Start by marking “Master of Craving (Blood Sword Legacy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Master of Craving (Blood Sword Legacy, #3)

Master of Craving

(Blood Sword Legacy #3)

The Blood Sword Legacy

Eight knights bound by a brotherhood forged in hell claim their legacies the only way they can: by right of arms, by right of victory, by right of conquest.

Most of England has submitted to King William, but Wales refuses to yield. The King's trusted Blood Swords are unable to prevail, and while Stefan de Valrey is left unconscious on the battlefield,

Published May 26th 2009 by Pocket Star (first published May 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Master of Craving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Master of Craving

Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in Karin Tabke's Blood Sword Legacy. It's been a while since I read the previous two books in the series and it probably would have help if I had refreshed my memory before reading this.

Stefan de Valrey wakes up wounded on the battlefield and discovers his brothers are gone. He swears he will find them and get them back after learning they were captured by the Welsh. While tending to his wounds near a pond, he spies a woman who has come to bath in the water. A man arrives and ass
Clarice
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Most of England has submitted to King William, but Wales refuses to yield. The King's trusted Blood Swords are unable to prevail and while Stefan du Valrey is left unconscious on the battlefield, his sworn brothers are captured. Stefan has terrible injuries, Stefan vows to liberate them. Stefan saves a beautiful and naked maiden from peril, cannot deter him. Arianrhod is a silver-eyed Welsh princess hostage that Stefan can trade for his brothers, as long as Arian remains as pure as when he met h ...more
Cynthia
Apr 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Historical Romance Readers
J. Ostrowski
Aug 27, 2009 rated it really liked it
I expected to get bored as I read furher into this series but Karin is very creative with her love stories. The wariors are bold and braw but each has his own personality. Her choice of Stefan for her third story surprised me but I am pleased with his tale. I admire her commitment to all of the Blood Sword warriors as she engages them equally in each other's tales. Many authors would leave a warrior to his love and he would be little mentioned in the next tale but not so for Karin. I'm so so so ...more
Gemma
Jun 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
Too lusty for my taste. It says in the blurb about the author that she also writes erotic romance. Well, it shows. I don't mind some sexual tension in romances, but the sheer volume of it in this book was just a bit much for me. I didn't really feel like they loved one another at all--merely turned each other on.

And I was curious about the hero noticing the heroine's blush-colored personal hair when he spies her bathing. So it was pink? Huh?? Considering that the heroine was a blonde, that made
Everalice
Jan 25, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: medieval
Changement de cap avec ce tome : l'héroïne n'a plus rien de la farouche guerrière du tome 2, et ce virage à 180° est de prime abord assez déroutant. A l'opposé de Tarian et de sa conduite presque masculine, l'héroïne ici fait penser, dans les premiers chapitres, à un petit chat, toute innocence, toute douceur. Ne pas s'y tromper, ça ne dure guère...
Ariane, farouchement décidée à préserver son cœur de tout sentiment amoureux, de peur de se transformer en mo
Bookaholics
Aug 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Master Of Craving by Karin Tabke
Historical Romance-
4 Stars

Master of Craving by Karin Tabke is the third installment in her Blood Sword Legacy Series. The main hero is Stefan de Valrey, one of the most fearsome knights in medieval England. After a terrible battle where he is left unconscious on the battlefield and his sworn brothers are captured he acquires a stroke of luck, and manages to rescue the beautiful princess, Arianrhod. Stefan plans to exchange Arianrhod for his brothers who are no
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Well, I read the books in the WRONG order. I read this one first instead of the 1st book in this series. I think I was also confused with the genre of this book. I specifically picked up Ms. Tabke's books for the more racy ones. Instead, I end up with historical romance. Not exactly my cup of tea anymore. The writing was well done. The characters were fine. Arian was a practical princess I could visualize quite well. Her "hero" Stefan was rough around the edges. I liked the struggle they put the ...more
Shelley
I liked this book very much. I enjoyed the characters Stefan & Arian very much. Both characters were very interesting. Arian starts out as a very quiet, spoiled, naive, sheltered,virtuous princess who gets kidnapped & turns out after awhile into her kidnapping to be quite the wanton, quite outspoken who puts Sir Stefan in his place. Stefan kidnap Arian initially with the thought with her as a means of her being the key to get his brother Blood Swords who are being held captive free. He i ...more
NhaughtyV says Damn the Zon Save the Reviews
*3.5 Stars*

*Review soon*
Barbara ★
All the Blood Swords except Stefan and Rhys are taken prisoner after a battle. Stefan vows to see them freed and luckily stumbles upon Arianrhod, a Welsh princess and devises a plan to use her in exchange for his brothers. Of course, it isn't quite that easy.

I really liked Stefan (who was burned romantically and vowed to never love again) and Princess Arian (who after watching her father fall apart when her mother died, vowed to never fall in love). So we have two strong people with an undeniab
Stevie
Mar 31, 2012 rated it liked it
The writing style is great, Tabke can create a whole world with the way she wields her pen. Very talented author. This particular book, however, did not demonstrate her ability to create a story line that enthralls, binds, and grips the reader. Compared to the first two in the series, this one didn't hold a candle to them. I didn't like the story as it progressed. I didn't like the predicament the princess was put in from the time she meets Stefan until the book ended. The entire time, I was unc ...more
BookChick
Apr 17, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 stars, didn't like it as much as the first two, but still good. I just didn't like Arian as much as the other two heroines from the first books. She redeemed herself in the VERY end, but much too late. I had to suffer with her for the entire book.

