Start by marking “Zack and Ace (Circe's Recruits #2)” as Want to Read:
Zack and Ace (Circe's Recruits #2)

Zack and Ace

(Circe's Recruits #2)

In the three years since Project Dawn disbanded, Zack and Ace continue to fight the good fight. Now civilians, their squad-Circe's Recruits-works for a private organization bent on cleaning up the mess left in its wake. Pearson Labs continues to create Circs, people who have been genetically changed. When needed, these Circs take on an altered form neither man nor animal, ...more
Published January 13th 2009 by Loose Id

Start your review of Zack and Ace (Circe's Recruits #2)
Vivian
It was okay, and honestly if it didn't try so hard with the cheesy humor and ridiculous stereotype jokes I would have rated it 3 stars, but couldn't as it was. Nice triangle action with Zack, Ace, and Kelly's mating heat.

ElaineY
Jan 17, 2009 rated it liked it
This was more a 3.5, almost 4 but not quite probably because of the length. A longer book would have allowed better character development for Zack and Ace and their relationship. As it is, when the book begins, the two genetically-enhanced super soldiers have already been doing each other - out of necessity. the usual excuse is used - they are a group of male super soldiers and there were no females so when they're in their mating frenzy, they are forced to turn to each other.

That wa
Bamidele Adeola Olamide
Was a very lovely and fun read
Malinda
3.5-4 stars

This was a pretty good story. I liked the characters and enjoyed the story. I didn't read the first book in the series, this is the first book in the series that I've read. Since each story is based around a different couple, I didn't feel that it was an issue when reading this book.

Kelly is an assistant to Doc (the human that helps Circe’s Recruits). Her mother was a doctor that worked for the labs that created the Circs. She's known Doc since she was a child and he's he
Joie
Jul 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Okay here is the thing about these books. The concept of the series in my opinion is a great idea. I can see these books being so much more then what they are. Now with that said, the book was still pretty good. I liked Zack and Ace in the first book so it was nice to get to know them better. There were aspects in their relationship that made me uncomfortable to be honest for example Zack always had feelings for Ace but the only time he could be with him in the past was when his beast forced Ace ...more
April Symes
Aug 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was such a good book. You have two men who are in love with the same woman. The plot line is great and is such a wonderful read , that the book is over so fast. I was so engrossed in this book that I was sad when it was over.

Zack and Ace continue to fight the good fight.Zack and Ace have been moving around their "just friends" relationship for a number of years. Being Circ means unavoidable sexual relations when the mating heat strikes, and it's putting a strain on their friends
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The second in the Circe books was tasty. I liked Zack and Ace's struggle to accept their relationship as two guys together. Adding the third, Kelly, was pretty hot. I'm still not sure I can imagine what these guys look like when they change. I was thinking a tall sleek predator like animal. Now I'm thinking of the Hulk, stocky and big. I'm all confused with the description. Still, I'm not too interested in how they look. I'm actually interested in who is this mysterious person pulling the string ...more
Michele ~ la Smoocherina
I liked this book. I found it to be a little less than the first. It was very interesting how the two men in the threesome see thier beast and the man as two different people. "my beast needs this." " the man in me needs this.". I think they could have done more with the threesome, but there are two books after.
Toya
Sep 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the eroticism of the book, but that was about it. The author jumped around so much I couldn't tell which character was doing or saying what sometimes. The action scenes could have been a lot better, more developed, and even though this is fictional-fantasy it could have been more believable... for guys that are supposed to be military-trained they make a lot of amateur mistakes. It ended way too abruptly as well.
Olivia
This book was hot. Seriously hot. And relatively short. I liked Kelly, and I liked Ace and Zack. Especially once Ace got his head out of his ass. I would recommend. <3

An orgasm -- for all that ails you.
-Kelly's thoughts

Zack stood, and Ace pulled him back to the bed. Zack landed with an oomph. “Sorry.” Ace tried to be gentle as he pushed Zack to lie straight, the way he’d suggested. “What the fuck?” Zack’s voice was muffled by the pillow Ace shoved under his face. “Ju
L M
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read in order to get the most from this series.
I have just reread this series CIRCE’S RECRUITS and the follow on series DAWN ENDEAVOUR for the third time. Always enjoyable to read.
If you want something that is a bit different, not quite shifter and not quite alien, along the lines of government science genetically altering people gone wrong, playing god, then this might just be for you.
Circes Recruits – Soldiers turned into something more. They fight against the ones who could
Julie
I’ve been in a mood to read or listen to MMF stories since I am currently trying to put an original one of them in order for myself. I had gotten this one a few weeks ago when it was offered for free, so I thought I’d give it a shot.

