Start by marking “Cat” as Want to Read:
Cat

Cat

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  284 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
Summary:
In Matthew Van Fleet's irresisibly pettable, brillantly innovative and fun multi-concept book, watch twenty-three breeds of frolicking felines pounce, prance and parade through concepts, pull-tabs, textures and interactive surprises. And you'll never believe what cat dragged in! Pleasingly purr-fect fun from start to finish! Meow...meow...meow...WOW!

About the Autho
Published February 10th 2009 by Simon & Schuster/Paula Wiseman Books

To ask other readers questions about Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat

Ariza Zubia
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Just read this to my cat, Milo. He especially liked the pull tabs and the red squeaker. Such a fun silly book to read your children and pets alike; complete with rhyming, flaps on the sides of the book pages, lots of cats shown, and (spoiler) even a dog. ~ 1/5/16
Noran Miss Pumkin
Feb 04, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I swear it is for my toddler daughter!!!!!
Mairead
Marlis signed Athena up for the Stuart Brent Children's Book Club for Christmas and this is January's book. We super enjoyed (typo free!), especially its size, furry tails that don't run away when grabbed as hard as possible, and the cast of characters last page.
Marg Corjay
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is so much fun with its moveable cats and flaps, could not stop playing with the tabs. The cats are very cute and the back pages with their names is an added bonus. It would be loved by all cat lovers no matter their age!
Hiba Yuki
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chimu-and-mommy
A lovely sturdy book! We're not really cat people but still enjoy it a lot, I can imagine how much more enjoyable it is for cat lovers! It has so many different breeds of cats.
Got it from the local thrift store, such a great find! Can't wait to get the Dog one.
Michelle
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun and interactive!
Hadasa
Oct 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Every toddler would love this book. No more explanation needed
M.M. Strawberry Reviews
Nov 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
I saw this book by chance when I was shopping, and the cover immediately caught my eye. I just HAD to read it. It's a very simplistic book - for toddlers and young children - but it is a gorgeous and enjoyable book. There's cute popups, and soft 'furry' areas to touch. I've not been a toddler for a very long time, but I enjoyed this book. The photos of the cats are beautiful, and the 'story' here is cute, along with a few silly surprises along the way. If you have a small child who loves cats, t ...more
Molly
Mar 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite van fleet so far. Still one of the toughest movable books ever and cute, cute, cute. The cover reminds me of this one time I went to camp and left my sisters in charge of my fish. He died and when the next roll of pictures came back I knew why. Our cat willie had his paw in the fish tank..... Hmmmm. Ages 1+
Anna Banana
This is one of my kids favorite books. It's very sturdily build and designed for a pull-tab book, and has lasted through three kids. In addition to the lift-a-flaps and pull-tabs there are texture patches for little fingers to feel.

recommended age: 12months+
  • Enigma: A Magical Mystery
  • Josephine Wants to Dance
  • Hairy Maclary's Showbusiness
  • That's Not My Teddy
  • Merry Christmas, Ollie!
  • Read It, Don't Eat It!
  • All in a Day
  • Whose Nose and Toes?
  • Good Luck Bear
  • Even Firefighters Go to the Potty: A Potty Training Lift-the-Flap Story
  • What's Up, Duck?: A Book of Opposites
  • "Let's Get a Pup!" Said Kate
  • Mittens
Matthew Van Fleet's innovative books have been introducing children to basic concepts for over twenty years. His unique formats invite toddlers to touch, press, pull, lift and even sniff as they explore colors, shapes, numbers, letters, opposites and more. His books include the #1 New York Times bestsellers TAILS and DOG as well as the New York Times bestsellers CAT, ALPHABET, and HEADS.
More about Matthew Van Fleet...