Start by marking “Dreamfever (Fever, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dreamfever (Fever, #4)

Dreamfever

(Fever #4)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  83,984 ratings  ·  4,588 reviews
MacKayla Lane lies naked on the cold stone floor of a church, at the mercy of the erotic Fae master she once swore to kill. Far from home, unable to control her sexual hungers, MacKayla is now fully under the Lord Master’s spell.…In New York Times bestselling author Karen Marie Moning’s stunning new novel, the walls between human and Fae worlds have come crashing down. And ...more
Published August 18th 2009 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Dreamfever, please sign up.
Sherry There is absolutely no fucking, fecking reason for Mac's hair to still be black. The reason she dyed it was so no one could find her. Everyone and…moreThere is absolutely no fucking, fecking reason for Mac's hair to still be black. The reason she dyed it was so no one could find her. Everyone and thing has found her. Yes, the author seems to think that she has to be a tough looking rainbow wearing brunette. Gag. I am losing patience with this series, and still I read. What is wrong with me. AARRRGGGHHHH(less)

·  83,984 ratings  ·  4,588 reviews

Lyndsey
SPOILER FREE - HAPPY DAAAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!

Well, frak me, spank my petunia and call me Susie!! If your Jericho Barrons, that is. He could call me Susie, Fiona, Mac (Miss Lane if your nasty). Whatever the hell he wants to call me.

Gawd, if you thought Barrons was naughtee with double e's in the other books, I'm here to tell you that he is naughteeeeeee with infinite e's in this one!! Seriously, some of the other girls have already agreed with me that we need to find this man and spank him. So, who's
Kat Kennedy
Mar 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
When I finished this book, I jumped up and down on the bed, tossed junk on the floor and screamed. I pulled at my hair and threw pillows mercilessly at the wall, annoyed that they didn't BREAK the wall and only landed with a less than satisfying thud before tumbling to the ground.

This was an excellent book, as all the others are, with deep and interesting characters, character growth, a brave new world to explore with excellent writing, as I've come to expect from Ms. Moning. Rich in language (t
Helen 2.0
Feb 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Maybe in the moment of being born and the moment of dying, we're nearer to pure. Maybe it's the only time we're ever still enough to feel that there's something bigger than us; something that defeats entropy; that has always been and will always be. A thing that cant be flipped. Call it what you will.
I only know it's divine.

"Divine" sums up my opinion of this series pretty well. Every installment only gets more fascinating, more convoluted, more addicting. I have no idea how I managed to wai
Tatiana
May 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Tatiana by: Kat Kennedy
WTH? Who ends books like this? What was the point? As if I wouldn't read Shadowfever without this awful cliffhanger. Dreamfever's cliffhanger ending really touched my nerve. I was barely able to tolerate Faefever's mid-scene cut-off, mainly because I had the next installment readily available to me, but this time I have to wait for almost 6 months to see what happens! Pardon my language, but that's a fecked up thing to do to the readers!

Ok, I am going to calm down now.

Dreamfever starts where Fa
Mo
Nov 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

WOW, great start to this one.

BARRONS

MAC

I always wanted to own a bookshop when I was younger. I was raised on books, no ipods, mac books, ipads, PCs, kindles for lil’ ol’ me. It was Enid Blyton all the way.

Doubt if many bookstores like this even exist anymore, the chains have taken over, the Chapters, the Waterstones, the Easons, the Barnes and Nobles.
“Our sex is fierce. We will both be bruised.

"I want it to always be like this," I tell him.

"Try holding onto that thought."

"I do not n
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
In my experience, sensory discordance has almost always been limited to audio/visual. For example, seeing Orlando Bloom and Viggo Mortensen (Legolas and Aragorn, to the uninformed---I weep for you) standing next to Peter Jackson. Or maybe drifting off to sleep to the soothing sound of a solo violin, only to be blasted awake by the some angry riffs of Japanese hair metal that for some fucking reason I idiotically decided I want included in my "sleepytime" playlist a few days back.

I didn't know th
Maria Clara
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Confirmado! A la Moning le gusta hacernos sufrir.... Y de qué manera! La conde'a... jaja
Navessa
You tried, you really did. You thought that it would be enough, prayed that it would be enough. But it wasn’t. The four horsemen have come, the world as you know it is over and you had a front row seat for its demise.

But don’t worry, it gets worse. Your will has been stripped from you, you’ve been violated on every conceivable level, your enemies have turned you into a mindless slave and you’re totally and completely alone.

…or so you think.

What would you do in this situation? With the fate of
Lora
Jan 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
For those who don't have Facebook and didn't see this . . .

Moning posted a deleted scene from Dreamfever on her Facebook page on 4/21/13. Here it is in full, but be warned, it is spoilery unless you've read all of Dreamfever:

Deleted Scene/DREAMFEVER

“You’re not the only fucking one that got branded!” Barrons slammed his fist into the wall behind my head. Bits of plaster dusted my shoulders.

