Start by marking “SEALed with a Promise (SEALed, #2)” as Want to Read:
SEALed with a Promise (SEALed, #2)

SEALed with a Promise

(SEALed #2)

Even a hero can get hurt sometimes...

He'll do anything to move the mission forward, no matter the cost...

Mass Market Paperback, 375 pages
Published April 1st 2009 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about SEALed with a Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SEALed with a Promise

Julie (jjmachshev)
Jan 16, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2009-reads
I enjoyed Mary-Margret Daughtridge's first book, "SEALed with a Kiss" so much, I was really looking forward to "SEALed with a Promise" her second release from Sourcebooks Casablanca. Once I got it, I eagerly settled in for a readathon. The first part of the book was great. SEAL Caleb, 'Do Lord', and his team (which included the hero from the first book) are assigned to take out a terrorist threatening to kill a Congressman visiting one of the 'Stans. Turns out that the visiting Congressman is a ...more
Auntee
Jan 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of "SEALed With a Kiss", contemporary romance with a military twist fans
This book had an exciting beginning that certainly grabbed my attention. A team of SEALs are called on to guard visiting US politician Teague Calhoun in Kandahar from a potential assassination attempt. But the SEAL acting as a sniper and charged with taking out the assassin has thoughts of taking out the Senator himself--will he do it, or do his duty? And why would he want to kill this politician and throw his life away--what has this man done to him to make him feel this way?

"SEALed With a Prom
Cheryl
Apr 06, 2009 rated it it was ok
Navy SEAL Caleb "Do-Lord" Delaude grew up dirt poor. It was only him and his mother. His father left them. His fahter could have done something about their situation as he was wealthy but instead he never acknowledged them. Caleb decided to make something of his life and joined the Navy. He trained hard and became one of the best SEALs the Navy ever had. He vowed though to get his revenge aganist his father. No matter how long it took.

It is at Jax's wedding, where Caleb is best man that he meet
⚜️Trea
Oct 23, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: challenges-2014
I was on the fence with the first book of this series, rounding up to a 3 star rating, but this book was the final nail in the coffin for this series. The hero was so obsessed with revenge, that we didn't see him grow as a character until the end of the book. Emmie felt like a very flat heroine, and I couldn't bring myself to care about her. Overall, I was bored for most of the book and had to force myself through it.
Stephanie
Oct 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
Not really a romance IMHO! It was more a story of two people and their personal struggles, they just happen to hook up. Oh but it is very, very tame!!! I mean almost non-existent...
May Grider
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
As far as a book in the military romance genre goes, this series is definitely tilted toward romance. The military bits are well written and seem plausible to this civilian, but the strength of the story is the romance, and after that, the description of family dynamics.
The depiction of the Christmas family get-together at Aunt Lily Hale’s house was beautifully done and reminiscent of my own family.
I thought the story was moving and engaging. This author is a *writer*. I can’t believe she wrot
Ariza Zubia
Jul 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-shelf
I was initially against burning books until reading this trash. I have never wanted to burn a book faster. Yes, there was character development, and plenty of back story, laced with flashbacks. Maybe too many to the point of annoyingness. For the most part the main characters are smart of then they lose their brains whenever they're around each other.
Jill Dunlop
Feb 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Mary Margret Daughtridge has done it again with her second novel SEALed with a Promise. I read her debut novel SEALed with a Kiss last year after I won it from [a href="http://www.bookbinge.com"]Book Binge[/a:] and I fell in love with Jax and Pickett. Jax and Pickett are now getting married and Caleb "Do Lord" Delaude and Emmie Caddington are their best man and maid of honor respectively. After Caleb observes Jax and Pickett's happiness with each other can't help but feel a little jealousy ...more
Danielle
May 05, 2009 rated it liked it
I love a good “Men in Uniform” love story. Anything from firefighters to military men, but my favorite is definately Navy SEALs. I think what really draws me to them is their whole take charge, protective, and stubborn attitudes. Plus, I love the whole suspenseful plots in a lot of the stories I read.

At first I thought Caleb “Do-Lord” Delaude and Emmie Caddington were an odd match. Emmie was against everything Caleb is: a SEAL and Caleb thought Emmie was too “plain” for him and yet she intruged
Xenos
Aug 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Oh, where to begin...

Well, "SEALed With A Promise" by Mary Margret Daughtridge started out with a bang and hooked me right away. Sharpshooter Navy SEAL Caleb Delaude is sent to protect the very man he's vowed to kill, Senator Teague Calhoun. He does indeed protect him in the line of duty, but sets into motion a plan to exact revenge on his own time. Enter Emmie Caddington, an intelligent, quirky professor (think Amy Farrah Fowler from "The Big Bang Theory") who just happens to be Caleb's link to
Kate
Jul 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was written very well and the author is obviously very intelligent. I just found some bits a little hard to believe.

First, whenever Caleb announced a special skill he excelled at, not only would the author say it was due to being a SEAL, the author would imply that only SEALs have such a skill because they are SEALs. This writing tactic was so over-used that I was rolling my eyes throughout the entire novel.

The other thing that really got to was me was so incredibly shallow and self-centered
Amanda
Feb 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, 2012
Review can also be found here - http://thebookboudoir.blogspot.com/20...

I was looking forward to reading more of this series by moving on to book 2. While I did enjoy the story over all, I didn't breeze through it as quickly as I did the first book. I felt like the characters weren't as developed as I'd have liked them to be. I didn't get a chance to really love Emmie and Caleb.

