Start by marking “Rowe (Primal, #1)” as Want to Read:

Rowe

(Primal #1)

June 29th, 1973

Dear Mom and Dad,

The girls and I are ready for our big kayaking trip! We leave July 5th and we’ll be done by the 9th. So hopefully you’ll get my letter before I make it home, all stinky and unwashed from our four day adventure. We did a training class at the University on how to use our kayaks, which we rented from the sports facility, and I’m feeling pretty
Published May 30th 2022 by Amazon Digital Services

Start your review of Rowe (Primal, #1)
Mareeva

Since the weird synopsis gave us NOTHING... I'm gonna confuse everyone even further.

This book with no context:

🛑MINOR SPOILERS🛑

➥ Nothing happened for most of the story except the heroine being useless & annoying. Y'all remember that stupid chicken from Moana? That's kate.

➥ She really rubbed sticks the exact same way for weeks tryna make a fire....a literal caveman had to point out to her that she might wonna change techniques, as common sense dictates when you fail repeatedly. Finally
 ⚔Irunía⚔
Jun 02, 2022 marked it as not-for-toffee
okay, i never do that, but to hell with that. i just read an absolute masterpiece of a review for this book that points out the shortcomings of the story which the author must work on should ponder long and hard over, sleep on it, reflect on the analyzed feedback long and hard again, and repeat the cycle religiously until she gets inspired and feels ready to give us something to think/clutch our dusty pearls/gush about as opposed to ranting/wanting to bang the characters' heads against the wall ...more
↬ Ⓛ [hiatus]
May 31, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Imagine if Shay Savage & Dylan Page team up together where Transcendence & Rowe universe collide that shit be lit!

I just knew & felt this standalone was finna be 5 stars and it was!!

I found my book soulmate of 2022 & I mean… I def wasn’t expecting it to be Dylan Page of all authors.

This author is brutal tho like dang she killing off side characters like it ain’t nth when they’re smth to me. Lmao!
Sonia
My first Dylan Page book, which I enjoyed, but I have questions…

It’s been a while since I read a “language barrier” book (I’m looking at you Golden Dynasty), so I was suuuuuper excited to dive into this one. Although I have questions, I still found myself enjoying the book overall (analytical Sonia needed to leave the room in order to fully enjoy it 😂). I found myself giggling… when I think I wasn’t supposed to giggle 😂😅.

Kate (19), Stephanie, Lisa and Jen go on a kayaking girls’ trip. It’s 1973
Seikai
Jun 02, 2022 rated it it was ok
I feel like I should have loved this. Another time travel-esque story with a romance between a modern girl and a possessive caveman who single mindedly wants to impregnate her and blasts through all manners of consent 👁👄👁. Unfortunately, as much as it pains me to say this, this story fell flat for me.

Kate, the heroine:
I couldn't relate to this girl at all. Which is kind of a huge part of reading these "normal girl time travels to a primitive world" stories. Kate was probably the most useless and
TJ ☾
May 31, 2022 rated it it was ok
book bradha, not mmahch
Jenn (The Book Refuge)
Jun 16, 2022 rated it did not like it
Umm.. I don't quite have words for how much I didn't vibe with this book... like.. it went from mildly interesting, to absurd, to disturbing and then another 100 feet further.

I'm just.. no.

1 star
3 on the spice scale

TW: Dubcon, rape, coercion, violence, death, forced pregnancy, breeding, and so many more.
Intel Chicky Reads Romance (Kara Merideth)
Story: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Trope: kidnapping, language barrier
Angst: 😱😱
Smexy: 🔥🔥🔥

What an unexpectedly awesome read! Totally original, I loved how it took place in the past. Absolutely loved the hero, Rowe, and how head over heals he was. Enjoyed the heroines inner conflict. Super fast paced with tons of action. Loved the little Stephanie breadcrumbs and hoping her book is next!
Jena (aka Tina)
Jun 08, 2022 rated it it was ok
DNF. Characters were under developed, whatever happened to character development in stories? In any case, couldn’t connect with any of the characters, the writing was rambling and boring, I could not get into the story! . Did this author actually write that amazing book called Torment?

