Start by marking “Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth (Junie B. Jones, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Junie B. Jones and Her...

Barbara Park

Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth (Junie B. Jones #3)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  8,809 Ratings  ·  405 Reviews
Junie's having a rough week. First she got punishment for shooting off her mouth in kindergarten. And now she's in big trouble again! 'Cause Monday is Job Day, and Junie B. told her class that she's got the "bestest" job of all. Only, what the heck is it?
Published January 1st 2006 by Chicken House Ltd (first published 1993)

Chelsea Humphrey
Another great adventure with Junie B! We shared lots of laughs and giggles throughout this one. I love how these books include diversity at an age appropriate level of understanding. ❤ ...more
Lisa
Aug 29, 2010 rated it did not like it
These are horrible books for kids. I started reading them to my kindergartner. She loves them, but she has also started acting just like Junie-horrible, bratty and mouthy. All these books do is give kids ideas of how to misbehave. And her grammar is horrible. I would not let your kids read these, nor would I read any to them.
j
May 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readalouds, 2017
This was fun to read aloud to my 5-year-old, because Junie B. does a lot of yelling and has bad grammar (significantly worse than my own kid).

But that's also why I probably won't read any more of them to her for a while. I don't need to give her any additional help learning how to act like a brat. And I read books to her partially to teach her good grammar.*

*winner of the 2017 Fun Dad Award
luhvBOOKS
Title: Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth

Author: Barbara Park

Series: Junie B. Jones #3

Rating: ★★★

Summary: Sometimes life is P.U. Junie B.’s having a rough week. First she got punishment for shooting her mouth off in kindergarten. And now she’s in big trouble again! ’Cause Monday is Job Day, and Junie B. told her class that she’s got the bestest job of all. Only, what the heck is it?

Review: Like any Junie B. Jones book: it's hard to even say.

Things I Loved: N/A

Things I Hated: Grammar. Every tim
Norberto Leyva
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book I read was “Junie B. Jones and her Big Fat Mouth.” It was a really funny book and some of the words were a little difficult for me at times. The story is basically about a kindergarten girl whose teacher her she can dress up like her favorite career. Some ideas were painters, superheroes, and police officer. Junie claimed she wanted to be all three, and the other kids made fun of her. She was upset and took it out on her family. Monday morning she returns to school and Junie dressed up ...more
Anna
Dec 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No, I'm not crazy. My girls and I have started the series. We just finished #3 last night. I may have a broken nose because of it. LITERALLY. No joking. We LOVE Junie B. My girls act just like her at home.
babyhippoface
Aug 15, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes to laugh
Shelves: kids-fiction, humor
This girl is just too much! (And I'm so glad she's not a student in my class!)
Bianca
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My 6yr old niece reviews all children's books read :)

"It was funny and I liked it super much." - Destiny
Staci
Sep 06, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Elementary-age kids and their parents
If it's Junie B it has got to B good! All of the books in this series are hysterical!
Becky Schroeder
Oct 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gwynette Koch
Jordan
Oct 23, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Barbara Park has written a series of books that are about Junie B. Jones. I recently read the Junie B. Jones and her Big Fat Mouth. This book is about Junie B. Jones speaking her mind on everything. She reminds me of my sister Hailey. Hailey tends to speak her mind as well. When someone tells her she's wrong, she argues back about how she is right. Junie has a little baby brother named Ollie. She tends to think if he never came about, she would get most of the attention in the house. Junie B. Jo ...more
Penny
Oct 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Children can be cruel, and as Junie B. finds out in this book. The students in Room Nine are having Job Day, and Junie B. has no idea what she wants to be. The rest of the class will never let her live it down. She's showing herself not to be as bright or well spoken as some of the other kids in her class and it's starting to become a challenge for her.

While the grammar is horrible and Junie B.'s attitude is really bad, this book is yet another that deals with issues kids her age have to go thro
Samuel
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read the book "Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth" by Barbara Park. I thought this book was quite adequate yet funny. The plot to the book was average, and the vocabulary was easy to understand. This made the book simple to read.

The plot starts with Junie Jones and her loud mouth. She says she will have the best job when she is older, and everyone believes her. When she gets home she asks her mother for help with which job to pick. When her mother is busy and can't tend to her right away, J
Cesar
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Who: Junie B Jones, Mrs. (the teacher) students in the class

Where: School, home, Room #9

When: Fall of Junie's 2nd grade school year.

What: It's Junie B. Jones' first day of school in second grade. She had to introduce herself to the class. Junie started to make friends. When she went to recess, the teacher went outside to tell the students something important. The teacher told the students she had a surprise for them. Junie B. Jones likes surprises. The teacher asked what do the students want to
Erin R
Apr 10, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This short chapter book describes Junie B. Jones’ experience with “job day” as a kindergartener. Her flights of fancy, thoughtless outbursts and quick wit give insights into the life of a kindergartener wondering what to be when she grows up. After much deliberation, Junie B. settles on copying one of her school heroes, the janitor, and declares to her class that she will also be janitor one day.

