Start by marking “50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth” as Want to Read:
50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth

50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth

This valuable and entertaining book shows children how specific elements of their environment--like a light switch or a toilet--are connected to the rest of the world. Clear, practical tips show kids how they can conserve energy, recycle waste, and take on important environmental projects.
Published January 1st 1990 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about 50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth

Start your review of 50 Simple Things Kids Can Do to Save the Earth
Emily
Mar 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
It is great for me, as a kid, to know that I am the future and am in charge of saving it.
Laura Rogers
Jul 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I am adding this one because my ten year old loves it so. She has decided to buy her own copy after checking one out from the library repeatedly. She has implemented some of the ideas and is eager to help us all do more.
Kelly Holmes
Jan 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I read this book as a child, and it made a huge impact on me.
Megan
Jan 11, 2020 rated it liked it
I unearthed a 1990s copy of this book while visiting family for the holidays. I was curious about what this copy might suggest, how the dialogue has since changed and how it has not. Overall I think it was a pretty great little book for what it is. It had a lot of simple suggestions for conserving water, reducing waste, providing habitat for local animals and so on. In some ways, it seems just as good a book for adults as it is for children. I was pleasantly surprised. If you have young kids or ...more
Sofía Bascialla
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Consejos bastante "sencillos" pero es el libro que me motivó a ser quien soy ahora, super recomendado para peques
Bacon Pancake
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ADORABLE BOOK ...more
Earl
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2008
50 Simple Things You Can Do to Save the Earth by the Earthworks Group (1989); John Javna, Sophia Javna, and Jesse Javna (2008). It’s a great idea to occasionally read something completely different from what you’re normally used to- not only as a way to expose yourself to a new subject matter but to also expand your knowledge of things. This was probably the first time where I lived has played a factor in determining my reading selection. Having moved to Portland, I couldn’t help but take up a ...more
Brenda
Oct 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you want to learn ways that you can "go green" but feel overwhelmed by where to start, this book is a great resource. Each topic is only two pages long...it provides statistics as well as ideas for action. Best of all, this book has been updated since the 1989 version (which I have!) with websites for each topic so you can get more information.
Eva Chafi
May 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Leí este libro básicamente como un chiste a mí misma y al chico que me lo dio. No es malo, de hecho tiene buenos consejos y está escrito de una manera entretenida, pero era difícil identificarse con los niños estadounidenses de los 90' a los que está dirigido.
Aziz Alkattan
Not what I was expecting. The book did not contain simple everyday solutions as I was hoping: it's more like a How-to book that is too complicated, not intellectually stimulating, and a little depressing
Wendy
Jan 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all
This book help to shape who I am today. No Joke!
Jun 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I read this book as a kid and it had a big impact on my lifelong interest in ecology and the environment.
Stacy
May 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Good for kids to realize that what ever little they can do, it can still have an impact.
Karen
Dec 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Not just for kids! Education, attitude, and implementation in our daily lives is the first step toward real sustainability, and it's never too late to start.
Arianna
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved the crap out of this book when I was a pre-teen. I hope I still have it, stored away somewhere...
Ksenia
Jan 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is really informational it has a lot of facts and ways to save the earth
I like it
Lorene
May 13, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: instructional
A good book to help introduce kids to things they can do to help the planet.
Loudfire
Dec 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great. i recommend this book to everyone that can read it. cause it takes everyone to save the world. it may not be the BEST eco book ever. but it's pretty good. really good.
María Aragunde
Gary Olson
Jan 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Antígona Vélez
  • Outlaws of the Marsh (4-Volume Boxed Set)
  • El príncipe feliz
  • El Principito
  • 501 Spanish Verbs: Fully Conjugated in All the Tenses in a New Easy-To-Learn Format Alphabetically Arranged
  • The Japanese Pottery Handbook