Jump to ratings and reviews

Lark Cove #5

Timeless

Aubrey Kendrick has dedicated her life to continuing the family legacy. Her time isn’t just money, it’s millions. A workaholic? Yes. According to her ex, she’s married to her job. Is her personal life dull? Maybe. Is her penthouse rather lonely? There’s no time to answer that question.

Too many men have asked her to sacrifice her success to pacify their fragile egos. She’d rather be single than stifled.

Until Landon McClellan strolls into her office and upends her life. He’s as infuriating as he is handsome. He believes spontaneity keeps life interesting and is only happy if he’s rattled her nerves.

Landon is every distraction she cannot afford. But maybe he’s everything she needs.

184 pages, Kindle Edition

First published December 27, 2022

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Devney Perry

64 books10.1k followers
Devney is a Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author who lives in Washington with her husband and two sons. Born and raised in Montana, she loves writing books set in her treasured home state. After working in the technology industry for nearly a decade, she abandoned conference calls and project schedules to enjoy a slower pace at home with her family. Writing one book, let alone many, was not something she ever expected to do. But now that she’s discovered her true passion for writing romance, she has no plans to ever stop.

Visit Devney's website to sign up for her newsletters and learn more about upcoming books.

www.devneyperry.com

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
66 (2%)
1 star
19 (<1%)
Displaying 1 - 30 of 283 reviews
Profile Image for kimberly ☆.
184 reviews2,699 followers
January 1, 2023
first read of 2022

awwww! that’s really the word that encapsulates how i feel about this book, i adored it it was so cute and i loved seeing all my favorite characters from the first book
Profile Image for Alba and Her Secrets..♥.
792 reviews1,001 followers
January 7, 2023
4.5 'Be real' Stars!

Oh, it feels great to be back in Lark Cove and with this amazing crew of beloved characters! What better way to start 2023, am I right? This series made me fall in love with Devney Perry's writing and I was all over the idea of knowing how Audrey and Landon fell in love.

These two! I loved their back and forth, their beautiful connection, their passionate chemistry and all those feels. I also loved getting more scenes with the rest of the characters. I missed them! And can we please talk about that ending in the bonus epilogue? Miss Perry I hope you write Charlie's story in the near future, 'cause I need it REALLY BAD!!
Profile Image for Christi (christireadsalot).
1,577 reviews374 followers
January 1, 2023
Timeless is a novella part of the Lark Cove series (it’s 4.5 in the series). We got a glimpse of the setup of Aubrey and Landon in the last book in the series, Tinsel, so it was fun to see their story and be back with these characters!

I especially loved that the prologue and epilogue are told through Charlie, which is Aubrey’s niece and the daughter of the couple of the very first book in the series. It was so fun to see her all grown up now and possibly getting a story one day too! 👀 I’m here for it if it ever happens! Lol Anyways, so Charlie (Logan & Thea’s daughter, from Tattered), her siblings and parents, and her aunt Aubrey with her husband and their children from New York are all at Lark Cove to spend time together when the story starts! Charlie has recently gone through a bad breakup and her aunt Aubrey tells her about the time her and Landon got together.

“It will happen when it’s supposed to happen. There’s no clock. Love is timeless.”

So chapter 1 jumps us to 9 years earlier with Aubrey and Landon’s romance starting. The story kicks off with a breakup, Aubrey is 35 and the CEO of her family’s multibillion-dollar corporation, Kendrick Enterprises. Her siblings have both found love: Logan (in Tattered) and Sofia (in Tinsel), but Aubrey is just focused on her work. Enter Landon to her life, a police officer who Aubrey first met when he was working on a case for her sister Sofia (we see this in Tinsel). He spent time and became friends with Sofia in her book but he has his sights set on Aubrey. I liked seeing Landon be the pursuer of Aubrey, he definitely has to work to get her attention and get her mind off work. This was super short and sweet, so fun to be back with these characters!
Profile Image for Mindy Lou's Book Review.
2,630 reviews605 followers
January 22, 2023
I loved how realistic this was for Aubrey's character. I can see how her high power position would intimidate a lot of men and that they would not be able to handle dating her. I love that it was a cop that finally could. This was a great addition to the series but it has me wanting Charlie's story so bad! After reading her heartbreak and the reason for Aubrey to share her story, I can not wait to see what happens for Charlie.
Profile Image for Lilyya ♡.
87 reviews9 followers
4.75 stars.

