Start by marking “Tempt Me Not (Wicked, #1)” as Want to Read:
Tempt Me Not (Wicked, #1)

Tempt Me Not

(Wicked #1)

Book 1 in the Boys of Wicked Series

Devin Shaw, front man for the band, Wicked, is forced into seclusion by his manager after his destructive behavior almost destroys the band. Sent to a remote cabin alone isn't Devin's idea of fun, but to save his career, he'll do what it takes.

Holly Baker, escaping the hassles of her big city life, arrives in the mountains of Tennessee a
Published August 10th 2008 (first published August 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Tempt Me Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempt Me Not

Sandra
I liked Wicked - Tempt me Not.
It was a nice, short and sexy read i finished in less than 3 hours.

I would have given it 4 stars if not for the way it ended. Is that even called an 'ending'? Cause nothing was resolved. We still don't know if Holy is gonna cope with Devin being a famous, bad rockstar, and what the fans will do. If she will handle being on the newspapers, tv etc.

They haven't even said 'I love you' for christ sake!

I also lost count how many times Holy rolled her eyes at Devin. Ever
Riverina Romantics
Jul 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-blog, erotic
I’ve been looking forward to this read. I’m a huge rock star romance fan so as soon as I found this I wanted to get my hands on it. It is also the first time I have read anything by Lily Graison.

First of all, I read this book start to finish in a few hours – it was only 109 pages but I found myself devouring them with ease.

If you want to know what the book is about you will need to read the book info because I’m not going to rehash, but I will say that I really enjoyed the start to this series
Chappy
Read this as part of the Erotica Group Book of the Week Challenge.

I would rate this as 2.5 stars and I think I'm being very generous. I didn't connect at all with Devin and Holly. The story felt rushed and totally implausible.

The sexual chemistry (or lack thereof) didn't do much for me at all.
Cindy ~
Aug 20, 2011 rated it liked it
I'll admit I went into this a little bias. Being a fan of Olivia Cunning's Sinners "band" books I was expecting a little more.. If I rate this strictly on a romance level the book was very good. I really liked the romance between Roxy and Devin who is the lead singer of the rock band Wicked.. This book takes place at a cabin in Tennessee where Holly goes thinking she is meeting her friend there for a 2 week relaxing vacation but the friend at the last minute calls once Holly is already there and ...more
 Joyce
Very sweet.

What a nice way to start a series. I can’t wait to read the next one. This is my first time reading this author.
Darkfallen
Jul 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-n-reviewed
So I have been in a bit of a can't-a-girl-get-a-hot-bad boy? funk lately. All I want is a little smexy num time with a bad boy rocker/tattoo'd play toy...yet I had seemed to be failing to find that. Really I have two ladies to blame for this...Ms. Olivia Cunning & Mrs. Cherrie Lynn.

How can I blame these two authors you may wonder? EASY! They spoiled me to no end, and now nothing else has been able to take me Backstage and Rock Me, if you will.....until now!!

This is my first book I've read by
Aղցela W.
This was a pretty good book it was a short quick read. Holly Baker is escaping the hassles of her big city life she arrives in the mountains of Tennessee and awaits the arrival of her best friend Roxy to start their two-week vacation. Their plans change when Roxy is called away at the last minute on business leaving Holly all alone in a cabin in the woods. Devin Shaw is the lead singer for the band Wicked after leaving rehab for his alcohol he is forced into seclusion by his manager to write new ...more
adinda widya
Jul 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
ok", ladies. devin or devlin ??? lol, i forgot. but this book is steamy. u want to live w/ hot rockstar deep in the woods ?? i do lolz XD
Tanaka K
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Reading it as part of a group weekly read. Review will be posted soon
Melody
Feb 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love all the books in the Wicked series and if you like mild erotic books you will love these!!
Lindsey
Amazon freebie 5/27/13
Denise
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So cute

I love the sexy attitude Devin gives Holly all the time. I thought it was funny that he had red blotches and kept asking Holly to bathe him. She knew bathing him would leave to hot sexy make out with a hot shot sex god!😋 so glad he was able to get in touch with Holly again!
Jenny
I really enjoyed reading this, loved the storyline, loved Devin and Holly and look forward to reading the rest in this series :-)
Liv's Love Book Blog

description

Somehow a cabin in the woods was overbooked much to Holly and Devin's dismay. After her friend, Roxy, bailed on Holly last minute she was forced to spend their 2 week vacation alone. Or so she thought...

