Start by marking “The Christmas Clock” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Clock

The Christmas Clock

Sylvia Winters just found a job and an apartment in her hometown of Dreyerville, Michigan, but she is hesitant to return. Eight years ago, she jilted her fiancé, Joe Dixon, telling him that she was moving to Chicago because small-town living was not for her. But she was lying. Syl was headed to Chicago to be treated for cervical cancer. Sadly, Joe never knew the real ...more
Published October 13th 2009 by Vanguard Press (first published September 23rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Clock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Clock

Start your review of The Christmas Clock
Belinda
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4,25 stars - English hardcover - Thanks May I did enjoy your Christmas gift from last year - ...more
Amanda
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I received this book as part of a Secret Santa gift exchange. The story was weak and predictable. I liked it well enough until about two-thirds of the way through when the relationship between Syl and Joe turned physical. What killed it for me was on page 114: "...she thought that God had given her an early present...". It bothers me to see God's name and character so falsely portrayed.

This wasn't the worst book I've ever read, but I won't read it again and I don't recommend it. I will be
Alicia Miller
Dec 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
This is a cute story, and may have you a bit teary eyed at times. It’s a short read, perfect for Christmas time. A bit predictable though, and not in the pat yourself on the back kind of way.
Corey Thibodeaux
I might be the only male to have read this book.

Let me be clear that I only did so because I am trying a new system: To broaden my horizons, I am reading random books off the library shelves. This book was a victim, but then so was I.

Let's play a game. I will set up the story and you tell me what happens: A man and woman, once engaged, get back together five years after the woman ran away with cervical cancer. She can't have any kids, but they want a big family. Meanwhile, a boy comes into their
Jeanette
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoyed reading this book.I like the characters and the story.
sandy forguson
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s a very good book and story reminds me of the Christmas shoes highly recommend ...more
Kathryn
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, 2017
Oh, a good ole Christmas story with a little boy wanting to buy the perfect present for his grandmother and a little romance weaved in. A sweet, sweet story.
Dara S.
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Touching, lovely Christmas story.
Joy
Nov 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
A story about going home and starting over and giving hope and love to someone in need. Even when you think you can not do it.
Katy M
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book wasn't bad, but it wasn't really a Christmas book. And it was kind of sad and depressing.
Gina (My Precious Blog)
Summary: Lottie Sparks is raising her eight year old grandson Teddy all by herself. He's such a sweet little boy. Its really not been too difficult for her, until she's diagnosed with a very aggressive form of Alzheimer's Disease. Lottie is painfully aware of her increasing forgetfulness, soon she will not be a reliable custodian for her grandson. With no mother, father or next of kin, what will become of Teddy as her disease progresses? Will he be forced into the foster care system or will ...more
Debbie
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick read, but a really good Christmas story. I must admit that I shed a few tears, but they were happy...not sad. Just a nice break for the season.
Ruby
Dec 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a sweet, touching Christmas-themed story. i was so afraid of a let-down ending....it was both happy and sad. nice job by Kat Martin.
Patti Lucas
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Christmas Clock is a novella by Kat Martin. It was a wonderful Christmas story about the true meaning of Christmas. The Christmas Clock is the story of the residents of Dreyerville. There is Lottie and Teddy Sparks, grandmother and grandson, whose lives are changing because of Lottie's Alzheimer's diagnosis. Teddy works at the local automotive repair center to earn money to purchase an clock from the window of the antique store that his Grandma been admiring. Doris and Floyd Culver who are ...more
Lisa Gibbs
Dec 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is told through Teddy Winters and a time in his life when he was thrown a huge curveball even though he was a bit too young to understand what was going on.

Sylvia Winters left the her hometown in Dreyerville, Michigan. She left behind a fiancee and a tidal wave of betrayal and emotion that Joe angry.

Joe went to prison for 3 years after a bar fight that ended in the death of a man. When Sylvia left saying that she didn't love him anymore it left him angry and he drank.

