Start by marking “Married Lovers” as Want to Read:
Married Lovers

Married Lovers

Personal trainer Cameron Paradise flees Hawaii and her abusive champion-surfer husband, Gregg, and makes her way to L.A. With her to-die-for looks, it doesn't take Cameron long to find a job at an exclusive private fitness club. Every man she meets comes on to her, but Cameron is more focused on opening her own studio one day than getting caught up in the L.A. scene of ...more
Published June 2nd 2009 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published June 10th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Married Lovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Married Lovers

Start your review of Married Lovers
Susan
Jul 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolute rubbish from start to finish but I couldn't put it down. The perfect poolside vacation book, and you can toss it in the bin with pride when you're done with it.
Adriana
Jun 26, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance novel lovers
well i finished it finally today.

I must say i loved it. I am so into these kind of books. I know i know... what can i say- im not ashamed :)

I recommend this book if you are into family drama, couple problems, Hollywood sex drama, and Russian prostitution. I must say i cant wait to read my next romance novel... Rogue? maybe...

I loved all the characters - Mandy, ANya, Cameron, Don... especially him- Ryan- poor guy- good guys dont end up loosing :)
Ju Haghverdian
There were a few things that bugged me quite a bit in this book... the stereotypes that were borderline prejudice.. the "out of work actor-type valet", the "unemployed model/actor waiter", the Hispanic trainer lines with "mucho bucks", "mucho hot" was pesky.
For a mindless reading/listening it was ok, the story itself was not bad, just the execution that lacked something more.
JANET
Jul 20, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: JACKIE COLLINS FANS
Shelves: jackie-collins
TYPICAL JACKIE COLLINS BOOK. EASY READ, TRASHY, LOTS OF SEX AND CHEATING. GREAT SUMMER READ, LOVED IT.
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
Married Lovers is in the same vein as other Collins novels, with intricate characters, lots of Hollywood intrigue and some quite enticing characters.

This and all my other reviews are originally posted on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews
H L C
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Annette Keating
Jan 29, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Total garbage. And borderline racist to be honest. The Latina character's name is Shakira and the Japanese neighbor is Mr.Wasabi..?? Really?? There should be a Spanish character named Mr. Sombrero. The other characters are so obviously based on real celebrities- to the point where only the name is different. Ludicrous book. But honestly, what more could I have expected?
mary
Mar 30, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
awful book. i forced myself to make it at least 1/2 way until i just couldn't last anymore. the plot is empty, the dialogues are reminiscent of 12-year-olds, and the characters are written in such a juvenile, unimpressive, and stereotypical manner. i tried to even skip half the book and read the last 50 pages or so to see how it ends but it was just ridiculous and i couldn't get past two scenes towards the end. i expected more from this book with the ratings it had. i thought it would be at ...more
Hol
Apr 22, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Jackie Collins books are a guilty pleasure. Sometimes you just need a trashy novel. Married Lovers is an easy read with lots of smut, romance, but also a pretty sad story when it comes to one of the characters. Definitely worth a read if you fancy a bit of chick lit.
Lynn
I picked this because Jackie Collins stated one of the characters was based upon Craig Ferguson. How much fun would that be!

Perfect for a summer read - light, fast and mindless.
Linda
Jun 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Trash at its best...enjoyed every minute of it. As always with Jackie Collins.
Rashmi Kamath
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Married Lovers by Jackie Collins is, for the lack of better words, a typical Jackie-Collins read! For those who aren’t familiar with this author, a lion’s share of her publications is known for her straightforward portrayal of life in Hollywood inclusive of both its charisma and angst in its highest glory. Married Lovers encompasses multiple characters, and it would be erroneous to identify any one single individual as a protagonist considering their balanced influence in the narrative. ...more
ABCD
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hadn't read a Jackie book in a while before picking this one up, so it took a bit of time to get used to her writing style (and themes) again but once I was I was immersed.

