Start by marking “A Preacher's Passion (Hallelujah Love #3)” as Want to Read:
A Preacher's Passion (Hallelujah Love #3)

A Preacher's Passion (Hallelujah Love #3)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  541 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Passion Perkins is hot to trot. After being celibate for five long years, she’s ready, willing, and able to end her drought. But she’s also determined to hold out for Mr. Right...a man her friends say doesn’t exist—until Lavon Chapman walks into her life: a powerful and handsome man who has come to the community to film an inspirational DVD about Passion’s minister, Doctor ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Dafina (first published December 30th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about A Preacher's Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Preacher's Passion

Camille
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: three-times-read
Loved it!

Lutishia lights that fire in the church with this book.
This series is seriously addictive, I must purchase the rest.
The shocks leave it hard to leave a good review and synopsis because I would hate to ruin it for anyone. There are a lot of characters to keep up with but it is not confusing at all.

Five Stars! Can't wait to read the rest.
Destiny
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a good book. I enjoyed the way Lutishia wove the characters into each other's lives. Scandalous! Carla was a married woman who wanted to be sexually pleased by her husband. Passion was a single woman looking for love in all the wrong places. Precious was a young college girl who strayed from her upbringing. I can go on and on about the characters. Don't want to give away too much of the story. Good book in the series. I am looking forward to reading the rest of the books in the series. ...more
African Americans on the Move Book Club
A Preachers Passion by. Lutishia Lovely

Without a doubt one of the best reads for 2009. Lutishia has become one of my favorite authors to read and based off this novel she will definitely become one of your favorites as well. What can possibly go wrong in the church does happen here when the members start to think with their orgasms rather then to the Lord. This book is filled with so many characters that you must pay attention and not get lost. You will witness a First Lady love a man who isn’t
Claudia
Feb 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult-fiction
A Preacher's Passion involves conflicts, suspense and your mouth hanging open when you lease expect it. You have a group of church folks that have their own distinguish features and attribute. Each character has a mission in this story to make you like or dislike them. In the series of events that happen in each chapter drawers you in and will entertain you until the end of this great read.

The Author comes direct and candid without curving any corners to bring to life real church folks life sty
Rachel
Nov 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Page Turner from beginning to end. Where do i start. Ms. Lovely develops each character so well that you get engrossed in the story. I really can't blame Carla for what she did. She was not right but is there a right way to her situation? She tried talking to Stanley and counseling, even without the affair I believe they would have ended in divorce. Sometimes people get caught up in being religious and don't open themselves to really hear what others are dealing with. I was on the floor laughing ...more
Zarinah
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this is book 3 of this series and this book is the best so far of this best one as hard to put down 1. This book was serious page turner. The words flew off the page and I was quickly trying to find out what was going to happen next. The story covers over 4 different people and their relationships. Its Lutishia's style to keep a whole lot going on in the book. In all the action you get caught up in the preacher's wife love affair, a crazy women's secret obsession with killing a preacher's wife, ...more
Gloria Smith
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The church's secrets can be large and out of control...

The church's secrets can be large and out of control...

The different stories of dysfunction in the church were enough to keep me reading. I could not put the book down. Passion's desire for a relationship put her on the path to destruction. Stacy's demand for a relationship with someone that she had doubts about put her in a horrible situation that she will live with forever. This is just 2 of the characters that kept me up at night...grab a
Shakeisha Williams
Nov 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was the first type I have read of such Christian drama and I will just say that these were some hot mess Christians to the max lol The women in the book were doing the most craziest things to try to get or keep a man, it just made me mad...smh, but it was definitely a good read and had me anxious to see what would happen. This author also discussed many issues within the Christian kingdom as well that many people do not like to confront, but deal with everyday.
Victoria
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Book 3, Book 3... It was emotional for me because I'm sensitive to adultery and the participant even more bothered me. But it was a well established story of hot lust entertwined with dark secrets to unrequited love but all blended in a perfect formula.. This series just keeps getting better and better!!!
Terra
Jan 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
Ms. Lovely's colorful depiction of what often goes on in the church is right on. This was a enjoyable read.
Debra Odom
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I think that this book is the best out of all the ones I have read by this author. It was Poetic Justice for Passion. She doesn't realize it now, but she is getting exactly what she deserves. I can't wait to find out what will happen to Carla and Lavon. This book is an excellent read. I love the characterizations of Darius and Bo.
June
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A very good read. Lots of drama and suspense about the lives of Pastors, their families and church family. Pastor Carla husband, Minister Doctor Stanley Lee, could not satisfy her sexually so she found it elsewheres. Wow. Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God".
Brandi Armstead
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book had a lot of characters and I had to figure out who went were, but eventually it all came together and made sense. The ending makes me wonder what is going to happen in the next book. They were life lessons that were taught as well.
Desiree Watson
Jan 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was a page turner from the beginning. Ms. Lovely is a wonderful and talented writer. I love reading her books. The characters pull you in from the very beginning. I read this book in 2010.
Tasha
May 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Great Book!!
Jessica Terry
Nov 24, 2010 rated it liked it
This is a book that I will most likely read again. The whole series is intriguing to me.
Constance
Mar 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I Just Finish This Book this Morning ...the Thing We church Folks Do!!!!!
Pearl
Nov 03, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed very entertaining.
Efundunke
Mar 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Powerful Christian novel. Definitely provided me with a model of how I'm writing. Good to see it can be done. Story lines are compelling. Ready to read the other books by this author.
Ashley
So far this was my favorite book in the series, could not put it down can't wait to read the next one
Desire'e Greene
May 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
What looks good on the outside my not be good on the inside..
Debbie Trigg
Apr 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Whooooo!!
E G
Apr 24, 2014 rated it liked it
it was OK. just not my type of book.
Wilma Wilkerson
A very good read !!!!
Msblase
May 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
A good read with lots of interesting twists.
Vi Louise
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
My first introduction to Lutishia Lovely. I think she is a gifted writer: good character development with interesting plot that twists and twines right to the end of the book.
Jackie
May 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
High drama at church! This book was a trip. I loved the way it ended. I listened to it on audio & the narrator will have you cracking up, especially when reading Robin's parts.
Wanda
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really Passion! This was a fast read. As soon as I finished Love Like Hallelajuh! This book was a quick read.
Charles Hall
  • Blessed Trinity
  • Everybody Say Amen
  • Have a Little Faith
  • Lady Jasmine
  • Be Careful What You Pray For (Reverend Curtis Black, #7)

Hallelujah Love (9 books)
  • Sex in the Sanctuary (Hallelujah Love #1)
  • Love Like Hallelujah (Hallelujah Love #2)
  • Heaven Right Here (Hallelujah Love #4)
  • Reverend Feelgood (Hallelujah Love #5)
  • Heaven Forbid (Hallelujah Love #6)
  • Divine Intervention (Hallelujah Love #7)
  • The Eleventh Commandment (Hallelujah Love #8)
  • A Date With Destiny (The Hallelujah Series, formerly Hallelujah Love)