Start by marking “The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy” as Want to Read:
The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy

The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy

Welcome to the first comprehensive encyclopedia of the human energetic anatomy. Here is a reference that no personal or professional health care library should be without—an in-depth, illustrated guide to the invisible energies of spirit, psyche, and consciousness that influence every aspect of our well-being.

Whether you are looking for the complementary medicine to enhanc

Paperback, 1st edition, 487 pages
Published February 1st 2009 by Sounds True

To ask other readers questions about The Subtle Body, please sign up.
Cianna Fayant There is, however they are simple diagrams. This reads very much like an educational textbook but nonetheless, very intriguing and informative if you…moreThere is, however they are simple diagrams. This reads very much like an educational textbook but nonetheless, very intriguing and informative if you are into these kinds of studies. (less)

Cathy Douglas
Aug 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
I got this for my husband, who wanted to explore alternative healing. He never got around to reading it.

But I picked it up recently, as a reference for a short article I'm writing about chakras. The information on this subject is all right, but diffuse; it's hard to tell where to look, exactly, without reading a hundred pages just to get a basic grasp on the topic. I was not loving this book, but as a reference, I wasn't hating it either.

Then I made the mistake of sitting down to read a chapter.
Jan
May 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: pseudoscience
I really wanted to like this book, which was given to me by a dear friend with the best of intentions. I did get out of it an outline of the Chinese meridian system and the Hindu Chakra system, and a passing acquaintance with a few other popular beliefs.

Unfortunately, the writing was sloppy and the thinking was sloppier. Instead of simply outlining various belief systems, critically or uncritically, the author engaged in the worst kind of pseudoscience to "prove" various ideas. She started out w
Nathaniel Nathaniel
Oct 04, 2014 rated it liked it
Basically, it's not a book to be read from cover to cover - it's a reference book. You need something and you get it. At the same time, it's not really an encyclopedia - this book is something *between* a non-fiction manual and a dictionary/encyclopedia. The author did a lot of research so the value of the book is great when it comes to knowledge, although I've noticed minor mistakes and flaws - thus, no reader should trust the content of the book completely. Let's say that it's 80% worth of tru ...more
Amy Vickers
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Even though this is called "An Encyclopedia" I read it cover to cover.

The value of Cyndi Dale's book is that she includes a large number of subtle energetic frameworks from a wide variety of cultures. She also gives more detailed overviews of the Chinese meridian system and the Indian chakra system.

She includes a long list energy healing modalities, coupled with descriptions (some better than others). Everything that I know about is in there, but that doesn't mean she didn't miss something, of c
Sandy
Oct 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is encyclopedic knowledge of the subtle body across time and belief systems presented thoroughly with no trace of bias. If you enjoy reading encyclopedias and become engrossed in the finer details of a subject, you may enjoy this book as much as I did. As required reading for yoga teacher training, I was eager to delve into the subtle body and its foundations in ancient yoga. I discovered that the subtle body has been studied by most cultures throughout time, except our western culture domi ...more
Valerie Welch
Aug 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mostly, a scientific approach to the otherworldly subject of subtle energy. It is a well put together textbook to the class I always wanted to take, but was never given the choice to.
Mariana Calderon
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
A reference book with vast amounts of information that is not developed in a profound or systematic manner but rather gives a glimpse of the several subjects. To deepen on each of the number of subjects referenced in the book it is necessary to dig way deeper into other souces. A bit difficult to read as it lacks order and structure.
Cj Sime
Sep 04, 2017 rated it did not like it
True, it is a reference book and it definitely reads much as an encyclopedia would. However, there are so many other far more engaging resources and I didn't enjoy this one at all.
Andy Lopez
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
✌victory this is IT

I found this f ing amazing an answered 33% of WHAT I was born to do quite perplexing but I'm haha still learning
Rah~ri

Is this book any good?
Or os it just the mega-compilation of
new-age-babel-blahblahblah-stick-finger-down-your-throat-airy-fairy-fuzzy-bunny-that-should-be-made-into-stew-for-me-and-you-kinda-book-ish-thing???
I know i'm a brat :)
but i have a luv hate relationship with this stuff.
So, i guess this looks decent online?
Is it?
Why?
How?

Seems more than every other person coming into the shop
is talking to me about energetics? ... kinda fun...kinda exhausting?
Would like to have a good reference book for
Ashley
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
beautiful book full of inspiring information on the chakras and energy anatomy. I especially enjoyed how it combined science and metaphysics. A nice go-to book for info especially on the chakras and auras. I really enjoyed how open and expansive the discussion was on different cultures and how it incorporated various elements from the cellular to the different auric bodies. It shows how even though there are different methods of healing, they all interconnect. It also inspired me to look at heal ...more
Charlotte
Jul 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book had fantastic illustrations and made a valiant effort to present actual science woven in with historical and recent applications for various healing modalities. While the Herculean effort to outline all subtle practices, by sheer volume, of course falls short, the author definitely chooses her topics wisely to enable her to compare and contrast different healing modalities and energy systems.

I learned so very much from this book. Totally recommend it for subtle energy practitioners of
Kate
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
...complete comprehensive.
Chane
May 26, 2015 added it
I read the chapters that were most of interest. It was a great read, short sections helped me manage my reading time and made me feel like I was making great progress. lol.

Overall the book was informational and useful for me.
Apr 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A challenging book to get through because it is so dense, but I can't imagine continuing on my personal and professional path in regards to energy work without it. So much information and everything well referenced.
Ruth
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: new-age-health
Excellent overview for those new to energy work. Also a great reference for someone already more advanced.
Alysa Volpe
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
I use this as reference quite often and recommend it as cliff notes for any teacher of yoga and esoteric philosophies.
Holly
meh. Took me a year and a day to finish it. I think that says all that needs to be said.
Lee Hinkle
Sonia
Jan 27, 2012
  • Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing
  • The Reiki Sourcebook
  • The Healer's Manual: A Beginner's Guide to Energy Healing for Yourself and Others
  • Ascension Magick: Ritual, Myth & Healing for the New Aeon
  • Energy Medicine for Women: Aligning Your Body's Energies to Boost Your Health and Vitality
  • Tantric Orgasm for Women
  • The Book of Stones: Who They Are & What They Teach
  • The Sevenfold Journey: Reclaiming Mind, Body and Spirit Through the Chakras
  • Wheels of Light: Chakras, Auras, and the Healing Energy of the Body
  • Kundalini and the Chakras: Evolution in This Lifetime: A Practical Guide
  • Crystal Enlightenment: The Transforming Properties of Crystals and Healing Stones
  • The Chakras (Quest Book)
  • The Chakra Bible: The Definitive Guide to Working with Chakras
  • Awakening the Spine
  • The Way of Qigong: The Art and Science of Chinese Energy Healing
  • Vibrational Medicine: The #1 Handbook of Subtle-Energy Therapies
  • Love Will Find You: 9 Magnets to Bring You and Your Soulmate Together
  • The Promise of Energy Psychology: Revolutionary Tools for Dramatic Personal Change
“To achieve excellence, we must also consider and work with what is not apparent, with what cannot be seen. We must journey into the complex world of subtle energies.” 0 likes