I still like the series and am sadden to see that other than the novella in 2009, I haven't seen mention of the rest of the series coming out. So sad, I hope Tabke plans to pick up this series again and finish what she started. It's just not fair to
Kristy Mills
The bloodswords are taken down during a battle and held as prisoners. Stefan stumbles upon a princess named Arian and realizes she is the key to getting his brothers back. So he kidnaps her.

This book really wasn't as good as the first two, in my opinion. I didn't feel the same attachment to the characters. Arian kind of annoyed me. Every time Stefan would save her, which happened a lot, she would throw it back in his face. It got annoying. I thought the ending was really weird, how it all played
Sbatdorf
Dec 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really love this series.

Adrian the Princess that is taken hostage by Stefan, one of the Blood Sword Knights, is kind of whiney, but if you made me wait for like 300 pages to have sex, I'd be whiney too. But she won me over in the end.

This book had way too much of Adrian's internal dialog for me. The constant "I want him, but I can't have him, blah, blah, blah got old. But I love these kinds of stories and this kind on alpha bad ass knights that easily overlooked it.

Can't wait for the next.
Jamie
Dec 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I like Karin as an author and this series is goof, not great, but good. I enjoyed reading it but it's not a five for me and again that's my I could read it over and over again but this is just a one time good read but she's got some great books and this series is creative, set back in time, the blood swords are powerful and hot....worth picking up if you like historical.
Kathryn
Jul 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Karin Tabke makes you want to live in the past. Vikings! Norsemen! Saxons! OH MY!

The story of Blood Sword Stefan de Valrey and Princess Arianrhod is a wonderful, delicious romp through Wales. Blood, Lust, Honor, Desire...what more could you ask for in an amazing and compelling story of soul-mates?
Pauline
Nov 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Encore un très bon tome.
Stephan a des manières un peu cavalières mais il a une sorte de virilité brute qui est poignante. C'est le mâle dans toute sa grandeur avec un côté brute de décoffrage qui passe finalement assez bien.
Ariane est très sympathique mais parfois un peu trop naïve et superficielle.
J'aime beaucoup cette saga et j'attend les autres tomes avec impatience !
Modesty_b
Dec 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Junie
Jun 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keepers, series-read
This is my favorite so far in the Blood Sword Legacy series. It keeps you going with lots of twists and turns and passion that will keep you glued to the pages.

There is only one thing that I found missing, that there was no mention of the character Manhku in this book?
Garrie
Jan 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a must read like the legacy's before. Karin just draws you into the stories from the very first paragraph. You tend to fall for the characters immediately. I am trying patiently to await the next legacy. Hope to see it very soon.
Chris
Nov 27, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This the third book in the Blood Swords series tells the story of Princess Arian and the dark knight Stephan. Karin Tabke is amazing in her story telling. She keeps you interested and wanting for more.

Mumsgang
As with the first two books in this story , this book had a lot of depth ,good story line,wonderful charactors that come to life, i applaud KarinTabke on her writing and cant wait for the next book in the blood sword legacy .
Megan
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Really liked this book, especially the ending - kept me in suspense wondering how they were going to work it out. I hope Tabke continues with the rest of the series but I don't think that she does.
P J
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding DARK Historical Romance with strong alpha male characters!
Denise
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was spectacular. I can't wait till the rest ^.^
Aileen
Jul 10, 2014 rated it liked it
Un libro entretenido al igual que el resto de la serie, pero el final fue muy rápido.
Evie
Jun 05, 2013
Jenny
May 28, 2011

• The Warrior
  • The Conqueror
  • A Highlander's Temptation (MacKenzie, #7)
  • Return of the Warrior (Brotherhood of the Sword #6)
  • A Storm of Passion
  • Lord of Desire (The Risande Family, #1)
  • In the Shadow of Midnight (Robin Hood, #2)
  • Knight of Desire (All the King's Men #1)
  • The Angel and the Prince
  • Warrior of the Isles (Men of the Isles, #2)
  • Viking Heat (Viking II, #9)
  • The Bride Of Black Douglas (Black Douglas, #1)
  • Tender Is The Knight  (Knights, #9; The Brocade #7)
  • Highland Dragon
  • What a Scoundrel Wants (Medieval, #1)
  • Golden Surrender (Viking, #1)
  • My Valiant Knight
  • Highland Scoundrel (Campbell Trilogy, #3)
For a long time, controlled chaos ruled Karin’s life. Busy mother of four, owner of her own successful business and wife to a street cop, she harbored thoughts of twisting plots and hot romantic scenes. Now, with only one child left at home and hubby retired from law enforcement, Karin happily pounds out those steamy scenes at her keyboard.

Still semi-distracted by her adult children (Yay! no more

Blood Sword Legacy (4 books)
  • Master of Surrender (Blood Sword Legacy, #1)
  • Master of Torment (Blood Sword Legacy, #2)
  • A Knight to Remember (Blood Sword Legacy, #3.5)