Start by marking “Playing for Keeps” as Want to Read:
Playing for Keeps

Playing for Keeps

Some things are worth playing for keeps.

Jacob has always been part of Dana Cochran’s life. They’ve lived next door to each other for years, they’ve dated on and off and now they see each other through work. But their timing has just never been right, and when Dana invites Jacob over to play with her and Mason Caldwell…things get complicated.

Doctor Jacob McCoy loves Dana. S
Published January 13th 2009 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Playing for Keeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing for Keeps

Kari Hansen
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Jake has loved Dana for years and they have an on again off again relationship that isn’t what Jake wants but he is willing to take that rather than not have her in his life.

Dana enjoys her freedom and the ability to be with whoever she wants whenever she wants and stays away from all things emotional.

One night during a storm Jake comes over to check on Dana and although she is with her casual boyfriend Mason, she invites him to join them and he can’t resist the opportunity to be with her. She c
Linda
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-owned
Jake has been Dana’s on and off boyfriend for years. He has always loved her and is always there waiting for her. She finds herself pregnant and both she and Jake are excited when tragedy strikes. She has been exposed to Fifth Disease in her first trimester and things don’t look good.

Great love story of neighbors who grew up together and were close friends before becoming lovers. Together they dealt with the pain of losing their child.
Dark Faerie Tales
Review Courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A tear jerker story involving a threesome and struggles to find out what is most important in life: Love.

Opening Sentence: “You tramp.”

The Review:

If you read the synopsis of this book, it sounds a lot like a fun, steamy ménage-love-triangle-type romance. There is sure to be lots of sexual tension and participation, right? WRONG! There should be some kind of sticker put on the back of this book: WARNING – may contain highly emotional content
Sandy M
Jul 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, erotic
Yes, I’ve had this ebook tucked away on the computer for a year and a half now. Shame on me. But I’m actually glad. Shiloh Walker is one of those authors whose books I know I’m going to like no matter what, even if there’s the smallest, niggling doubt that creeps into my mind on one page that I may not care for what’s happening. Then on the very next page she’s sucked me in and I’m lost in the story, the characters, and most of all the emotion.

In this case that little doubt came early on, when d
Tracy
Not What I Was Expecting
Doctor Jake McCoy has been in love with Dana Cochran since they were young. They've had an on again, off again relationship that's frustrated Jake beyond words. He doesn't dare tell her. He knows her too well. Whenever it comes to deep emotion, Dana keeps everyone at arms length. Playing, however, is her forte, and one night when a storm has taken out the power on the street they live on, Jake walks across to check on her, only to find her and her boyfriend in the back ya
Erotic Horizon
Jun 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Dana Cochran is living the sort of life people only dream of and she is having a blast doing it all. She is happily employed and has two men in her life who satisfy all the areas that any red blooded women needs to be satisfied. Mason Caldwell is every girl’s fantasy come true and he his just as apt at the game as she is, Jake McCoy on the other hand is the man of her dreams and she is only too thrilled to have him join in the game.

When the game goes a little too far and life marches on; all thr
Renataberger
Sep 30, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'm having a hard time reading this book. I've started and stopped several times. I have been reading the psychic series and I thought this was one of the books from the series. I was wrong. This is straight up erotica which I'm really not into. Normally her books tend to have a few racy scenes which I skip over but this was over the top. I went and read some reviews which for the most part were favorable. That is why I kept trying to find something to grab my attention to get me to read further ...more
Anja
Jul 18, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: c, w-az, r-a
I really liked the first half but felt the focus of the second half went on too long. I am sure it was realistic but the pacing was much slower.

I wish there had been more of Jake’s struggle with sharing Dana. When the book opens, he has already been dealing with it for months and I think the author could’ve exploited the natural tension.

There were too many sex scenes that did not build an emotional connection or show Jake’s conflict. However, the one where Jake kept Mason away from Dana was grea
Lori
Jan 08, 2010 rated it really liked it
Kaylea Cross
Jan 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars. A very brave book that made me tear up more than once. I wasn't sure if I could like the heroine after the way she came across at the start of the book, but as the story progressed and took a few unexpected turns, she grew on me by leaps and bounds. I commend the author for her courage to write about this.
Red
Nov 05, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a quick little read that pulled at the heartstrings. At times it does not flow as well as it could. Shiloh is an excellent writer and I felt parts of it were not on par with her work.

All of the characters were easy to like. Well most of them :)
Vashti
Feb 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
enjoyed this one,sad in the middle of the book,but hea at the end.
Aj
May 25, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Getaway (Shivaree, #2)
  • Shaken
  • Impulsive (Men of Hawaii, #5)
  • One night on a train
  • Brotherhood of Fire (Hearts on Fire #1)
  • The Jackson Brothers (The Jackson Brothers, #1-3)
  • A Week for Love to Bloom (Soul Mates 101, #1)
  • Nice and Naughty
  • Take Me (Wild Oats, #1)
  • Flawed Beauty
  • Bad Romance (New Adult Romance)
  • Reunions (Love Slave for Two, #3)
  • Night of the Dragon
  • Unbridled (Centaur Chronicles, #1)
  • Nice Girl (Girl Series, #1)
  • Wrath's Embrace  (Masters of Sin, #1)
  • Complicated
  • Domination in Pink (Club El Diablo #4)
Hello... thanks for swinging by. I don't log into Goodreads much, so if you have questions, please visit my website to email me through my site.
Thank you!

My other me.... J.C. Daniels

And an experimental me that I put to sleep. J. Dallas

Bio...

Shiloh Walker has been writing since she was a kid. She fell in love with vampires with the book Bunnicula and has worked her way up to the more...ah...serio