Start by marking “WWE Encyclopedia” as Want to Read:
WWE Encyclopedia

WWE Encyclopedia

As a unique, one-volume encyclopedia with over 350 pages, nearly 1,000 Superstars, and more than 1,500 images, this is the book for all WWE fans! Featuring hundreds of Superstars of all eras, from the World Wrestling Federation of the 60s and 70s to today's WWE, this thrilling, one-of-a-kind reference guide contains a visual glossary of all wrestling moves and provides cov ...more
Published March 16th 2009 by DK

Start your review of WWE Encyclopedia
Sophie Crane
A true and amazing read forany true wrestling fan, this will keep you informed with entertaining facts about anything and everything regarding WWE. TV Shows, PPV Events, Wrestlers past and present, historical facts, locations , referees and just about anything else. A must have if you love the sport.
Kevin Ma
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Now this is a great book I can’t read well like most fans but the pictures are very nice I tried explaining it to the milkman but he didn’t understand he is a boxer though and I told him that boxing is fake but he wouldn’t believe me boxing fans aren’t very smart like their leader Floyd he can’t read
Brittany
Feb 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
This book cost a lot, but it's so worth it. Almost every superstar you can think of is in this book from way back to the start to the year of this books publication. I was disappointed though that it left out a few titles that my favorite superstar Jeff Hardy won. Still this is a great book. It even tells of past pay per views that are long forgotten. I love this book and $45 is def. worth it. If you don't get this book it's your loss because every true WWE fan needs to own this incredible book.
Tom Van Boening
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have been a pro wrestling fan for over 20 years, so it was nice to read a ton of the entries of WWE's past history.

I noticed a few factual and continuity errors here and there on some things, but on a project with over 1,000 wrestlers over the course of 50+ years, you can't be 100% perfect. My absolute biggest complaint was the deliberate omitting of Hulk Hogan on the front cover (Working for a competing company will do that I guess). Nitpicking aside, this tome of a coffee-table book is a fun
Jeff Grosser
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Watching the WWE has always been a guilty pleasure of mine. I've watched it my whole life. Through the 70's, 80's, 90's, and to this day. This book provides photos and info on just about every superstar through these periods. I enjoyed the trip down memory lane.
Gio
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This short essay is about wresitling that has been going on for years and they have a lot of good superstars.
Luis Canela
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
i like this book it was okay for a WWE book because i have been watching it for a very long time
Chad Walters-Shantal
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned
A decent coffee table book that's about all it's good for
Manoj Kumar
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book for wwe fans
Daltyn Horton
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
im a huge WWE fan and this book is amazing
Stephen Chase
Best wrestling encyclopedia ever!!!
Margie
Jun 22, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shields, B. & Sullivan, K. (2012). WWE encyclopedia. (2nd ed.). Indianapolis, Indiana: BradyGames.

Citation by: Margie Findley

Type of Reference: Encyclopedia

Call Number: N/A

Description: An encyclopedia of the WWE from its beginning in1960 to today.

Relevance and Relationship: The cost is $28.39 which is within the range of other similar encyclopedias. It will be used to pique the interest in reading reference books. This encyclopedia will be different from other items in the collection due to its
Michael Robinson
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is really interesting because it first off if your a huge wrestling fan tells you about every wrestler ever to step in the ring. Also, it tells you about moves,styles, ext. I like this book because I think its also like a chance to find inst resting character traits about wrestlers who you never heard about before or would like to learn more. I would suggest this to wrestling fan 14 or older or maybe people with a high to low reading level. This book is also humorous to those who know ...more
Estevan Gonzalez
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
love how it has all the wwe wrestlers information and background
Greg Allan Holcomb
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book has info on wrestlers that were even only in WWE for a few months. Gunnar Scott, Stupid Goldman, and the GobbledyGooker.
They do include stuff from WCW even though at some times it was competition. No Sting, but most everyone who was part (before or after) of WWE like Miss Hancock and the Most Hated Man in Mexico.

