Start by marking “Chocolate Secrets” as Want to Read:
Chocolate Secrets

Chocolate Secrets (Love by Chocolate #4)

3.47  ·  Rating details ·  74 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews

When the Martinelli family chocolate shop display goes up in flames at a Brooklyn street fair, fate throws Alex Martinelli and Mike Simone together. Alex, an ER nurse with a passion for reading her daily horoscope has several valid reasons not to get involved with Mike, a NYC firefighter. An alliance between a true water sign and a man whose element is ruled by fire makes

Hardcover, Large Print, 269 pages
Published February 1st 2009 by Thorndike Press

To ask other readers questions about Chocolate Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chocolate Secrets

Donnie
Jan 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good romance. I love chocolate and I loved this story.
Sweet and enjoyable. :)
Mae Clair
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like chocolate? Zelda Benjamin has whipped up a sweet tale involving everyone’s favorite confection.

ER nurse, Alex Martinelli, has sworn never to become romantically involved with a fireman after watching her father suffer health complications as a result of the job. Her beloved grandfather, Max, has a hard and fast rule that family members should have nothing to do with anyone whose last name is Simone. Although Max won’t say why, he’s adamant they’re all no good swindlers and thieves. When a h
Nd
Aug 27, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I picked this up looking for another author and thinking it was a light mystery I could take up to the mountains for the weekend. Turns out it's a romance, but there are enough twists and turns that makes a good vacation read. It's Brooklyn in a quasi-modern day setting, and it involves chocolate, a feud between the grandfathers of heroine Alex Martinelli and firefighter Mike Simone. The big question is what the feud is really about and whether Alex can overcome her resolve in a number of areas ...more
Tabitha Jones
Apr 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was simply delicious. Sweet and romantic with a bit of a family twist. The book is based on a lost or stolen chocolate recipe that has made two families dislike one another. That is until Er Nurse Alex and NYC Firefighter Mike cross paths. If you believe in signs this book is just right for you. I loved it.
Breanna
Jul 05, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I enjoyed this book. It was a clean romance overall. There was one short part that was a bit suggestive, though. I was a bit disappointed about that. Other than that brief part, the romance was clean.
This was a fun book to read. It had great characters and besides- who doesn't want to read a book with a hot firefighter in it? :)
Angela
Feb 17, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Haven't read a strictly romance in a long time so I was very pleased with the depth of this one PLUS all the chocolate! I would not consider this a strictly romance novel because of all the mystery elemnts. Good characters and a nice plat esp. the astrology angle. Hope to read more by this author.
Amanda
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The only thing that kept me reading this book was the mention of chocolate. While there was potential with the two main characters — and several of the supporting characters — the very thin plot and the astrology theme left me shaking my head.
Susanne
Jan 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
I choked on the cheesiness of this book. The descriptions contradicted themselves throughout the book. It's a cute romance and a fun story line.
Amy
Mar 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty good. I had a hard time getting sucked in with this book like I hope to be in a good romance.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
A pediatric ER nurse with a passion for reading, writing and traveling. I am a member of RWA and FRW. Both organizations have played an important part in my writing career.
I grew up in Brooklyn, NY and set my Love by Chocolate series in a popular Brooklyn neighborhood.
More about Zelda Benjamin...

Love by Chocolate (6 books)
  • Chocolate & Sensibility (Love by Chocolate Romance)
  • Chocolate Couture
  • Chocolate Muse (A Love by Chocolate Romance) (A Chocolate Romance)
  • Chocolate Magic