For that matter, I didn't see them 'fall in love' either. One of my favorite parts of reading a romance novel is to se
Mili
Oct 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
What the f**k is wrong with female romance writers today? can someone please tell me?
you read one book with insecure female, once i can let it slide but the second time is just bordering on stupidity and no imagination. i judge this writer, i point and jugde. i dont care if its rude. what i hate the most is that most romance writers are insecure themselves and so create characters that match thier insecurity just so they can live out some fantasy that a beautiful woman with a great rack who is o
Fyreball
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OK, just finished the second story, Sealed with a Promise (Caleb/Do Lord & Emmie's story). Like Kiss, Promise has some tough life issues to deal with. Ms Daughtridge tells a great tale, although I thought this one ended a little too suddenly (view spoiler). However, the writing is still lush and should make word nerds happy (I started ...more
Barbara ★
I was disappointed in this book. The first book in the series, Sealed with a Kiss, was wonderful and I expected great things from this one, but it had a really slow start. Caleb isn't all that exciting until Jax's wedding then the romance gets started and instantly is in trouble. Emmie just go on my nerves. She's very insecure and has a makeover and is instantly flirtatious and confident. That's just not realistic at all.

Caleb has ulterior motives for hooking up with Emmie whom he hated from the
Donna Hatridge
Nov 02, 2011 rated it liked it
The writing in this book has some good parts and some odd confusing moments.

He'll do anything to move the mission forward, no matter the cost . . .
Navy SEAL Caleb Delaude is deadly charming. When he discovers that professor Emmie Caddington's personal connections can help him get the dirty work done, he sets out to win her over. But her quick intelligence and quirky personality sure do start to get under his skin . . .

She may just be the key to his salvation . . .
Emmie's smart and independent a
Bobbie  Crawford
SEALed with a Promise
Written By: Mary Margret Daughtridge
Published By: Sourcebooks Casablanca, 2009, First Edition, 384 pages, paperback
ISBN 978-1402217630

SEALed with a Promise is fast-paced and the first half of the book is really good; I liked the realistic characterizations of the Navy Seals and I enjoyed the sexual tension between Caleb and Emmie. The plot is unique and the story really captured my attention, at the beginning. Unfortunately, about halfway through the story everything seemed
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Mar 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-amazon
This book picks up a few months after SEALed with a Kiss, part of the beginning happens during Jax and Pickett's wedding. Do-Lord and Emma are great together. I love the way he falls for her. There are alot of emotions in this book as well. There were a couple of areas where I felt like there could have been more detail or the solution was to easy/cut and dried. But it was still a great read.

I LOVED seeing Tyler, Jax and Pickett in this book again.

WARNING - my friends that like the Tempting Se
Amanda
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This is the second in a series, and for some reason, this story grabbed me. It is one of my new favorite contemporaries. The characters are intelligent (there was some Amazon discussion about how the author beat us over the head with this fact, but that seems to be a theme with her other titles as well), and faced morally questionable situations. I found the banter witty and I really like how the hero and heroine come out changed for the better on the other side. I found the situation that broug ...more
Natalie W
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. I didn't believe it would have a positive ending and I was feeling that the main characters wouldn't come together.

Mary Margaret writes great characters who are deep and complex.
Sanny
Aug 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
How long can a SEAL keep a promise? How long can he remain focused on a mission? A lifetime, but should he? The second of four books in the series, and just as good as the first. I read them all again and again, and always enjoy them.
Donna
May 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Mary-Margret pulled me in again. I love her SEALs when they're off-duty - no spoilers but you need to read about these guys and the wedding cake! One of my favorite scenes ever. I feel like I know these guys. You'll want to too!
Brenda
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is my second SEALed book, and it was amazing. I loved both characters who are exceptionally intelligent, but in such different ways. Opposites, yet not. It's fast paced, romantic, action packed and fun.
Karen
Feb 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
3.5 stars Liked the characters more than the plot.
Arelys
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series
Read series in order. Great second installment and continues the storyline of the first book. Looking forward to the next installment.
Kobie
Nov 01, 2013 rated it liked it
DNF ...quit at ch 29. like the writing, but wish for some reduction in volume of it. learned some new vocabulary, always cool. maybe I will try next in series?
Just - The romance reader
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-book, freading
I'm not sure what I loved more getting to know Caleb and Emma or seeing the return of Jax and Pickett. This was another wonderful story in the series and I hope the rest live up to the first two.
Mom
Jun 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-during-2011
Kind of disjointed, but overall, entertaining.
Bella
Apr 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
this one's my favorite of the series and it even had a little paranormal sub story to it haha
Bernie
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SEALed with a Promise review

SEALed with a Promise is another excellent book written by author Mary Margret Daughtridge. I love her books. Her characters are so realistic.

• Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1)
  • Crossing The Line
  • Who Needs a Hero? (The Misadventures of the Laundry Hag, #0.5)
  • Beyond His Control (SEAL, #3)
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Breakpoint (High Risk, #4)
  • SEALed and Delivered (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Risk No Secrets (Black Ops Inc., #5)
  • Taylor's Temptation (Tall, Dark & Dangerous, #10)
  • Soldier on Her Doorstep
  • Fatal Heat

SEALed (4 books)
  • SEALed with a Kiss (SEALed, #1)
  • SEALed with a Ring (SEALed, #3)
  • SEALed Forever (SEALed, #4)