Start by marking “Sang Raja Jin: Novel tentang Cinta, Doa, dan Impian” as Want to Read:
Sang Raja Jin: Novel tentang Cinta, Doa, dan Impian

Sang Raja Jin: Novel tentang Cinta, Doa, dan Impian

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  288 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Aku, Ishaq, penulis buku ini, diperintah guruku menceritakan kisah sebuah perjalanan. Hanya aku saja yang berhasil kembali. Ali, Rami, dan Jasus telah mati. Aku melihat mereka melompat ke sumur api. Sementara nasip Profesor Freeman, Rebecca, dan Kapten Simach, aku tak tahu. Tapi aku yakin, jin jahat itu masih ada. Baalzeboul: Si Raja Jin.

Sang Raja Jin adalah kembara cin
Softcover, 297 pages
Published 2009 by Kayla Pustaka (first published September 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Sang Raja Jin, please sign up.

Tim
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Layer upon layer of symbolism is woven into the fabric of the narrative in this book and that is almost to its detriment. It feels like the story is cut short at times, like more could have been said, or better that the story is forced in order to include some of the symbolism. Yet for all the symbols, there is not one mention of the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) (outside of the index where the Prophet is referenced in the definitions of "Shahadah" and "Imam").

The lack of the presence of Muhammad i
Diah
Mar 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Diah by: Dimas
A best friend of mine gave me an interesting book one day, titled "Sang Raja Jin". I left the book on my table, waiting to be read, when my brother took the book and read it first. While reading the book, he continually uttered the word "nice!" which then aroused my curiosity.

I finally dared myself to read the book. My first impression was that it was very poetic. I felt that the translator of the book was very adept in keeping the elegance of the sentences in it.

However, I believed that a messa
Errin Davenport
Sep 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I rarely read fiction, and have never been this excited about a novel
before. If anyone is up to a beautiful and wonderful tale of Magick,
mystics and evocation my friend Irving has written such a masterpiece
"Master of the Jinn!" (Jinn is the root of the word Genie.) It is a
modern Sufi novel that will take you on a journey through the mystical
lands of the Arabian Nights.

Follow the pilgrims of the Soul on a spiritual quest of the path of
the heart, initiated by their master to find The True T
Halik
Jan 06, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
Popularly described as 'sufi' fiction the tale is set in a modern day setting but barely collides with the modern world. The story takes place in deserts and in sufi retreats and ancient cities.

I thought the plot could have been more detailed and the characters fleshed out. And this story would have been so much better if Karchmar had slowed down and taken care to focus on bringing it to life a little more. As it is, it all feels a little rushed and this takes away a sense of depth that could ha
MeL
Dec 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
this book was recommended by a friend of mine... actually, i borrowed this book from her. After she told me about this book, i just can't wait to read it. after quite some time this book already on my hand, i finally read it.

Remind me that true love only for ALLAH SWT. that He is above everything...

and the story about King Solomon including the Jin is very interesting! makes me want to know more...

Nadia Fadhillah
Ini buku yang genrenya jarang aku baca, tapi ternyata hangat sekali di hati. Mungkin bagi orang-orang yang hanya melihat dari covernya, buku ini akan disangka penuh takhayul tentang dunia jin, dan sebagainya. Tapi isinya sebenarnya tidak begitu.

Buku ini tentang sekelompok sufi dan guru besarnya, seorang Qutb, yang mencintai Tuhan dan membiarkan cinta Tuhan mengalir pada diri mereka. Buku ini sebagian besar memang tentang Islam, tapi di dalamnya menegaskan, bahwa nasrani, yahudi, islam, sebenarny
Sharon Buchbinder
Nov 15, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jinn
This story has taken me by delighted surprise. What I thought would be a spiritual piece (based on the cover)is a historical mystery wrapped in legends and myths. I look forward to finishing this book to see where the author leads me.

Beginning of the story was strong. I was intrigued by the myths of my favorites Solomon, Sheba, Jinn, all told through the lenses of both Islamic and Jewish cultures. So much in common, so much to learn from each other.

