Start by marking “The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer, #2)

The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer #2)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  2,590 Ratings  ·  187 Reviews
Demon slaying powers should come with an instruction book ...

Seriously. Why does a new hair dryer have a twelve-page how-to manual, but when it comes to ancient demon-fighting hocus-pocus, my biker witch granny gives me just half a dozen switch stars and a rah-rah speech? Oh, and a talking terrier, but that's another story. It's not like my job as a preschool teacher prepa
Published May 1st 2009 by Love Spell (first published April 28th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers

Bunnycore
I don't know what I want to say about this book so I am going to think on it a bit.

So in this one, we meet Lizzie's fairy godfather, succubi, and a Demon Hunter.

Let me say I did give this four stars but I am going to just throw this out there. I didn't like that Lizzie is not growing she still wants to blame everyone for well everything. The witches, Dimitri. Everything is their fault.. ugh puhlease. She needs to suck it up and just roll sometimes. now that is not to say they should have been
Deborah
Sep 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult, urban-fantasy
I absolutely loved the first book in this series – The Accidental Demon Slayer. Book 2, not quite so much.
Lizzie has accepted her talents and taken on the mantle of demon slayer – a very rare, inherited set of skills. She’s still riding with her Grandma’s biker witch gang, and her drool-worthy griffin shifter boyfriend, and this time she’s out to try and save Uncle Phil (her fairy godfather, quite literally) from the succubus who has her claws into him.
Only trouble is, Lizzie needs a permit fr
Carmaletta Hilton
Apr 25, 2009 rated it it was ok
Sabrina
Jan 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Confession: I love paranormal romance – the kick ass heroine who saves the day while being smart and sassy is totally part of why I started Cheeky Reads. In my mind's eye, I picture myself as the girl who can always give the sassy comeback to any quip. In real life? Well, let's just say I try really hard, but my sassy girl tendencies run more to the quirky and comedic.

Which might be why I can't resist paranormal romances that make me laugh out loud. Give me MaryJanice Davidson, Kim Harrison, Jud
Blodeuedd Finland
Must write a quickie since I should have written this one a week ago.

Plot:
Lizzy's uncle has been seduced by a succubus in Las Vegas and the gang set out to save him. But first she needs a demon slayer license and that will not be easy. And Dimitri sets out on his own. She has her hands full.

Characters:
Lizzy learned a whole lot of new tricks, Pirate was awesome, they found a new friend. Dimitri was rather elusive. The biker witches, oh they make this book. And the fairies were a nice touch to it.
Brandy
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: creatures
So my favorite part of this book......Pirate! I have a Jack Russell myself and I think she nailed it. I can see my little one saying these things.
Well in this edition the "slayer" is sent off to Vegas to save her fairy godfather. He has managed to get himself tangled up with a Succubus. And now there are more coming up from hell which will also give access to more demons to enter out plain of existence. but with the sexy griffon, biker witches and of coarse pirate, she is bound to succeed.
Kathy Davie
Jan 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: funny, urban-fantasy
Second in the Demon Slayer (or Biker Witches) urban fantasy series revolving around Lizzie Brown, a newbie demon slayer desperately trying to learn what she needs to know to stay alive.

My Take
The last book, The Accidental Demon Slayer set us up with the primary series characters. This installment provides us with Lizzie's backup crew as well as providing Lizzie herself with a bit more confidence in herself and her friends.

It still drove me a bit nuts — yeah, it's funny — it's also deep in Lizz
Pamela D
Oct 30, 2013 rated it liked it
I received this book for free from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

In The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers, Lizzie is about to visit Las Vegas with her grandmother (a biker witch), her grandmother's biker gang of witches, her boyfriend Dimitri (a shape-shifting griffin), and her dog. At the end of the last book, Lizzie got word that her fairy godfather is about to marry a succubus. Succubi (at least in this u
Sarahlynn
May 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: local-authors
This month I'm reviewing Angie Fox's paranormal romance The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers for Barrie Summy's Book Review Club.

Have you heard of the sophomore slump? For writers, this is what happens when you spend years working on your first novel: learning, preparing, plotting, drafting, revising, and workshopping. You submit it, it sells, and wham! you have a two book contract. Now what? You have to write the second novel in a matter of months. You've never done anything like that before; y
Melanie
My review and an extended sample of the audiobook are posted at Hotlistens.com.

