Start by marking “Lara (Reynolds Ranch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lara (Reynolds Ranch, #1)

Lara

(Reynolds Ranch #1)

Going away to college was supposed to be a way to escape overbearing men trying to claim me. Still, I ran right into the king of security, thinking I could get past his guards.

I strolled into his party uninvited, thinking I’d had the upper hand. I was sorely mistaken, deliciously sore—and craving more. Landon Black sees, takes, and retains. The thing is, I need his possess
Published May 24th 2022 by The Steele Press

To ask other readers questions about Lara, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lara

Start your review of Lara (Reynolds Ranch, #1)
C.M. Steele
May 10, 2022 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
💛 REYNOLDS RANCH SERIES 💛
Book 1, LARA
Available now on all platforms: https://books2read.com/u/47QK0L

Book 2, TOBIAS
Available now on all platforms: https://books2read.com/u/bWEZ7Y

Lisa D
May 21, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to be honest that this was hard to read. The transitions between paragraphs were very choppy, sections were repeated from a different POV and details (like events or character names) were left out. I liked Landon and the premise was great. But who picks an 18 year old and decides to marry her without talking to her? The character interactions were really good but it was too choppy for me.

Granger McGringot
Overall score: 3.5 instalove stars
BookFox
Tracey Crawford
May 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All around excellent read. Nicely written with great characters in a sweet and intense storyline. Fast paced. Easy read. I cant wait to read more.

Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
May 24, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This is my first time reading this author and I really enjoyed this age-gap, romance between Landon who is 28 and Lara who is 18. Its an insta love romance and very hot, sexy and sweet.

Landon is a club owner and he meets college student, Lara when she sneaks in with her college roommate to his club. From the second he sees her, he knows she is meant to be his. But Lara doesn't feel that way until she gets to know him.

There are no bad guys in this story. Its a fun and sexy story about insta love
Cherie Snyder
May 23, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lara is a country girl from a ranch in Montana. She's always had dreams of leaving the ranch for a bigger city. With her brother living in Chicago, she decides that it's the perfect place to go to college. Only problem is, Lara has the ability to always find herself in trouble. When she and her dorm roommate sneak into a gala, she has no idea what awaits her. Landon Black takes security very seriously. But, when he see a beautiful brunette sneak into his event, he knows that she is his future. L ...more
Syd Springer
Shelves: arc
Ms. C.M. is back again and to me, has another hit on her hands. I thought Lara and Landon were wonderful together. I really enjoyed the connection and chemistry between these two. There is some drama in this book but Landon and Lara get a great HEA. I really enjoyed this book and I would recommend it and Ms. C.M. as a wonderful author.

Bego
May 17, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lara is eager to leave the ranch and go to Chicago, she’s bored and not a farm girl at heart.
Landon is a billionaire that runs a security firm from Chicago. He’s having a fundraiser party and there he sees Lara, and falls for her immediately.
Lara sneaks in at the party with her roommate, or so they think, but it was Landon telling his men to allow them to enter. He knows that Lara is his one, and nothing and nobody is going to take her from him.
This is an insta-love story with a OTT possessive a
Rachel
May 23, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I had a book of CM Steele's on my KU for about two months now and held of reading it.
Glad I did because this book was book one in the series.
I loved this book because Lara was one of her more feistier heroines she's ever written and I loved the snark and drama throughout.
CM Steele is one of my favorite authors and I love reading her books!
Shyla Wright
May 20, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Landon Black takes his job of security very seriously but when he lays eyes on Lara he knows she will be his. Lara sneaks in at the party with her roommate, or so they think, but it was Landon telling his men to allow them to enter. Landon and Lara were super sexy together and I loved them.
Cynthia Khan
May 15, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Book 1 of Reynolds Ranch. This is a story for Lara Reynolds and Landon Black. That is one way to become a stalker and find your one true love all in one go. I loved how danger finds Lara and she saves herself. I loved Landon’s caveman attitude and his obsession with Lara.

Robin
May 14, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CM Steele has such a way with those growly, alpha, overprotective heroes and I am so totally here for it! Landon Black is all of that and a total badass, good guy who is maybe just a little morally gray. And he is just perfect for Lara, who is not destined to be the typical happy homemaker. Ms Steele kept me on my toes with this story, trying to guess the “bad guy” - plenty of options! And wow! Landon and Lara have so much chemistry - very hot! Must read!
Amos24601
May 13, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, mf
It’s been a little while since I’ve read a CM Steele book, and this one drew me right in. I loved how impulsive Lara was. I even liked how growly and possessive Landon was. Then it all kind of just went off the rails.

I really like the concept of some growly alpha guy seeing “his” woman and claiming her. It’s all very fantastical. Landon was every bit the alpha. Strong, sexy, possessive, rich. He fit the bill perfectly. Even Lara was a mostly strong female lead. Landon and Lara were super sexy t
Amyb1975
May 27, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book right here is why I LOVE to read.

It's no secret that CM Steele is one of my favorite authors and this book is just one example of why. As usual, the H is very possessive and obsessed with the h at first sight, there is no drama from any ex-girlfriends or lovers and the H isn't a MW. While I love those things, what pushes me right into the 10 star rating is when the H cries over the h or he has to grovel because of a misunderstanding. I adore reading that and I do believe my top favorit
Hanna Barker
May 25, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book number 1 of the Reynolds Ranch series and focuses on Landon and Lara. Landon is a successful business owner and when he throws a charity party, the last thing he expects to find there is the love of his life sneaking into the party and into his heart. Lara has a knack for mischief and she sure gives it to Landon in spades. Landon knew from the first glance that she was his absolute obsession and that she was going to be his wife as fast as he could convince her to marry him. I loved ...more
Lisa Parker
May 30, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lara had no idea when she went away to college she was about to meet the more overbearing of men. When she talked her friend into sneaking into a party with her, that it would bring her into the sight of Landon Black. The two girls only made it into the party as he saw her and knew she would be the mother of his children.