The craft of the book--perhaps lost in translat
Skylar Burris
Jan 06, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: islam
Take a healthy dose of spiritual reflection, infuse some elements of fantasy, sprinkle in some extra-Biblical legends, and you might have something like Master of the Jinn. The book contains lengthy segments of spiritual instruction and in many respects reads like a devotional, and therefore it may not appeal to someone without an interest in mystical Islam, or at least in religious mysticism in general. (A glossary of religious terms would have been a helpful addition to the novel.) Yet Master ...more
Bintang Pramodana
buku ini awalnya cukup bagus dan menghanyutkan. sebagaimana novel2 beraroma sufisme lainnya, ide2nya kadang mengganggu pikiran. walaupun begitu buku ini juga penuh dengan puisi2 romantis khas sufi2 terkenal seperti Jalaludin Rumi.

namun, dari segi cerita, buku ini cukup datar. pencarian Cincin Sulaiman dan Raja Iblis-nya berlangsung datar2 saja walaupun sebenarnya mungkin bisa dibuat lebih menarik.

bagaimanapun, buku ini tetap memberikan kesegaran yang berbeda karena saya jarang sekali membaca buk
Heruka Heruka
Novel yang cukup membingungkan pada awalnya, karena kita terus dibuat mencari-cari arah cerita akan dibawa kemana. dan semua itu baru bisa terjawab pada halaman 150an lebih. sayang, pas arah cerita sudah kita tahu dan genre yang diinginkan penulis sudah kita nikmati, novel ini masih terasa setengah-setengah. penulis rasanya bingung menaruh tema spiritual atau fantasi untuk digarap. ia menaruh dua tema ini pada proposri yang sama besar. tapi sayang keduanya tidak ada yang mencapai puncak. spiritu ...more
Fiary
Jun 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Setelah lebih dari satu setengah tahun novel ini anteng di rak, tergerak tangan ini untuk membukanya dan terketuk hati untuk membacanya.
Sungguh Novel perjalanan spiritual, sufistik yang sangat indah.
Pencerahan yang menyejukkan, penuh tutur yang bernas, memaknai hakikat Cinta yang begitu indah.

Awalnya, membaca novel ini membawa kembara kita dalam perjalanan tim arkeolog dalam pencarian cincin Sulaiman…, kemudian perlahan dihadapkan dan disadarkan pada betapa Agungnya Sang Maha Pencipta yang Maha
Rizki
Aug 05, 2014 rated it liked it
In my opinion, this is a philosophy book. I think my knowledges is still not enough to completely understanding many Syaikh's words and the hidden meaning of the author's mind.

This novel is a kind of adventure's genre aswell, I wish the author make a longer bright plot,especially when they are in Genie's world. It could be a great adventure's novel actually.
Nora
Nov 13, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is well-written, inspiring, with wonderful characters. Mystic sayings and pearls of wisdom abound the tale of self-reflection, awakening and ultimately, realization of Truth. It was also suprisingly approachable and easily digested in a few sittings. Sufism, is delivered through stories, thus reflecting into our inner self.
Ryan
Jan 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vital-books
...the path of Love is now the hope of men and Jinn alike."

Update: 3/2008

After rereading this I am even more in love with it. The feel of the book changes after a few reads, and it feels more real and immediate. I think this is an important book for anyone trying to understand the practice of making spiritual journeys, and what it means to pursue meditation and contemplation in this age.
Aditya Sylvana
Maybe because I had such great expectation -due to some great reviews- when I started to read it, I was kind of disappointed. The story was simple, lack the depth to be called a mystery. However, I kind of like the way it was written, very eloquent and poetic. The Indonesian translation is great too - well done Triwibowo and Salahuddien!!
R.Z.
Jul 10, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I expected more depth than I got from this novel since it advertises itself as a Sufi novel. The story is okay and if you enjoy fantasy with a bit of a religious twist, you'll like it. There are lots of philosophical quotes and ideas as the little company of darvishes proceeds on its journey toward the miraculous finding of Solomon's ring. Illustrations are nice.
Miftakh Zein
May 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I love this book...

I remember my syekh when i read this book.

