Start by marking “Stranded (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #4)” as Want to Read:
Stranded (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #4)

Stranded (Ivy Malone Mysteries #4)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  1,337 Ratings  ·  87 Reviews
Super sleuth Ivy Malone's inquisitiveness has gotten her into plenty of trouble, including murder, mayhem, and a place on a mini-Mafia hit list. Still on the run from the mob, Ivy ends up in a small town in the Pacific Northwest with a broken-down motor home, a young traveling companion running from a violent husband, and a stray cat.
Published October 1st 2006 by Fleming H. Revell Company (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Stranded, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stranded

Pamela Tracy
Jan 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent. I read the first Ivy book thanks to a free download at Kindle. I promptly purchased the next three and was not disappointed. Wait, I was disappointed. There should be more.
Loraine
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Once again Lorena McCourtney has introduced us to fun-loving, mystery solving "little old lady" sleuth, Ivy Malone. As she travels the US to escape the Braxton brothers who are still chasing her from a previous book, her RV breaks down in Hello, Colorado. A murder has taken place a month earlier of the town's wealthy supporter Hiram Kiefer. Ivy has to find a job and a place to live since she doesn't have the money to buy a new engine for her RV. This leads her to become involved with the citizen ...more
Heidi R.
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really hope there will be another book in this series. It's not a "real" cliffhanger at the end, but there could be MORE to come... I recommended this series to my mom, because she will truly enjoy it (as in...it's a very nicey nice series ;o) )
Janet
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of laughs with Ivy

Just couldn't wait for the next book in the series. Just a light hearted make you laugh mystery. Keep them coming!!!
Kendall L. Mann
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Murder, arson, two-timers and some romance.

Entertaining tale of a philandering codger, abusive husband, and murder and intrigue. I just can't see anyone with half a brain waiting to go to the police when they have proof of a murder suspect. Endangering lives to keep from ruining a small town production is just too irresponsible.
Debra
Jul 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this Series! Ivy is a character you'd want to know. (I'm rooting for her and Mac) She's kind, considerate, and she reminds us not to be judgemental. The characters get a little preachy at times, but these also can serve as a good reminder. The author keeps us guessing up to nearly the end, so you're not bored knowing "whodunit" half way through.
Meagan
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this installment of the Ivy Malone mysteries! Steady pacing, good character development, and an intriguing mystery all paired together for a fun read (that at times kept me up at night - not just to find out what happened next, but because it gave me the shivers!). A sure success!
Nancyinbelize
Jun 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Fun! Typically it was a slow wade into the first half of the book but at the 50% mark it got interesting.
Diane
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fun, light mystery.
Doranne Long
Feb 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Now Ivy has landed in Hello, Colorado, and is dealing with a murder in a mansion. I was intrigued through the entire book; Lorena McCourtney has left me "thinking," and wanting more.
Rachel Lubow
Oct 28, 2014 rated it it was ok
This final Ivy Malone mystery continues the series' trademark humor and suspense. The ending--pleasantly--was not too tidy. I also appreciated that Ivy strongly commends churches that focus on Christ.

This book's plot resembled On the Run's plot, making it a bit predictable. The plot also seemed too dramatic, and more cliches--both Christian and general--were present in this book than in the first three of the series.

Regrettably, three brief comments about beauty were inappropriate for a Christi
Becky
Aug 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
”Stranded” is the fourth book I have read in the Ivy Malone Mysteries written by Lorena McCourtney. Ivy is a senior citizen who, in her recent history, has found herself in a number of sticky situations. Situations so “sticky” that she has hit the road to avoid trouble. During her travels she has befriended a young woman who is also running from problems, so she joins Ivy “on the road”. While driving through the countryside, RV problems develop that causes them to take refuge in a small town.

Th
Christy
Nov 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another cute read in the Ivy Malone mystery series, Stranded takes us to the tiny town of Hello where local residents are blaming the murder of a prominent townsman on his niece. Of course she is one of the first people Ivy meets, and in true Ivy character, she gets involved in solving this murder.

Abilene is still with Ivy in this book as is Koop, the anti-smoking cat. Ivy and Abilene become stranded in Hello when their motor home breaks down and an engine is beyond their meager means. They set
Trudy E
Aug 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
The stories get better and better. Ivy, on the run with Abilene and a one-eyed cat named Koop, experiences mechanical trouble with the motor home. Without enough funds to cover the cost of repairs, they are offered refuge in the home of a murder victim for the duration of their stay. Both quickly find employment and Ivy's curiosity gene makes her more determined than ever to find clues to the unsolved murder. Former neighbors and long-time friends come by for a visit and though it appears at thi ...more
Lyz
May 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
So, so cute! I am very sorry that this is the last book in the series so far. I just love Ivy Malone and Abigail is a jewel. I would love a second book detailing another Ivy/Abigail adventure. Ivy Malone has the wisdom and experience that comes with being a LOL, but Abigail has the opportunity for so many new experiences....salvation being one...and others that I won't mention b/c they would be spoilers, that with Ivy as mentor and catalyst for adventure, there is surely material for 1 or 2 more ...more
Peggy
Oct 14, 2015 rated it liked it
This is a cozy mystery with a self proclaimed LOL (Little Old Lady) as the amateur sleuth. Ivy Malone is traveling across the country in an old RV. But she is not traveling for pleasure. After fingering a murderer several books ago, Ivy is trying to hide from the family of the murderer. She has picked up a young woman companion along the way. The young,woman is trying to hide from her abusive husband. In this book the RV breaks down in Hello, Colorado. The woman are stranded and, of course, Ivy ...more
Paula
Nov 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy these cozies, McCourtney does a good job of keeping Ivy interesting.