Devin, front man for Wicked, was forced to spend a month alone, free of all distraction. It was either that or his band falls apart. They didn't think they were going to be spending their supposedly stress free vacation with a complete stranger. With no way to contact anyone, and not in the mood
Angi
Apr 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Basic thoughts on Tempt Me Not:
Within the first couple of chapters was I hooked on the story...Yes! Holly seems independant with not afraid of anything but is needing a break from her work and some alone time. Devin is having issues writing songs for the band and dealing with being a recovering alcoholic. Holly is suppose to be meeting her best friend at a cabin getaway for some R&R but her best friend ends up not being able to make the trip so Holly decides to take it on her own...enter Dev
SATIN SUE
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Twinsie Talk Angie J
check out this review and others at

www.Twinseitalk.com
www.facebook.com/twinsietalk
@twinseitalk

I bought this got this book from Amazon.

I met this author at the IRC convention last year and bought her boxed set of the books. I was recommened to read her series by another author I love to read.

So this book is about Devin who is a bad boy rocker who got sent to rehab and then sent to the mountains to get it together. Well he is shocked to find out that someone else is also renting the cabin he is st
JoLee (Wickedly Delicious Book Blog)
I love Lily Graison’s Western Romance, Willow Creek Series and could not wait to see how she does in Contemporary Romance. Yeah baby she did not disappoint.

Tempt Me Not is a sassy, fun and sexy short novel. What I love most about Lily Graison is her beautiful writing voice. Tempt Me Not suck me right in from the beginning with her witty and fun characters that I could not help but fall in love with them.

Holly the heroine is a spitfire that goes head to head with Devin the hero. I love how she h
Judy
Sep 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Tempt Me Not by Lily Graison
Wicked Series Book 1
Holly Baker has arrived up at a rented cabin in the hills of Tennessee. Nothing but nature around her. Her friend Roxy was suppose to be by her side but she called to say she couldn’t make it, after Holly already arrived. So here she was. Alone. Or so she thought. After returning from a nice rest in the hot springs pool she finds she is no longer alone.

Devin Shaw has had a rough two years. He single handedly messed up things for their band, Wicked
Mira Patryk
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
I really struggled, thinking on which rating to give this book. I feel terrible rating anything a two. There is potential in this author and this book. The story was cute, even. But I expect more in terms of editing and knowledge of English (example: the author incorrectly using "suppose" instead of the correct "supposed"). And the last couple lines of dialogue really read very cliche. I wanted to like this story so much more than I could.

Am I being picky? Yes. Am I a perfect writer, never makin
Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
Apr 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Adults.
Ms. Graison has come a long way in her writing since this was penned. I prefer her Willow Creek books over this series. There isn't anything necessarily wrong with this particular story, but the language and sex was coarse compared to her other books. Take my words with a grain of salt. This just isn't my preferred material, but I can respect the author's ability to reach out to a variety of readers.

It WAS a fast read and a quick escape from the day to day humdrums. Devin, the stressed rock sta
SandyL
Holly Baker and her friend are supposed be vacationing at a remote Tennessee mountain cabin, but her friend flakes at the last minute. Holly is resigned to spending the next two weeks alone. But surprise!! She finds a Devin Shaw in her cabin after coming back from a relaxing day in the pool. Rock star Devin has been sent to a remote cabin to work on his next album and give his manager time to clean up the mess he's made of his life and career. He's shocked when Holly comes back to the cabin, esp ...more
Emily
Holly Baker can't believe she is on vacation by herself, after her best friend cancels last minute. When Rocker Devin Shaw shows up while Holly is on a walk, she finds herself in an embarrasing situation and under the highly erotic watchful eye of Devin.

Devin has made his desire known, repeatedly but Holly is not the type of girl to be labeled a groupie. When the temptation becomes too much to resist, Holly decides that it may not be all that bad to get to know Devin on a more personal level, af
Nadine Bookaholic
This was a quick read. I enjoyed it but I was left wanting more.

