Start by marking “My Perfect Enemy (Whitecap #2)” as Want to Read:
My Perfect Enemy (Whitecap #2)

My Perfect Enemy

(Whitecap #2)

Rule number 1: Never fall for the enemy.

Rule number 2: Never Get involved with a local.

Luna Copeland lives by those rules, which complicates things tremendously when her new boss turns out to be a former one-night stand. As if that isn’t bad enough, he’s also a world-class jerk. But she just can’t make herself stop thinking about their one night together.

When Nate Warren
Published June 6th 2022

To ask other readers questions about My Perfect Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Perfect Enemy

Start your review of My Perfect Enemy (Whitecap #2)
Izzie d
Jeeves Reads Romance
Easy and sexy

It was like (not love) for me, but there's a lot of good stuff going on in this fling to more romance. After one steamy night together, this couple soon realizes they're in over their heads when they become boss/assistant. I loved the sexual tension, and there are some really sweet moments between this single dad and his troublemaking teenage daughter. The story has an easygoing, small town feel, and I had no issues jumping right into the series - this easily reads as a standalone.
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Amazon US / Amazon Worldwide

Luna's rules are in place for a reason. She doesn't need or want some grumpy jerk boss coming around and making her want to break those rules. But's that's what Nate's doing, and she's not sure she can withstand the things he and his angry but lovable daughter are making her want. Things like the warmth and comfort commitment and a real relationship bring. Luna will have to take a leap and trust that Nate will take gentle care of her wary heart.

Nate came back
RomanceBookLoverinSeattle
Abandoned by her father, and raised by her barely there, toxic mother, Luna plans to never fall in love and be in a long term relationship. It would only lead to hurt and she is determined to have nothing to do with that. Her life plans have fallen astray when she finds her business going belly up in her small town and prospects dim. To keep things going, she takes a job as a bartender in a dive bar in the next town over. In walks a gorgeous stranger one night that she has instant chemistry with ...more
Kahea
***5 Stars***

I swear I needed a hit of some goodness today and this baby gave me that and then some. It hit all the right buttons for me, even the eye rolling ones, and left my cheeks sore because of all the grinning I ended up doing as Luna and Nate danced around and finally towards each other.

Luna and Nate definitely kept me on my toes and I adored them for it. Luna is vivacious, kind and sassy, but she’s built walls around her heart and has a difficult time asking for help. Nate has a bi
Nightbird Novels
Jun 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Luna Copeland doesn't do relationships. In fact, she avoids getting involved with any man who resides in her beloved small town of Whitecap. And while she has so far succeeded in sticking to her one night only arrangements, Whitecap's newest resident is about to turn her world upside down...

Nate Warren left Whitecap in his rearview mirror years ago, but as a recently single father, the tight knit, small town community is just what he and his emotionally floundering daughter need. But something
Amanda
May 25, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Luna is living in a small town called whitecap, working in a dive bar she never expected to be working in, her personal ventures had taken a turn for the worst.
She has sworn of ever falling in love & having a relationship due to her not so great mother.

In walks Nate Warren whitecaps own, he came back to town with his teenage daughter in tow. They needed a change to help his daughter & her troubled path. Nate walks into the dive bar & finds something he never expected. Straight away there’s che
Jessica Prince
Jun 06, 2022 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mine, my-books
AVAILABLE NOW!! Click HERE to start reading

description
BookishStacy
Loved!

4.5 stars for this one. I really enjoyed it! I loved Evan and her relationship with her dad just melted my heart. It made Nate even more swoony.
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

Jessica Prince is back with the next standalone in the Whitecap series. Y'all, I'm pretty sure Jessica owns a *queen* title in the small town romance trope because of beauties like this right here. My Perfect Enemy was everything I needed it to be.

Gaaaahhhh. My heart, it fell hard and fast for these two. Luna and Nate were everything in soooo many moments, along their journey and y'all, just wait until you dive headfirst into their story.. unforgettable nearly every step of the way.

So so
Cheryl O'Harney
May 31, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luna lives in the small town of WhiteCap, she has her dream home, however unfortunately the same can’t be said for her career, her own personal venture took a turn for the worst and she’s found herself working in a dive bar in order to pay the bills. The relationship she has with her mother isn’t what you’d call the greatest, in-fact it’s the reason why she’s sworn off falling in love let alone relationships. When she sees a tall handsome stranger walk into the bar one evening looking all out of ...more
Maryanne DeWitt
May 30, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes I feel like a broken record when reviewing a Jessica Prince book. How many times can you say that each time she releases a book, it becomes your favorite? I guess the answer to that is – however many she chooses to write, because every single time it’s the same thing – I think I couldn’t possibly love a book more than the last release and then, bam – she proves me wrong.

