Start by marking “His Secondhand Wife (The Copper Creek Brides #2)” as Want to Read:
His Secondhand Wife (The Copper Creek Brides #2)

His Secondhand Wife

(The Copper Creek Brides #2)

Noah Cutter was a man of his word-

Scarred in body and soul, rancher Noah didn't consider himself fit company for anyone. But when his brother's philandering finally caught up with him, honor dictated that Noah claim his brother's widow as his own.

Noah was about the most intimidating man Katherine had ever seen. Yet though one man's false promises had already dashed her d

Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Published June 28th 2005 by Harlequin Historical (first published February 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about His Secondhand Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Secondhand Wife

Start your review of His Secondhand Wife (The Copper Creek Brides #2)
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Noah Cutter is one of my favorite heroes of all time. What a beautiful man and a beautiful love story.
NMmomof4
Oct 07, 2020 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was alright. I was expecting more tbh. Seems to be the story of my life with books rn 🤦🏻‍♀️. It was a beauty and the beast type dynamic since the H was scarred from an accident when he was young. I felt for him and I wanted to smack the horrible step-mother multiple times. I also appreciated the h’s sunny disposition and outlook on life. I just wanted more. There wasn’t anything that stood out as something I really disliked, it just was...alright 🤷🏻‍♀️

Brief Summary
Ruth
Apr 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read from Cheryl St. John, and it has left me wanting to read more of her books. I thought she did an excellent job of engaging me in a tender and beautiful love story. Kate had married Levi Cutter, but after a couple of weeks, he told her he needed to find a good job and would come back for her. After five months of his absence, his brother, Noah shows up to tell her that Levi was shot. Kate soon realizes that Levi had no intention of coming back to her since he was ...more
Ezinwanyi Chinyere
4.5 stars.
I loved this one. It was sweet with a bit angst and just satisfying. In this story, Noah Cutter finds out his brother and co-owner of their family ranch was shot dead leaving a pregnant wife. Noah does the honorable thing and offers Katherine a place at the Ranch to leave for both protection and familial obligation. After all Levi's unborn child will inherit the ranch someday.

Katherine and Noah then begin this journey to define her place there and in the process begin to form a bond t
Vintage
Another sweet second chance Beauty and the Beast romance from St. John. Here the heroine was married and widowed to a weak scoundrel. His older half-brother steps in for a MOC to help her and her baby.

What are the problems? The H was horribly scarred as a child and has avoided all human contact as much as possible. The meddling of the absolutely toxic stepmother to the H is what initiates the marriage.

H is sufficiently shut down and broody and the heroine’s lighthearted and optimistic look at li
Rachel
Overall rating: 4.5 stars!!!

Triggers:
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Love triangle: (view spoiler)
Sex with om/ow: (view spoiler)

HEA: (view spoiler)

My review:

This was such a gem of a read! After reading a few books that I didn't r
Preeti ♥︎ Her Bookshelves
A simple heartwarming story that makes you happy having read it, having known these characters.
The H literally made my heart squeeze and ache several times through this book.
One of those strong, silent, gentle types who are emotionally scarred but never take it out on others. He deserved all the happiness and love that the h could give him and more, and it made me happy to read a story that enabled these two to find their way to each other. *happy sigh*
Giorgia ~ Reads
Good enough but repetitive. The hero annoyed me with his attitude and his self imposed seclusion because he was scarred in an accident. I understand insecurity but this was too much.
Deborah
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it

Sweet slow building romance.

I've read a lot of darker books lately so when a friend recommended this and I'd checked out the synopsis I decided to give it a go and I'm so glad I did it's been a nice change since it's a beautiful slow building romance set back in April 1890.
Katherine had married Levi Cutter after a whirlwind romance and for the first couple of weeks it was great but then Levi grew restless and started to stay out more and then under the guise of looking for work he disappears com
Fani *loves angst*
I really liked this heartwarming and also intense romance between two people who were so perfect for each other. The story had me hooked from start and there were passages that moved me immensely. However, both the hero's and heroine's insecurities went on for a bit longer than I deemed necessary, thus creating undue frustration near the end. Also, a few issues I had with the plot's credibility kept me from rating it with 5 stars. Still, a very sweet and tender romance that I'm glad I r
Zoe
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I sense that I am coming to the end of my recent reading spree of the western romances.

Cheryl St. John writes beautifully. I enjoyed reading her stories. That being said, I was kind of bored reading this supposedly riveting book. The premise in interesting enough. Widow of an irresponsible younger brother, aka the pregnant heroine, met the responsible older brother, aka the virgin hero. For whatever reasons, they thought getting married was a good idea, seeing how Noah was supposed to take care
Sometime
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet story about 2 people who really need each other, they just have to let down their guard enough to admit it. The sweet and sunny h was lied to and abandoned by her husband and has lots of insecurities. The H was badly injured in an accident when he was 13 and is very self conscious about his scars. There was a bit too much of repetitive "he doesn't love me" and "my scars are too ugly" round and around, but the H/h were very cute together. The last few chapters were very romantic a ...more
Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful)

3 SWEET & SIMPLE STARS

“She had the ability to humble him. Not shame him. Never to shame him. This was a new feeling. And it would take some getting used to. He hoped the feeling, and Katherine, stayed and that he had a chance to get used to both of them.”
~ Noah Cutter. His Secondhand Wife.

