Start by marking “The Musgrave Ritual” as Want to Read:
The Musgrave Ritual

The Musgrave Ritual

Join world-famous detective Sherlock Holmes and his ever-loyal sidekick Dr. Watson as they embark on a daring adventure.

Published July 1st 2022 by Arcturus Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Musgrave Ritual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Musgrave Ritual

Start your review of The Musgrave Ritual
Sara Wise
Jun 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing
** “Holmes, I remember back at university being amazed at the way you could deduce things from tiny clues. I’ve heard you’ve started using these methods to help out some of your old chums.” **

Alex Woolf retells one of Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes short stories, “The Musgrave Ritual,” a story of revenge and greed that is also illustrated by Eve O’Brien.

As Holmes and Watson are reminiscing about some of Holmes’ old cases, he shares the story of an old friend, Reginald Musgrave, and an odd
Nicola Michelle
Jun 17, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book, fiction
I love the Musgrave Ritual. A sinister little story about a ritual handed down over the generations, which gets demoted to myth over time until it seems of little importance to the newest generation of Musgrave. It only takes one particularly clever butler to figure it out and then a mystery ensues…

This is a great little story as Sherlock Holmes reminisces about one of his earlier cases. Telling the story to Watson, we find out how this case gets solved.

A greatly disseminated story from the ori
Ivonne Rovira
Jul 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Alex Woolf does it again! Another wonderful adaptation of one of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s short stories. In this one, an old school chum asks Sherlock Holmes to investigate his missing butler and housemaid.

I don’t remember reading the original version of “The Musgrave Ritual,” but I did see the episode on the Granada TV series starring the late, inimitable Jeremy Brett when it was on PBS here, across the pond; that version ended just as tragically but differently, if I remember correctly. I thin
Lastblossom
Jun 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to NetGalley and Arcturus Publishing for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review.

tl;dr
An easily readable adaptation of one of the lesser-known Sherlock Holmes mysteries, including a very adventurous treasure hunt.

About
Watson discovers a collection of souvenirs from some of Holmes' old cases and asks him to recount one of them - in this case, the story of a missing butler and a strange ritual handed down over generations. Conan Doyle's "The Musgrave Ritual" adapted for young reade
Louise
Jul 27, 2022 rated it really liked it
The Musgrave Ritual By Alex Woolf and Arthur Conan Doyle

This is a retelling of the classic Sherlock Holmes mystery but told in an easier format for children and they are also illustrated by Eve O'Brien.

I really like the retellings of Sherlock Holmes as I think the older classics can be hard to read and these books make it easier to appreciate..

This is a great story.. and one that I had never read before. This is the story of a missing maid and butler and missing treasure but it does not end the
zasou.reads
Jun 18, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Reginald Musgrave is baffled by the disappearance of his butler and maid. Where did they go and does it have anything to do with the mysterious, ancient "Musgrave Ritual?" Only one man may be able to solve the mystery: Reginald's crime-fighting friend, Sherlock Holmes.
This is a retelling from Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes, a great way to introduce this clever characters to kids in a simplified plot! The illustrations are lovely, I totally recommand.
I received this book in exchange for my
julie
Jun 13, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Reginald Musgrave is baffled by the disappearance of his butler Brunton and maid Rachel Howells and Sherlock Holmes tells Dr Watson all about the Musgrave ritual the story of a missing butler and the strange ritual that’s handed down to each generation and how Holmes help his friend
Another great book really enjoyable read totally recommend
Thank You NetGalley and Arcturus Publishing
I just reviewed The Musgrave Ritual by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Alex Woolf. #NetGalley
Joey Susan
Thank you so much to Arcturus and Netgalley for the ebook to read and review.

Watson is fed up with the mess of Holmes and asks him to clean up a bit, this leads Holmes to reminisce about his first big case he did for a friend. His suspicious butler goes missing then his deranged maid also goes missing but Holmes figured everything out.

This was really fascinating because it was one of his first cases but also with the ritual that he had to use to solve the case it was really interesting how he u
Jenessa
Jun 15, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC in exchange for my honest review.

I love reading the original Sherlock Holmes stories and was therefore excited to read this new Addison series meant for kids! Its a great take with a simplified plot but it's still very enjoyable and true to the original. 100% recommend for kids and adults alike!
Mariko Tsubaki
Jun 22, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
This is a good adaption of a classic for young readers. A early case told from Sherlock point of view. I enjoy this quick and easy read. I wish the illustrations were a little better.
Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for a copy of this book for review.
Annarella
Jul 03, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent retelling of a Holmes short stories and it's for younger readers. Even if I'm well over the target age I thoroughly enjoyed the storytelling and the story kept me hooked.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine
Korie
marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2022

• Hottie on Her Shelf
  • Earning It
  • The Tuesday Night Survivors' Club (Survivors' Book Club Mystery #1)
  • The Grumpy Reindeer: A Winter Story about Friendship and Kindness
  • Zombierella: Fairy Tales Gone Bad
  • Fairy Tales Gone Bad: Frankenstiltskin
  • The Christmas Murder Game
  • A New Friend: One Book, Two Stories
  • Crush in the Cascades (The Race for Riches or Romance #1)
  • Do I Really Know You?
  • The Roommate
  • The Christmas Clash
  • I-go Robot
  • One Last Gift
Alex Woolf was born in London in 1964. He has worked as a writer and editor for over 20 years and has published over 40 works of fiction and non-fiction, mainly for young adults. His fiction includes the Chronosphere series, a science-fiction trilogy published by Scribo, and Soul Shadows, an interactive e-novel published by Fiction Express, and shortly to be published in print by Capstone. His sho ...more

News & Interviews