Pros; love scenes were hot!🥵
Tasha
This story follows Kate, who goes on a kayaking trip with her girlfriends and eventually gets separated from the group. It's 1973, so there's no cellphones or added help. She's alone, in the wilderness, with no protection and the possibility of danger is everywhere.

Then she hears it.

Barking and hollering. Loud screams and calls of the wild. She runs and hides as best she can. Laying as low to the ground as her body will permit. In doing that, all she can feel is the ground shaking with footsteps
skye
DNF @77%

Nah this book lost me after this interaction:

Rowe’s dark gaze flickered down to my stomach and back to my face, his brows raised as if in question, and he looked so damned innocent, like a freaking puppy dog, despite what he’d just done that any resolve I’d had before crumbled like a damn cookie.

“Oh, fine!” I sighed, exasperated. “You want a baby? Okay then, Muscles. We’ll have a baby! But you’re helping with all of it… capiche?”

????????

And for context, "what he'd just done" was ge
Melanie (mells_view)
I can’t believe I just let a… a… caveman dry hump the shit out of me, and now I’m checking him out… I need to see a therapist when I get rescued,

This book gave Tarzan/The Hills Have Eyes, but make it erotic romance with a laundry list of triggers. Did I like this book?! I’m not sure. It was fascinating and I couldn’t put it down. If you enjoyed Ice Planet Barbarians, but wished it had more violence/dubious content, then you’ll love this story.

TW: dubcon/noncon, captivity, near death experience,
☘ Lily ☘
Don't mind me. It was entertaining as fuck.

Also very Transcendence like. Which honestly, I need more of.
TheBookPlatypus
May 31, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Inna
D.D. Prince
Jun 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
If you loved Transcendence by Shay Savage and / or if you really just want a j/p growly alpha cinnamon roll caveman in your life that is relentless in his pursuit to plant babies in her... definitely read this.
DemetraP
May 31, 2022 rated it liked it
The book had some very steamy scenes. But there were so many loose ends and the epilogue was very unsatisfying. I was frustrated at how very little we know.

SPOIELR SPOILER SPOILER

Heroine and her friends go down the wrong river bend while kayaking. They get separated.

Hero finds her after she loses her kayak and is covered in water and brings her back to his cave where he lives with his tribe. We never find out more about hero's tribe or where they came from. They talk and hero frequently walks on
Tabatha Reed
May 30, 2022 rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2022 rated it really liked it
What did I just read and why did I absolutely love it?

I don’t even know how to feel right now. But pure shock that I enjoyed this as much as I did.

I never wanted it to end and I’m still thinking about it…

The only reason I’m giving it 4/5 stars is because I wish the language barrier was breached & the chapters weren’t so long.
〰️Kara〰️
Jun 09, 2022 rated it liked it
3.5⭐️ I need the next book NOW!!!!!!!!
~ Caveman (no, actually)
~ Breeding Kink 🤤
Mandy’s Book Reviews
Jun 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This was such a unique story I’ve never read anything like it before but I loved it! The writing is beautiful it’s emotional and captivating it sucked me into this magical world and I didn’t want to leave! I absolutely loved Rowe and Kate and definitely would love to see more of them but I am satisfied with how it ended definitely wasn’t what I was expecting from a Dylan Page romance but that’s the beauty of this story.
Jessica 🌹
Jun 01, 2022 rated it liked it
3 stars.

So much wasted potential.
It started with a bang, the writing was good and the story interesting. Highly recommended Trascendance fans.
If only there was more development and not just the good 'ol insta-love/body betraying sindrome that made the heroine adjust and gave up to her world/life so easily.
That’s probably just me and my picky 🍑 in my usual slump.

Alexandra (literaryalexandra)
If a book is taking place in 1975…then like why is she saying “preggers” - so many word choices that I’m sure we’re not around in the 70s lolol

I started this with very high hopes. Given that I just read Transcendence (another primitive romance) I was excited but this left me wanting more.

I felt that this could have been edited down a lot. It started off strong 4 girls on kayak trip get lost in a national park. They get separated and she’s found by primitive group of people.

I guess where it felt
Tori Kleine
May 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I didn't really have much of an idea about Rowe and what to expect when I first started reading. The blurb was a bit ambiguous. But I have fallen in love with everything Dylan writes, and I knew, without a doubt, that I just needed to read it, and I'd end up loving it.

