Start by marking “Influenced (The Influenced Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Influenced

Kelsey Clayton

Influenced (The Influenced Series, #1)

Blurb to come.

To ask other readers questions about Influenced, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Influenced

Start your review of Influenced (The Influenced Series, #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
2e0pm6g 90ca45e7e7c6ddfa7f3d6d91a5f154bd-1-3-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1
'🅸🅽🅵🅻🆄🅴🅽🅲🅴🅳' Is the first full length romance book in 'The Influenced' series by 'Kelsey Clayton.' Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

Life kind of stops existing when I read something by this author, so I knew going into this, that this book would consume me and boy I wasn't wrong. She definitely turned up the angst dial on this one, these two did my head in, but god did I lap it up!!

Kaia is a new influencer on the block, who gets invited to live in Swype house along with others in her league
Kursed Reads
Kaia Blakely is the newest social media influencer, to be invited to live in the Swype House LA, a content house.

Her arrival brings out the worst in Dex, a mysterious skateboarder who previously had the highest follower count.

When his temper gets the best of him and his “pranks” go too far, backfiring, a fauxmance is born.

I love the banter between all the Swype House members. Constantly needling one another, Dex and Kaia regularly had me grinning and laughing out loud. That said, it takes a m
FictionalDen
Jun 13, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, four-star, 2022-read
4/5

Kaia Blakely, is an upcoming star on the Swype app. Because of her new popularity she gets the opportunity to join a content house “The Swype House LA” and collaborate with the most loved and envied stars of her generation. Everyone in the house is welcoming except for Declan.

Declan is another content creator who lives in the swype house. He and Kaia start off on the wrong foot as he believes she doesn’t respect the members of the house and sees them as more of an opportunity than people. He
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4,5 "Cacophonous!!!" stars***

Welcome to the Swype House...

I adore Kelsey's stories and in here, she had the most amazing and very modern idea to turn our reality into a delicious story that had everything inside...
Welcome to the Swype House, a house that is housing the biggest influencers on the planet!!!
I was intrigued from the very first moment and this journey excited me very much!!!
I can not wait for more stories into this beautiful and extravagant world!!!
Kelsey did so good for o
Vanessa (When Vane Reads)
What a ride, I loved the story, so good, I devoured it in one sitting.

Kaia and Declan are part of Swype House, a place where the most famous influencers live, Kaia is the last to join the house and we are going to say that their relationship starts off on the wrong foot, he starts to play pranks on her and suddenly a video that looks like they are flirting goes viral so they are forced to fake a relationship.

But as the story progresses, they begin to spend time together and what starts out fak
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jun 10, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ratula
Ahhh!!! Kelsey Clayton just delivered the most epic summer read. Influenced was sexy, addicting and so delicious!! I loved the entire premise of the Swype House and all the influencer housemates! This story had spice, angst and the connection between Declan and Kaia was perfection!

Anyone who knows me knows that I love me some Enemies to Lovers. But add in an uber sexy hero and I am sold!! Overall this was a solid start to this new series. I loved the dynamic cast of characters and how each one p
jess
Jun 11, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Influenced is the first book of The Influenced Series! It’s a great start to an intriguing series with characters that are fun to get to know.

This book is such an enjoyable read. Kaia and Declan are fun to read about for so many reasons. The hate-to-love vibes are everything !!! It makes reading their moments interesting. They both have insane chemistry that was written so well.

If you like enemies to lovers vibes, fake relationship vibes and some fun banter then you’ll enjoy this one! The side
Karin
Jun 10, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kaia and Declan’s story was like a Instagram version of big brother and I was all about it. Declan isn’t to happy when Kaia is asked to be apart of the “influencers” household and he’s definitely not afraid to show it in the cutest and most humorous ways
Jennifer G
May 06, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Swype House is the LA home to today's hottest social influencers. Identical twins Havoc and Mayhem, Extreme Sport Icon Rhys, Triple-threat Maisee, extravagant Lux, colorful Nate, make-up artist, skateboarder Oakley, thirst-trap Declan, and the founder Beau are joined by the newest addition to the house dance trend phenom Kaia Blakely. And immediately sparks fly between Declan and Kaia. Social media takes sides but what if they combine forces? Can they get blow it all up?

This book is SO MUCH
Aundi Living That Book Life
Influenced is a fun, flirty laugh out loud Rom Com from Kelsey Clayton. Making it the perfect summer read, low angst and high fun this book will keep a permanent smile on your face. Declan and Kaia are all you could want and more, enemies to lovers is one of my fav troupes and Kelsey nailed is as per usual.

