Start by marking “Our Little Secret (The Spencer Brooks Diaries Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Our Little Secret (The Spencer Brooks Diaries Book 1)

Our Little Secret (The Spencer Brooks Diaries Book 1)

Spencer Brooks was the most attractive man I'd ever laid eyes on.

He was also my father's best friend.

That alone should have said he was off limits, but what could one night really hurt?
Kindle Edition
Published June 20th 2022

To ask other readers questions about Our Little Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Little Secret

Start your review of Our Little Secret (The Spencer Brooks Diaries Book 1)
Chalice
The couple: Spencer and Ainsley

Romance trope: age gap
Series: The Spencer Brooks Diaries
Length: 390 locations

Plot: Ainsley has a crush on her dad's best friend, who is also the dad of the little girl she babysits for. He owns a dating app and she finds out his profile name and starts messaging him. He eventually figures out it's her and they start a secret affair.

Commentary: This was a super short story that had potential, but I'm not a big fan of serials. If a story is this short (and the ones
Joelle
Loved this one, the characters were fantastic, they had great chemistry. Loved that Ainsley and Spencer felt the same way about one another, and we really enjoyed them getting to know one another with playful banter, fun and flirty texts without really knowing for sure who was on the receiving end of the text messages it made things exciting and forbidden kind of way.

From the moment we met Ainsley we felt she had an old soul and perhaps that is why she did not feel comfortable around people her
Katrina
Jun 27, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Our little secret is a deliciously sexy short read.
Ainsley has had a crush on her next door neighbour for a long time. Tue thing is that he is 20 years older than her and her dad’s best friend. When they start chatting to one another via a dating app, a lot of lying and sneaking around ensues.
I really enjoyed this book and found it a fun and steamy read. It’s written well and I look forward to the next book in the series. A+
Marni Ortiz
Jun 17, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG - there are seriously no words to express all the reasons I absolutely adored this amazing story so much . Our Little Secret is truly a emotional rollercoaster in every sense of the word . It’s the type of love story you really need to read for yourself to fully appreciate how awesome it is . . Steamy taboo , fathers best friend, forbidden, captivating, angsty , heartbreaking, heartfelt, twist and turns , unforgettable and Unputdownable. Prepare yourself for all the feels and a very late nig ...more
Marianela Aybar (Mari Loves Books Blog)
Single dad and a little forbidden? Yes please. Ainsley and Spencer are fire together and I love how the author balances the forbidden with their attraction for each other.
Stefanie Nelson hetland
I wasn’t sure about the age gap and if I would like it or not. Ainsley starts out at being Spencer’s next door neighbor and baby sitter for his daughter. And he’s friends with Ainsley’s dad. Spencer can’t help the attraction he feels for Ainsley. Such a wonderful hot book
Nikki
Jun 18, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn’t put it down and I definitely need more. I can’t wait to see what happens next
Dani6614
Jun 06, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t sure I would like a book about a girl and her dads best friend but WOW! I was definitely wrong! S.L. Sterling definitely changed my mind! Can’t wait to get More of Ainsley and Spencer.
Charlie
Jun 04, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
ARC read

If you read the first publication this one has more but I caution you it also stops before the other book leaving room for the series to grow. I love the characters so I am good with it. If you have not I recommend reading the series as it’s going to give you so much more.
Heather Dee
Jun 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one was steamy taboo and oh so yummy I can't wait for more of Ainsley and Spencer !
Definitely a yummy must read 📚
Wendy Livingstone
This is the first in a new series, and this is Spencer and Ainsley’s journey. Spencer is Ainsley’s dads’ best friend, neighbor, and the dad of a little girl that she babysits for. This is a well written story which is a quick read, emotional roller coaster, and an age gap forbidden romance, with angst, heartbreak, twists, and love, which leads to a heartfelt and compelling page turner. I look forward to reading more from this talented author whose work I highly recommend.
I received a free copy o
United Indie Book Blog
I love to read books by S L Sterling. Our Little Secret is the first book in this series. It's about Ainsley and her dad's best friend Spencer. Ainsley is a next-door neighbor to Spencer and is his baby sitter for his daughter. Who doesn't have a huge crush on the older hottie next door. Well, that is definitely Ainsley for sure. Sometimes age doesn't matter if you have found your soul mate. I can't wait to read the next one in the series. This book left me wanting MORE!!! Keep up the great wor ...more
Chantelle Bouffanie
Quick read! I've volunteered to review this book for United Indie Book Blog. I love to read books by S L Sterling. Our Little Secret is the first book in this series. It's about Ainsley and her dad's best friend Spencer. Ainsley is a next-door neighbor to Spencer and is his baby sitter for his daughter. Who doesn't have a huge crush on the older hottie next door. Well, that is definitely Ainsley for sure. Sometimes age doesn't matter if you have found your soul mate. I can't wait to read the nex ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(4 Stars)

Ainsley has a huge crush on her neighbor, Spencer. Spencer is not only her neighbor, but he happens to be friends with her dad, she babysits his daughter, and he has just hired her to be his secretary. Despite all that, she ends up secretly chatting with him on an app and things get super spicy. What will happen when Spencer finds out just who Babygirl is?