I’ll admit, I’ve been waiting (not so) patiently for Luna’s story since she released Crossing the Line and she was
Ri
One of my guilty pleasures is watching two people, that have chemistry, set up rules and then try to adhere to them. I love to watch them fall. That is precisely what happened here with Luna and Nate.

In usual fashion, this author has made me fall deeper in love with the places that she creates. She is able to do that by showing how authentic and real small towns are and the people that inhabit them. Having always grown up in the city, it is always refreshing to go to a place that focuses on what
Franci Neill
5 She Feels Beautiful Stars!!

I love starting a new Jessica Prince book because I know I’m going to get lost in her characters and their story. I’ve been looking forward to Luna’s story when I met her in Crossing the Line. This book is so freaking good I read it in one sitting!

I love Luna and her strength and independence even if it does make some of her friends mad because she doesn’t want to ask for help from anyone. And when we learn about her growing up, it just made me love this girl so
Elle P. Golden
May 31, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just couldn't stop reading it!

From the moment I started this book, I just couldn't put it down. I've read it in one night. Who needs sleep when you have this beauty to make you company and make you happy?

I feel like a broken record, but this book warrants I say it again: Jessica Prince is my go-to author, and for good reason.
Whatever she writes, I know I'll love it, and it most definitely wasn't different this time.
There wasn't one single thing I didn't love about this book.

The coziness of Whi
Jenifer Briggs
I hate to say it, but i really struggled with this book, which makes me so sad because I LOVED the first book in this series. I adored Luna in "Crossing The Line" but here she was just so darn judgy. Like in the first chapter she's going on and on about how working in that bar is so beneath her and everyone that's there are just low-life meth heads with bad teeth. And look, maybe I'm sensitive because I hate the way my own teeth look and I don't have the money to fix them (which side note: how r ...more
Jenn the Readaholic
May 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Oh, boy. Luna has rules. Nate has anger and derision. Evan has attitude and teenage angst. When the three intersect, it’s a recipe for disaster. Or is it? Because Luna’s rules may get broken. Nate wears some emotions like a cape. And Evan has so many valid reasons for her behavior (well, most of it) that I had to like her. Especially when we learn some of what’s going on behind the scenes. But can they still find happiness, or will hearts shatter instead?

I was supremely angry at Nate a few times
Emily
Luna Copeland is faltering, her business is not doing as well as she had hoped and is having to moonlight as a bartender out of town. When Nate Warren steps into the seedy bar she works at she knows he is out of place and that he has the world sitting on his shoulder. One thing leads to one night, a fantastic night but Luna knows she will never see him again until she finds out he is the long lost son from Whitecap and has relocated his business to Whitecap. Luna needs a job, Nate is hiring but ...more
Alice
Jun 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whitecap Series Book #2:
My Perfect Enemy by Jessica Prince
Trope...

OMG!
I really tried to write a respectable review... but C'MON!
I FINISHED THE MOST WONDERFUL BOOK!
I just can't control my feelings right now!
WOW! ABSOLUTELY WOW!

Luna works in a shitty bar and when Nate wants to drink a beer there... sparks fly everywhere! They spent a passionate night together. Luna has rules. Never get involved with a local and never fall for the enemy.
Can she really stick to her rules with Nate being the
Resting Book Face
I really enjoy this author and loved the first book in this series. This one, however, was not one of my favorites, primarily because I just didn't like Nate for a big chunk of the book. He was total jerkwad to Luna and said some very offensive things. And Luna is so proud that she didn't ask her friends for help, so I had a hard time believing that she would even consider working for Nate, no matter how desperate she was. Thus, the circumstances of their relationship felt a bit forced for me. A ...more
Amanda
Jun 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Luna and Nate… started off as just two strangers at a bar then it turned into an assistant/boss relationship. Two of my favorite parts is when Nate calls her moonbeam (want to name my kids Luna for them to have that awesome nickname) and when Luna kind of blackmails him to get a job.