I often check others’ reviews (books, movies, various products) to gauge how those opinions compare to my own. With this book, I read a lot of glowing 5 star reviews, but this book is merely okay for me.

This is novella length, and by nature of
Jill
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars for book two in the Circe's Recruits series features Zack & Ace who have been friends for years but fought against any other feelings until the right women brings them together. Zack and Ace have always turned to each other to sate their needs when the mating heat would strike but never outside the frenzy. The friends have been strained recently fighting feelings they don't want to have for each other and now that Kelly is available in all ways both human and Circ maybe they can ad ...more
Chera
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Zack and Ace have been friends since they were chosen for Project Dawn. They have survived the failure of the drug to turn ordinary men into super soldiers and have followed Roane as team members in search of rouge Circs. But when the mating heat hits, they are drawn to one another more than when the heat is dormant. Ace has a lot of hang ups when it comes to his attraction to Zack. Zack freely admits he is bisexual and that his interests lie with Ace.

Kelly has worked for Doc for yea
L-D
Jan 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
In this book, Circe's Recruits are back. Zack and Ace, two best friends on the team have a rather close relationship. Zack has been attracted to his friend, and the Circ mating heat has enabled them to be together. Zack doesn't know if Ace is forced to be physical due to the mating heat or not. On top of that, Kelly, a woman they are both in love with, is also attracted to both men.

I liked the relationship between Zack and Ace and it felt a little more developed than the first book b
Kelly
Jul 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2010
I loved Zack and Ace in the first book. I loved how they were always sniping at each other and how protective they were of Kelly. Of all the men, Ace seemed to have the hardest time accepting that he craved another man's touch. When it was only his beast trying to get some action, he could handle it but when he started wanting him as a man, he freaked a bit. That gave him so many more layers for me. Zack broke my heart when he so easily accepted that he and Ace had something but at the same time ...more
Timmysparks
Apr 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was great! I loved the dynamic of Zack, Ace and Kelly's relationship. Ace had to finally deal with his feeling for Zack after fighting it for years. Zack had been patient with Ace but Kelly maturing into a Circ spiced things up for all of them. The way Pearson Labs experiments on people is just so inhumane. From the previous book I thought Sabrina was a hardhearted person but then she sacrificed herself to save Kelly from become another on of Pearl's test subjects. That was so selfless ...more
Deandri Meiring
Oct 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Ok I'm definitely not into man on man stories/scenes. The storyline intrigued me so forward I go through this series. This book had a bit too much man on man for my liking but was a really okay read. Just felt that the majority of the story concentrated too much on the guys, instead of the "mates" as a whole. Although I wouldn't mind meeting Zach!! Phew, now thats a guy in tough with his feelings.

Hopefully next book is a little more on the storyline as a whole than on the sex/relatio
T.
Nov 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I downloaded Zack and Ace as a free book from Amazon. A surprisingly engaging story. I've only read one other book by this very prolific writer, and I enjoyed the read so I bumped this one to the top of my TBR. Really nice character development, especially between mates Zach and Ace, who have some issues to work out before settling into a comfortable threesome with their shared mate, Kelly. Excellent story arc and although I came into this series at book two, I don't feel adrift with the clear-u ...more
Carolyn F.
Mar 19, 2012 rated it liked it
I liked this slightly better than the first book. Zack and Ace have paired up through the mating heat, going off by themselves. Zack because he's attracted to Ace in and out of beast form, but Ace isn't comfortable with wanting sex with a guy. Both guys have been attracted to Kelly, who finds out her mother had been injected with the beast virus or whatever it is and she's close to turning. The guys have to come to terms with their feelings for each other as well as Kelly while fighting off the ...more
Deborah Zuesli
Dec 25, 2012 rated it liked it
Okay, I have read many shifter stories and they all have a similar theme. The animal persona is strong and the main character has to fight and dominate in order to be in control. Who doesn't find that sexy. These characters also happen to be in the military and love rules, and what disrupts that order then a little Menage play.
Summer
Nov 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing

******
If you liked this book you may enjoy the following groups:
Erotic Enchants Group
Menage Readers Group
Sassafrass
This was super steamy. Zack and Ace were very yummy! I could take or leave Kelly, but that didn't detract from the story.

