khó", ko dễ đọc, vì những hướng dẫn rất chi tiết, tỉ mỉ về đủ loại từ tư duy, kỹ năng... để tạo nên những mối quan hệ hỗ tương trong cuộc đời bạn.

Trước khi đọc sách, mình hình dung đây là sách Kỹ năng, sẽ cho mình tips để tìm ra 3 mentors giúp đỡ mình. Kỳ vọng là thế, nhưng cuốn sách vượt xa kỳ vọng này; thậm chí là chỉ ra kỳ vọng mình sai bét.
Nó ko
Hòa Phạm
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thành công vượt bậc không xuất phát từ bản thân con người bạn, mà phụ thuộc rất nhiều vào những người bạn kết thân và những hoạt động bạn chia sẻ cùng họ. Mọi kỹ năng kinh doanh – bán hàng, thương lượng, lãnh đạo – đều có thể được hoàn thiện một cách có hệ thống nếu bạn thật sự hiểu được cách thức vận hành của các mối quan hệ.

Chìa khóa đạt kết quả vượt bậc chính là cách kết nối với mọi người và hợp tác với những nối kết này để xác định điểm mạnh, điểm yếu, và tạo sự rằng buộc phải thay đổi. Phươ
J  Brown
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you haven't read Who's Got Your Back or Never Eat Alone than you are probably at a loss for the nuance of learning how to approach and ingratiate yourselves to others on a professional level. These books provide a great means of educating anyone who would like to network with others to further their business aspirations. It is a great place to start and a through representation of the behaviors, considerations, and mindset for the reaching lives of those you wish to touch or change.
Derek Iannelli-Smith
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book by Keith. As it is somewhat dated, many of the "resources" (web related stuff) are not aligned or even in existence anymore. For instance, the greenlight groups now are about water treatment and other stuff... weird... Excellent book and really helped me to fine tune what I was looking for in some of the relationships that are in my life.
Addy Liñan
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it
There are some interesting insights to take from this book into who to appreciate relationships in yourlife. One of the most important takeouts for me was how to understand weather a realtionship is toxic or not. Besides that I found it to be a bit repetitive.
Nathan
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
It’s less of a game plan for your small group, and more of a series of monologues on the benefits of having those groups. Not a lot of great quotes or simple formulas, just a biographical expedition of the author’s enlightenment.
Steven
Jan 15, 2017 rated it liked it
So it's not a bad book! It's not an amazing book like I hoped m! Some great points and ideas!
The trouble is he makes the great points far between and the whole thing could be half the pages!
However glad I read it and did take some good stuff away!
Zack
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A good read about tools for the strengthening of your professional and casual relationships. There are some scenarios that this book goes over to have these tools make sense and give you ideas on how to use them yourself. Who you know is what makes a big difference most of the time.
Ivan
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: leadership
In an age of extreme individualism, this book is a good reminder about the importance of friendship. Beyond mentors, we need "lifelines."
Dustan Woodhouse
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A strong finish for sure.

It reminded me of all the reasons I started mastermind sessions and reignited a flagging one.
Zain
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great strategies on building "Life Line Relationships" and personal advisory board. If you liked "Never Eat Alone" you'll love this one.
Thúy Lê
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found great advice on establishing good relationships. However the author talk a little too much about his own experience and business.
Vanha
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Khá hay, nói về cách kết nối con người và tìm ra những người có thể giúp ích trên con đường sự nghiệp của bạn.
Cách networking, kết nối con người
L
Sep 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Rather disappointing and long winded book with a lot of repeated information. It felt like a sell for FG Consulting and gloating about his friends and accomplishments. The book starts with the four mindsets of generosity, vulnerability, candor and accountability in establishing "life lines". Pretty common stuff that you could get from a TED talk easily and with more entertainment value. Your members have to have commitment, comprehension (know how), chemistry and curiosity, and be diverse. Reall ...more
  • How to Be a Power Connector: The 5+50+100 Rule for Turning Your Business Network Into Profits
  • The Pledge: Your Master Plan for an Abundant Life
  • The E-Myth Contractor: Why Most Contractors' Businesses Don't Work and What to Do About It
  • Busting Loose from the Money Game: Mind-Blowing Strategies for Changing the Rules of a Game You Can't Win
  • The End of Business as Usual: Rewire the Way You Work to Succeed in the Consumer Revolution
  • Getting Organized in the Google Era: How to Get Stuff out of Your Head, Find It When You Need It, and Get It Done Right
  • Networking Is Not Working: Stop Collecting Business Cards and Start Making Meaningful Connections
  • Rise: 3 Practical Steps for Advancing Your Career, Standing Out as a Leader, and Liking Your Life
  • Endless Referrals: Network Your Everyday Contacts into Sales
  • Career Warfare: 10 Rules for Building a Successful Personal Brand and Fighting to Keep It
  • Brains on Fire: Igniting Powerful, Sustainable, Word of Mouth Movements
  • The Think Big Manifesto: Think You Can't Change Your Life (and the World?) Think Again.
  • You, Inc.: The Art of Selling Yourself
  • Networking with the Affluent
  • How to Drive Your Competition Crazy: Creating Disruption for Fun and Profit
  • It's Not What You Sell, It's What You Stand For: Why Every Extraordinary Business is Driven by Purpose
  • Communities of Practice: Learning, Meaning, and Identity
  • Little Teal Book of Trust: How to Earn It, Grow It, and Keep It to Become a Trusted Advisor in Sales, Business and Life
Keith Ferrazzi is one of the rare individuals who discovered the essential formula for making his way to the top -- a powerful and balanced combination of marketing acumen and networking savvy. Both Forbes and Inc. magazines have designated him one of the world's most "connected" individuals.

As Founder and CEO of Ferrazzi Greenlight, he provides market leaders with advanced strategic consulting an
“Підтримка за принципом “рівний - рівному” і звортній зв’язок - таємниця успіху.” 0 likes
“Я знаю людeй, які надзвичайно ретельно ставляться до повторного використання кожнісінького шматочка паперу й пластику, і при цьому викидають на смітник чималу частину свого життя - не користуються своїми талантами та здібностями.” 0 likes