Start by marking “The Wiles of Watermelon (Scents of Murder, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Wiles of Watermelon (Scents of Murder, #2)

The Wiles of Watermelon (Scents of Murder Mysteries #2)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  56 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Newlywed Andi Hartley is not at all sure she’s ready to look like an over-ripe melon. . .

In fact, she’s still getting used to being married. But her husband, Ben, wants to start a family right away. Gulp.

Their family plans are put on hold, however, when Andi's kitten runs from the house to their watermelon field and digs up a bone attached to the remains of a thirty-year-o
Published September 16th 2008 by Heartsong Presents (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Wiles of Watermelon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wiles of Watermelon

Anne Campbell
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is the last story of the Mystery, Murder and Mayhem Collection, Seven Deadly Mysteries by Best-Selling Sleuths. I'm not sure where you can get the entire collection--I'm not finding it under that name on Amazon or Barnes and Noble--but you can get the individual books from these places. (I didn't review the whole collection--only the inspirational ones. I review Christian books without sex scenes or more than very minor profanity.)

I love a good mystery, and this one is. A cold case and
Dawn
Aug 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
I really struggled to read this book. I mean REALLY struggled with it. I enjoy mysteries, but this one was lacking in so much. I found the characters to be flat, and the main character/narrator drove me nuts. It wasn't until around page 150 that things really got interesting when a connection was found between the 30 year old murder and the more recent one.

I read this as my "purple" cover for Book Cover Bingo.
Sarah Adamson
Fun watermelon read

A gentle cozy mystery with some really fun twists in the plot. Watermelon themed and set in small town America.
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
I really enjoyed this book as much as the first in the series. One thing I found exceptionally refreshing is that the author chose to space the books out over a reasonable time frame of almost a year since the first book. This allowed the characters to get more comfortable with the next phase of their lives and for the small town atmosphere to be a bit more believable... having lived in small towns much of my life, I can say that is much more realistic that murders that someone might find themse ...more
Melissa
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book two within the Scents of Murder series carried the same quirkiness, twisting mystery theme as the first. Many times the next books in a series do not carry the same, however not the case here.

When newlywed Andi's kitten uncovers a skeleton, secrets which had been buried for decades come to light. Add the death of Ben's boss, the eccentric diner owner, could the two deaths be related. Andi and Ben must find those answers in order to bring peace to their town.

Well developed characters and ano
Sharon
Jul 20, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a nice cozy read--very clean with no sex or bad language. The mystery was a good one and I enjoyed reading it. My only problem was that the main couple Andi and Ben talked and acted more like a couple in their twenties than a couple nearly forty years old.
Sybil Wood
Mar 07, 2012
Karen Stevens
Dec 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Lynette Sowell is an award-winning author with New England roots, but she makes her home on the doorstep of the Texas Hill Country with her husband and a herd of five cats. When she’s not writing, she edits medical reports and chases down stories for the local newspaper.

More about Lynette Sowell...

Scents of Murder Mysteries (3 books)
  • A Suspicion of Strawberries (Scent of Murder, #1)
  • The Perils of Peaches (Scents of Murder, #3)
“Open your eyes. It looks kind of creepy, and I think the lady at the nearest table wonders if you’ve got narcolepsy.” I” 0 likes