Luna’s rules were a little much but I like how Nate didn’t really want to give up. I kind of like it when I read a book and he start to have feelings before the girl but that is just me. LOL

Whitecap is just another
Nancy Metsch
May 27, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying this book is now my favorite by Jessica,
There were so many things in it that really hit home for me. ** Spoiler Free Review** Luna Copeland is absolutely amazing. I loved how badass she is. And that's all because she had to earn to take care of herself at a really early age.
She has all these rules to protect her heart not giving anyone except her best friends a chance. If you didn't notice she was beautiful woman you would think she's a guy....
Then one night working a
Vanessa  Ramirez
✨ ARC Review ✨
***
Thank you to Love Affair with Fiction and Jessica Prince for the ARC to review.
***
My Perfect Enemy was so good. I loved the characters and the writing so much. I felt all the feels with this story. This book had it all. Enemies to lovers, single dad trope, office romance, small town romance, MC who refuses to fall in love, lots of banter, and off the charts chemistry. The characters were perfectly written. Luna and Nate were a match made in heaven. I loved their relationship and
Trish (tiedupinbooks)
As customary for every Jessica Prince book, this one was a quick read that I simply could not put down.

Luna has issues with relationships because her mom never prioritized Luna over her own relationships. Luna has a strict love ‘em and leave em one and done rule that she breaks for no man.

That is until Nate crashes into her life. Her world is turned upside down, she can’t tell what’s right from left, all she knows is she can’t stop thinking about him.

This book was such a sweet read. Full of amaz
Becca Stanfield Vernon
This book was so good! Luna had me fighting tears at times with the way she was treated by her mom throughout her life. Nate, oh Nate could he be any sweeter! This guy had attitude but once you got past that he was so swoony! He is a great dad, sweet & $exy. The chemistry was smoking between these two even before the give into it. Evan is a typical teenager, but the connection between her & Luna just adds to this great story. I couldn’t get enough of this book.
I highly recommend this book. Told
Deanna
Luna has rules, and she never breaks them. Never date a local. Never Fall in love. She was doing great following her rules. Well that was before she met Nate.

Nate comes home to Whitecap, a place he said he’d never come back to. Nate needed help with his rebellious teenage daughter, and small town living was the way to go.

After one amazing night, Luna never thought she’d see Nate again.

I finished this baby in 1 sitting, I just couldn’t put it down. I keep saying Jessica Prince knows how to writ
Liz [reads books]
Jun 09, 2022 rated it really liked it
Thuy Taylor
Jun 28, 2022 rated it really liked it
Another good JP enemies to lovers, small town romance book!!!! Luna and Nate’s hate/love chemistry is fantastic. Nate is back in his hometown, with his angry teen daughter in tow, and he is navigating his new life. Luna and Nate had a one night stand month prior to him moving into town, unbeknownst to either of them, they needed the anonymity but it definitely blew up in their faces few months later.😂. Angry teenager, all the chemistry, small town, nosey friends, fam and townspeople, I’m all in! ...more
Carrie
May 29, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fabulous, fantastic read!! I loved Nate & Luna a lot! Their banter & chemistry, their arguments while butting heads but still attracted to each other... mwah!

Also, I loved how Evan fit into the story. Her attitude, the feelings she expresses thru the story, all of it was very well done & made me a bit emotional! Teenagers!!

There's a great balance of sweet & spicy & LOL woven in. I greatly enjoyed this whole read & can't wait for y'all to experience Nate & Luna!!

😍😍😍😍
Megs
Jun 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book just as I was coming down with Covid, it was the perfect book to keep me distracted from such a crummy reality. Jessica Prince is a master at creating stories that suck you in and make you experience everything the characters do. Nate and Luna were so relatable, I could see both sides of their story and loved watching it unfold. I always love Mrs. Prince’s books because I know that I am going to throughly enjoy each and every one.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Fate After Fame (Balsam Ridge, #2)
  • Until May (Until Her/Him, #11)
  • Risky (Adventures in Love, #2)
  • Misconception
  • Mine To Have (Southern Wedding, #1)
  • Betrayed Love
  • Shifting Gears (Reynold's Restorations #3)
  • The Mrs. Degree (Accidentally in Love #2)
  • Loving at 40
  • Controlled Chaos
  • Help Me Remember (Rose Canyon, #1)
  • Life After Wife (Balsam Ridge, #1)
  • Quarterback Keeper
  • Hidden Waters (Tattered & Torn #3)
  • Ever Mine (Honey Mountain, #2)
  • Last on the List (Wait With Me, #5)
  • Etched in Honor (Aspen Pack, #1)
  • Indescribable: A Friends to Lovers Romance
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe

Whitecap (2 books)
  • Crossing the Line (Whitecap #1)