This was the perfect ending for the series. From the prologue until the epilogue’s last pages. Plus I loved that these two were narrated from Charlie’s point of view. hope she’ll get her own book.

Anyway I was looking to read this one for quite a bit, ’cause I loved Aubrey’s character since the first book of the series and, I’m a sucker for a girl boss heroine who’s a workaholic and has no time for dating or a relationship and then bam !! she meets the hero who’s so understanding and cute and that’s Logan for you mesdames et messieurs, he was just the perfect match for her.
Loved these two so much ❤️
Profile Image for vio.
121 reviews16 followers
January 8, 2023
Well, shite. This book felt nostalgic.

To tell you that I'm addicted to this series was an understatement, I love this series so much. The whole 4 books probably safely tucked in the corner of my favorites shelf. When I binged read this series all the characters even appeared in my dreams, it was freaking crazy.

Ending the series with this book? It kind of soothes my tender heart.

But if I may be frank, it's not a good story. It was so mediocre and you might find the plot of this book in any other books out there. There was nothing special, the conflict was pretty much half-hearted and basically unnecessary. But since it's a novella, I can turn my eyes blind for a moment for all the things I've mentioned above. And it's Devney Perry, one of my favorite go-to romance novel last year (hope she'll stay as my favorite in this year), also the sex was hot.

Strangely, the character development was great. Landon is fucking charming- makes me want to put him in my pocket then bring him to my home so I can put him on my cabinet of book boyfriends 🤓. Aubrey was a boss bitch with strong head and mind also brilliant, she's fucking gorgeous. All I'm saying the characters were very much alive and consistent throughout the book.

The book wasn't that great but at least it cured my tender heart, hence 3 stars.
Profile Image for Travelogged Blogs.
601 reviews49 followers
December 30, 2022
“Have you smiled today?” “What?” “Have you smiled today?” The line went quiet. That meant no. “Then the purpose of this phone call is to make you smile.”

I was ho hyped up for Aubrey & Landon's story ever since I read Sophia's book and I can definitely say that they were perfect for each other. He bought balance to her life and gave her the much needed stability. I loved Landon's pinning and how he was determined to make Aubrey feel happy and relaxed. Their were poles apart and came from different worlds but somehow still fit together. I just wish it was a longer book. I know this was just a novella but I would have loved to see more of them because the prologue and epilogue both were about their niece Charlie while parts of their story were just mentioned in them. Overall, I just didn't like the telling and not showing part but I still loved the couple!
4.5 🌟

Wow!!! I truly wasn’t expecting to fall in love with this book considering I’ve never really delved into this series; side note: you can read this book without having read the others. I LOVED seeing a Bosss female character; we don’t really get to see that very often in romance books. While I was happy to see a character like Aubrey, I was MELTING over Landon 🥰🥰🥰!! ALPHA LOVERS you will love Landon; his persistence is so HOTTTT!! Overall, this was a great read and a wonderful way to end the year if you choose to end it with these two craziesss 😂!

Happy New Year Goodreaders!!
Profile Image for shereads.pang.
643 reviews129 followers
December 8, 2022
Oh 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥. The series that started my small town obsession, 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬. I really hope something happens, and I'm keeping my 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘤𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥. I won't say it because the book is not going to be released until the end of the month. I'll say it when it releases, but I have already let Devney know. 😅⁣

Timeless is a novella, but it doesn't feel like it's rushed at all. Aubrey is a workaholic, but her life slowly changed when Landon walked into her office. 𝘚𝘸𝘰𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘥. 😏 The way how Landon tries to win Aubrey, 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐟 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬!!! I freaking love him. I'm so glad Aubrey got her own story. She's a strong heroine, and Landon was the 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐄𝐂𝐓 man for her. ⁣

That's all I'm going to say. Don't want to spoil anything. Lol⁣
Profile Image for r.
61 reviews4 followers
Read
April 21, 2022
WAIT WHAT!? who is this about!???
Profile Image for Anne OK.
3,401 reviews437 followers
December 31, 2022
Well-written novella and addition to the Lark Cove Series. Aubrey and Landon are both appealing characters that sizzle on the pages. Good to catch up with other characters from this series, too.
Profile Image for crystal.
352 reviews512 followers
January 2, 2023
so freaking cute😭🤍 anything for more of the lark cove characters <3
Profile Image for Shannon Nikole.
Author 6 books50 followers
December 23, 2022
I loved revisiting the Lark Cove series again. These damn characters have my heart. 💙

I also loved getting insight to an older Charlie. But now I want more of her story! 🙃
Profile Image for Mariana.
563 reviews95 followers
January 8, 2023
A maneira perfeita de terminar a saga...com uma história de amor intemporal (timeless) 💜
A espera pela história da Aubrey valeu a pena, pois apesar de curta (como assim só temos isto deste casal! quero mais 🥹) a verdade é que tem os elementos perfeitos, é apaixonante.