Buku yang penuh dengan nuansa spiritual dan mistik. Saya sudah berkali-kali membaca buku ini. Dan masih tetap berasa indah...
Sadaf Abdoel
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An amazing spiritual journey. An inward and outward journey of self discovery, trials, tribulations and a beautiful evolution of the soul. I recommend this book. I could not put the book down.
Steve Cran
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining novel that is a quick enjoyable read. however, I would not venture that this will become some time honored classic. None the less it does offer a window into thee mystical world of Sufi Islam. interspersed through out the book are bits of wisdom and quotes from various sufi masters. The way of Allah is love and not only is Islam holy but so is Judaism and Christianity. What we have here is more than a tale of Sufi mystics and jinn haunting humans, we have here ann exercise of ind ...more
Nisa Rahmah
Sebenarnya cerita ini cukup menarik. Namun karena biasnya fakta ataukah justru ini hanyalah cerita fiksi fantasi membuat saya bingung bagian mana yang masuk ke dalam ranah fiksi mana yang benar-benar fakta (dan bisa dibuktikan secara ilmiah kebenarannya). Anggaplah ini hanya bagian dari cerita fantasi, sebenarnya cukup unik, mengambil kisah dari para kaum sufi Qalandar yang rupanya cukup terkenal (saya saja yang kudet dan baru tahu ada tarekat semacam ini). Saya baca di Geography of Bliss, bahka ...more
nila
Dec 31, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Saya mengira akan menemukan kisah-kisah para auliya pejalan tasawuf ketika membaca judul ‘Master of the Jinn : A Sufi Novel’. Ternyata yang saya dapati adalah kisah fantasi mistik. Rasanya penggunanan kata Sufi yang kurang tepat, karena menurut saya pribadi, Sufisme dunia spiritual tidak ada hubungan langsung dengan mistisme. Cukup dengan judul Master of the Jinn, akan lebih baik. Oleh Penerbit Kayla Pustaka, judul terjemahan Indonesianya menjadi ‘Sang Raja Jin : Novel tentang Cinta, Doa, dan Im ...more
Euisry Noor
Feb 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Hm... alurnya lambat di awal hingga ke tengah, tadi maunya kasih rating 3 bintang aja, tapi setibanya di bagian Negeri Jin sampai akhir, aku mulai lebih antusias lagi, tak bisa berhenti karena mulai asyik menyimak kisahnya Irving Kachmar ini. Awalnya ga ngerti cerita mau bakal dibawa kemana, apakah petualangan ini bakal tentang mencari peninggalan Raja Sulaiman yang hilang, berhubung diawal dibahas tentang Cincin Sulaiman yang bersegel bintang segi enam itu, plus analisis-analisis Professor Free ...more
ana
Dec 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Pengetahuan terbesar adalah pengetahuan yang diiringi rasa takut.

Al-Hikam (Kitab Kebijaksanaan), Ibnu Athaillah

Itu adalah salah satu petikan quote yang banyak diselipkan di buku ini. Quote yang diatas adalah salah satu quote kesukaan saya (info ga penting). Buku ini bersudut pandang seorang anggota tarekat sufi yang berfungsi sebagai pencatat di sebagian besar cerita.

Menurut saya, cerita di buku ini indah, seindah cinta yang diberikan oleh-Nya kepada manusia walau manusia sering melupakan-Nya.
Nadira Syahidah
Jul 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book! Pertama kali beli buku ini lagi dan lagi karena terhipnotis sama judul dan cover nya. Judul nya "Sang Raja Jin. Petualangan Menemukan Cincin Nabi Sulaiman." Wah sinopsis sih belakangan, yang penting beli dulu. When I read it ternyata bahasa nya agak berat kalo buat teenagers, kayaknya ini bacaan young adult. Tapi pas lama kelamaan, dibuat nangis juga sama novel ini. Disini banyak menjelaskan tentang ke Esa-an, cinta, rahmat, dan kasih sayang Ilahi. Tersentuh banget, apalagi ke ...more
Dee
Apr 15, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
oh akhirnya selesai juga.. bukan karena ga rame tapi karena banyak sekali "iklan" yang perlu diperhatikan selama baca buku ini.
dari sampulnya aja, sudah pasti pengharapan saya akan banyak "pesan suci" dari buku ini, dan memang benar...selain potongan ayat Quran, banyak adat istiadat sarat simbol yang melatarbelakangi cerita ini. Hampir ga dipercaya, kesimpulan setelah mengenal buku ini adalah seperti membaca The Alchemist campur Harry potter... ada deskripsi yang indah sekaligus petualangann yan
Bunga Mawar
Pinjaman dari muridku Muzaki. Diselesaikan di KRL Tebet-Depok pagi ini :p

Lumayan bikin merinding... memberi penyadaran bahwa jalan sufi yang sejati memang hanya untuk insan yang siap sepenuhnya menjadi pencinta-Nya yang tanpa pamrih (ada semburat iri saat membaca bagian ini: ooh! Kok aku belum bisa ya???)

