Start by marking “Snowed In” as Want to Read:
Snowed In

Snowed In

Being snowed in isn't so bad when you're on vacation with your two best friends. And when Kasey reveals he's a gay romance author, the vacation takes a turn for the steamier. Mitch already knows all about it, being bisexual, but Warren -- Warren hasn't got a clue... until he watches Mitch help Kasey with "research" for his next novel and starts seeing snow melt.
Published December 2008 by Dreamspinner Press

Martin
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ooooh man, this could have been so good…!

I hate it when a really perfect chance is wasted.

Three friends – journalists at some newspaper – have a vacation together in a mountain cabin.
Why do three presumably straight men have a holiday together without girlfriends?

Who cares? LOL.

One of the guys, Kasey, pursues a ‘second’ career as a romance author. And while the guys are snowed in in their cabin, he continues writing on his latest book – which is a gay themed romance.
However, Mitch – an openly bi
Bitchie
This was super hot, but I'd really like to have seen it padded out a bit more. As it is, it's just three friends on vacation, two "straight", one bi, doing a bit of experimenting. The dialogue was fairly cheesy, but the sex was smoking, and this coming from someone who skims a lot of the sex scenes these days.

The head hopping was a bit much, and we're given really no details on who these guys are, other than friends and co-workers, with one moonlighting as an erotic romance author, dipping his t
Anke
Aug 02, 2013 rated it liked it
August Flavor of the Month challenge
The blurb about says it all - not much more story, but lots of sex. I think to enjoy this story you have to believe that GFY is possible for someone who was totally straight up to now (and then to jump into it not only with one but with two guys). I think this is a good example of books I enjoyed more when I first started reading m/m but now my expectations have changed a bit.
Ava
Dec 30, 2008 rated it liked it
This is really 3.5 stars. It was a nice, hot little book. Definitely a woman's fantasy of what 3 guys (2 straight and 1 bi) would get up to if they were snowed in. I liked the way the author stepped the guys through everything. They didn't jump each other and have a big pile-up right away. The progression (how the author got from page 1 to the final scene) felt natural, or as 'natural' as could be with this type of plot. But what bugged me about the book was that the author switched POVs constan ...more
Zeek
Mar 15, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: smut
Like many of you, I do enjoy a smutty read from time to time. Unlike many of you, I don't generally get into the whole m/m thing.

Oh I tried, But every time I've forayed into the gay erotica or some times even the menage world, I've been disappointed.

Ever since those exercises in futility, I've stayed away from the m/m, m/m/m, m/m/m/m, m/f/m, m/f/m/f - well, you get the idea. You'd think I'd learn from all that right?

Not Zeekie. I tried this one after reading a good review on it awhile back.

I hat
Arlyn
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this read. I bought it because I saw Madeleine Urban was one of the authors.

The good: No shortage of hot man-on-man sex. Explicit, graphic and beautifully descriptive without ever crossing over into raunchy or sleazy. Maintained a sweet tone and manged to avoid gratuitous angst or turmoil.

The not so good: The pacing was off. The set-up seemed contrived. The 3 men could have been anywhere with a fireplace, bed & a hot tub. Being snowed in was hardly mentioned and had no bearing on th
ElaineY
Sep 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
First of all, I rarely read erotica and Snowed In was that, IMO. Then, I also rarely read short stories and Snowed In is very short. So...for me it worked because those guys are best friends and if I have to read erotica, I rather the sex be between best friends than strangers that met in a bar.

As for the sex itself, I did find it arousing and I'm sure if I had a dick, it would happily agree. The ending was appropriately open-ended and if I were one of those that needed an HFN at least, no matte
Shannon
Jan 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Three friends go on a vacation together. One is bi the other two are straight. They get to goofing around the the two straight ones aren't so straight anymore. Cute story and the confusion and tentativeness of the two straight ones was freaking hot! Very enjoyable little read.
Jenre
Aug 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
I bought this book in the spirit of New Year experimentation and started a few days ago with my first conscious trip into m/m paranormals. This book isn't a paranormal, it's a (gasp) menage. OK, it's not a m/m/f menage (I really don't think I can read one of those) but a yummy m/m/m.

The book centres round an afternoon's liaison between three close friends. Kasey, Warren and Mitch are long time buddies and work colleagues who have rented out a cottage for a holiday and are currently snowed in (li
Elisa Rolle
Kasey, Mitch and Warren are colleague and best friend, of different age and predisposition: Kasey is 25 years old and bi-curious, Mitch is 30 years and bisexual (even if it came out to me more as gay) and Warren is 38 years old and straight. They plan to spend a weekend in a mountain cabin and a snowstorm forces them to stay inside the cabin and in near quarter. Kasey is an erotic romance in disguise, and when they are forced to find a way to spend the afternoon, he decides to write a bit: Mitch ...more
Mara Ismine
Jan 29, 2010 rated it liked it
The start of this story offered a good excuse for the ensuing sex scenes of what was essentially a PWP. Three best friends and work colleagues are snowed in at their vacation cabin. Kasey is outed as an erotic het romance writer when he tries to work on his current manuscript. He has been asked to include a m/m sub-plot in his current novel, only he has no experience to base his m/m sex scene on. He asks Mitch, his bisexual best friend for help in getting it right. Waren, the straight best frien ...more
Jimmy Hanson
Jun 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, menage
Skeletal point: a gay man shows his two straight best friends the outs [and ins:] of gay sex, brought on by an inaccurately written gay-romance scene by one of them, and instigated by a thrilling game of Truth or Dare.

