Start by marking “X-Factor, Vol. 5: The Only Game In Town” as Want to Read:
X-Factor, Vol. 5: The Only Game In Town

X-Factor, Vol. 5: The Only Game In Town (X-Factor, Volume III #5)

3.91  ·  Rating details ·  430 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
X-Factor Investigations is in shambles. Jamie is a basketcase from his trip to a nightmarish future, Layla's fate is completely in the air, and Wolfsbane has to leave the team to join X-Force, though none of her friends can know about it. What will Wolfsbane tell the X-Factor team?
Published December 31st 2008 by Marvel (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about X-Factor, Vol. 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Factor, Vol. 5

Jen
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like this series, although I am a little irritated with some of the egotistical personalities (or maybe petty is what I am trying to say).
Feather Mista
Nov 03, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los mismos
Recommended to Feather by: Autor y serie
Lo tengo en la edición de Panini (#s 25 al 28) desde hace rato, pero recién me lo leí cuando me prestaron Complejo de Mesías. Como sea, me pone contento tener otro tomo de X-Factor sumando revistitas. La saga me gustó bastante pero Arcade, el gran villano, me parece insoportable, así que lo uso como excusa para poner el tomo un poco por debajo de otros de la serie. Como también me leí el one-shot de Layla Miller (#29 español) que me gustó mucho, podría haberlo promediado para arriba. Pero como v ...more
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Still a great series. Hoping to be able to find the next volume somewhere.
Silas
Dec 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This volume continues to intrigue, as some rather bold steps are taken after the events of Messiah Complex. A lot has changed, and the team is falling apart until they come together to confront a tremendous threat that takes them in a new direction, though with some changes in the roster. A very good read that has me wondering why I take so long between volumes of X-Factor.
Jedhua
Sep 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
{3+/5 stars}
Arthur
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
barely a 3
Christina Nightengale
Another good volume of X-Factor! I felt like Rictor got some good character development moments. I like how the story shows his character struggle with his power loss and grow because of it. I appreciate how he is also often the voice for the former mutants that have lost their powers as well. Monet and Strong guy offer some much needed comic relief in a rather serious story of what is happening to Mutant Town and how dangerous it is for the Mutants and former Mutants there. The art fits well wi ...more
J.
Jan 02, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
This has a lot of really nice moments in it--comedy, tragedy, angst, bitchiness. The pacing is a little weird, because the beginning is really just the aftermath of the previous volume, then the middle ramps up quite a bit, but it's over sort of suddenly. Then there's a tacked-on one-shot about Quicksilver. But let's be honest: we're not really reading this series for the plotting (which is a little sporadic: brilliant one moment, weak the next), but for the character moments. So on that front, ...more
Rachael
Jan 29, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, 2011
I'm sick in bed so I'm powering through these books. Peter David does a great job of following up on the stuff that went down during the X-Men crossover Messiah complex, including having the characters think and talk about the plots that aren't yet resolved and moving along some plots we've been waiting for. Classic snappy dialogue. Could have used more Layla Miller (yes, she's creepy, but interesting stuff happens when she's around).
Lydia
Mar 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love X-Factor as a series. I mean, X-men plus noir, yes! This book definitely seems to be a weak point in the story though. It felt like not much is going on. There's no character development, and a weird antagonist. Arcade, again? Really. Bluh. Where's my Layla and my Rahne! I'm really going to miss her character in these stories. Boo. I'm giving it three stars instead of two because hopefully it'll pick back up next series.
Matthew Ledrew
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-men
Peter David is becoming a major inspiration to me. He seems to have the ability to take any situation or status quo change that editorial shoves at him and incorporate it into the story HE wanted to tell better than the writers who were no doubt behind the change to begin with. This book is the shining example of everything that is right with X-Men comics.
Labyrinth
Features Arcade, a villain I find to be fun actually. It's natural to have a negative reaction to this book, I think, because X-Factor is topsy turvy. Layla is gone. Rahne is leaving. There is effectively no more Mutant Town. The only bright moment is Siren's news. The books is in transition, and transitions tend to feel awkward.
Todd
Pietro gets his powers back, without real explanation. The story is still good despite the lack of real reason.

X-Factor learns the problem with being a public target. They get back to being a place for people with unusual problems. This is another great volume in David's long run.
Matt
Oct 21, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-factor
Probably my least favorite X-Factot story, mostly because I usually have problems with stories of groups disintegrating until they face something that's too big for them on their own. It always strikes me as a little tone-deaf.
Lord
Aug 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, marvel
Arcade? Really? I take it as a 80th X-Men tribute and I for sure don't considering one of the more interesting chapters in X-Factor history. But then Peter David is still a good writer and X-Factor is still better tan the main X-Men series.
Jacobi
Jan 20, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: trades-read
I would give this 2.5 stars, but I'll settle on 3 because I liked this more than I didn't.
Angela
May 01, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is worth it for th Quicksilver story. The rest is an interesting look at how a team survives that has X in the title when the xmen are no more.
Thomas
Dec 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story was a transition, but was at least freed from the burden of other stuff in the universe. Enjoyed it.
Sharon
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Jdetrick
I'm not sure if its the fault of the book that this collection seems to ramble a little and is unfocused. It seems that the title became the victim of those cursed crossovers.
Shannon Appelcline
Great characters & a story that continues to be good.
Zoe
Sagi
Sep 10, 2011
  • X-Men: Second Coming Revelations
  • Young Avengers
  • X-Posed (New X-Men: Academy X #3)
  • New X-Men: Childhood's End, Volume 4: Mercury Falling
  • X-Men: S.W.O.R.D.: No Time to Breathe
  • Guardians of the Galaxy/All-New X-Men: The Trial of Jean Grey
  • New Mutants Classic, Vol. 3
aka David Peters

Peter Allen David (often abbreviated PAD) is an American writer, best known for his work in comic books and Star Trek novels. David often jokingly describes his occupation as "Writer of Stuff". David is noted for his prolific writing, characterized by its mingling of real world issues with humor and references to popular culture. He also uses metafiction frequently, usually to hum
More about Peter David...

X-Factor, Volume III (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • X-Factor, Vol. 0: Madrox - Multiple Choice