I wasn't wrong.

I want to rave about the world building, but I can't decide what I want to say. This is a deceptively simple world, but the details, layers, and nuance all worked together to make me crave more.

I went through periods
nicole
May 30, 2022 rated it liked it
This rating is purely based on how addictive this story was.

I couldn’t put it down. I mean take an aggressive, primitive caveman who SPEAKS NO ENGLISH that falls in love with a woman lost on a hike and claims her as his own???? I am weak. And yes I know how insane that is don’t even get me started 😤

But I did have some issues with the plot - AND BEFORE YOU BERATE ME OVER HAVING PLOT ISSUES FROM A BOOK THAT’S TARZAN MEETS ICE PLANET BARBARIANS, THE PREMISE MADE ME WANT MORE FROM IT OK????

The begi
Alysha
May 13, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of beta reading this book and I absolutely LOVED it! It's definitely different than other books I've read and that's what I really enjoyed. It follows Kate as her and her 3 friends take off on a kayaking adventure. They get a little turned around and end up in dangerous waters. Next thing Kate knows is she is waking up on the side of the river freezing cold. She calls for her friends but no response. She also doesn't see her stuff or her kayak anywhere. She wanders around try ...more
Melanie
Jun 04, 2022 rated it liked it
While I love the premise of this little number (a hot cave man alpha gimme 😍) this book was just mildly entertaining. I think I would have enjoyed a little more world building. Towards the end I found myself skimming through the pages bored. The ending was sweet with Rowe and Kate, but alas I thought it was predictable and needed a little more spice!
Stephanie
May 31, 2022 rated it really liked it
Any time I can find a romance along the veins of my all time favorite, Transcendence, I am extra excited. We have a caveman and his tribe and Kate, separated from her girlfriends in the middle of nowhere. I loved the language barrier and them trying to figure each other out. The steam was on point and the side characters were great. I just didn’t care for the last 15ish percent, as it didn’t really lead anywhere. I felt like Rowe and Kate’s romance really took a back seat once the dust settled a ...more
Emily
May 31, 2022 rated it it was ok
this had SO much potential but the writing was just not it 😥
Jun 12, 2022 rated it liked it
primitive caveman romance/ meh 🫤

….. idk really what to say about this one. I didn’t hate it, I liked it but I didn’t love it. I get why so many people wondered why this was set in the 70s? Not sure? Maybe they wanted lack of internet/tech? Or just to be able to use the few 70s terms thrown in.
-caveman H whose actually super sweet. I really loved Rowe. He washes her, feeds her, carry’s her.
-primitive H, regular h
-h is a young adult on a kayak trip who goes over a waterfall and her and her frie
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Goodreads Librari...: please add page count 1 6 Jun 21, 2022 11:16PM

• Society of Psychos (Dead Men Walking #2)
  • The Beast (Monsters and Beauties, 1)
  • Lust (Seven Sins, #2)
  • The Death Club (Dead Men Walking #1)
  • United in Ashes (Woodsboro Duet, #2)
  • Tamed (Claimed & Tamed #2)
  • Twisted in Flames (Woodsboro Duet, #1)
  • Blade of Iris (Mafia Wars #6)
  • King of Carnage (From the Ashes, #1)
  • Pride (Seven Sins, #7)
  • Reject Me (Immortal Vices and Virtues, #1)
  • A Vicious Rumor
  • Our Thing (Kids of The District #1)
  • Saved by the Mountain Man (Montana Mountain Men, #5)
  • Vile Bastards (Scarlett Force, #3)
  • Muscles & Monsters (Leviathan Fitness, #1)
  • King of Ruin (The Wicked Wonderland Duet, #2)
  • Claimed (Claimed & Tamed #1)
See top shelves…
When Dylan was younger, she always had an aspiration to tell stories. But before she even knew how to write, she would draw them out. Her mother always encouraged her, and bought her piles of blank notebooks for her to draw out the stories she imagined in her head. Her dad encouraged her to use her words instead. Over the years, he pushed her into writing clubs and bought her notebooks so she coul ...more