Sometimes, when reading books about the bigotry, small-mindedness, and meanness of mankind; a modest story about the importance of treating others with dignity, kindness, and respect can be mor
Tandie
This was so sweet and squishy! Noah was horribly scarred when he was young and has become a total hermit, rarely leaving his ranch. His womanizing, charmer of a brother, Levi, gets himself shot by a jealous husband. Cheatin' dead Levi had a wife that he abandoned 5 months ago, so hermit bro goes to inform her.

Noah finds Kate living in poverty, working herself to the bone, with a super-mean mother. Kate has his loser bro's baby baking in her oven, so he whisks her off to his cowboy ranch. He's a
Ilaria reads too much :)
Ok I love grumpy and introverted hero but Noah is too much
Nice but not superbe
3 stars
Katrina Passick Lumsden
I can't help but think this would have been a much pleasanter read without all of the 'woe is me'ing from Noah. When our hero spends 98% of the story feeling sorry for himself...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Nefise
It was very sweet and pure story that I qite like every part of it. Though, unfortunately, it was not a 5 stars either.
Tricia Len
I loved this book! Noah Cutter is one of the very best heroes ever. I just loved this love story.

description
Alex
Noah Cutter is surprised when he finds not only that his younger brother Levi has gotten himself killed but that he also left behind a wife he told no one about.

Driven by his sense of duty, Noah locates Katherine and finds her working at a laundry house, poor and pregnant and without the support of her mother. So, Noah does the honorable thing and asks her to come with him to his ranch, where she and the baby will be safe and provided for.

Katherine isn't sure if she can believe Noah, after all h
Linda (not getting friends updates at this time)
HIS SECONDHAND WIFE is the second book in the Copper Creek series. SWEET ANNIE is the first. There is quite a bit to like about Noah Cutter and his deceased brother's widow, Kate.

Levi Cutter, Kate's husband, was suppose to be looking for work. She hadn't seen him in several months. Noah claimed his body when he was shot dead. The reason? Another man had caught him with his wife. At the same time Levi had left a very-pregnant Kate alone.

Noah, who was severely scarred over most of his body, offe
Carrie
An emotional read about a young pregnant widow taken in by her physically and emotionally scarred brother-in-law. Better than average writing and characterization. The author sets the scenes well and the dialog is smooth and natural. Both main characters are mistaken about the other one's motives, but the reasons behind the mistakes are believable (and not unkind), so the plot device works here. Although there was tension between Noah and Katherine, the author could have build more tension and g ...more
SheLove2Read
Nov 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Lovely romance about two people who yearn to belong to someone. Loved it.
Dawn

I do so love my scarred heros. Of course having read so many HR books with them at this point, I am a little more critical of them.

This was a nice sweet read. The problem is that I didn't feel the love.

Katy was married to handome Levi until Levi's rakish ways got him shot by a man who didn't like him messing with his wife. Katy, not knowing she married a liar and a cheat is told of Levi's death by his brother Noah when he shows up at her house. Noah unlike his handsome brother, has sca
Kylie
Feb 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
I think this review will speak for itself:

Read this book yesterday and I couldn't tell you plot or names of characters.

*Oh yeah...attack by barbed-wire...virgin hero(giggles)...obnoxiously chatty woman...true love(small tear) ;)
Miriam
This book would've been 5 stars if it was like 50 pages less and not filled with the heroines repetitive reflections on how she wants to feel useful and wanted. How she doesn't want to be a burden blah blah blah,,,,

MBR
One of those beautiful love stories that makes you feel good inside.
My review: http://bit.ly/bAbQIM
Jac K
Feb 24, 2021 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars
Man, was this a change of pace from my last read with a kinky Tarzan. 😏 His Secondhand Wife takes place in 1890’s Colorado (Copper Creek is a beautiful area if you ever find your way out there) and tells the story of Noah and Katherine (Katy) Cutter. Katy was married to Noah’s brother (Levi) a womanizer that left her pregnant. When he dies, Noah brings her home with him.

This is a SLOW burn between two very likeable characters. They have both had very tough lives, but have very differen
AG Reads
Jun 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hr, cowboys-ranchers
I enjoyed this one more than Sweet Annie, the first book in The Coppercreek Brides. Katy and Noah were both good characters and the reader could see them grow both individually and as a couple through the book.

Lack of communication was the main source of the drama in the story, and at times it got to be too much. However, considering how they came to be together, I could deal with it better going on for so long in this book than in most. I expected Katherine's mother to play a bigger part after
Mariana

Definitely plan to read more by this author.
MissKitty
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh I love finding new (to me) authors! Another wonderful gentle love story.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• A Taste Of Heaven
  • Simple Jess (Marrying Stone, #2)
  • The Texan's Wager (Wife Lottery, #1)
  • Harper's Bride
  • Always to Remember
  • The Wives of Bowie Stone
  • Morning Glory
  • Cherish
  • Silver Lining
  • Night in Eden
  • Without Words
  • The Milch Bride (Western Wives, #1)
  • The Bridal Veil
  • A Texan's Luck (Wife Lottery, #3)
  • When a Texan Gambles (Wife Lottery, #2)
  • The Promise of Jenny Jones
  • Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold
  • Sweet Lullaby
Cheryl is the author of more than fifty historical and contemporary romances. Her stories have earned numerous RITA nominations, Romantic Times awards and are published in over a dozen languages.

In describing her stories of second chances and redemption, readers and reviewers use words like, “emotional punch, hometown feel, core values, believable characters and real-life situations.”

With a 4.9 s

The Copper Creek Brides (2 books)
  • Sweet Annie (The Copper Creek Brides #1)