Start by marking “Dragon Dawn (Dragon Keeper, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Dragon Dawn (Dragon Keeper, #0.5)

Dragon Dawn

(Dragon Keeper 0.5)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  857 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Dragon Dawn
Prequel to the Dragonkeeper trilogy

Danzi is not quite 1000 years old. He’s a youngster in dragon terms.

His old and infirm Dragonkeeper has just died. The dragon is sad at his friend’s passing, but also looking forward to some solo adventures.

There is much unrest in the world of men. The states that will eventually merge to become the Chinese Empire are at war. D
204 pages
Published by Black Dog Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Dawn

Jody Ellis
Sep 26, 2015 rated it liked it
A beautiful take on the Chinese dragon and the concept of dragon keepers. The story was gentle and beautiful and I would read this to my five year old son because there is nothing unsuitable contained.

The concept of dragon keepers was beautiful and the way they have particular attributes that make them a keeper. I loved that it was exclusive to two families in China only and that it is educational for history and Chinese tradition and society. Young adult readers will learn without realising as
Mirrani
Apr 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
I must admit to being disappointed with Dragon Dawn. While I enjoyed the story it seemed to be only a small fraction of what it could have been. A good portion of the book is not actually the story at all, but is a reference guide called the Dragon Alphabet, which tells some of the history of Dragons in China. It is a good idea and I found it informative, but having so much of the book filled with this general information takes away from the story itself. It feels almost as if the author was try ...more
Jenny (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
** 3.5 stars **

This book was just okay for me. It was a good enough read, and is only one hundred pages so I finished it quickly. But it is meant to be a prequel to the Dragonkeeper series, and because the book was so short I felt like the plot wasn't developed as well as it could have been and for me it really didn't add anything to the series.
Tom
Mar 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is a prologue for the Dragon keeper series. It is short enough, and you don't need to read this before the rest of the series. This book was written in a a way, were you will read it once and pick up some infomation, then the next time you pick up more. I think that kids roundabout 11 can read this seriers.
Linda
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved the way she described scenes with liquid fluency. Magic book that takes you back to old times in China flying high on the wings of a dragon. You get to love Danzi the dragon who has his worries and his magic moments. Can't wait to read "Dragonkeeper" now.
Oriana Garcia
Oct 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I think it was pretty good! I like how its the epilouge of all the dragon keeper books, and it shows how danzi has changed and how he used to talk A LOT. and Now he is really quiet... :( I wish it would have been longer though... :'(
Alex Stclair
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Amazing as a book that has surprise around every corner
Jess
Oct 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
short and sweet
Madreader
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was short but good!!!! it gave you more of an idea of Long Danzi when he was younger.
Amina
Mar 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Nice read... a bit kiddish but I enjoyed it nonetheless :)
Sam
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really liked it
travelmel
Jul 27, 2009 marked it as to-read
Shelves: bail
this is a "prequel" to a series she is finishing. It's not available at our library so she needs to do an ILL
Eva Moore
May 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I don't think it was as good a some of the other books in the series but it had to be short it would have been hard.
Kirsty
May 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I don't remember much of this novella
James Cafferky
Nov 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
A wonderful prequel.
Tahlia
Nov 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Really Cool!
Harry Cathcart
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book and I would have loved it even more if I hadn't read the sequels before it. It was exiting and left each chapter making me want to read more.
Hααℓєу♡  Ƒιѕнєя
This book was very short and not much happened. It is a prequel that is meant to introduce yo to the characters. It was interesting though. I look forward to the main books in the series
Regan ♥
Apr 12, 2010 rated it liked it
Good, but too short for my liking. Didn't have the same affect most Carole Wilkinson books do.
Jacob Li
Oct 23, 2010 rated it liked it
Short but interesting prequel to the trilogy.
Vanessa Mozayani
Jan 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Read this book in preparation for reading with my class. A magical story telling the history of dragons. It is the prequel to a dragon trilogy by Carole Wilkinson. A great quick read.
Nicole Crowe
Whiteroses
rated it it was ok
Nov 03, 2011
The Dragon's Lair: Dragon Dawn 1 6 Apr 21, 2013 07:39AM
  • Black Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #3)
  • Alien on a Rampage (Intergalactic Bed and Breakfast, #2)
  • The Dragon Diary (Dragonology Chronicles, #2)
  • The Circle of Stone (The Darkest Age, #3)
  • The Princess of Trelian
  • The Dragon of Never-Was (Hatching Magic, #2)
  • The Cat's Eye Shell (Chain of Charms #4)
  • The Relic Hunters (Grey Griffins: The Clockwork Chronicles, #2)
  • The Dark Planet (Atherton, #3)
  • Nanberry: Black Brother White
  • The Taste of Lightning
  • Hopper's Destiny (Mouseheart, #2)
  • All in the Blue Unclouded Weather (The Melling Sisters, #1)
  • The Fire Ascending (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #7)
  • Fallowblade (The Crowthistle Chronicles, #4)
  • Ultimate Magic (Merlin Saga, #8)
  • The Wizard of Rondo (Rondo, #2)
Carole was born in England in 1950. Her family moved to Australia when she was 12. She now lives in Melbourne, with her husband John.
Carole didn't start writing until she was nearly 40. Before that, she worked as a laboratory assistant, working with a lot of blood and brains. Once she’d decided to try and become a writer, she went to university. She wrote a lot while she was there including her f

Dragon Keeper (6 books)
  • Dragon Keeper (Dragon Keeper, #1)
  • Garden of the Purple Dragon (Dragon Keeper, #2)
  • Dragon Moon (Dragon Keeper, #3)
  • Blood Brothers (Dragon Keeper, #4)
  • Shadow Sister (Dragon Keeper, #5)
  • Bronze Bird Tower (Dragon Keeper, #6)