O desenvolvimento da ação neste livro foi muito interessante pois ao começar no futuro podemos ver um pouco da próxima geração de Lark Cove e isso é impagável! Amei ver a Charlie adulta e a ligação com todos os habitantes desta vila incrível, com a sua família 💜

A história de amor da Aubrey e do Landon é espetacular, o modo como ele luta por ela sem a temer ou querer mudar é incomparável 🥹 ele não se assusta com o sucesso dela e dá-lhe força para ser ainda melhor - compreender isso não é fácil para alguém como a Aubrey mas quando aceita a realidade dos sentimentos que os une tudo se torna mais leve e feliz na sua vida. Um dos meus casais preferidos da saga!!!

Uma história linda, um final perfeito para uma saga inesquecível...
Profile Image for Katie.
109 reviews3 followers
December 27, 2022
This novella is awesome, amazing, and adorable. I loved being back in Lark Cove and seeing Aubrey and Landon's story. Aubrey is a strong woman and needed a man who would support her no matter what, and that was Landon. I loved that they worked together and communicated, which only strengthened their relationship. This was a really nice journey back to Lark Cove!
Profile Image for winnie ʚïɞ.
549 reviews186 followers
January 31, 2023
four stars! ʚïɞ

i just knew from the previous book that landon and aubrey were gonna be soo good, and i’m happy that i was indeed correct with that assumption :)

i devoured this in one sitting, absolutely loved it! i really wish they had gotten their own full length novel, but i’m still pretty happy with what we got. it felt perfectly paced and fleshed out, and we got to know and love the characters and their relationship! honestly think this might be my second favorite story from this series lol or at least tied for second, bc i really did love the first book!

aubrey was such a strong character, and i loved that landon appreciated that from the start and didn’t try to diminish her at all. i wish we got to see more of him being in charge though, if you know what i mean 😋

overall such a quick, cute read! i loved the charlie pov as well in the beginning and end, and i feel like maybe that’s hinting for a spinoff with her since she’s older??? i’d looooove to read that! <3
Profile Image for Izzie d.
4,004 reviews258 followers
Sweet story.
Heroine is ridiculously rich.
No intimate scenes other than the Hero and heroine.
HEA.
This entire review has been hidden because of spoilers.
Profile Image for samreadsromance.
325 reviews48 followers
December 29, 2022
“𝗜 𝗱𝗼𝗻’𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗺𝗲.”
“𝗬𝗼𝘂.” 𝗜 𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱, 𝘁𝗶𝗹𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁 𝘂𝗽.
“𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂.”

I swear I will devour any and everything that Devney writes and this novella was so PERFECT!

Aubrey and Landon may just be my favourite couple in the lark cove series! I absolutely loved this novella! I loved that Aubrey is this strong willed billionaire who just wants to find love and Landon is your every day run of the mill cop who pursues her and isn’t afraid to stand up to her!

Aubrey and Landon are PERFECT together! She may be a workaholic but that doesn’t intimidate Landon! He brings her dinner at work and lays on the couch whilst she works, it was sweet and adorable! I loved that he told her she needs a bigger couch for him so he can be with her at work - SWOON!

I mean Landon just knows the right things to say in this book and the amount of highlighted quotes I kept just like this!

“𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗜 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲, 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆. 𝗜 𝗱𝗶𝗱𝗻’𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝘆 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝘄𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻. 𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗶𝘇𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲. 𝗠𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵.”

I loved the glimpse into a future series and honestly can’t wait for Charlie’s story!
Profile Image for AC Book Blog .
919 reviews116 followers
January 3, 2023
Timeless was short, sweet, and full of heart. Charlie has a successful job and big dream in NYC. She has a boyfriend that turned out to be a lying cheating bastard. Charlie was heart broken so she decided to visit her home town of Lark Cove. Charlie found comfort in speaking to her auntie Aubrey. This novella is basically about Aubrey’s love story with Landon. Aubrey is successful and workaholic. The men she dated want to change her or sacrifice her job so they can feel better about themselves. Aubrey wasn’t going to settle. She is determined to find a man who accept her for who she is. Landon is a perfect match for Audrey. He is spontaneous, honest, go with the flow kind of guy and he definitely is not intimidated by Aubrey’s success. Aubrey and Landon are a perfect example of opposite attracts. This story is witty with awesome chemistry, swoony moments and full of heart. Devney is one of my favorite authors. This is novella but the story is very well-written and complete with all the details as if it was a full size novel.