The biggest omission has to be Pete Doherty, the Duke of Dorchester.
That and there's no mention of the wrestling show in Avon,CT High School when I was in second grade when I
Kristal
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
As a wrestling fan I wanted to give this book five stars, but as book reader, it was more of a three (a little boring). So I met in the middle and went with four stars.

As I said, I'm a fan of wrestling and a big fan of WWE. I wish I'd found this book at a second hand book store or thrift shop (I borrowed it from my library). I would love to keep this book on display, to casually flip through during commercials as I watch tv.
There isn't a whole lot of new information in it. Its from 2009 but all
Tyrus Wong
Mar 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Phenomenal full resource but I wish it had more in-depth for some true icons in wrestling like Andre, Flair, Hogan, Hart, Graham, Backlund, Snuka...you know, the larger-than-life wrestlers...

They have the same number of pages dedicated to icons as they do to some of the wrestlers that have only been with the WWE for a few years.

Huge book with great pictures but again, too few for this kind of ultimate table book; I love the politics behind the cover; the "face" of the WWE Cena front and bottom c
Tyheim Smith
Oct 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love the WWE it is a good book going over 50 years of WWE starting out with his father Vince J. McMahon who was in Capital Wreslting then bought the company and renmaned it WWWF- World Wide Wreslting Federation then his son Vince K. McMahon bought the company and renamed it WWF - World Wreslting Federation. Then in 2002-2003 it was remaned to WWE- World Wrestilng Entertainment,Inc. now all the greats superstars are in this book.
Ilyas Omar
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing it tells you a lot of information about all of the WWE Superstars,and Divas.This book was made in 2010,so it will tell you some info that happened later on before this book was published.If you love the WWE,like non-fiction,and want to know more about the WWE,this is a perfect book for you.
Ann K
Jun 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Read it. Basically memorized it. I love this book and it always sits on the shelf above my bed (with some other great books that tend to fall on my head when i sleep) and i really love this book. If i had to pick just one top book...this one would be it without a doubt. :)
franciscoc5
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
im #1 fan of wwe soo i like this encyclopedia it was fun to read andd i thinkk is the best encyclopedia in the world..... ''A+'' i will rate this book 10000000000 stars the best encyclopedia in life!
Grace
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best book if you want to find about WWE superstars it will tell you stories of each superstar. I loved this book because they is a lot of interesting about superstar and it amazing. It will show you images about your favorite superstar and you going to learn things you didn't about.
Brian
Mar 23, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: media
i've given up on 'sports entertainment' years ago....but it was fun to see names & faces from the 70s and 80s. ...more
Nile White
Nov 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
i was so surprised kofi kingston was in here its the best wwe book ever.
Dundee Library
Nov 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is Awsome! Its a great way for those who our true WWE Fans! They show wrestlers from the past to the Future! I love this book!
Rachael
Oct 09, 2010 rated it liked it
i actually got this for my son but found it pretty entertaining. they have just about every wrestler, theme, term that every existed...lol.
Beth
Jan 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
hubby is reading this right now, i got it for him for xmas 2010 :)
Kevin G
Feb 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
this is a very good book and i know people who i never heard befroe in this book
Hannah
Apr 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography
This is a good book that tells about the careers of WWE wrestlers
Brandon Walston
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
well my worlds cant say nothing so you well have to read it your self
WWE Extreme Raw Result Superstar Power Rankings 1 2 Apr 25, 2015 08:53AM

• WWE: Hornswoggle
  • WWE Kofi Kingston
  • Mortal Kombat X Vol. 2
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Batista Unleashed (Wwe)
  • Are We There Yet?: Tales from the Never-Ending Travels of WWE Superstars
  • Heavier Than Heaven: A Biography of Kurt Cobain
  • The World’s Worst Teachers
  • Peppa Pig: Peppa's Magical Unicorn
  • The Chase Quizbook Volume 1: The Chase is on!
  • Gaelic Spirit: Field of Dreams ... Home of History
  • Dog Man and Cat Kid (Dog Man, #4)