This was a fascinating storyline that I’ve never read before and one that is so on point with today’s culture. Influenced follows the lives of a group of housemates that are influencers in th
Jenifer Briggs
Jun 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is hands down my FAVORITE book Kelsey has ever written!! Omg, it was so fun, hilarious, sexy and emotional and the banter between Kaia and Dex was just GOLD. Plus the entire crew is just amazeballs and I can't wait for them all to get their own stories!!

So Kaia rose to viral fame after doing this dance on a social media platform, and because of that she has been invited to live at Swype House with a bunch of other young influencers. Everyone is so warm and inviting and freaking hilarious (
Intel Chicky Reads Romance (Kara Merideth)
Story: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Trope: forced proximity, enemies to lovers, bully, fake relationship
Angst: 😱😱😱😱
Smexy: 🔥🔥🔥

Took me a bit, but in the end, I really enjoyed it and am super looking forward to the next book in the series!

Kaia is an influencer from Michigan who gets invited to move to LA to live in "Swype House", a place for some of the country's hottest influencers live, hang out, and, for lack of a better word, influence. Kaia gets off on the wrong foot with Declan, one of the other house guests and
Mandy’s Book Reviews
This was a fantastic start for this new series! I loved Kaia and Declan I loved the banter the love hate the attraction these two feel for each other is real this was such a fun sexy and lol read I loved all the side characters this author truly nailed it with this story about Influencers it’s unique and fresh and I personally couldn’t get enough of this story! I highly recommend anything by Kelsey and she excels in the enemies to lovers trope throw in some laughter some flirty fun and sexy time ...more
Shay
Jun 12, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kaia and Declan had me LMMFAO with their witty banter and the love hate attraction these two have.

This was an amazing start to a new series and I can't wait to have more.

This was fun and sexy and I really enjoyed these two a lot, I couldn't get enough of them!
Bexxy (Desperately Seeking HEA's Blog)
I am OBSESSED! Obsessed with Kaia and Dex. Obsessed with these characters (I’m looking at you Mayhem and Havoc 😍) and obsessed with ALL THINGS Swype House!

As soon as I read the blurb for Influenced I was instantly intrigued. I’m secretly obsessed with the goings on of Influencer Houses and was so keen to see how this storyline would go.

Kelsey Clayton picked a fantastic storyline for these characters that fitted them flawlessly. I was so impressed by the way she wrote not only the character dev
Hopelessly Addicted To Books
3.5 Stars

The first book in a new series and Kelsey has given us something completely different in the Hollywood genre. This book sees famous social media influencers move into the Swype House together. Kaia Blakely ditches college when the bright lights come calling but she didn't count on resident heartthrob Declan Royce.

As with most first books in a series we get to meet all the guys in the house who I am assuming will get their own books. A lot of time is spent on the character development o
Jaime Mott
Jun 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to Swype House! This is the first book in a new series by Kelsey Clayton. It focuses on influencers who all live in one house in LA. We get to meet Kaia, the newest influencer. On social media it looks like she has the perfect life. But as we all know, not everything on social media tells the truth. Kaia gets caught on a video with another of the house mates and all of a sudden what was really an argument leads to the world thinking they are in love. So they have to fake it to make it. W ...more
Amanda
Jun 09, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Kelsey Clayton. She has created some of my favorite worlds with some of my favorite characters. So when I heard she was giving us a new series, I was stoked. And she did. Not. Disappoint. Influenced is the first book in her new series.

The book centers around Kaia, a newbie influencer, and Declan, a broody, thirst-trapper. They don’t have the best of introductions and end up trying to outdo each other in the prank department. Declan takes things a bit too far and suffers the consequences.
Gail
Jun 09, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG this book Ya'll!! SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!! So this book made me think.. if TikTok met reality TV (like big brother or something) LA's biggest and top influencers living under one roof.. Kelsey had me from page 1.. and I could not put this down..

Kaia and Declan.. ahhh what can I say... I LOOOOOVED them... I loved the chemistry, the back and forth banter... just everything.

From the minute Kaia walked into the house Declan had it in for her... but when a video of them (or not really of them, but w
Amber Carpenter
Jun 11, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I now have a new favorite Kelsey Clayton book!
This is Rom-Com done correctly.

Influenced introduces a fun new cast of characters that made me laugh,and shake my head at their antics. As a viewer,and long time fan of MTV's The Real World,I enjoyed the feelings of friendship, competitiveness, and the dynamics of the cast of Swype House.

Declan and Kaia had such an angsty enemies-to-lovers story, and their chemistry is off the charts. I love a good slow-burn,and theirs didn't disappoint.
Now I canno
Shonna
Jun 09, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to Swype house where all the popular hot influences live together who post regularly on their social media and have thousands of followers!