Profile Image for Kaitie.
914 reviews19 followers
December 28, 2022
There’s been one good thing about Christmas being over… and that would be Timeless! I was so so excited to visit Lark Cove again! And check in with the characters we all know and love. The only thing is this book was just not as long as I wanted it to be! But it was such a treat. And so much fun to go back to Lark Cove!
Profile Image for Sally.
254 reviews4 followers
December 28, 2022
Love love love this series! Timeless was a perfect novella….I’m just hoping for Charlie’s story now 🙏🏼
Profile Image for BookishStacy.
716 reviews47 followers
January 3, 2023
So happy to return to Lark Cove!

I was very happy to get a little bit more from Lark Cove! This was a great addition to the series.
Profile Image for Beth.
216 reviews
August 14, 2022
I absolutely LOVED being back in the Lark Cove world! I'm so glad we got Audrey's story!
Sometimes even though I know a book is a novellas it will still feel rushed or too short. I didn't have either one of those feelings after finishing this book.

So thankful I splurged and bought the special Lark Cove set on Kickstarter not only because the books are stunning but getting to read this novellas just made it even more worth it! Thank you Devney!!

A mini spoiler coming up:

**********************************************

**********************************************

The prologue and epilogue are from Charlie's POV. You get a little insight into her life and where its going. It made me love this book even more!
Profile Image for Rachel DeStefano.
28 reviews1 follower
October 6, 2022
Landon is everything. He’s probably my favorite male character from this series.

“My confidence wasn’t rooted in one-upping a brilliant woman.” Like really? Come on, he’s perfect.

And he’s the perfect match for Aubrey, that’s for sure.

My only complaint with this book is that I wish it was longer!
Profile Image for Megan ~The Never Ending Book Basket.
1,878 reviews76 followers
December 29, 2022
I will literally never get enough of a Devney Perry book. She is on my favorite authors, and I can always count on her for a phenomenal read. And let me just say, getting the chance to go back to the world of Lark Cove or something I was so eager for. I love this series, and I love all of these characters, and this last little bit of them all just made my heart so happy.

Timeless is a story of opposites attract. It’s a story of Aubrey and Landon, two people from two very different worlds who meet one another and have everything change. They have an instant connection, they make each other, feel everything, and they definitely bring on some very swoon worthy moments. Throw in the fact that they like to keep each other on their toes and love to make each other smile and laugh and you have just part of what made them so phenomenal to fall in love with.

I loved everything about this novella. I loved the feel of the series and being back with some of my favorite characters. I loved how these characters felt for one another. I loved how meant to be they felt. I loved everything about them. I loved it all and I really just can’t wait to read more from this author. I have my fingers crossed that this isn’t the last we’ll see of Lark Cove because I love this series on these people, but no matter what I will always be a huge fan of this author. She knows how to write one hell of a romance novel, and her books are some of my favorites.

If you have loved this series, then you will love reading this book. If you are new to this author, this could actually be a great place to jump in because while it is in the series, it definitely could standalone, and it will give you a great deal of her books. If you just love a good love story, then you will love this one because it is phenomenal in every way.
Profile Image for Mary Rose.
167 reviews98 followers
December 27, 2022
I AM EMOTIONAL. Being back in the Lark Cove world was simply amazing. The pace is done wonderfully and it feels like a full length book.

I was so happy to see that Aubrey was getting her own book and a much deserved happily ever after. She works so hard running the family company and never takes time for herself. In comes Landon, who is very opposite of her, and he shows her that there is so much more to life. He wins her over slowly but surely and they make such a strong couple. One thing that Devney Perry does that I love is not let her female main characters lose their strong character traits just because they fall in love. She creates couples that compliment each other and men who simp over their woman.

THE PROLOGUE AND EPILOGUE?! I don’t want to give away anything but the author gives us a point of view that made me unwell (in a good way) and hints at future things to come!!?!

My only complaint is that I wish this was longer. Come on- we all know I could read a 5000 page book written by this author.

“Those pretty brown eyes flared, pools so dark a man could drown. A storm raged in that gaze. A storm that promised a challenge. The challenge of my lifetime.”
Displaying 1 - 30 of 283 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.