Oh, really? I wasn’t the only one walking around with a mark on me I didn’t want? Our gazes locked and I je
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
First reread with my girl Tanya, January 2015.

Think you'll be getting another review out of me after this reread?
Think again. I don't have time for this. A dead beast awaits .

********

Original review: November 2014

Out of control buddy read with my MacHalo girls starting November, 24 2014.

Up until a few weeks ago, my life had been pretty much gif-less. I've always been one for words, not for silly images. I'm no longer 15 for God's sake! Well, that's what I was telling myself anyway. Then our in
Christina
Aug 20, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uf
I don't get it. Why does it always seem so essential that strong,independent heroines must be treated to a life-altering,almost always traumatic experience in order to come into full bloom? Is it not possible that strength of character is naturally-occuring,not forced out by necessity? Must it always come down to something? It is something I have encountered in one too many books lately.

That's what really bothered me in Dreamfever.I absolutely love the Fever series and had grown extremely fond o
Alex is The Romance Fox
"I STILL HATE IT
BUT I GET IT NOW"

from Mac's Journal............I am so enthralled by Mac and the world she has discovered never existed in her previous life and I follow her wherever she goes.

I am so immersed in this series…..just can’t get enough!!!!!
After being left breathless…again…by the cliffhanger in Faefever…see my review http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/71... I needed to find out what happens Mac…what could possibly be worse than her experience with the Unseelie Princes?? Suddenly real
Lindsey Rey
Jul 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, fantasy
[4.5 Stars]
OMG THAT ENDING THOUGH
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW?!

description

This book was fantastic. The beginning had me like...

description

Then, there was a lot of this...

description

And, I'm left with this holy-crap-on-a-cracker kind of ending?! Once again, I'm so glad I have the next book in this series ready to go. I am stunned.

description

And, because I refuse... REFUSE to accept that ending...

description

I'm off to read the next book in this series pronto.

Flannery

Other thoughts:
(view spoiler)
Jennifer Kyle
*5 Fecking Stars*

description

After the way the last book ended I had to go immediately into this one and let me tell you…it was intense, action packed and oh so sexy.

Mac has been turned Pri-ya after the brutal ending of the last book. There is only one who can save her and bring her back and oh friends he sure does!

” “Our sex is fierce. We will both be bruised.

"I want it to always be like this," I tell him.

"Try holding onto that thought."

"I do not need to try. I will never feel differently."

Embarrass
Sh3lly (GrumpyBookGrrrl.com)
Third Read November 2015: 4 stars
Second Read November 2014: 5 stars
First Read September 2014: 5 stars

New thoughts on the third read: I give the first 11% of this book a million stars! The ending is fantastic! The middle? Ehhhhhhh. I struggled with it. It was boring and all about the drama with the sidhe-seers, and I just don't care about them. It's important for the world-building, and I understand it, but it's my third time reading it, and it didn't interest me much. So I am deducting a star.
4 Stars

Well that was an

Dreamfever is both my favourite AND least favourite book in this series, thus far. How is that a thing, you ask? I DON’T KNOW!!

This is a story of hells and heavens, lies and truths, reality and surrealism. I am well aware I make no sense right now.

“You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl.”

And I mourn that loss, even as I know that the world needs you. The world needs you back, healthy, strong. You thought you had broken before, when you lost Alina, but there are so many more ways
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 and then some millions Petunia-kicking and FECKing amazing Stars

We’re taking back the night!

I am Mac. And I‘m back...

description

Sisters.... after THAT ending I am starting the next and when my heart starts slowing down and I am sure that I won't die, I am promising you one HELL of a review deserving of this tremendously amazing book!

Jericho, MY LOVE, what the HELL??

♡Karlyn P♡
Whew! What a fecken rush!! Just finished it!
(NO SPOILERS, just my thoughts.)

Love the series and this book! Despite it being nearly midnight here, I don't think I'll be able to sleep for several hours as I need to clear my mind and decrease my heart rate. If you've already read this book, you know how hard that is going to be!

The paranormal elements of the series is really starting to intensify, with more creatures, magic, danger and worldly realms. I am completed sucked into this world.

The st
Mada Linx
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Re-read 09.06.2018

Wow, Wow, Wow.

It doesn’t stop!!!

How much longer will the awesomeness continue?
Emily May
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal-uf, 2011

Plot: 5 stars
Characters: 5 stars
Writing: 5 stars
Sexiness: 5 stars (off the scale)
Ending: 5 stars

Overall: 5 stars

Jonnie
If you couldn't already tell, I'm infatuated with this series. Not only will I re-read all the books over and over again, but Barrons has taken top spot as the literary man of my dreams (sorry Atticus Finch) - and I still have one book to go, which I am not ready for because good things can't and shouldn't end.

