Start by marking “Meeting Mr. Wrong: The Romantic Misadventures of a Southern Belle” as Want to Read:
Meeting Mr. Wrong: The Romantic Misadventures of a Southern Belle

Meeting Mr. Wrong: The Romantic Misadventures of a Southern Belle

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  84 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
'Don't email me if you want a supermodel. I'm twenty-two, divorced, and I have twins. I'm also overweight, unattractive, and have no education to speak of. I'm pretty much not going to bring anything to the table except the fact that I'm pretty nice and won't ask you to pay my bills. Here's my email address. Don't email if you're full of it.'

With this ad, Stephanie Snowe r
Published February 3rd 2009 by Inkwater Pr

To ask other readers questions about Meeting Mr. Wrong, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meeting Mr. Wrong

Stephanie
Feb 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I wrote the darn thing so I guess I like it. :)
Meghan
Apr 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really, really, really wish there was a rating for me to say this book was FABULOUS. Or even that I puffy pink heart with glitter and sparkles this (for those of you who don't get the puffy pink heart reference, read the book immediately; or refer to Stephanie's original blog).

But since I can't use the rating I deem best appropriate for this book, I guess I'll have to go with what's available to me (I'm not being snarky, GoodReads; I still puffy pink heart you too), which is the five star rati
Sheila
Nov 11, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, relationships
I don’t think I know any Southern Belles, but after reading this book I feel like maybe I’ve met one. It’s a delightfully crazy account of the dating game, related by a divorced mother of twins. And it’s all the internet’s fault. With tongue in cheek, the author paints the most outrageous pictures of potential partners that are all too plausibly real. A girl could indeed get discouraged. There’s the deranged parrot, the “Daddy never loved me” maybe-homosexual, the one who just wants to marry som ...more
Shannon McGee
May 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
It's hard to believe this is a non-fiction book, but it is. It's about author Stephanie Snowe's life as she enters the world of online dating and interesting dates she meets along the way.

I like the tone Stephanie's set up. She has a healthy sense of humor about her life, and it shows throughout the book. It's almost unbelievable that one woman can meet so many awful men.

This reminded me of a book I reviewed called I'm with Stupid, but this is written better and the fact that it's true makes it
Michelle B
May 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is a really great book. After reading alot of reviews about it I decided to buy it and actually got to meet Stephanie Snowe at a book signing at my local B&N. She is a very nice person and her book is hilarious. This book is great for anyone looking for a good laugh or for something to pick them up after many failed relationships. I would recommend this to everyone. She is working on a second book, which continues off this book, and I look forward to reading that one too.
Natasha  LeAnn
Mar 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2009
I won this from the book giveaway, and I almost thought I might not like it. I don't typically like books of this kind, but once I started it I realized how wrong I was. This woman is hilarious. If you're looking for a light, hilarious read this is definitely that. Glad I won it :)
Pat Reisinger
Feb 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful, laugh-out-loud book that will appeal to women and men of most ages. Stephanie Snowe is one of my new favorite writers.

What I learned? You're not a loser until you quit and Stephanie Snowe didn't quit.
Hope
Feb 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is light easy reading. Hillarious from the first page and completely reminiscent of the whole dating scene, I laughed out loud! My husband would complain of not being able to do things like hear TV and sleep.

Great 'just for fun' read!
Catherine
Feb 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, memoir
An amazing book. I generally do not read books of this type, but I had to pick it up. Stephanie has a wonderful way of telling her story. It's a book that will make you laugh until you cry - both from the hilarity and the pain. A definite must-read.
Beth
Feb 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2009
I love Stephanie and I loved her book. (I'm not just saying that because you might read this! I really loved it!) One of the funniest book I've read in a while. When's the next one coming out?
Amanda
Feb 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Super funny and heartwarming. A quick read, which will have you smirking the whole time.
Ross Cavins
Jul 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor, have
This story is unlike any story you've ever read.

Stephanie Snowe has delivered an expertly crafted tale of her humorous adventures (and misadventures) in the dating world. From the opening page, one begins to wonder if this is truly a story of nonfiction or one derived from the deepest darkest areas of her imagination. Unfortunately for Stephanie, it is a true account of her harrowing search for Mr. Right.

First off, the humor is biting and sarcastic, so much so that I would occasionally burst int
Crystal Dunn
Jan 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A few months ago, I came across a book review in Her Magazine, which is a local monthly publication featuring women in Pitt County. The review was for "Meeting Mr. Wrong: the Romantic Misadventures of a Southern Belle" by Stephanie Snowe. I was interested because, according to the article, Snowe lived in Greenville for a while, and while my situation was not exactly the same as the author's, I've definitely had my share of "Romantic Misadventures."

Stephanie Snowe was a young, divorced mother of
Jen
Mar 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book was what I needed this week. I liked it enough to tell my friends about it at work today, and I definitely thought it was clever. And I can relate to everything Stephanie's talking about, minus the twin toddlers.

