Start by marking “I*O*N” as Want to Read:
I*O*N

I*O*N

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  1,386 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Tsuburagi Ion ist ein normales Highschool-Girl. Sie ist ein wenig verliebt und zwar in den Präsidenten des Clubs für übernatürliche Phänomene. Und wie könnte sie seine Aufmerksamkeit wohl besser auf sich ziehen, als eben diesem Club bei zu treten.
Doch natürlich ist die Theorie wieder einmal viel einfacher als die Umsetzung. Denn da gibt es ja noch Ai Minase, sie ist Mikado
Published September 1st 2003 by Egmont Manga (first published December 9th 1997)

Laurel
Jan 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meh, manga, silly-shoujo
It's...okay? It's definitely cute, but I guess Gentleman's Alliance appeals to me more. Tanemura's style is also more defined in that one.

Here, it's like...trapped in 1996 and it's a little jarring to look at for me and I really can't explain it anymore than that.

Woo?
Caroline
Aug 23, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the author
Shelves: manga, young-adult
Eh...this book was unbelievably weird, and it wasn't drawn all too well. Also, who names their kid Ion? Who lets their spouse name their kid Ion?
Girlwiththeglasses
This is my first anime and I really enjoyed it! I loved the fun pictures, the little the making of the bhoo notes on the side of the page but when it came to the story, the romance wasn't really my sort of thing. I loved how quick it was to read and I'll definatly be looking out for more anime
Kelcey
A cute little one-shot story. I love Arina Tanemura but as this was her first book, I can see a lot of her style was still fairly undeveloped. This one was pretty basic and didn't have a lot going on. I love almost everything she does so like I said, it's not bad, it's just not the best :)
Victoria Newman
May 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Koorihime-sama
Bought from Amazon, and I still own a copy.

APART OF THE GOODREADS 2012 READING CHALLENGE.

Review/Rating:

4 out of 5

Ease of Reading Text: 5 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5
Art Touch-Up: 5 out of 5
Translation: 4 out of 5
Design: 5 out of 5

When Ion Tsuburagi chants her first name, good things happen to her. However, when she meet Mikado and touches something he’s been developing, her powers start growing into something more. What is the thing she touched; and why is it giving Ion spec
Lesedelfin
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Ion is Tanemura first series - and it shows. Dating from around 1996, even the author apologizes for the inconsistent story and unrefined artwork. Yes, it has a spark of the charm that would appear in her later works. But the story is clearly one that started as a one-shot and just kept going for the sake of popularity rather than integrity. It's cute - but it's also all over the place and clearly wasn't plotted out in a
Lottie Eve
Ion Tsuburagi chants the letters of her first name as a charm to bring good luck when she needs it. Then she meets Mikado Hourai, the president of the Psychic Powers Research Society at school, and touches a mysterious substance he's been developing. Now chanting "I-O-N" gives her telekinetic powers.

I picked up this manga because the synopsis sounded very cute and fun. I liked the idea and thought it would be a very quick and lighthearted read. I did enjoy it at first but after reading this mang
Christina
Ion Tsuburagi has always been able to make any wish she desires come true by chanting her given name slowly and intently. Then, in High School, Ion encounters a boy in pursuit of his dream-- he wants to study and understand psychic powers! When he is gone one evening, Ion sneaks into his makeshift laboratory (a shed in the back of the school) and picks up his research material-- a substance that looks like a strange and familiar stone. When Ion picks it up, however, there is a strange electrical ...more
Kendra
Nov 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 10-grade
I.O.N Vol. 01
by Arina Tanemura
ppg216 usa
viz media
isbn:9781421518008

In this book i liked the mystery of every thing and the way she put the story. the flash backs really explained alot.She was very good at the order she didnt give us a clue what was going to happen but we guessed any way and i liked thta there was no way you would have guessed what happened.

I also really liked how they were able to pick the tiltle becasue the title really is the actaction i saw and also it really is the main idea
Natalie
Ion's weird first name aside, I.O.N. is a cute, one-shot romance. Though it's one of Arina Tanemura's earlier works, I didn't find the artwork or the characters to be lackluster; despite the relatively short length, Ion, Mikado, and their compatriots all develop within this six chapter work.

I didn't think the story line was the strongest; it relied on a lot of cliches and required Mikado to be an absolute dolt when it came to his painfully obvious feelings for Ion. Ion's really weird name also d
Sarah Savala
Nov 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"I.O.N." is one of Arina Tanemura's earlier works, so I expected the quality to have been a bit lower than her famous serials such as "Full Moon wo Sagashite," "Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne," and "Shinshi Doumei Cross." On the contrary, this book is just as good as what made her a big name in the manga industry.

This is a cute story, and I was glad that Ion didn't fall in love with a jerk -- as that's a common trope in the shoujo genre, and it's sickening at this point. Mikado isn't really a jerk so muc
Ally
Feb 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangaaaa
For a one-shot volume (six chapters I think?), Tanemura manages to fit a good amount of plot and character development into this book. I was pleasantly surprised that the love triangle was resolved, with the two girls becoming friends -- I wish more series did that.

The student president, who kept grabbing Ion, followed her around, and wouldn't take no for an answer, was an incredibly uncomfortable character.

Still, the charming side characters and Ion herself is enough to make up for that.

I'd hig
Chelsea
Arina Tanemura is a great Mangaka and I really like her style. This series is only 1 volume long and has less drama than some of her other series but is really good. This is a really fun story about a girl who discovers she has psychic powers and what she does with them. This story is also about how she falls in love with a boy that admires her powers and the relationship that develops between them.