I liked it because there was no angst, the comfort level between the three men is established from the beginning and never really changes [they HAVE, after all, been best friends for years:], and because it was a light and schmexy read. The scenes between them are HOT, both between
Cindi
Mar 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: hated, m-m
Feliz
Jan 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Three men, one straight, one bi, and one bi-curious. Add a lot of snow that keeps them indoors, a lot of booze to lower the inhibitions and a game of truth or dare, adult version.

This little novella was a fun read, and there were LOTS of hot sex. Urban and Aile are quite the masters of gay for you. None of the men had to be made bend backwards to get to where it all aimed at.
My only niggle: the hot tub. I hate underwater scenes.
Suze
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this little story though as it is set all in one night, there is no history to the characters other than they all work together - so no idea if Kasey or Warren had ever felt they might be gay.
I would have enjoyed more back stories but it is a hot little read

1.9.18 reread : fun, pacy, titillating
Jaime
Feb 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
1. The description is better than the book.

Now for stars.

1 because it was published.
1 because I didn't find any errors in characters or spelling.
1 because the smexy scenes are hot.
Becky
Apr 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011, m-m
More like 2 1/2. The situation struck me as pretty unlikely, and the constant POV shifts were maddening. It was terrible, but it certainly could have been better.
Lexi Ander
Jul 14, 2010 added it
Shelves: mmm
Liz (Bugetta)
Super hot but what comes next? Also, the head hopping was so annoying!
LenaLena
Apr 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, short-stories
So this is what guys do when they go away for the weekend. I knew it!

Hot.
Natalie
Feb 20, 2013 rated it liked it
2.5 stars. A pleasant but forgettable bit of PWP. There's not a shred of realism, but it's hot.
Himi
Oct 26, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Don’t know how I stumbled onto another three-way so quickly, but here I am. Also, this cover.

Mitch (cover boy), Warren, and Kasey are best friends and they’re holed up in a cabin while on vacation. Kasey is tapping away on his laptop when Warren tells him that he needs to chill with the work because they’re on vacation. Mitch joins them and they get into what Kasey is actually doing: writing a gay sex scene. Mitch is bi and it only piques his interest because Kasey writes M/F, not M/M. Warren is
Fallon
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got enough to melt snow

Although short, the characters 'depths were well written. The apprehensive of Warren. The adventurous side of kasey. And the domineering side of Mitch. Character names were apt too
Solchus
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Me encantaría ponerle un cuatro, pero ese final me supo a poco.
Me hubiera gustado una mayor profundisación en el mañana.
Alisha
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Pure fantasy short story. While I always love m-m stories, and even more love m-m-m, I am rarely interested in those who spend more time on the sex than the story. This was a rare exception. Almost the entire story is about the three guys getting it on together, the little bit at the beginning that isn't is solely to set the stage (reminded me of right before a pizza gets delivered and a character is whining about not having money to pay for it).

The story was not very realistic, things went far
Luvflix
Jun 06, 2010 rated it it was ok
I was initially disappointed with this book due to the number of pages (66) which I felt should have been offered free on a website rather than charged for. But I wanted to give it a chance so kept an open mind as I absolutely adored the authors' book The One That Got Away, Unfortunately this did not live up to their potential. The characters were underdeveloped and thrown into a situation that was unrealistic and had absolutely no build up - ironic when the situation was about a straight guy wr ...more
Charmaine Stephens
Jan 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a hot one for sure! Three hot guys that are best friends decide to vacay in the snow for a couple days together. One is bi. And the other two...Well let's just say by the end of this vacay no one is straight ;)

I just wish it was longer. And the way it ends feels like it kinda suggests something more is on the way. I hope so!

Although it was short I still felt like I began to care about the characters. Warren at times got on my nerves with his hesitation. But all in all I enjoyed this bo
Allie
Apr 29, 2011 rated it did not like it
Hate to rate stories so poorly but this was one (short) book which I found really pushed believability boundaries. Two straight men (not bi-curious even) end up getting into deep kisses then blow jobs, frotting and, finally, sex with their bisexual best friend? Well, the sex imagery was hottish but the believability factor just wasn't.

OK 1.5* because the sex was a little hot but that's about it.

Oh, and the ending left the story unfinished.
LutaWolf
Jul 30, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-m
You can read all the reviews for why this is an amazing wonderful book to read. It really is too but what kept it from a five star was the abrupt ending. I thought maybe there was a second book but I haven't found it yet.
Janna
I loved this longer short story! It's super hot & full of sweet and tender moments. The only thing that I liked less, is that it's too short... I want to know more about what happens to those 3 guys after they leave the cabin! Maybe there is/will be a sequel...
  • 911 (911, #1)
  • Bullriders
  • VGL Male Seeks Same (M4M, #1)
  • Bound To Please (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • Stretching Limits (Exploring Limits, #2)
  • More (More, #1)
  • Sleeping Stone
  • Loving Edits (Basque, #1)
  • Duck Fart (Wolf Creek #2)
  • Snow Angel (Angel, #1)
  • The Pro
  • The Strongest Shape
  • Necessary Temptation
  • Polar Reaction
  • Starting Over
  • Out of the Darkness (Dark Horse, #2)
  • The Hot Floor
  • An Inner Darkness (Bay City Paranormal Investigations, #5)
Rhianne Aile has an unhealthy relationship with her computer, iced tea, and chocolate. Growing up, she split her time between Oklahoma and Chicago, making her equally fond of horses, skyscrapers, cowboys, and men in well-tailored suits. Facilitating retreats for women and authors keeps her traveling enough to stay happy.