Start by marking “The Horror At Camp Jellyjam (Classic Goosebumps, #9) (Goosebumps, #33)” as Want to Read:
The Horror At Camp Jellyjam (Classic Goosebumps, #9) (Goosebumps, #33)

The Horror At Camp Jellyjam (Classic Goosebumps, #9)

(Goosebumps #33)

Discover the bone-chilling adventures that made Goosebumps one of the bestselling children's book series of all time. Now with all-new bonus materials!

Camp Jellyjam is no ordinary sports camp. The counselors seem a little TOO happy. And why are they so obsessed with winning? It might have something to do with the hideous, slimy discovery lurking in the darkness....

It's our
Published May 1st 2009 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published 1995)

Carmen
Feb 28, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
"And what about Mom and Dad?" I demanded. "They couldn't have driven very far before they realized the trailer had come loose. Why haven't they found us? Why hasn't the camp found them?"

Elliot shrugged. "Beats me," he replied casually. He dodged past me and started to the door. "Wendy, you're just unhappy because you stink at sports. But I'm having a great time here. Don't mess it up for me - okay?"

R.L. Stine must have been on some serious substances in 1995 because this book is flippin' insane.
✨Tamara
#33 "Tennis... Ping-pong... Monsters, anyone?"
"Only the best" the sign reads under King Jellyjam. Wendy's brother Elliot is very competitive and a total sports nut. She however, is not so into sports. So when they go to Camp Jellyjam, the sports camp, Wendy feels it's kind of a downer. But she's about to find out that things are not all that they seen at this camp.
Salymar
Nov 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1999-2007-read
I am never really a fan of summer camp books and most importantly I don't dig stories with kids disobeying their parents. Well I guess that's the moral of the story...DO NOT DISOBEY YOUR PARENTS.
As far as I can remember, this book was still fun and silly, but not as good as the other Goosebumps book series.
The monster was kind of stupid, but the brainwashed campers were completely creepy!

Goosebumps was so popular when I was a kid, I would get invovled in fights in the library over who got to che
3Marcus6799
Aug 31, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OMG! Flat out OMG! I cannot beleive this book! It was CRAZY completely CRAZY! King Jellyjam. A KING MADE OUT OF STANKY JELLY! HOW does he come up with this stuff?!!? I don't know but this book was incredible. Completely incredible.YOU HAVE TO READ THIS FREAKING BOOK!I don't care what you ave to READ this!!
Josiah
Sep 23, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Though twelve-year-old Wendy and her eleven-year-old brother Elliot aren't hot on the idea of galavanting across the country with their parents all summer vacation, an accidentally detached trailer section of the family vehicle sends them barreling off into a summer camp experience they'll never forget. Separated from their parents when the trailer car they're riding in smashes into a wooded area by the interstate, Wendy and Elliot are lucky they weren't injured. And fortunately for them (or so ...more
David Santos
Oct 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goosebumps
For some odd reason I really like the camp books. Here you have wo kids who get detached from their parents (literally)The end up at a fun little sports camp. Right away I knew it was fiction when all the kids obeyed the camp rules! Anyways It was written in female first person and was done well. I was entertained from the start to the end. The ending was strange and kinda gross. On a side note the description on some sites is really off base (no pun intended) and is exactly why I don't read the ...more
Danny
Dec 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comfort-books
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Darcy McLaughlin
We start this instalment with what feels like a remake of the earlier Horrorland story. Kids in the back of a car bored, parents driving them somewhere. Wendy and Elliot are 12 and 11, and their parents are driving them around the country in their car and sleeping in an "old fashioned" camper trailer, you know as opposed to those new fangled ones I guess.

The kids are so bored, they ask if they can ride in the camper while they're driving down the highway. Dad of the year decides this is a safe i
it'chy
Oct 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: soft
chapter 10: bob totally forgot about the deuce
Andrew
Andrew Ball
Sep 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the more unsettling books by R.L. Stine. The actual horror is less than the pervasive sense of unease that still sticks with me years afterward. I read it so many times the binding started falling off.
Alexandra
i was really hoping to love this one, as it has one of my favorite covers out of all the goosebumps books, but sadly, i did not. it was just okay. and gross.

the premise is completely unbelievable to start with. (okay let's be real, the ENTIRE STORY is unbelievable which is fine. it's fucking goosebumps lol) two kids are on a boring road trip with their parents and decide to liven it up by riding in the trailer behind their parents car. trailer becomes unhitched, the kids go sailing off down a m
Rae Lake
Kirk
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked the monster in this one. The concept was cool and unexpected as well, kind of a “The Lottery” vibe, where the “winner” gets something they probably wouldn’t want.

But there were some similarities between this one and Welcome to Camp Nightmare. The phones. The disappearing kids. The child herald. The strange counselors.

In the original run, it appears this book came a lot later, so for the original audience, it probably wasn’t a big deal. Hell, for all I know this book may have been target
Ken
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A super competitive sports camp that harbours a deep secret is such a cool concept.