I love this story line and I can't wait to see what's going to happen next.
Lea Blottiaux
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another Good Read

Zack and Ace had a little more action than Roane but they were equally as good. I enjoyed reading this book. There were some good surprises happening. This was another good read.
Eniko
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hawt

Hawt, sexy, suspenseful story with 2 hunks and their mate. A few surprises made the story even more enjoyable. A mad scientist and his rogues adding to the suspense. A good example why I am a big fan of Ms. Harte's books.
Mitabird
Jun 06, 2011 rated it liked it

I really liked the romance between Zack and Ace. While I thought there was attraction between them and Kelly, the affection Zack and Ace felt for each other seemed more real. I like the plot involving the PPA as well. They're pretty evil and I hope they get what's coming to them soon.
Julianna
This was one of my favorites of the series. The interactions between the two males where touching as well as how they interacted with the heroine. The storyline from the previous book is carried out really well and i like that you read about all the characters from the previous books in this one.
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, erotica
The story continues with Zack and Ace still struggling with acceptance of their relationship. There are hot scenes, kidnapping, more hot scenes, etc. I enjoyed this book a bit more than the last one and am looking forward to the next one.
Tana
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
In this one your getting more into the why things happen. and how they have happened. I'm guessing from what I've read so far you have to read the whole series to find out why everything happens the way it does. so I'm looking forward to the next couple of books.
Suburbancowgirl
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
The second installment was definitely much better written than the first. I really enjoyed this one and am becoming attached to the characters the more I read.

• Rule of Three (Rule of Three, #1)
  • Becoming Three (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #6)
  • Something New (Foster Siblings, #2)
  • Hotter Than Ever (Out of Uniform, #9)
  • Double Down (The Drift, #1)
  • Theirs to Pleasure (The Marriage Raffle #2)
  • Their Bride (The Marriage Raffle #3)
  • Kate's Crew (Powertools, #1)
  • Blind Fall (Stolen by an Alien, #3.5)
  • The (Alien) Nanny for Christmas (Stolen by an Alien #5)
  • The Melier: Home World (Women of Dor Nye, #2)
  • Craved by an Alien (Stolen by an Alien, #4)
  • Embattled Ever After (Lost and Found #5)
  • Chasing Mayhem (Cyborg Sizzle #5)
  • Demon Moon (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #1)
  • ReneCade (Hawkins Brothers/Quinten, Montana, #3)
  • Seeking Vector (Cyborg Sizzle #8)
  • Ghost of a Machine (Cyborg Sizzle #7)
Caffeine addict, boy referee, and romance aficionado, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Marie Harte has over 100 books published with more constantly on the way. She’s a confessed bibliophile and devotee of action movies. Whether hiking in Central Oregon, biking around town, or hanging at the local tea shop, she’s constantly plotting to give everyone a happily ever after. Visit http://marieharte.com and ...more

Circe's Recruits (4 books)
  • Roane (Circe's Recruits, #1)
  • Derrick (Circe's Recruits, #3)
  • Hale (Circe's Recruits, #4)
What the hell is he? Ace dodged another swing and countered by kicking his opponent in the chest hard enough that he snapped a rib bone. The rogue didn’t flinch. Studying the male, Ace had no idea what to make of him. Derrick, one of his team members, was African American. When changed, his skin took on a darker brown than his original shade. Ace had Native American ancestry, and when changed, looked more copper than brown. This creature… What the hell turned black?

-Ace's thoughts”
0 likes
“An orgasm -- for all that ails you.

-Kelly's thoughts”