Ivy and Abilene get stranded outside of Hello, Colorado when the RV breaks down. It will take a new motor to get them going again but it's so expensive that Ive and Abilene both decide to settle in and get jobs until they can afford it.

Kelli a lawyer offers them her Uncle's house to stay for free. He was recently murdered there and Kelli is the prime suspect because she had the most to gain. Ivy decides to take he
Jun 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Warning: this review is ever-so-slightly spoilerish. ;P

Oh, how our LOL Ivy does find the mischief and grace of God in practically the same breath. This book is like the others in the series. best part being with Mac comes back for a little reconciliation. But, to leave us without a "happily ever after"?! I may not forgive the author. Unless, she chooses to write another Ivy Malone mystery. ;D

(Seriously, I've already picked up another one of her books about a younger mystery solver, so not too m
Karri
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
A great wrap up to the Ivy Malone series. Super sleuth LOL ( little old lady) extraordinaire. I loved the whole series of this little old lady who feels invisible but seems to always get herself into adventure after adventure of solving mysteries and murders. Finding friends and spreading Gods love along the way. In this one she and her new friend Abilene find a new murder mystery, new friends, freedom and find they can stop running from the Braxton's and Abilene's Ex. It's a new life and new be ...more
Beverly Warembourg
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I'm sad to say that this is the 4th and final book in the Ivy Malone Mystery series or is it?? Okay, that is just my wishful thinking talking. By far this was the best of the 4 books, definitely kept making me changing my theory as to "who dun it?"

I'm going to miss this NLOL(nosey little old lady) and the humor that she brought me. Definitely some chuckle worthy moments, but I still have to ask....just how old is Ivy??

Leah
Feb 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I think this was my favourite book of the series so far!! My only disappointment was with the ending, it felt very abrupt and some loose ends were not really tied up. Did Mac and Ivy decide to stay in Hello????? And I wish we could have seen more of Abilene and Dr. Sugarman's romance! I also felt that Abilene and Mac still had not really become Christians. That would have been a nice end to the series.

Edit : This is not the last book!! Can't wait to go read the next one.
Cassie
Mar 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Ivy Malone is no detective, but what she is is one NLOL, nosy little old lady who is going to figure out who murdered the rich uncle. Her senses are telling her that it isn't the one person the whole town thinks did it. Should I be surprised by now that this lady has come across another murder in another town? She gets herself into some tight spots!
Sad to see Ivy Malone retire, I'd like to see another one just to see what would happen with her love life.
Rayni
Jun 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I was able to read this a little slower than the other 3 books. I inhaled the first 3 books, but I read this slower & enjoyed it. Of course, the ending came out of left field - again. I thought I had it figured out this time, but ... no such luck. I wish there were more books in this series. I L<3VE Ivy.
Vivie Moraiti
Nov 09, 2011 rated it liked it
It was a very interesting book..

The plot was very nice - and it had added an extra mystery...still , it could have ended with just not a cliffhanger since it was the last book.I, for once , I would have to know if the Braxtons had found her..And some other details..