I listened to the first book in this series on audio earlier this year and really enjoyed it. I thought it was fun and a great listen. I was very excited to be told that this book was to be released on audio as well. The narrator, Tavia Gilbert is perfect for this series. Now, I’m hoping that more will be released as well.

This book takes place not long after the ending of The Accidental Demon Slayer. LIzzie is startin
Lexie
Oct 04, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-blog-pr
When I first came into the first book, The Accidental Demon Slayer, I was convinced (for some reason) that this would be like Buffy but with an older protagonist. In some ways it is--its humorous, with a female lead who is flying by the seat of her pants and has a support circle that helps to save her often, but in others its not.

In Book 2 Lizzie seems to have things a little more under control and has accepted (if not happily) her genetic birthright. Unfortunately life has a way of messing thin
Seduced By Books
Jul 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Ok, I have to do these reviews together, because I snagged these up at a sale, and blew through them all in one weekend, so it was like one big fun book all together.

The story line was a little reminiscent of Katie MacAlister’s Aisling Grey series, which I LOVE. Our poor girl, gets sucked into a world she didn’t know anything about, her dog starts talking and she has a gorgeous shifter. Fox definitely kept it fun.

In Book 1, Fox tosses you right into Lizzie, and the craziness kicks up in full g
chucklesthescot
Sep 01, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, humour, uf-pnr
Lizzie is a beginner demon slayer, still trying to work out what she is doing. Uncle Phil has been seduced by a succubus and is being used as part of a plan for world domination and only Lizzie, the biker witch gang and her griffin boyfriend Dimitri can save the world. Add in a cute talking Jack Russell and you have your plot.

The best thing about the book is the biker witches who don't get enough exposure. I'd rather have read more about them than Dimitri and his sex obsession when more importa
Tracy
I was hoping for more from this book. I liked the plot, most of the characters and the descriptions. Yet, it took me three times as long to finish it because a lot more things were preferable than sitting down and reading about Lizzie bitch about her circumstances. 1) In the last 30 years she has missed out on getting to know her Fairy Godfather Phil, who is also her Uncle. 2) She had to get a Demon Slayer's learner permit before she could go to Las Vegas to try and save Phil from a Succubus. 3) ...more
Ellz Readz
My thoughts...Book 2 of Angie Fox's Demon Slaying series takes readers on a magical tour of Sin City. This time she is up against a Succubus who has stolen her Fairy Godfather. All of my favorite characters were there including The Biker Witch gang, Dimitri and little Pirate. I saw a different side of Dimitri in this book, he was very vulnerable. Lizzy definitely grew into her black slayer books and her powers.

The plot was fun, and it taught the readers more about the mysteries of Fox's magical
Debbie
Jun 08, 2009 rated it liked it
This book was funny and kept moving at a good pace but I can't say I loved it. I did not read the first book in the series (and it did not feel like you had to) but I am not sure if that made a difference. Lizzie's grandmother cracked me up and I loved her dog, Pirate! Lizzie is one of those perfect good girls who has never gotten a ticket and not even an over due library book fine but she needs to learn how to kick some major butt fast as she tries to rescue her uncle from a succubi. Then she f ...more
Mrs. Missive
Oct 06, 2010 rated it liked it
This was a solid three an a half stars for me. This book had a lot going on. We start out with Lizzie trying to save her Fairy Godfather. While trying to get her Demon Slayer lisence (this whole part could have been left out in my opinion), she learns of a demonic invasion, stays in a magical hotel, has evil numbers appearing on her body, discovers a gateway to hell, all while trying not to have sex with her eye-color changing boyfriend so she can save the planet from the apocolypse. I don't kno ...more
Alexandria
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this book and I just listened to it on audible. It was great in both versions. I enjoyed the audio book because I was able to "read" and do other things at the same time. Now every time that I read a book in this series, I will hear the voices.
☀Rachael☀
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this one more than book 1! Gotta love a talking dog!
Nícky
Jan 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Adiós a la saga. Abandono. Lo dejo. Me aburre, me cansa, me tengo que obligar a acabar los libros.... Se acabó.
Laurielu Bona Fide Reflections
Another wonderful installment that has it all: adventure, love, family, and -this time- ghosts. Very entertaining read.
Jackie
Read as part of kindle 3-in-1 digital bundle. Book 1 introduced former preschool teacher Lizzie Brown to the world of the supernatural and started her on the road to fulfilling her destiny as a slayer of demons.