This was a super quick lunch time read. There could have been so much more to this story but as it was intended f
Renee
Jun 27, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Spencer Brooks was the most attractive man I'd ever laid eyes on. He was not only our neighbor and the father to the little girl I babysat for, but he was also my father's best friend. All of those reasons combined should have said he was totally off-limits, but my desire for him was too strong. After all, what could one night really hurt?

This story was published in the Take Me To Bed Anthology. It do
Lauren Hutchinson
This was a fantastic story with a great forbidden element to it. It was a relatively quick story to read but it was also a very addictive one. I read this start to finish in one go. It had everything you want in a fantastic story.
Lori
Jun 23, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Our Little Secret is a happy for now age gap romance. Now, I’m pretty sure I’ve read this story before and that tracks, because at the end of the book the author states it was previously published as part of a collection. As I was reading this version of the story, I could remember the initial version and I really like them both.

I am definitely a fan of an age gap romance. I think Spencer and Ainsley are good together as a couple. I love that Ainsley already has a relationship with Spencer’s dau
Donna Getzandanner
The neighbor next door. Everybody has one. But not like this one!
This story is all about the neighbor next door. Or maybe it’s about the girl next door. I guess it depends on your point of view, like which window you are looking out of.
OUR LITTLE SECRET has steam, a few laughs, a couple of suspenseful moments, heat, some tenderness, and then there is the sizzle. In the end, I think it’s safe to say that love—or something like it--wins. But it was a tough battle.
Sheila
Jun 26, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What's not to like with older sexy single dad Spencer and younger sweet Ainsley. This is a sweet romance that had its ups and downs until later in the story and Ainsley loved Spencer's little daughter which makes this such a great story. Can not wait for the next one. ...more
Nikki Costello ***Crazy Cajun Book Addicts Blog***
Our Little Secret was a short but great taboo romance.
Age gap, fathers best friend story.
Ainsley is twenty and has a crush on her fathers best friend Spencer. When she discovers her feelings are reciprocated they embark on a secret romance.

A book that I really enjoyed except it has quite an abrupt ending so I'm looking forward to book 2.
Jillian Kerr
Jun 20, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Our Little Secret is a forbidden, age gap. Age gaps usually aren't a go to for me, but I loved Spencer and Ainsley. There was lots of forbidden heat and they both had genuine feelings for each other. There is still so much I want to know about their relationship and all the external factors that stand in their way. I can't wait for Our Little Surprise!! ...more
Robin
Jun 20, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
what starts out as lusting after an older guy quickly turns into a secret relationship. This book really has a bit of everything, an age gap forbidden romance, father's best friend, single dad...it really has it all, and doesn't feel rushed for as quick of a read as it is. ...more
Michele Del Rey
Jun 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I thought these characters were made for eachother and I love stories with children. This book pulled at my heartstrings and made me fall in love.
Jun 17, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(ARC REVIEW)

This is my first time reading Ms. Sterling and it won't be my last.

Our little secret is just that. Ainsley has the hots for the next-door neighbor, Spencer, who just happens to be her dad's best friend. While she secretly admires him from afar he does the same. It is a cute little story with wonderful detail that keeps you guessing. Im now hooked and I need to know what happens next.
Deeply Love Reading Blog
Our little Secret is a novella prequel to Our Little Surprise. It was a fast read with just enough to peak your interest to see what comes next for Spenser and Ainsley. An age gap, father’s best friend that has you wanting to see where the story goes!
KDRBCK
Jun 17, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Our Little Secret by S.L. Sterling is the first book in The Spencer Brooks Diaries. It's a quick read and tells the start of Ainsley and Spencer's story.
A babygirl and romanticalpha story, entertaining, well written, a short story.
Debra Floyd
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ainsley was attracted to her dad’s best friend and neighbor.

Spencer had his eye on Ainsley. He asked her to babysit his three year old.

Ainsley set up a profile on a dating site. Would that lead her to Spencer? Read to find out what happens!
A L I S S A
Dec 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a steamy little read this was. Very fast paced and it keeps your attention the entire time. Ainsley has a crush on her dad's best friend and although some may say it's wrong, sometimes it's hard to ignore those feelings when they are mutual. ...more
Michelle Vandal
May 20, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Age gap, older man, younger woman, neighbors. Felt a little jilted at the abrupt end but it left us with a HFN so I’ll be ok. 😉
Jessica
Nov 20, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it, but it has no ending….

• Along Came You (Paradise Bay Billionaire Brothers, #3)
  • Distracting David (Caine & Graco Saga #5.5)
  • The Flip Side of Wait for Me
  • The Flip Side of Her One and Only
  • The Flip Side of Caught in the Act
  • Game On
  • The Flip Side of Tasting The Forbidden Fruit
  • The Christmas Pact
  • Rocco's Atonement
  • A Slice of Love (Slice #4)
  • The Anti-Fling
  • First Comes Love: A secret baby, second chance romance
  • Dear Bridget, I Want You
  • Controlled Chaos (Love & Lyrics #1)
  • Happy Endings (McCallister's Paradise, #1)
  • Lei'd with Cupcakes
  • Coaching the Kicker (Charleston Pirates #4)
  • Falling at First Sight
USA Today Bestselling Author S.L. Sterling was born and raised in southern Ontario. She now lives in Northern Ontario Canada and is married to her best friend and soul mate and their two dogs.

An avid reader all her life, S.L. Sterling dreamt of becoming an author. She decided to give writing a try after one of her favorite authors launched a course on how to write your novel. This course gave her