Contains Chapters: 1 - 6
Chapter 01.) A Miracle in Three Seconds
Chapter 02.) Private Heroine
Chapter
Starbubbles
May 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
the story develops in a nice climatic way. the artwork at times gets a bit shaky, but that might be b/c i don't like the aesthetics of one characters. it's like playing that game from sesame street, "one of these things doesn't belong here..."
it's a very cute story, done in a lighthearted way. i did think it was a bit odd that everyone was so accepting of psychic powers. i guess to have others not accept someone having telekinetic powers (maybe thinking it's freakish, or something to that effect
Kitty Holmes
ION es un tomo único que me ha decepcionado bastante. Esperaba encontrar un tomo entretenido, como el anterior tomo único que leí de la autora, pero me he encontrado una historia repetitiva, que me ha costado de leer y que ni sus personajes salvan ya que son igual de planos que la historia.

Lo recomiendo únicamente para fans de la autora porque la verdad es que es un tomo que tiene poco que aportar.

Reseña completa: http://elesconditedelaspalabrasperdid...
Heffa
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 12+
Shelves: manga
Ich liebe Arina Tanemura's Zeichenstil. Auch, wenn ich am Anfang echte Probleme hatte in die Geschichte reinzukommen, weil ich von "Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne" ziemlich gebranntmarkt bin und daher in 80% der Charaktere immer einen aus eben dieser Mangaserie sehe. Nach dem ich das, nach ein paar Seiten, hinter mir gelassen habe, konnte ich mich vollends auf die Story einlassen.

vollständige Rezension lesen: http://www.secretsofrock.net/2012/10/...
Nekonami24Tangerine
Cuando era mas joven, este tipo de genero me gustaba bastante. Ya un poco mas grandezita y haciendo una relectura me doy cuento que necesito otro tipo de genero, pero no significar que sea mala. Os dejo mi critica colgada para que la leais: http://nami24tangerine.blogspot.fr/20...
Дени Проданова
С мъка на сърцето давам толкова малко звезди. Ама няма как. Колкото и да харесах Камикацзе крадлата Жан, Арина Танемура изобщо не ме впечатли с Ион. Предсказуема и банална история. И арта нещо куца въпреки, че се познава стила. И тия "психични сили" нещо не ми вдъхват доверие...
Ichigo
Jan 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
i just read this and its such a cute romance ^_^ it makes me wish i had someone like ion to make me happy all the time exept it would be a boy of course. but her friend is really weird it looks like she's crying all the time-_-?
Dani(elle)
"Ion said that her powers disappeared after she gained weight, right?"

This quote a few pages before the end is what made me dislike the book. The story is silly and cute but this line killed it for me.
Kimberly
Dec 22, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-manhwa
The heroine of this book bothered me. A LOT. She was unbelievably self-centered until the end, when she finally confessed her love.
Arina Tanemura has definitely had better art, and I would've preferred that she redraw everything before releasing this book.
Nohely
This is Tanemura- sensei first work ever! Of course it is magical girl with some marvelous romance. Sadly it is only one volume of six chapters, quite enjoyable. I.O.N is fun a read about a girl with telekinesis (a power I would love to have).
Miss Ryoko
I read this manga for the Mini Game Challenge in the Manga Book Club... I wasn't thoroughly impressed with it. It was an alright storyline. The art was okay. There really wasn't anything particularly special about this one shot. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. It really was just ok.
Maria
Dec 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesomeness! I have been dying to read I-O-N and you know it was pretty awesome, a little bird told me there was a sequel and I was like "shit what?!" don't know if it's true but I am investigating! Which is kinda crazy cuz this book came out forever ago, so we'll see!
Jennica
Feb 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I have read this one over and over again. I like that it is only one volume because it makes it easy to keep track of everything, but I also kind of wish there were more. XD It is a really sweet story.
Steph
Sep 23, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of Arina Tanemura
Shelves: manga
Cute, but a little weird.
Rachel
Jan 19, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This manga was really cute and i really liked it.
Elizabeth
May 11, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Cute, fluffy, and magical (or scientific?). What more do you want from the creator of Full Moon wo Sagashite and Phantom Thief Jeanne?
  • Yume Kira Dream Shoppe
  • The Magic Touch, Vol. 1 (The Magic Touch, #1)
  • Alice 19th, Vol. 6 (Alice 19th, #6)
  • Saint Dragon Girl, Vol. 01
  • V.B. Rose Volume 1
  • Mugen Spiral, Vol. 01
  • Angel Diary, Vol. 01
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1 (Magical x Miracle, #1)
  • Duklyon: Clamp School Defenders, Vol. 01
  • Captive Hearts, Vol. 05 (Captive Hearts, #5)
  • Cactus's Secret, Vol. 01
  • Yurara, Vol.2
  • Pixie Pop: Gokkun Pucho, Vol. 1
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 1 (Mixed Vegetables, #1)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 4 (Beauty Pop, #4)
  • Flower in a Storm (Flower in a Storm, #1)
Name in Japanese: 種村有菜 (Tanemura Arina)
Western Zodiac: Pisces

Arina Tanemura was born on March 12, 1978. She's the author of Full Moon O Sagashite, Time Stranger Kyoko, Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross, Sakura Hime Kaden, and more.

Her favorite hobby is Karaoke. One song that she sings is Smile, originally by Myco. She has two cats, named Riku and Kai. She has one elder and one
More about Arina Tanemura...

“If…if you don't feel anything for me then don't touch me! Don't act like you care!” 17 likes
“I liked her…I really liked her.
I wanted to protect her.
I approached her in a gentle, playful manner, because she's so precious and I wanted to hold her in my arms because she's so carefree.
She was my treasure.”