Still it was a fun read , and it had me laughing quite a few times.
ChrisGA
May 19, 2013 rated it liked it
the fourth book in the series of adventures of LOL( little old lady) Ivy and her sidekick from the third book, Abilene. Lots of action and plot twists. Abilene’s problems are resolved by the end of the book, and there is some closure about Ivy’s situation, but the ending, though happy, left a few things hanging. Still fun Christian mystery.
Alcornell
Aug 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Cute series, fun, light reading. Ivy Malone is a likable older woman, a character who makes the best of a
Less than perfect life. Without lecturing. She gets credit for that at least, and more when you figure she makes it thru one scrape after another without losing heart. In that way she is readable, uplifting, entertaining.
Janice Dick
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery, digital, fiction
Loved this fourth book in the Ivy Malone cozy mystery series. More fun and excitement, new developments in the series arc. Read it in digital form; paper version not currently available. Only problem is this is apparently the last book in the series. I think there's opportunity for more Ivy Malone books.
Jean
Jun 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Fourth in the series of Ivy Malone. I just really like the characters and find myself thinking about them after I've finished the book. I am sad there are not more Ivy Malone books to read. The books are well edited, no flaws in the research. The mysteries are not easy to figure out, at least for me.... Although this time I actually almost got it! Hoping for more in this series!
Jenny Karraker
Jul 17, 2012 rated it liked it
The plots in these books are ridiculous and far- fetched, but the characters are so likable I continue to read them. Again, a good beach novel when you want to escape and get away from the real world. I picked this up from the library without reading the second and third in the series, so it was a bit jumbled up.
Linda
May 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I'm thinking Ms. McCourtney should write a fifth book in this series (either "Staying Put" or "Standing Firm") to tie up the Mac and Braxton storylines. It would be a fitting conclusion to a marvelous series and an unforgettable heroine.
  • Lie Down in Green Pastures (The Psalm 23 Mysteries, #3)
  • Elementary, My Dear Watkins (Smart Chick Mysteries #3)
  • Suspicious Minds (Squeaky Clean Mystery, #2)
  • Staying Home is a Killer (A Mom Zone Mystery, #2)
  • Missing Mabel
  • Greater Love (Tides of Truth, #3)
  • Nick of Time (Bug Man Series #6)
  • Try Fear (Ty Buchanan)
  • Amber Morn (Kanner Lake Series, #4)
  • As Good as Dead
  • The Potluck Club Troubles Brewing (The Potluck Club #2)
  • The Splitting Storm (The Storm Series #2)
  • Lethal Remedy (Prescription for Trouble, #4)
  • Buyer's Remorse (Mitzy Neuhaus Mystery #3)

Ivy Malone Mysteries (5 books)
  • Invisible (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #1)
  • In Plain Sight (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #2)
  • On the Run (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #3)
  • Go, Ivy, Go! (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #5)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• The Last Passenger
  • The Thief
  • From the Cradle
  • Intrusion
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Two to Die For (Lucy Kincaid, #12.5; Max Revere, #3.5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To the Grave (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery Book #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • If Tomorrow Comes
    $12.74 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Clockwork Scarab (Stoker & Holmes, #1)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Into the Darkest Corner
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Dragon's Triangle (The Shipwreck Adventures #2)
  • The End of Temperance Dare
  • Skewed
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unintended Consequences (Innocent Prisoners Project #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Girl Number One
  • No Time To Blink
  • What You Wish For
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Detachment (John Rain, #7)
  • Don't Get Caught
  • Disappearance at Devil's Rock
    $9.74 $1.99
  • The Boy Who Stole from the Dead (Nadia Tesla, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Kindred (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery, #5)
  • Local Girl Missing
  • Finding Jake
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Violent Crimes (Amanda Jaffe, #5)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Temporary Agent (The Agent #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Punishment (Detective Barnes, #1)
  • Terminal Rage
    $9.99 $3.99
  • A Lonely Resurrection (John Rain #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Killer Ascendant (John Rain #6)
  • A Deadly Game: The Untold Story of the Scott Peterson Investigation
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Sunday Silence (Frieda Klein, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Last Queen of England (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery Book #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Graveyard of Memories (John Rain, #8)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • Before You Leap
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Strike (Dewey Andreas, #6)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman (The Forgotten Files #3)
  • An Invisible Client
  • The Eight
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sin and Swoon (Blood and Bone, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Shark (Forgotten Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Stay Dead (Elise Sandburg #2)
  • The Company of Demons
    $7.99 $0.99
  • The Fifth Letter
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sacred and Profane (Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus, #2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Altar Girl (Nadia Tesla #0.5)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Redemption Games (John Rain #4)
  • Tips for Living
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Boy from Reactor 4 (Nadia Tesla, #1)
  • Carthage
    $8.49 $2.99
  • The Lost Empress (Genealogical Crime Mystery, #4)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Hounded (An Andy Carpenter Novel)
  • Girls on Fire
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Back Road
  • The Other Widow
    $9.24 $1.99
  • Suckers (Jack Daniels and Associates)
  • No Time for Goodbye
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Edinburgh Twilight (Ian Hamilton Mysteries #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Extremis (John Rain, #5)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood and Bone (Blood and Bone, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Chopping Spree (A Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery, #11)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Not by Sight (Ozark Mountain Trilogy #1)
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Winner Take All (John Rain #3)
  • Twist of Faith
  • The Truth Beneath the Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Night Villa
    $13.99 $1.99
  • A Clean Kill in Tokyo (John Rain #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Circle of Bones (The Shipwreck Adventures, #1)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • Color Me Murder (Pen & Ink)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fight Dirty (Renegade Justice, #1)
  • Bringing Adam Home: The Abduction That Changed America
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Professor (McMurtrie and Drake Legal Thrillers, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Murder of Mary Russell (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes, #14)
    $11.99 $1.99