Kaia gets the opportunity of a lifetime to live her dream and join the other influencers at swype house where Kaia meets Dec. Dec takes an immediate disliking to Kaia and will stop at nothing to make her pack her bags and leave Swype house for good… only it doesn’t exactly go to plan now Dec and Kaia are put into a situation where their forced to fak
Rhiannon King
Jun 17, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Influenced is the first book in Kelsey Clayton’s new series. This book was so fun to read, I don’t think I’ve read a book with this kind of plot before. I really adored Declan and Kaia, the banter between the two was hilarious, Declan’s ego is monstrous and Kaia isn’t afraid to take it down a peg or two. I loved the enemies to lovers vibes these characters were giving off. I can’t wait to read more!!
Bianca
Jun 11, 2022 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Hard DNF!
This just isn’t for me.
I have grown tired of the rich, entitled and privileged MCs this author writes about. It’s monotonous and totally boring.
Also, HYPe/Swype house - very original. I certainly picked up which real life Tik Tokers this author hijacked. Too cliché. It’s safe to say I’m not interested in reading about rich kids who’s greatest struggle is a broken finger nail.
Hope
Jun 30, 2022 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The miscommunication trope is literally my least favourite trope in the entire world. I'm really disappointed. ...more
Christina Szczepan-santos
Absolutely love love and loved this book! You will be hooked immediately!
The Romantic Rush Blog
I really love the premise of this new series- it’s creative and fresh, and incredible attune with the times. In fact, in a world where our next generation is more likely to be able to name all 5 Khardasians more easily than recalling any of our current supreme court justices, I’m surprised we haven’t had more reality/influencer type romance stories to nom on. The premise here reminds me of a popular Netflix show whose name escapes me- where several infamously entertaining influencers all leave t ...more
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Influenced is a whopper of a book and there was a lot to cover and at the center of the story it revolves around...influencers. Yes, the very thing that drives our society on what's hot, what's not and what will get you cancelled faster than the latest tanking TV drama.

I loved the idea, the plot, and ALL the characters!!!!

Influenced is set in an entirely new world, with new characters and a whole new plot development. Set in LA, the perfect backdrop to the rich and famous and living in the publi
503romcomreads
Jun 07, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Swype House is a bunch of popular influencers living together and posting videos on their own pages as well as the official swype house page (think TikTok meets Reality TV). There are several people already living in the house when Kaia, who is an overnight sensation moves in. Declan (Dex) immediately hates her because she didn't research (check out their social media) prior to moving in with them and she has the biggest following.

This is the first book in the series, it seems all the people
LA ReadsRomance
Jun 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny, Sexy, Sweet Rom - A Modern take on the Real World!

Woo! Influenced was not what I was expecting at all. It was freaking better!!! The blurb does not do this story justice! KC totally brought it in this book. It felt so fresh and new, and yet completely Kelsey. Influenced is a must read. The perfect #SUMMERREAD. Grab a copy, a drink and plop yourself in the sun with this gem.

I am so in love with Dex and Kaia #Kailan. This story had me laughing, fanning my face, and tearing up from the angst
Meredith
Jun 15, 2022 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Influenced is book one in Kelsey Clayton's newest series, The Influenced, and I found it to be very different from her other series that I read, Malvagio Mafia Duet which is a dark romance. And while both series are basically polar opposites of one another I think she did an excellent job writing pulling a complete 180. Influenced was an excellent enemies to lovers romance in the gen z era, with Swype (AKA TikTok) being essentially a side character in this book.
Kaia has just moved to LA from Mi
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Cross Checked Hearts (Wyncote Wolves, #1)
  • Golden Wings & Pretty Things (Fractured Rhymes, #0.5)
  • Hold Me Close (All of Me Book 3)
  • The Ruthless Groom (Arranged Marriage, #2)
  • A Vicious Rumor
  • Ruthless Devil (The Ruthless Devils, #4)
  • The Refiner (The Hands of the Potters #2)
  • Dark Knight (Knight's Ridge Empire, #10)
  • Tempest: A Dark College Romance
  • All the Little Things
  • Phase of Hate (Phase Mountain Pack, #2)
  • Dark Princess (Knight's Ridge Empire #11)
  • Savage Games (Bastards of Boulder Cove, #1)
  • Bradford Bastard (Bradford Bastard, #1)
  • Vengeance of a Mafia Queen
  • Blind Side
  • Fallen King (Restless Kings, #3)
  • Press Play
Kelsey Clayton is a USA Today bestselling author of Contemporary Romance novels. She lives in a small town in Delaware with her husband, two kids, and dog.

She is an avid reader of fall hard romance. She believes that books are the best escape you can find, and that if you feel a range of emotions while reading her stories - she succeeded. She loves writing and is only getting started on this life