Sylvia returns
Tomi Alger
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This cozy romance has a couple of storylines that connect. Teddy lives with his Grandma, who has been diagnosed with Alzheimers. Sylvia comes back to her hometown and runs into her old boyfriend. Teddy wants to buy a clock for his grandma and starts working at the auto repair shop that Joe runs. Can Joe and Sylvia work out their differences? What will happen with Teddy as his grandma gets sicker? All these questions are answered. It was a pleasant read.
Elida Liederbach
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a story of hope and love at Christmas. Teddy tells the story of how his family was formed at 8 years old when his grandmother has Alzheimers. His days with her lead them to a shops at the bakery and also an antique shop where she sees a clock reminding her of her childhood. Teddy sets out to earn money to purchase it. In his desire to earn money he meets Joe, Syl, and several town people whose lives all change during the Christmas season of hope for new starts!
Aud
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“The Christmas Clock’ by Kat Martin
A poignant contemporary story of love and second chances. I have been meaning to read this story for 2-years… yes, it has been in my TBR stack since I downloaded 2-years ago via Kindle Unlimited. If you have not read this story which has happy parts and tear-jerking parts, too, then I suggest you find a copy and don’t wait as long as I did to take the time to read it.
It most definitely is worth the read. Happy Reading ! !
Diana
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Christmas Clock

This is a sweet story about a small and the people who live there. Sylvia has come back to town after being away for eight years during her fight with cancer. She had told her boyfriend Joe she didn't love and ran away to Chicago. Joe had ended up in prison because of his rage of losing Syl. Joe came back and made a future for himself.
An apology and some other circumstances may bring Joe and Syl back together.
A great Christmas story for all to enjoy.
Denise
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super fast read - the romance take on a much more adult content than most simple Christmas Romance books I have read. My favorite part was the young man with a great heart and drive despite what life had dealt him . No surprise or shock in what the story was about and how it ended but still enjoyable for a fast read.
Amanda Hagerty
Words can express how much I adored this book. My last read of 2019 and one I will hold and reread. It’s a short and beautifully written book. How lives in a small town come together. Second chances given. Highly recommend this book. I recommend go into this holiday book not knowing anything reading it.
Rhonda
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not her best but......

But... really showed how everyone has some sort of issue. How you handle it can define you who you are. Also showed how Alzheimers can affect the people around you
Kelly A.
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kat-martin
Found myself actually crying during parts of this book. Thank goodness for the ending. C'mon, it's Kat Martin, how do you expect it will end? Still a very good read. I think she writes how events affect people differently very well. Loved the characters and what life's challenges are found.
Frances Aoun
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was ok
Predictable. Not awful but that’s the best compliment I can give it. And I LOVE Christmas stories. The Christmas part of the story is tenuous at best. I feel cheated by this formulaic book. Won’t ever read another by this author. I don’t think this can be fixed.
Elizabeth Anderson
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Amanda
Dec 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Based on the cover description i thought this would be a nice story about a Christmas clock. In fact, it really is a sappy romance novel. It's not very Christmassy at all and very predictable.
Betty Maloney
Christmas gift from my daughter, great short story. Would like to read more Kat Martin books
Jenaya
Dec 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So heartbreaking and yet heartwarming. I felt so many emotions reading this book. It was amazing.
Michelle Snow
Quick read

I read it quickly, enjoyed the plot. Always knew the ending, pretty predictable. But still enjoyed it, glad it was not longer
Jennifer Olsen wagner
Fast little Christmas book...no big drama, a Hallmark movie book ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Right Beside You
  • The Christmas Candle
  • The Perfect Love Song: A Holiday Story
  • The Christmas Boutique (Elm Creek Quilts #21)
  • Wicked in Winter (The Wicked Winters Book 1)
  • Noel Street
  • Boss's Baby: A Fake Fiance Romance
  • Spirit of the Season
  • Country Strong (Painted Pony Creek #1)
  • The Christmas Shoppe
  • Christmas at Timberwoods
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • Let It Snow
  • SEALs of Shadow Force: Spy Division Box Set: Books 1 - 3
  • My Way to You (Creek Canyon, #1)
  • A Mrs. Miracle Christmas
  • Trick or Deadly Treat (Fresh-Baked Mystery, #9)
  • The New Husband
Kathleen Kelly Martin (aka Kathy Lawrence, Kasey Mars)

Kathleen Kelly was born on 14 July 1947 in the Central Valley of California, USA. She obtained a degree in Anthropology and also studied History at the University of California in Santa Barbara. She was a real estate broker, when she met her future husband, Larry Jay Martin. A short time after the two became acquainted, Larry asked her to read