Dreamfever is, for lack of better words, fucking AWESOME. Stuff finally happens. Questions are finally answered. Mac is the fiery and fierce heroine I've come to lurve and Barrons just doe
☆☽Erica☾☆
Dec 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: err'one
Recommended to ☆☽Erica☾☆ by: myself
Shelves: fantasy

I'm dying inside.

This is such an epic fucking STORY.

Like in the same way that Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones is a story.

They all take storytelling to its most fundamental and beautiful form.

This author is telling something, not a ego-filled conceptualization of their own fantasies filled with melodrama to cushion the lack of true plot. THERE IS ACTUALLY A STORY TO TELL.

And holy fuck does Karen Marie Moning have stuff to say.

Super recommend.
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted on Under the Covers

MONING KNOWS HOW TO FUCK WITH ME!

She expertly teases you to the point of sobbing, until you’re dying from anticipation. When you think you know what to expect, she completely turns you for a loop and you are left feeling exasperated. But even when you don’t think you can handle anymore, her writing gnaws at you until you give in to your next fix.

I’ve grown mad over this series and I wouldn’t have it any other way!!

DREAMFEVER was my favourite of the Fever series. Readin
Sophia Triad
A Priya and Barrons are getting intimate, learning each other in the beginning of the book.

Barrons is Barrons because he told her that it is his name.
The Priya is Mac because he told her that it is her name.

If you don’t know what a priya is, you have started reading the series from the wrong book. Start again, trying another book first.

When Mac and Barrons are having sex together finally, it will be fantastic but it will also be bitter. Because it is not a matter of a mutual decision or because
Aly's Bookish Wonderland
You know you have it bad for a series when you think: "If I start reading now, I'll finish this book by midnight, start the next one and if I put it down by 3am then I am still able to get six hours of uninterrupted sleep which means I can finish it tomorrow before work and suffer through the brutal book hangover over the weekend."

Not even sorry.
Beth
So I actually threw this book across the room when I finished it. I was frustrated and upset and god dammit, I needed more except there wasn't any more to be had. Cliffhanger City. Again! AAARGH!!!

It's a good thing my husband is a sound sleeper, although it did startle both the cats (who've started sleeping with us again now that it's getting chilly at night). And after recovering from my childish burst of emotion, I had to heave my big, pregnant belly out of bed, waddle across the room, bend ov
Mizuki
Pre-review:I am still not sure if I want to read this sequel, after suffering three books, I think I have had enough.

And today I read this review:

(view spoiler)
Giselle
Sep 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? If I didn't have book #5 I would be FURIOUS. She can't leave us hanging like THAT!! Mean, mean woman!

Oh my god. This book ends on a Huge cliffhanger so beware! In this 4th instalment, all hell has broken loose and Mac has been through worse than hell. Or maybe not? I'm not sure. It didn't seem so bad, right? (haha). The novel starts strong and keeps going with tons of energy. But, not surprisingly, the questions are still piling up. We got a teasing glance in Barrons past, but
Vampires, Weres a...: Buddy Read: Dreamfever 47 17 Apr 05, 2019 07:43AM
X's & O's Romance...: Dreamfever 1 9 Jan 18, 2018 04:27PM
Moning Maniacs: Dreamfever (Book #4) 158 408 Oct 01, 2015 08:33AM
  • Lying Season (Experiment in Terror, #4)
  • Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4)
  • Double Cross (The Disillusionists #2)
  • Magic Slays (Kate Daniels, #5)
  • The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2)
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
  • Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3)
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
  • The Shattered Dark (Shadow Reader, #2)
“The only other calling I ever felt was an irrepressible desire to be Captain of my own Starship. I was born in the wrong century and it wasn’t possible, so I chose to explore the universe by writing fiction instead. Books are doors to endless adventure.” -KMM

Karen Marie Moning is the #1 NYT bestselling author of the Fever Series and Highlander novels.

An alum of the Immaculate Conception Academy,

Fever (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Darkfever (Fever, #1)
  • Bloodfever (Fever, #2)
  • Faefever (Fever, #3)
  • Shadowfever (Fever, #5)
  • Iced (Fever, #6)
  • Burned (Fever, #7)
  • Feverborn (Fever, #8)
  • Feversong (Fever, #9)
  • High Voltage (Fever, #10)
  • Kingdom of Shadow and Light (Fever, #11)
“You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl.” 903 likes
“He shakes me."Say my name."
"No."
"Damn it,would you just cooperate?"
"I do not know that word,'cooperate.'"
"Obviously,"he growls.
"I think you make up words."
"I do not make up words."
"Do,too."
"Do not."
"Too."
"Not."
I laugh
"Woman you make me crazed,"he mutters.
We do this often.Get into childish arguments.He is stubborn,my beast.”
493 likes