This very humorous book explores deeper issues of self-discovery and growing up, therefore I would cl
Carl Koch
I read "Junie B. Jones and Her Big Fat Mouth" by Barbara Park. The book tells of how Junie B. Jones keeps getting in trouble because she tells fibs. She tells everyone that when she is older, she is going to have the best job. When job day comes around however, she is just made fun of because she decides she wants to be a janitor. She gets over it, but learns that she just needs to keep her mouth shut!

Junie B. Jones is the main character and is dynamic. Throughout the story she gets in trouble f
Michael Hickey
Junie B. Jones and her
Big Fat Mouth
By Barbara Park

The book starts out with Junie B. Jones at school. She is in classroom nine. Their teacher, Mrs, just told them they are going to have a job day. Mrs. has a cop and a dentist come in that day to explain to them what they do in their job. For Job Day, the students have to dress up like the person they want to be when they grow up. All of the kids know what they want to be when they grow up except Junie B. She wants to be somebody who paints, save
Diego
Oct 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Junie is a nine year old girl who goes to school on the first day. She meets her teacher whom she calls Mrs. She makes new friends and gets a best friend who is a girl. The teacher tells the class about what they will learn. Junie gets herself in trouble because she talks when the teacher talks. She has a pretty rough day and gets in a lot trouble.

Junie is the main character and she is starting first grade. There is also a teacher Junie calls “Mrs.” Her classmates don’t like her at first because
Morgan Reed
Book summary, in your own words: junie b jones is just a girl that doesn't know when not to blurt out. She gets t=so s=excited about things that she just has to say it right then and there and sometime she gets in trouble for saying things when she shouldn't.
2) Grade level:1st- 3rd
3) Appropriate classroom use (subject area): All subjects. Just a fun book to read
4) Individual students who might benefit from reading: All students
5) Small group use (literaturecircles): Each student have a differe
Alyssa Criss
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i really liked this book i thought it was so funny and cute. i really think the series of junie b jones is genious and hilarious they are good books and i am going to keep reading them. you should read this because it is so funny and makes you want to laugh out loud.
Elizabeth
Apr 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I forgot how entertaining these are. My son asked me to get him some since they're reading them in class and Junie's shenanigans make him giggle.
Mar 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny
She really has a big Fat Mouth.
Jitendra
Aug 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tanu
A beautiful and funny story.
Abby
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: eng261, series-books
Another hilarious Junie B. Jone's book. Junie B. is having troubles with speaking out of term. For job day, Junie B. says that her job is going to be the greatest. This book is best suited for students in second through fifth grades. The genres of this book are comedy/humor and realistic fiction. The themes are elementary school, jobs, careers, work, and mischief. I gave this book five stars because it is laugh out loud funny. I found myself chuckling during the part where Junie B. sees a candy ...more
Alice
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This books revolves around Junie B making up her mind about what to be and dress up as for her Job Day presentation. She's rather clueless what she wants to be and getting really confused if there is a job title where she can paint, save the world from danger, unlocking doors, which she then decides it's called Janitor. Of course that invites much laughter from her class but it ends well in a funny and interesting note. The school janitor even comes in for a sharing on the job.
Katie
Junie B.'s observations on how she gets herself into trouble pale in comparison to the MANY other ways she gets herself into trouble. She's a bit of a lunatic. The best part, however, was her recognition of the wonderful traits embodied by her best friend. Still, just right for a first grader who sees through the ridiculousness and in no way wants to emulate Junie B.'s actions.
Erica
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My daughter liked it. I found myself correcting some of the grammar as a read it aloud. I get it the author is mimicking child grammar but i felt it was a bit too much. I will continue because I know my daughter was engaged and i feel like it leaves us discussing more.
Nana
May 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shayna
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I see the appeal, but she's a little too bratty. Ramona did it first and Ramona did it better.
  • You Can't Eat Your Chicken Pox, Amber Brown
  • Horrible Harry and the Green Slime (Horrible Harry, #2)
  • Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House, #7)
  • Judy Moody, M.D.: The Doctor is In! (Judy Moody #5)
  • Arthur and the Scare-Your-Pants-Off-Club (Arthur Chapter Book, #2)
Barbara Park received over 40 awards for her books, including 25 Children's Choice awards.

Park was the daughter of a merchant and a secretary, Doris and Brooke Tidswell. She grew up in Mount Holly Township, New Jersey. From 1965 to 1967, she attended Rider College, later finishing her B.S. in 1969 at the University of Alabama. She married Richard A. Park in 1969. She lived in Phoenix, Arizona for
More about Barbara Park...

Junie B. Jones (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Junie B. Jones and the  Stupid Smelly Bus (Junie B. Jones, #1)
  • Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business (Junie B. Jones, #2)
  • Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky Peeky Spying (Junie B. Jones, #4)
  • Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake (Junie B. Jones, #5)
  • Junie B. Jones and That Meanie Jim's Birthday (Junie B. Jones, #6)
  • Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren (Junie B. Jones, #7)
  • Junie B. Jones Has a Monster Under Her Bed (Junie B. Jones, #8)
  • Junie B. Jones Is Not a Crook (Junie B. Jones, #9)
  • Junie B. Jones Is a Party Animal (Junie B. Jones, #10)
  • Junie B. Jones Is a Beauty Shop Guy (Junie B. Jones, #11)