Start by marking “11,002 Things to Be Miserable About: The Satirical Not-So-Happy Book” as Want to Read:
11,002 Things to Be Miserable About: The Satirical Not-So-Happy Book

11,002 Things to Be Miserable About: The Satirical Not-So-Happy Book

11,002 Things to Be Miserable About is a list of all the reasons NOT to wake up in the morning. Ironically enough, when you put all of them under one cover, it’s actually very funny. This decidedly absurd inventory of misery is perfect for sardonic and disaffected youth, for people seeking gifts for Traumatic Event Birthdays (like 21, 25, 30, 40, and, well, anything after 40),About ...more
Published February 1st 2009 by Harry N. Abrams

To ask other readers questions about 11,002 Things to Be Miserable About, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 11,002 Things to Be Miserable About

TempestSkies
Nov 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I saw this book on a discount rack at a bookstore. Amused by the title, I decided to buy it and read through it. I had no idea that this book would turn out to be by far one of the funniest, yet, most depressing books I would ever read... and read aloud to my friends!
I've had people lining up left and right to borrow this... I had to make a list!
If you need a good laugh, you should really read this book!
Glitterbomb
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Leave this on your coffee table,it's sure to spark some interesting (and hilarious) conversation!

RTC!

When I first saw the title:

When I read the first pages:

As I kept reading I had mixed feelings

description

When I saw sentences as "pregnancy" and "Taking care of your parents"

I got bored

But I had to finish it

Finally finished

Not recommended !!!

Ned
May 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Shelves: 2014
You would not believe some of things that are in this book! From "All the books you will never read before you die" to "dead babies" and "explosive diarrhea"! The amount of things to be miserable or sad about are countless. What I love about this book is its verity and how some-what informative it is. It can also be thought provoking at times, but all in all it's difeneitly hilarious. Here's one of my favorite pages of the book!

Cole
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Awesome book, kind of depressing at times but really funny and random with a lot of the information in it. I like how theres no particular categories just goes from simple things like hang nails to raptors. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants a good laugh.
Katie Mau
Aug 17, 2010 rated it did not like it
Terrible.
Jamie
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
Too many things repeated in the list. So it's probably more like 10,457 Things to be Miserable About.
Tiffany Luu
Sep 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I think this book was very amusing. The "happy" book made me smile, but this made me laugh hysterically.
Emily Gonzalez Aguilar
Nov 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Four stars only cause it made me so miserable to realize how upset I get over such silly things :(
Cheryl
Feb 01, 2009 rated it did not like it
Or, an unordered list of unnumbered pages of things that can be annoying, upsetting, and/or maddening to some people going through life. What would you like to lament over today? While comprehensive, overall too relative, too pick-and-choose-your-misery-at-random for my tastes - "people who wear black" would never be on my list. But I can see the appeal on this.
David
Jul 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: humor
Some duplication of entries, but otherwise a humorous look at what should depress us
Chloe Collins
Jun 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Hilarious
Emily
Aug 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious. I read it any time I need a good laugh.
Lesli
Nov 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
There were some repeats it seemed, but was still enjoyable to go thru and gave me some laughs.
Sophy H
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was ok
This isn't so much a "book" per se, as a very long list of things that the authors find miserable stuck together on tiny little pages. Don't get me wrong, the list is funny (crusty eyes, dogs without necks, uninhabited mansions) but I was so disappointed when this tiny little book arrived! Its probably smaller in dimension than some people's mobile phones!!
A funny list, a good little money spinner for the Romeos but a total rip off as a book! Would rather have spent my dosh on a proper book! Ga
Samuel Spiegel
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is halrious. But also kinda true, all the things in this book are things that you need to worry about in almost everyday life. This book is must read if your looking for a good laugh, or if you want to know most of the deppressing this in life. Im reading the book before this one "14,000 Things to Be Happy About" so a review about that book will come soon.
Geoff Battle
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's a list.

A very long one.

However, through very thorough research and thoughtful ordering. we are presented with a thought-provoking, insightful and laugh-out-loud book. An ideal gift, a potential prized piece of lavatory literature or perhaps just a quick pick-me-up handbook (in both senses). Enjoyable and silly.
Sarah {Literary Meanderings}

Disclaimer: You have to have a good sense of humor to enjoy this book. It is definitely not for the feint of heart.

But...this book is meant to be funny, and it certainly is!

Dominic
May 25, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: resource
Freaking funny.
Thalianorthside
Dec 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book is hilarious. I highly recommend it to everyone.
Billy Maise
May 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
HEE-LARIOUS! It was a fun book to read.
Amena Khan
Jan 23, 2012 marked it as to-read
I'm probably going to read this later, when I'm fantastically rich and happy and have no WAY of feeling miserable. ;)
Rachel
Mar 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humor-satire
Funniest book I've ever thumbed through!!!!!!!! Good for 11,002 laughs!
Jasmin
Jan 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lost-interest
I found this book fun to read and interesting at the begining, but as I went through the pages I started to lose my interest in it...
Cory
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• 1,033 Reasons to Smile
  • The Wish List
  • This is Not a Book
  • I Was Here: A Travel Journal for the Curious Minded (Travel Journal for Women and Men, Travel Journal for Kids, Travel Journal with Prompts)
  • Animal Ingredients A to Z
  • To-Do List: From Buying Milk to Finding a Soul Mate, What Our Lists Reveal About Us
  • I Lick My Cheese And Other Notes: From The Frontline Of Flatsharing
  • You've Had Your Time: Second Part of the Confessions
  • Merchants of Despair: Radical Environmentalists, Criminal Pseudo-Scientists, and the Fatal Cult of Antihumanism
  • Let's Make Some Great Art
  • The Ultimate Teen Book Guide
  • In Search of Islamic Feminism
  • Dear Asshole: 101 Tear-Out Letters to the Morons Who Muck Up Your Life
  • Listography Journal: Your Life in Lists
  • Signspotting: Absurd and Amusing Signs from Around the World
  • People of Walmart: Shop and Awe
  • Ask a Ninja Presents The Ninja Handbook: This Book Looks Forward to Killing You Soon
  • This Will Kill You: A Guide to the Ways in Which We Go
Lia Romeo is a novelist, playwright, and comic writer.