The only things keeping me from five stars, or the puffy pink heart with sparkles, is that I found a sprinkling of typos, which irritates me because there are people who get paid to comb them out and if they can't do it, then I will. Additionally, Stephanie's voice comes though
Breanna Leigh
Oct 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
One of the funniest books I’ve read in a long time! I literally laughed out loud on several occasions. I could relate to the protagonist in several situations (particularly her irrational fear of birds – I’m afraid of fish). Her positive attitude and hopeful outlook throughout unpleasant situations make Stephanie an inspiration. The punctuation, though atypical, makes you feel like the author is sitting with you and telling you the stories.

In short: I love Stephanie Snow!
Rebecca
Apr 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Snowe has a way of finding the humor in otherwise unbearable/uncomfortable situations. I found myself laughing out loud several times while reading her hilarious stories! Definitely one to check out!!!
Impageturner
Jul 12, 2009 rated it really liked it
What happens when a divorced mother of twins enters the strange new world of internet dating? This hilarious account of the author’s search for a soul mate proves once again that truth is stranger than fiction.
April
Feb 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK! I could read this book over & over again & laugh every time, it's hard to put down. Very well written, I would recommend this book to everyone
Emma McDonnell
Nov 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A great first novel by an amazing blogger. I look forward to reading number 2, 3, 4 and so on.
Catherine
Apr 02, 2009 rated it liked it
I found this book while perusing Goodreads giveaways. Although I didn't win it, the subject matter piqued my interest enough to purchase a copy.

I think the book was directly transferred from Snowe's blog because that's certainly how it read, complete with the ubiquitous editing errors, typographically and grammatically.

If you just pick up the book for what it is, a quick, light, humorous read, then you won't be disappointed. I found Snowe's style very amusing. I have a feeling there will be a se
Carolyn
Oct 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I read this because of such strong ratings here on Goodreads. I ended up bored. The ending especially ended with a dud thump. If Ms. Snowe had stayed on the dating misadventures and ended with the nice climax (I won't give it away.) then my rating would have gone up, but she lost the story line. I know this is nonficiton, however, a story was being told and stopping to share therapy sessions with her sister and encounters with rude customers at her job just messed things up. If there is a sequel ...more
Chris
Feb 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: book-club
A very quick, but engaging read. Stephanie is not going to win any literary awards for this book. I loved the stories of her dating fiascos. They were quite entertaining and even laugh-out-loud funny. I could have done without all of the FULL CAPS WRITING and the repetition, even if it is for emphasis. Even. If. It. Were. For. Emphasis.

Overall, it was worth the couple hours it took to read.
Dawnabon
Apr 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious series of stories that moves along at a quick pace. Once you pick it up, you'll keep reading (and cringing) as Ms. Snowe experiences a series of dates with guys who fall far short of Prince Charming.
2curlydogs
Feb 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, memoir
Cortney
Mar 04, 2009 marked it as to-read
This book looks hilarious. Of course, our library doesn't have it, but I've requested that they buy it.

Anyone who has dated can probably relate. But, I have two friends in particular with such great dating stories that I think they would especially enjoy this book. You know who you are!
Nicole
Jan 14, 2011 rated it liked it
Cute read, loved the ending. Just wish it was longer and talked more about how she met her husband!
Tara
Jun 30, 2012 rated it liked it
I will update after Sunday night. Book club is meeting to discuss this one!
Cindi
Aug 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
I got this to read as a break from the things I had been reading for school, and although it was charmingly written, it just didn't have enough to it to keep me engaged.
Katie Wilkes
Apr 11, 2009
Ami Powell
Jul 23, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • The Reluctant Bride: One Woman's Journey (Kicking And Screaming) Down The Aisle
  • Saved From Silence
  • Sue Ellen's Girl Ain't Fat, She Just Weighs Heavy: The Belle of All Things Southern Dishes on Men, Money, and Not Losing Your Midlife Mind
  • The Center of the Universe
  • Things You Need To Be Told
  • Gullible's Travels: The Adventures of a Bad Taste Tourist
  • 30 Something and Over It: What Happens When You Wake Up And Don't Want to Go To Work Ever Again
  • Sleeping Around: A Couch Surfing Tour Of The Globe
  • Halfway To Hollywood: Diaries 1980 to 1988 (Palin Diaries, #2)
  • Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer
  • The Bad Girl's Guide to Getting What You Want
  • A Child al Confino: A True Story of Escape in War-Time Italy
  • Éminence: Cardinal Richelieu and the Rise of France
  • Rodale's Illustrated Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening
Stephanie Snowe began her writing career on the Web in 2006 with her website "Jason. For the love of God". She joined the website Scrivel.com in February 2008.

Her first book "Meeting Mr. Wrong: The Romantic Misadventures of a Southern Belle" was published in February, 2009. It was listed on the Portland Books Examiner's list of "Best Books for Valentines Day".

The author lives in the South with he
More about Stephanie Snowe...