Dan saya tidak mau membayangkan kalau semua makhluk ciptaan Allah bisa dilihat oleh manusia. Hiii....
Devi Nilasari
Baca buku ini tadinya kurang yakin bisa menikmati tapi ternyata setelah membacanya buku ini penuh dengan inspirasi khususnya penyerahan diri sepenuhnya dan tanpa syarat kepada Tuhan YME.

Selain itu, buku ini juga ternyata cocok bgt dg keadaan kantorku yg lagi heboh karena ada penampakan. Nah di dlm buku ini digambarkan ttg kerajaan jin beserta tingkah lakunya jin. Ya udah deh makin seru karena sekalian ngebayangin penampakan di kantorku itu dilakukan oleh jin yg mana ya? hehe...
Dyah Rinni
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aku suka banget dengan novel bertema spiritual seperti The Alchemist atau buku-bukunya Mitch Albom. Karena itu, aku menikmati banget novel ini. Ceritanya adalah tentang pencarian cincin nabi Sulaiman yang berakhir di dunia jin. Sebenarnya alurnya agak lambat, penuh dengan kata mutiara yang bagus untuk digarisbawahi, tetapi karena emang fokusnya di spiritualnya, yah dimaafkan deh.
Jangan dibandingkan dengan dengan Da Vinci Code, ya. Yang itu thriller, yang ini spiritualisme.
Hasan Irsyad
Jul 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cerita yang unik, dengan menggabungkan unsur sufisme dan fantasi. Perpaduan yang jarang ditemukan dalam novel2 lain.

Pertama pegang buki ini, dulu waktu masih SMA. Ketika itu saya baca beberapa halaman, tapi kemudian mandeg. Rasanya bacaan ini terlalu berat bagai saya waktu itu. Baru setelah beberapa tahun kemudian, saya buka lagi novel ini, dan saya temukan keindahan di dalamnya.
Nulur
Nov 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Membaca buku ini, saya menjadi ingat penelitian saya tentang tasawuf. Rasanya seperti berada di tengah-tengah para darwis dan ingin menjadi bagian dari syekh.
Hal yang paling saya suka juga adalah petualangannya. Saya penyuka kisah-kisah petualangan dan dunia-dunia ajaib. Gak nyangka bisa mendapatkan itu dari kisah berlatar Islam seperti ini. Bener-bener keren berpetualang ke negeri jin.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Essential Sufism
  • The Sufi Book of Life: 99 Pathways of the Heart for the Modern Dervish
  • التنوير في إسقاط التدبير
  • The Sufis
  • The Masnavi: Book One
  • Inner Dimensions of Islamic Worship
  • The Hand of Poetry: Five Mystic Poets of Persia: Translations from the Poems of Sanai, Attar, Rumi, Saadi and Hafiz
  • When You Hear Hoofbeats Think of a Zebra
  • The Angels Knocking on the Tavern Door: Thirty Poems of Hafez
  • If I Should Speak
  • Tawanan Benteng Lapis Tujuh: Novel-Biografi Ibnu Sina (Sajin Qal'ah al-Aswar as-Sab'ah)
  • The Lives of Man: A Guide to the Human States: Before Life, In the World, and After Death
  • The Book of Sufi Healing
  • Journey to the Lord of Power: A Sufi Manual on Retreat
  • Major Trends in Jewish Mysticism
  • تذکرة الاولیا
  • Death at the Crossroads (Matsuyama Kaze, #1)
  • An Introduction to Shi`i Islam: The History and Doctrines of Twelver Shi`ism
I have been a writer, editor, and poet for many years, and a darvish of the Nimatullahi Sufi Order since 1992. I am the author of Master of the Jinn, a Sufi novel and mystical adventure tale on the Sufi path of Love, and also write the Darvish blog at http://darvish.wordpress.com.
More about Irving Karchmar...