The story was typical Jackie, if you've read any of her US based stories they are all sort of in the same universe. I enjoyed this book, the only thing I was disappointed in was the ending, it all ended too quickly for my liking and the epilogue was a bit short.
Samantha A.
Nikki Winson
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jackie Collins is my guilty pleasure and again she took me to my happy place with hollywood decadence. It's trashy, brain candy and why I love her books. It didn't pack the big punches that some of her books have but still amd enjoyable read. The characters although not relatable (as I'm no hollywood star) are still likeable and i love how she mentions some characters from her "Lucky Santangelo" books. All in all an easy and enjoyable read.
Sheu Quen
Oct 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Everything's common and predictable when it comes to Hollywood but at least with all the sex and politics, there is still room for betrayal. And boy, that was one big betrayal because that dog could still hunt and it ended up in an unfortunate murder.
Lindsey Rojem
Definitely not what I expected. It was superficial and crass, read like a teenager's first novel not an experienced author's. It was fast paced but I didn't its pushy attempt to be modern, or the language and context.
Aug 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: popular-fiction
I love Jackie Collins, but this is by far the worst book by her that I've read. She relies way too much on already-used tropes and characterizations, and even the Hollywood stuff that is ordinarily so entertaining in her books is boring here. I couldn't even finish it.
Iffah Arshad
Dec 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I only read a few pages and it's ENOUGH! Couldnt bear it anymore. It's sooooo terrible. Oh my god. The conversations does not helps the plot to expand. The characters are all very dreamy and annoying at some point.

I really hate it. Oh my god. I never did this to a book but I really hate it.
Erikka Blankenship
I won't be reading anything else by this author.
Holly
Apr 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks for writing something that wasn’t a predictable read. Chick lit can get so boring these days.

I’m a little disappointed by the wishy washy ending but it was a good holiday read.
Marisa Ferraro
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love Jackie's take on passion, lust and when desire and greed get the best of you.
Interesting and kept me wanting to read more.
Anna Louise
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Jackie collins, her books are funny and she carries on multiple character stories that weave together so seamlessly
Elizabeth
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
another great book from one of my fav authors!
Cynthia
Oct 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why didnt they finish
the book i wanted to see what would happen with ryan richard and cameron paradise its not fairwhyyyy really interesting (sorry im a tad late) can she plz finish it
Julie Martinez
Good but Phil sucks!! I would have never put up with that!
Laura Brown
May 30, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Better than some.....
Kelly Hall
Not a bad read, enjoyed it for sure but it’s nothing in comparison to the Santangelo series which I have read multiple times. This one though, one time read
Ilia
Jan 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got this book for free and decided to read it, couldnt put it down I loved it very good book.
Mammie
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved how her characters flow from one book to the next. You feel like you know everyone.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
huh... 3 8 Mar 16, 2014 08:06AM
Married Lo vers 2 20 Jun 08, 2013 04:36PM
Jackie Collins Fans: Lovers & Players 1 3 Nov 15, 2012 12:33AM
Jackie Collins Fans: Married Lovers 1 2 Nov 15, 2012 12:32AM

• L.A. Candy (L.A. Candy, #1)
  • The End Game
  • Un pequeño error
  • Gold Diggers
  • Give Me Hell (Give Me, #4)
  • Riverboat Point
  • Love at First Date (Better Date than Never, #1)
  • Truth or Date (Better Date than Never, #2)
  • Dragon Undercover (Dark Scales Division #1)
  • The Tea Chest
  • And Babies Make Seven
  • Unbreakable: A True Story
  • Extinguished Hope
  • A Christmas Beginning (Christmas Stories, #5)
  • A Christmas Visitor (Christmas Stories, #2)
  • Les gens fidèles ne font pas les nouvelles
  • A Christmas Secret (Christmas Stories, #4)
  • The Mugger (87th Precinct, #2)
There have been many imitators, but only Jackie Collins can tell you what really goes on in the fastest lane of all. From Beverly Hills bedrooms to a raunchy prowl along the streets of Hollywood; from glittering rock parties and concerts to stretch limos and the mansions of power brokers-Jackie Collins chronicles the real truth from the inside looking out.

Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy
“Men are cheaters.
Women are not to be trusted.
And most people are dumb.”
50 likes