Start by marking “Wildflowers of the Pacific Northwest (A Timber Press Field Guide)” as Want to Read:
Wildflowers of the Pacific Northwest (A Timber Press Field Guide)

Wildflowers of the Pacific Northwest (A Timber Press Field Guide)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Featuring more than 1240 stunning color photographs, this comprehensive field guide will remain a trusted, authoritative trailside reference for years to come. It describes and illustrates 1220 commonly encountered species, both native and nonnative, including perennials, annuals, and shrubs. Encompassing the Pacific Northwest from southern British Columbia to northern Cal ...more
Turtleback, 512 pages
Published February 1st 2006 by Timber Press, Incorporated

To ask other readers questions about Wildflowers of the Pacific Northwest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wildflowers of the Pacific Northwest

Sue
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hands-down the best wildflower guide for the PNW!
Debbie Teashon
When I am out in the field, I want a book that makes wildflower identification as fast and effortless as possible. This guide accomplishes just that. Wildflowers of the Pacific Northwest is divided into sections by flower color, and then further divided by the number of flower petals, followed by family, genus and species. With each entry providing a photograph, detailed descriptions and distributions maps, even amateur enthusiasts can easily identify unknown species they come across on a hike o ...more
Emily
Jan 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
If you live in or are traveling through the Pacific Northwest, this is the gold standard for flower (and plant) identification. Arranged by flower color and subdivided by number of petals, this is the field-guide I go to first when I encounter a new-to-me flower. Turner is an excellent photographer, and his descriptions are very helpful. Along with Pojar's "Plants of the Pacific Northwest," this is the book I keep in my backpack and on my desk.
Heather
May 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is my most recent pick of guide books. I still have a lot of unidentified plants, but that's because I'm drawn to the unique places and the rare things that don't make the cut for most guide books. Still this one seems to cover the most ground and give good descriptions that can get me the flower I seek, or something very close.
Eve
Jan 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biology-nature
Great for quick in-the-field ID when you don't have the time to formally key out a species. I love that it is organized by color/petal number instead of family. This is a great feature for quicker identification.
A great field guide- has helped me identify many plants in my yard. I don't always find the layout the easiest to use. I have several other books I use as reference in addition to this field guide, for when I find I just want an easier or quick answer.
Elena
Feb 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great identification help organized by color of flower.
Ellen
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
what fun! A wonderful new hobby. I like how easy it is to find the various flowers. by color, petals, foilage.
Meredith Henning
Sep 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
not as easy to pack along/but much more detail than the audobon by scholastic
Don Lundman