Now in 2nd book Lizzie hones her talent and manages to further her relationship with shapeshifting boyfriend Dimitri.
A Greek Griffin/Human combo whose yummy factor is balanced by his alpha male tendency to wrap her in cotton wool, if she would let him do so to keep her safe from the dange
Barb Shuler
Dec 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to say his was a great story. I thought the way the characters interacted and he storyline were flawless, however, it was a little too much in a few spots. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. There was just a lot going on to keep up with.

As always Tavia Gilbert did an amazing job bringing this story to life. It makes the book much more enjoyable when you can have someone bring it to life for you and hats what she does.

Pirate, OMG, I love that little dog! He is to die for. Lizzie wouldn’
Tonya Johansson
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book took a nose dive.. The first book in the series was great. This one did a 180 on me. It was repetitive, and Damitrie turned into a whimp. The I can do it all by myself got old real quick. I will only go on to the next in the series if I don't have anything else to read. Sad I had such high hopes. Foiled again.
Amanda Hicks
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-fiction
I love Angie Fox. Her books always find a way to make me laugh.

Our slayer heads to Vegas in book 2 and it is adventurous, funny, and down to earth believable (interaction wise... not so sure about the supernatural side).
Windy Blevins-tolliver
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love these books! What more can you ask for??? Witches, griffins... fairies...talking dogs... demons and succubi... And of course the slayer...

This series provides much comic relief on stressful days
Jim
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
I would rate this book as only okay. There were some fun moments but too much of the story was too far out for me to enjoy. The ending was also a problem with the heroine using a heretofore unknown power to save the day. I will read another, but I hope the next one is better.
Dee
Nov 21, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I REALLY ENJOYED FIRST BOOK INTERESTING STORY LINE . BUT GAVE THIS BOOK 3 STARS BECAUSE OF GRATUITOUS SEX SCENES I FOUND UNNECESSARY FOR THE STORY LINE
Angela Germano
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm into these books from Angie Fox now. They are so much fun to read.
DEQUISE ROBINSON
May 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
Maybe it's because I listened to the book this time but the main character is annoying and helpless. I like a book with a strong femal lead not one that whines at every turn
Madison Mega-Mara...: #55 - The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers 1 1 Mar 07, 2016 09:02PM
Angie Fox Virtual Signing 5/5/2009 - One Day Event 1 6 May 05, 2009 08:45PM
  • James Games
  • My Zombie Valentine (Dark Ones #4.5)
  • Evil Red (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #2.6)
  • My Way to Hell (Hell #2)
  • Lies, Damned Lies, and History (The Chronicles of St Mary's, #7)
  • Dragons Prefer Blondes (Caruthers Sisters #2)
  • Maneater
  • Demons Are a Girl's Best Friend (Hex, #5)
  • Every Demon Has His Day (Demon, #1)
  • Incubus of Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun, #6)
  • Diary of the Gone
  • Sucker for Love (Dead End Dating #5)
  • The Troll
  • The Junior Bridesmaid
  • Mastered (The MASTERED Saga)
  • Peacemaker (The Flash Gold Chronicles, #3)
  • Bell, Book, and Murder
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Angie Fox writes sweet, fun, action-packed mysteries. Her characters are clever and fearless, but in real life, Angie is afraid of basements, bees, and going up stairs when it is dark behind her. Let’s face it. Angie wouldn’t last five minutes in one of her books.

Angie is best known for her SOUTHERN SPIRITS™ mysteries, and for her ACCIDENTAL DEMON S
More about Angie Fox

Demon Slayer (8 books)
  • The Accidental Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, #1)
  • A Tale of Two Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer, #3)
  • Last of the Demon Slayers (Demon Slayer, #4)
  • My Big Fat Demon Slayer Wedding (Demon Slayer, #5)
  • Beverly Hills Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, #6)
  • Night of the Living Demon Slayer (Demon Slayer, #7)
  • What to Expect When Your Demon Slayer is Expecting (Demon Slayer, #8)
“I closed my eyes and invoked the girlfriend privilege, planting my icy feet in the warm spot between his calves. Oh yes…his heat seared my frozen toes.” 1 likes
“I love you because love to me is about finding the person you want to be with." He drew me in, kissed me. "And being there no matter what.” 0 likes