Start by marking “The Forgiving Hour” as Want to Read:

The Forgiving Hour

Twelve years ago, Claire Porter thought her entire life was over when she learned that her husband, Dave, was having an affair with a young college student. Following their divorce, Claire started over, including changing back to her maiden name of Conway.

Published March 15th 2016 by RobinSong, Inc. (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Forgiving Hour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forgiving Hour

Luzia Bielefeld *BookWhore BR*
Dana Carrier
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a hard concept to convey...

Forgiveness is so hard portray in print, even harder in life. Yet Robin has crafted a path through the darkness. She has laid out everything I needed to understand about letting go of the past and letting God guide my future. Thank you. I needed this book.
Joleen
The Forgiving Hour begins with a shocking revelation, then goes back in time for the many events leading up to that moment. We see lives changed because of careless, avoidable sin. We see guilt and bitterness, and what that does, not only to individuals, but to those around them.

However, the book is not all like that. There are many lovely storylines of the changed lives for those who’ve come to Christ. The gospel is shared in a gripping way and there are radically changed hearts.

However, the ul
Kathryn
Jun 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paula Stiles
Jun 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Alexa
Sep 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A long time ago, but Robin really captures your interest. I remember reading this and it involved forgiveness to be had to move on.

Holds your interest.
Diana
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Truly An Unforgettable Novel!

In The Forgiving Hour, Robin Lee Hatcher has penned a gripping, riveting novel of betrayal and forgiveness, and the consequences of sin as far reaching as ripples in a stream.

Claire Porter is content with her life as a housewife and mother. In her comfortable home in Boise, Idaho, surrounded by tulips and daffodils, her 12 year old son, Dakota, and a handsome husband, what more could she ask for? Although not a Christian, Claire prides herself in being a good, loyal
Noel
May 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
Cindy
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome book that I'll definitely read again!!! I'm so glad I read it and wish I could give a copy to everyone I know. Why? Because we all need God's forgiveness and once we have that, we need to learn how to forgive others completely. Many of us only partially forgive, and often don't even realize there's more to it. But God doesn't just say to forgive others, He very specific. He tells us to forgive the same way He forgives us. It's all about relationship and reconciliation. He even tells us w ...more
Sandra
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The quote I picked: "The old woman hadn’t scolded Claire or condemned her. She had merely listened as Claire spilled out her heart, all the while holding her granddaughter’s hand and offering silent comfort. After a very long while, Ada had said, “Every foot is slow on an unknown path, my dear. Just face the sun and turn your back on the storm. It will all turn out right in the end.”
Hatcher, Robin Lee. The Forgiving Hour.

This book touched me in so many ways. It made my pulse speed up, my heart b
Debra
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Forgiving Hour

This story hit home for me. Thank you for it being free at this time. I would never had gotten it otherwise. I will re-read it again. This was about a faithful wife who had suspicions that her husband was not. She finds out about the one woman who was nineteen. He left his family. After the divorce mother and son moved on with their lives. But the past didn't want to stay in the past. This book has a very strong Christian based line of forgiveness in it. There were several peop
Sandy
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Forgiving Hour

What a wonderful story about mistakes and the people they can hurt, but most of all it is a truly great and comforting story of forgiveness. We all make mistakes and most of us have been guilty of harboring anger and even hatred in our hearts. Learning to let go of these feelings can be a long hard road. Sometimes we also have guilty feelings that make it hard to forgive ourselves for past mistakes. Let go and let God is the lesson we all need to learn. Great storyline and grea
Neecee
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW, Just WOW

From betrayal and ugly son to faithfulness and beauty, this journey has been personal. The facts are not the same but I see my own heart (good and bad) in Claire. I was intrigued from the prologue on, how could such a twisted, sordid chain of events be reconciled? God only God. He has used Robin Lee Hatcher to reach my spirit in ways I have been avoiding too long. I'm sure He is using this story to reach others as well, whether they relate to Claire, Sara , Dakota, Kevin or even Dav
Elizabeth
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Radical forgiveness

This story is one of forgiveness that is only possible through the miracle of Gods grace. Sara, Claire, and Dakota have a long journey through their pasts to come to a place where they can be a family without bitterness. Robin Lee Hatcher always shines in her ability to create characters that her readers can love and see themselves in. This is a story that everyone can understand because sin has broken every heart and divine forgiveness is a gift any believer can have through
Denise Troutman
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story about the pain of unforgiveness and the joy of forgiveness

I almost didn’t continue reading the book after reading the beginning. I stuck it out and was amazed at the depth of the emotions involved in a very difficult situation. It was truly a beautiful story with a great message of the importance and freedom in forgiveness. The best part was the comparison to Lazarus.
Bailey
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone should read this book! A heart-wrenching yet true-to-life story about the wretchedness of adultery, its effects on the husband, wife, child, and lover, and the struggles that each endure as Jesus helps them come to a point of real forgiveness.

“Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ has forgiven you.” - Ephesians 4:32

“...for My strength is made perfect in your weakness.” - 2 Corinthians 2:9b
Gay Lewis
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Intrigue

The author has the gift of imagination and uses it to create amazing stories. The theme In this one is forgiveness. I can't imagine a more heartbreaking circumstance. An unfaithful man leaves his son and wife. The son falls in love and learns a secret. I wish the widow in the story had told us more about Mikey's dad. I wondered if he had found forgiveness for his deeds. Good book.
Donna Engler
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
A story of forgiveness.

Only God could give us the gift of forgiveness. This amazing story shows how, with God, we not only can forgive others, we also can, and must, forgive ourselves. A beautiful love story with an unforgettable twist. I read it in one day and learned a lot from it. Enjoy!
Mary Beth
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Claire now feels pretty good about her accomplishments. She has raised a wonderful son, Dakota; enjoys her work; and finally has a new love. When Dakota informs her that he is engaged, she looks forward to meeting his fiancée, even as she wonders if 31-year-old Sara Jennings is too old for her "little" six-foot-plus boy.
Andrea anetzley
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Powerful read!

This story of forgiveness and grace was incredibly powerful! It illustrates the truth that unforgiveness ties you to the one who wronged you as long as you refuse to release them. And that one sin never just affects the one who commits it, it affects all those around them. This book is for anyone. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
JunePerez
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Accepting forgiveness

I am so blessed to read Robin Hatcher's books. They're so full of scripture that leads us to God's truths. Her stories are so emotional, but such a blessing. This story is such a reminder of the need of having Christ in the center of our lives that we can draw on His strength and wisdom. Thank you Ms Hatcher for your God given ability to write as you do.
Audra
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heart wrenching and beautiful

Heart wrenching and emotionally charged story. Beauty from ashes. This book is a must read. I've read no other story that teaches forgiveness such as this. The story shows how pain, sin and not forgiving affects all those involved. Anyone struggling with forgiveness should read. This will be placed among my top favorites.
Tabitha Bouldin
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A truly inspirational read

There is so much heartache, sorrow, and anger within the pages of this book. A story that all too many know and understand, and yet, in the midst of it all, God still stands, never leaving, never forsaking. True, inspiring love and forgiveness will always be there for those that seek it. That's what this book proves.
carol hammond
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Grace !

The reason I chose this rating is because it was almost impossible to put it down. This book can help those who have been deeply wounded. Wounds only those that have experienced it could understand. Sin can affect so many. And forgiveness does not come easy. Only with the help of our Lord Jesus is this even possible. A great read ! ! !
Diane Bailey
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Power of Forgiveness

The biblical admonition to forgive is not a suggestion. The consequence of not forgiving is not receiving forgiveness ourselves. But it is still a struggle to choose to forgive even though it brings us peace and freedom. Good portrayal of the struggle and the redemption.
Kate Allgaier
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Broken hearts healed.

I just finished reading this book and still have tears in my eyes. This is truly a beautiful story of forgiveness and healing. It stirred my heart and caused me to renew my faith in the Lord and his power to change lives. I would love to continue to read about this family and their faith.
Michele
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a very strong Christian message of forgiveness -- the need for it, the struggles with it and the impact on all parties involved. The plot may be a bit far-fetched but the story was still very engaging with some great characters. No sexual scenes although the occurrence of sex outside marriage played a major part in the story-line. No profanity.
Laurie
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stunning.

A balm to my soul. If you have been hurt by someone or are mourning the loss of a dream this book will speak and remind you to cast all your cares upon Him. This book helped me to see how I too need to unbind myself from the trappings, grave clothes, that I've allowed to cling to me and rob me of the best God has planned for me. Thank you Robin Lee Hatcher
Mary Jane
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book!

This story is complicated and not an easy read. I found myself share the pain and heartbreak with the characters as well as the love . I do understand what they experience and was so inspired by their journey through their growing relationship with God. Forgiveness is not always easy but it is necessary in our walk Him.
Kim Anderson
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent!

Excellent storytelling with dynamic, well developed characters. Their journey of faith, love and forgiveness reminds us what is truly important in life - relationships. First with our heavenly Father, then with each other. Well done.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• A Morning Like This
  • Deadlock
  • Dread Champion
  • Quaker Summer
  • Times and Seasons (Seasons, #3)
  • Homestands (Chicago Wind #1)
  • Forsaken (Taylor Pasbury, #1)
  • This Time
  • Coming Home
  • The Novelist
  • Speak Through the Wind (Crossroads of Grace #2)
  • Stranded in Paradise
  • The Shield of Honor (Wakefield Dynasty, #3)
  • By the Light of a Thousand Stars
  • Hold Tight the Thread
  • Conspiracy of Kindness: A Refreshing New Approach to Sharing the Love of Jesus with Others
  • The Red Geranium
  • Beneath a Southern Sky (The Camfield Legacy #1)
Robin Lee Hatcher is the author of 80 novels and novellas with over five million copies of her books in print. She is known for her heartwarming and emotionally charged stories of faith, courage, and love. Her numerous awards include the RITA® Award, Christy Award, Carol Award, HOLT Medallion, National Reader’s Choice Award, and the Faith, Hope & Love Reader’s Choice Award, and she is also the ...more
“Every foot is slow on an unknown path, my dear. Just face the sun and turn your back on the storm. It will all turn out right in the end.” 0 likes