Start by marking “A Broad Abroad in Thailand: An Expat's Misadventures in the Land of Smiles” as Want to Read:
A Broad Abroad in Thailand: An Expat's Misadventures in the Land of Smiles

A Broad Abroad in Thailand: An Expat's Misadventures in the Land of Smiles

3.33  ·  Rating details ·  21 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
A Broad Abroad in Thailand follows a newlywed expat as she tries to settle in to her new home and a life full of unforeseen challenges. Soon after her arrival in this exotic land, her problems begin as she tries to learn the subtleties of the easte
Published September 7th 2008 by Four Ways West/Crossroads Pub (first published September 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Broad Abroad in Thailand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Broad Abroad in Thailand

Chani
Feb 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book was really funny! She used humor well while still respecting Thai culture and Thai people. I laughed out loud several times.

Dawn Judd
Jun 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A Broad Abroad in Thailand was such an amusing story, and I could not put the book down until it was finished. Dodie can tell a story in such a way that you feel like you are right there with her. Despite her "misadventures", her descriptions of Thailand and its people made me want to book the next flight out so I could experience it myself. As other reviewers also stated, I was sad when the book was done, and can't wait to read about her other adventures. If you are looking for a fun read, you ...more
Sue Koontz
Oct 30, 2013 rated it liked it
This book is more about Dodie's troubled marriage and her problems dealing with the boss' wife than it is about being an ex-pat living in Thailand. It's entertaining at times, but the parts about her husband's sexual issues are tiresome.
Pam
Apr 21, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very funny and informative book about a lady living in Thailand for her husband's job. I think older women will appreciate the humor more, but I think anyone would get a kick out of it, as well as learn quite a bit about Thailand to boot.
Sharon James
Jul 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Meh! It was okay but nothing fantastic. I really like the author, she came across as a lovely, kind and very funny lady, however, as a current expat in Thailand I found it very hard to relate to her sugar coated stories about life in this unfriendly and often dangerous country.
Colleen H.
Sep 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Laugh out loud funny in parts, although some of the author's decisions made me crazy!! As someone who currently lives in Thailand as an expat, I found myself nodding my head in agreement with many of the author's descriptions of the Thai people and their country.
David Anderson