This one really stuck with me as a kid, it might be due to the fact that I would have been one of the campers who would desperately try and win the Six King Coins to enter ‘Winners Wak’ too!

Throughout the park there’s plenty of signs that read ‘Only The Best’ seems harmless enough but has such a deeper sinister meaning.

This book even has a dark twist ending, which helps make it standout!
Jack Richard
I don't think I can count this as a book on the list. I read the whole book aloud to a child, I'm going to count that as a solid.
Zane
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Who was your favorite character?
Elliot is my favorite character because he's funny.

What did you think was the scariest part?
I think the scariest part was when Wendy was about to get eaten by kingjelly jam.

What was your favorite scene?
My favorite scene is when all the counselors are hypnotized because they chase kids that have six king coins.

What did you not like about the book?
I don't like the slavery in the book.
Aurora Dimitre
This, right after the book I said I wouldn't name in this review, is one of the Goosebumps books I remember the most fondly from my childhood. I don't know what it was - that cheerful (er) counselor on the front, or maybe the main character's little brother, who I always liked, or maybe just the whole idea, but Jellyjam was always one of my favorites.

This book follows a girl and her younger brother on vacation. They're bored. They don't want to be in the car for hours at a time (hey, that's how
Sean Morrow
Dec 05, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The first 'idol' of mine I ever met was R.L. Stine. I met him at a book signing in my childhood. I had a meringue after, and learned that I don't like meringue. But I liked Goosebumps. Now I don't like Goosebumps.

I read this expecting to enter a euphoric state of nostalgic bliss, and was sorely disappointed. The story is just awful, Stine throws a twist in the end that has no basis in the rest of the story, it just kind of happens completely randomly. The earthquakes that shake Camp JellyJam are
Hiromi Aoki
Aug 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THE HORROR AT CAMP written by R.L.Stine is a horror story which happens to two little kids.

On the way to the family trip, two children who are Wendy and her younger brother Elliot got lost.
The trailer two kids were riding on rolled downhill without their children.
When Wendy opens the door, there was someone looked weird. This man was waiting for them with grinning smile...

The main character,Wendy, is a very careful girl. Buddy who is the owner of a horror camp always tempt them with funny eve
Sami C
This is the first Goosebumps I read in over 10 years, and I am reminded of how one-dimensional the characters and how cringe-worthy the dialogues are.

Wendy and Elliot talk their parents into letting them ride in the trailer during a ride to camp, and somehow the trailer becomes unhitched. They roll down a hill and land by Camp Jellyjam where instead of being panicked and checking for injuries or trauma and making sure to contact their parents and the authorities, the kids immediately join sports
Raye of the Dead
Oct 16, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This was a favorite when I was a kid. I was super excited to re-read this as an adult. I probably shouldn’t have done it. It was a fun read but it just wasn’t the same as when I was a kid. That is why I’m only giving it three stars.
Tracey
Jun 30, 2014 rated it liked it
The way the monster was killed was stupid but I liked the relationship between the brother and sister. They weren't psychopaths towards each other.
Sera
Nov 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tbr
One of my favorites. :)
Akash
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Patrick McGrady
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The 4th installment of our Daddy/Daughter Goosebumps reads. We rattled off the first 3 pretty quick and then it took us awhile to get to the next. Part of me didn't want to push my daughter into indulging her old man in his childhood nostalgia if she wasn't into them. Then the other day she said to me, "Daddy, we need to get back into Goosebumps". Completely unprompted mind you. My eyes got wide and I said to her "go upstairs and pick out any one you want right now and let's do it!"

We consumed t
Ad Rocks Socks (semi hiatus)
I really really really really really really wish I’d read Carmen’s review before reading this book.
Justin Padilla
Wendy and her younger brother Elliot are on a road trip with their parents, which Elliot and Wendy hates because they wanted to go to summer camp. The Wyoming countryside does very little to excite the two kids, so Wendy suggests that maybe she and Elliot could ride in the trailer hitched behind their car. Once inside the trailer, the two kids merrily pass the time as the trailer accelerates down the highway. When the ride gets a little bumpy, the kids assume their mother is driving, but the tra ...more
Isabel Orama
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book that I read today was about a brother and sister named Wendy and Elliot. One day, their parents and them where going on a road trip for vacation. Elliot gets bored in the car, so he asks his dad if Wendy and himself can go in the trailer that the car pulls. Their mom thought it was dangerous, but their dad let them go anyway. As they where in the trailer, the car went up a steep hill and the trailer got loose. The trailer went down the hill until it came to a sudden stop. A strange smil ...more
Maggie Gordon
The Horror at Camp Jellyjam is... one of the weirder Goosebumps novels. It doesn't compare to Camp Nightmare, but it wasn't as horrible as I anticipated. Though it does feel like an acid trip for kids...

In this book, Elliot and Wendy are separated from their parents after an accident, but they end up right near a camp specialising in sports that is happy to let them stay until their parents can be fond. Elliot loves it there, but Wendy is concerned that the counsellors seem a little weird, and e
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Suspicion (Animorphs, #24)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)

R. L. Stine b

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 67 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)