Holly is at a cabin secluded in the mountains of Tennessee where she planed to be on vacation with her friend Roxy but with a sudden change in plans Holly is left to vacation alone for the two weeks. Then walks in Devon the lead singer of the band Wicked. A mixup has both Holly and Devin staying at the same cabin.

I didn't feel the chemistry between Devin and Holly but there was a definite lust factor. I hope to see their relationsh
Charity
This was a freebie I picked up on Amazon and read as a Book of the Week challenge for the Erotic book group.

Last minute vacation disaster, no cell service, 10 miles from civilization, and Holly finds herself sharing space with a hot rocker named Devin.

There are some unbelievable parts (the the cabin not having some kind of emergency phone line or direct line to the office was a distraction for me, that could have been better written). The banter back and forth between Holly and Devin was entert
Buffy Kennedy
Mar 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So I pretty much thought that Devin was a prick in the beginning, but overall I was glad things played out the way they did. The cabin mix up thing was fun and I enjoyed Devin and Holly 19s story. I really loved Devin 19s confession scene, but I wanted more from the reunion and gushing with Holly 19s best friend. While the ending was satisfying, I was just left wanting more.

Tempt Me Not is a fun, sexy story that will leave you wanting more. I look forward to checking out more in the series!
Barrie Mac
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Devin is the lead guitarist of the famous band, Wicked, is supposed to be taking some time alone in a secluded cabin. Holly is supposed to be enjoying a women's only getaway with her best friend, who bales at the last minute due to work commitments; so Holly goes alone, looking forward to a quiet week. Imagine both of their surprises when they find themselves booked in the same cabin! Holly has a smart mouth which makes for a funny read. Devin is HOT which makes for great sex scenes and romance.
Carly
A pretty good quick read. I read it in a couple hours. My only issue is that since this was such a short story there was not a lot of character development. We do not know a lot about Holly or Devin. All we really know that Holly lives in LA and Devin is on a rock band and was in rehab for alcohol abuse. I wish we got to know about them. I think this story could have been better if it were longer.
Teresa
Out of 5 star:
Overall:2.5
P.O.V. alternating between Hero and Heroine
Heroine: Holly
Enjoyable: 2
Secondary Characters: 2
Likely hood of reading the rest of the series: 2

This probably could have been good if it had been a full length novel. As it is i was left wanting. It just give me enough to earn more than 2.5 stars.

I am glad I got this one free off the authors website. If I had paid for it I would have been pissed.
Buffy Kennedy
Jun 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
So I pretty much thought that Devin was a prick in the beginning, but overall I was glad things played out the way they did. The cabin mix up thing was fun and I enjoyed Devin and Holly’s story. I really loved Devin’s confession scene, but I wanted more from the reunion and gushing with Holly’s best friend. While the ending was satisfying, I was just left wanting more.

• Falling Star (Earth Scents, #1)
  • Miles of Pleasure
  • Front Man (Front Man, #1)
  • For All the Right Reasons (Band of Brothers, #1)
  • Exclusive Interview (Rock Arrangement, #1; The Lonely Kings, #1.1)
  • Love
  • Unplugged (A Portrait of a Rock Star)
  • Colors of Love (Speed, #2)
  • The First Touch
  • Carmen's New York Climax (Carmen's New York, #1)
  • Gateway To Heaven
  • Kissing Phoenix (Bitten Backstage, #1)
  • Marry Me
  • For Everything
  • When Fangirls Lie (How Not to be Seduced by Rockstars, #1)
  • Rock Starred: Love My Way
  • Voices and Lies (Rock Hard Seduction, #1)
  • Her Immortal Love
Bestselling Western Romance Author Lily Graison
Lily Graison is a USA TODAY bestselling author of historical western romances. Her Willow Creek Series introduced readers to a small Montana town where the west is wild and the cowboys are wilder. Lily also dabbles in contemporary and paranormal romance when the mood strikes and all of her stories range from sweet to spicy with strong female leads and

Wicked (5 books)
  • Leather and Lace (Wicked, #2)
  • Jade Butterfly (Wicked, #3)
  • Sweet Temptation (Wicked, #4)
  • Wicked: The Complete Series (Wicked #1-4)
“Fu*k!”
“Anytime, darling,” he yelled up to her. “Just get your cute ass back down here and I’ll get straight to work on that.”
4 likes