Landon knew the two were sneaking in but let them in as the dark haired beauty was about to have a name change if he had anything to say about it. She becomes is obsession, to k
World Of Books 65
May 23, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hot-hot-hot
3.5 * RATING

Lara is very single-minded she knew that she wanted to go away from her families farm and go to the city for college, she has a very singled minded approach to life that `I loved, she doesn’t confirm, but 18 and only in college a matter of weeks she is about to meet her match in 28-year-old billionaire Landon, from the moment Lara gatecrashed one of his parties he knew he was looking at the woman who he wanted to be his wife when these two strong-willed people come together the chemi
F
May 25, 2022 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not really a book for me. It has potential in terms of content, I like the way Lara and Landon meet. I find the writing style annoying, a bit unpractised and abrupt. I don't think the characters are well developed. Conversations, reactions and developments I found too oversimplified.
I wouldn't call it a bad book, but for me too boring and generally not an entertaining story.
When entrepreneur Landon sees sudente Lara, he knows she is his future wife, but they have to face some obstacles before. L
Kirsty
Jun 01, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is everything you need and want and crave in a romance book. I really loved both main characters and their first meeting was great! I love every interaction they had and you could feel their connection and chemistry jumping off the pages at you. The storyline had really good pace that kept you hooked right until the end. I loved the little bit of drama and the protectiveness, this actually made the storyline better as it showed the strength of their connection and relationship. I can see my ...more
Michelle
Lara is book one in the Reynolds Ranch series and is Lara and Landon's story. Landon is having a charity party and Lara and a friend sneak in. From the moment Landon sees Lara he is obsessed with her and he knew that she would be his wife one day. Now he just needs to convince her. I loved the chemistry between Lara and Landon and I was cheering them on to get their happily ever after. This is a well written age gap romance with likable characters, and a fun and entertaining story. This is book ...more
Michelle
May 18, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed Landon and Lara's story. Lara and her college roommate sneak into a fundraising party hosted by Billionaire Landon Black. Landon takes his job of security very seriously but when he lays eyes on Lara he drawn to her. He knows they are under the age restriction to enter the party but he tells his security team to let them in. This is a quick insta-love story with an over the top alpha male and his strong sassy woman.

*I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Gladys
May 19, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There was a whole lot I liked about this book and a couple things I didn't. Overall though I thought this was a really good read. I felt that Landon was quite hot and wicked swoon worthy. Lara was very likable and sassy. This couple had great chemistry and generated plenty of sparks and sizzle. I adore age gap romance and melt for a protective. alpha male that knows what he wants when he sees it, so that was all amazing. The story itself was fun and for the most part OTT in a good way. I am post ...more
Kari Hansen
May 24, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lara adventurous spirit has her leaving home to attend college in Chicago. This same spirit has her attending a social event that she wasn’t invited to where she meets her match in Landon.

Landon is a successful businessman who knew that he and Lara were meant to be together before they even met. Now that she is in his life there is nothing he won’t do keep her there and that includes protecting her from the forces who want to keep them apart.

Lara’s sassy personality is a perfect challenge for th
Amy
May 26, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
C.M. Steele has done it again! Lara was a smoking hot read that once I began reading I simply couldn't put it down. Lara loves her family but life on her family's ranch is not enough for her. She has always had a wild streak. She catch's Landon's eye when she and her roommate sneak into Landon Black's party. One look and Landon knows she belongs to him. Lara Reynolds, soon to be Lara Black will soon learn that what Landon wants, Landon gets! If you like OTT possessive men willing to do anything ...more
Рут
May 29, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristianna
May 24, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the country girl meets billionaire troupe! Let alone when this billionaire is beyond obsessed at first sight. I loved Landon and Laura together. She was so sassy it was hilarious and Landon took it all in stride. The ending epilogue felt a bit out of nowhere and didn’t seem to add to the story but otherwise great read!.

Sabrina Flachsmann
This was a fun, quick read. Lara sneaks into a social event Landon is running security for. He knows she isn't supposed to be there but can't stop himself from taking her once he notices her. He is definitely an alpha hero but Lara is country woman strong. The chasing and chemistry between these two is fun. Good read!.

May 26, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Landon knows instantly that Lara is meant to be his wife. I love that he was so sure and had to win Lara over. I loved the development of their relationship. I loved that the book focused on their relationship and some of the challenges they had to overcome. This was a fun lighthearted read! I would recommend this story.

Tina
May 28, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lara is going to Chicago to start college, she talks her roommate into sneaking into a party! Only she never expected to meet and fall for gorgeous security expert Landon! Landon sees beautiful Lara and knows she’s trying to sneak into his party, now that he has found her he is never letting her go! Can they find their happily ever after? Great book that I would highly recommend!.

• Sacked (The New York Nighthawks, #1)
  • Guardian's Obsession
  • Protecting Zoey
  • Beauty and the Billionaire
  • The Lawyer (Silver Spoon MC)
  • Interception (The New York Nighthawks, #2)
  • Protective Beast
  • His Will
  • The Billionaire's Big Bold Wonder: An Age Gap BBW Romance (The Billionaires' Club)
  • The Heir
  • Best Friend's Secret Baby
  • Desert Island
  • Dirty Talker (Filthy Dirty Summer)
  • The Boss's Runaway
  • Accidental Hero (Heart of a Wounded Hero)
  • Her Grizzly (Shifted Love Series Book 9)
  • Until May (Until Her/Him, #11)
  • Waxing His Board (Filthy Dirty Summer)

Reynolds Ranch (2 books)
  • Tobias (Reynolds Ranch, #2)