Start by marking “Journey Through Fire (Sisters of the Sword, #3)” as Want to Read:
Journey Through Fire (Sisters of the Sword, #3)

Journey Through Fire (Sisters of the Sword #3)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  518 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Sometimes a samurai's most dangerous opponent is herself.

Ever since their father's murder, Kimi and Hana have honed their fighting skills and prepared for vengeance against their vicious uncle Hidehira. They have become true warriors with the hearts of samurai.

Now their fight has become more than just a personal vendetta. As Hidehira's quest for power continues, he is dest
Published June 9th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published June 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Journey Through Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey Through Fire

Marla
Jun 15, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: female fans of Young Samurai series
2 stars if last in the trilogy. 3.5 stars on its own merit. I thought this was the last book in a trilogy, but if it is, then I will have to drop the star rating, because the story is once again left in a cliffhanger. Quaint story about a Japanese family whose honorable father was killed by his scheming brother, Hidehira.

Likes:
* Kimi and Hana are reunited with their wise mother and young lord brother, Moriyasu
* Ending fight and twists were good, but the series just wasn't as good as the first bo
Kris
Mar 14, 2012 rated it liked it
How frustrating to have just finished the third book in this series and to be left hanging. I seriously need to find out what happens to the sisters of the sword. I hope the author gets busy and gives us more!
John
Jun 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Well, it was definitely a better one.

Kimi has to deal with her anger and quest for vengeance, which is making her hot headed and risking the goals of her family.
Jennifer Wardrip
Aug 26, 2009 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Candace Cunard for TeensReadToo.com

Twin sisters Hana and Kimi had their whole world shaken by the death of their father at the hands of their uncle in a bid to replace him as samurai lord. The only other members of their family to survive Uncle Hidehira's brutal massacre were their mother and youngest brother, with whom Hana and Kimi were finally reunited in CHASING THE SECRET, only to be separated from their friend, Tatsuya, one of the few people who knew that they had disguised the
Ceejay
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the third, and apparently final book in this series.It really isn't the end of the story, but no more books were written. It's a shame, but at least this final book doesn't leave the reader completely in the dark. These three books offer a great insight to Feudal Japan.There is a fantastic development of character offered.There are so many plot twists and unexpected turns that you just won't want to put the book down. Thanks to my public library, I just breezed through all three stories. ...more
Jess
Aug 07, 2009 rated it liked it
Lia
Jul 18, 2012 rated it liked it
I really liked how it dealt with the need to address feelings of revenge, but the book felt rushed and crammed and thrown together all at the same time. One thing that I appreciate about this series is that it shows how hard it can be to right wrongs. I felt worn out after this book, though. Not sure if I want to keep going. I assume the author will write another book since the story is far from finished, but right now, this is what there is.
Heather
A bit predictable, but still good. This book could really use an afterword for those who aren't completely familiar with Japanese culture for the time period. (ie: explanation of who the shogun is, what his relationship is to the Administrator, more about the Zen monks, even some descriptions of Japanese food words.) Without explanations, something is missing. Otherwise, though, it was a very enjoyable adventure.
Megha R.
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was actually the first book that I read in this series and I could not put this book down. The details were persistant, the characters were interesting, and the storyline was amazingly creative.You would get to a stopping point read the next sentence and not be able to stop. I wish I had read they other books first because I bet they would be just as amazing!
Renee
Jul 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This was another great book in the Sisters of the Sword series, and I found myself on the edge of my seat wanting to read and find out what would happen next! I still believe the first book is the best book, but this one truly surprised me at the end. Of all the Sisters of the Sword books, however, this one, to me, had the saddest ending.
Jade Liu
Aug 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Suspenseful yet simple, slightly predictable without giving too much away. For an early teen/young adult book, it is very well written, and I especially like how this book takes us back to the nobility and shows the true colors of courtly manipulation and disguise that is so prevalent throughout history.
Dayna Nas
Jul 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
The final book is called "The Sword Against The Sky", its written by Maya but under a different surname. Guys, the final book is BS, the ending was really, really terrible. Believe me, Kimi didn't get her happy ending like Hana and Tatsuya, even Daisuki had a bad ending. Its a brilliant book but believe you me I can't tell you how much I cried.
Denise
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
Like the first two in the series, a quick and entertaining read - but is it just me or are pretty much all the characters except the narrator rapidly becoming quite unlikable? Either way, I'm looking forward to the conclusion.
Aug 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
omg!!!!! IM PISSED!!!!!! THERES GONNA B ANOTHER BOOK!!!!!! ya theres a little spoiler right there that the whole story doesnt end with this book but really its a heads up. now i need to find out when the next book comes out!!!!! ugh god it leaves u hanging BIG TIME!!!
s o n n a
Sep 28, 2009 rated it liked it
This book was a great continuation of the series! Though I still love the first book the best; this one was pretty descriptive. The fighting and sweet martial arts skills continue when Kimi & Hana's family are reunited together...they are back, and more powerful then ever before.
Fatima
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was unbelievably amazing. As soon as it started reading it, I had to force myself to leave it when I had to go eat dinner. When I got back, with reading a few words I was sucked back in it because it was so good and written so good.
Kelley
Dec 02, 2009 rated it liked it
Enjoyable book in a series for later juvenile readers or early teens. Evokes the time and warrior code of the samurai, and features some violence as might be expected. Strong female protagonist faces challenges both external and internal.
Aeaa Al-dulaymi
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicole
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing and inspiring story. I loved it!
Elizabeth
May 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Action slows in this book and I was left wondering at the end if this was the end of the sequels. Some points could have been given greater closure.
Kaila
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Need the next book! Way good.
Grace Ba.
Shelves: w, translating-works
my translation*
Brittany
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great book to read, I really love this series, when is the fourth coming out its been 4 years already!
Happypenguinfriend
Very good very good very intense
PWRL
Dec 10, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new, 2013-new
E
SM
Tana Lovegood of Dumbledore's Army✞~ Rogers/America
Why did the series have to end! I would have given 5 out 5 but I was ever so disappointed in the ending.
Sarah Spence
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it
The ending to this book was like a cliffhanger that never got fixed. Otherwise, pretty good.
Deborah
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it
A good book with lots of action and freindship. I wish the next book would be publish already!
Fallon
Jul 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
It's really good
  • The Project
  • Eagle (Five Ancestors, #5)
  • Moonshadow: Rise of the Ninja (Moonshadow, #1)
  • The Prince of Neither Here Nor There
  • The Dragon's Child: A Story of Angel Island
  • Fearless
  • Royal Blood
  • S.O.S. (Titanic, #3)
  • The Hollow Tree
  • Indiana Jones and the Hollow Earth (Indiana Jones: Prequels, #11)
  • Prairie Courtship
  • The Ghost at Camp David (Capital Mysteries, #12)
  • Ms. Frizzle's Adventures: Imperial China
  • Flood and Fire (Raiders' Ransom, #2)
  • Sorcerer (Secrets of Droon Special Editions, #4)
  • Magic's Child (Magic or Madness, #3)
  • The Zombie Project
  • Louisa: The Life of Louisa May Alcott
Maya Snow once had an aikido teacher who told her that the best place for a tree to hide is in the forest. Maya decided that the best place for a writer to hide is among her own words. Maya Snow is the pseudonym of author, Helen Hart.
More about Maya Snow...

Sisters of the Sword (4 books)
  • Sisters of the Sword (Sisters of the Sword, #1)
  • Chasing the Secret (Sisters of the Sword, #2)
  • The Battle Dawns (Sisters of the Sword, #4)