Start by marking “Stürmisches Feuer der Liebe” as Want to Read:
Stürmisches Feuer der Liebe

Stürmisches Feuer der Liebe (McKettricks #3)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  2,793 Ratings  ·  129 Reviews
Als der wildeste unter den McKettrick-Brüdern gerät Jeb immer wieder in Schwierigkeiten. So auch, als er Chloe Wakefield einen Heiratsantrag macht. Die hübsche Lehrerin aus Tombstone ist nämlich bereits verheiratet. Wütend und enttäuscht kehrt Jeb auf die väterliche Ranch zurück. Als sie sich schließlich wieder begegnen, fordern die Gefühle ihren Tribut. Hin und her geriss ...more
Published September 11th 2007 by Bastei Lübbe (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Stürmisches Feuer der Liebe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stürmisches Feuer der Liebe

Cheryl
Apr 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was almost a five star read for me, I loved the story, the characters, the situations... Jeb and Chloe were a lot of fun to read about, but what kept it from being five stars for me was Jeb's distrust for Chloe the entire book! It started to get on my nerves a little. But I still really, really enjoyed this story and the way the entire McKettrick family was in it! And I'm liking Holt more and more and can't wait to read his story!
Ali
Aug 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars!
Gail Mchugh
Nov 24, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Megan
Jun 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance and western lovers
I devoured this book. It was so good! Jeb and Chloe made a wonderful pair. Both a little too stubborn and proud, they had to get over their egos to be happy. I also liked how the McKettrick women decided to split the ranch. I like when the women run the show, especially when the men don't know it or know it but love their women too much to get in their way. lol.
Heidi
I liked this book better than books 1 or 2. It had more interaction between main characters Jeb and Chloe. Jeb made me chuckle and I loved Lizzie! I will again, say, I wish there was more romance and steam. That being said I really did enjoy this book.
Elise Wilson
Mar 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Secondhand Bride, the third book (following High Country Bride & Shotgun Bride) of four in the McKettrick Cowboy series, which tells the story of four brothers and their attempts to find wives and become fathers in order to inherit the Triple M Ranch.

So far this is my favorite book of the three! Secondhand Bride gives us Jeb's story and that of his love interest Chloe. I liked Jeb's "wild" character and understood his insecurities around being the "baby" brother and his need to establish hi
SweetSue
Sep 12, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I see so many good reviews of Miller's books, but so far I'm just not getting it. Started this and don't think I'll finish it. The whole premise is annoying with the who will get the ranch storyline. I haven't read the others in the series, but the idea that a man with a big ranch to run would pit his sons against each other is dumb. If he's going to cut two out of the will then let them go off and start their own places while they are young and strong.

And of course baby brother is a hot-head a
Jacky Faber
I thought Jeb acted like an asshole until the very end of the book. He treated Chloe horribly and constantly accused her of being a lier. I didn't understand why Chloe Was attracted to Jeb. I guess some women like to be treated as a doormat. The only redeeming parts of the novel is when the other members of the McKettrick family appear.
TJ
Sep 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western, historical
I don't usually like Western's but this was one was delightful! The H/H relationship was fiery but fun. I started it one evening and ended up staying up half the night finishing it. The only downside was the resolution of the "first married, first baby" problem - really unrealistic and silly.
Christel
Jan 28, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The last of the McKettrick's original series. I think I liked this one the best of all. Learning to trust is a hard thing to do sometimes especially when your trust has been broken before. Loved the way it ended and the subplot with Holt's daughter Lizzie involved
Katherine
There were a lot of different stories going on in this book and it was written beautifully. I was captured from beginning to end. I am loving this series!!!
❆ Crystal ❆
My favorite book in this series. I loved them all but this one took the cake. Who doesn't just love a ball of fire. I would recommend.
Inn Auni
May 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western
The youngest McKettrick brother, Jeb, is the wild one who never could stay out of trouble. And trouble is what he gets when he proposes to Chloe Wakefield. No sooner had he and the pretty schoolteacher tied the knot than Jeb discovers she’s already married! After a major dustup with Chloe in a Tombstone barroom, an irate Jeb hightails it back to the Triple M Ranch, certain that his chances of winning the spread in a marriage race with his brothers are dashed.

Now Chloe has come to Indian Rock, ho
Eileen
Jun 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cowboys, historical, nook
jeb Mckettrick and Chloe Wakefield
Jeb left the ranch when he found out that Angus had another son. He ended up in Tombstone and started something with Chloe, trying to marry her under false pretenses in order to win the wager his father set up for him and his brother's. it didn't go as plan considering he thought he married a woman who was already married! impetuous as usual, he jumped to the wrong conclusion, until she showed up at the end of Kade's book, #2. Turns out the Chloe is a lot like J
Jazmine(The Bookworm)
Dec 03, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Highly disappointed. The author didn't make me care enough about Jeb in the previous two books or even this one to make me relate to any of the characters or care what happened to them.

DNF.
Willow Brook
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Another wonderful book about the McKettricks and their women, though the hero and heroine are my least favorites so far of this generation. Despite that, the interactions among all the McKettricks and their friends and the fast moving plot made this a fun, absorbing read.

Secondhand Bride the story of youngest son Jeb's marriage to the schoolteacher, Chloe. They marry when Jeb is hanging out in Tombstone, but both are disillusioned when Jeb is told Chloe is already married and Chloe finds out Je
Tina
This is book 3 in the McKettricks series and it continues the story of our main couples from books one (Rafe & Emmeline) & two (Kade & Mandy) who are now supporting characters in this book. It also continues the stories of the supporting characters (some who are couples) from both those books, and obviously this books main couple (Chloe & Jeb). Jeb has been in both the other books but this is Chloe's first appearance.

Just like in books one & two you get a sweet romance with s
PepsiGirl
Mar 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Story picks up after Kade's story in Shotgun Bride. This is Jeb's story. If you don't know the story, here goes. Angus the Patriarch of the family issues the decree that he will bestow all of his holdings on the first son to get married. Now Rafe and Kade are now married and in the previous story Jeb eludes to the fact that he is already married but he never produces the bride. Chloe is the firecracker that Jeb married, they were married less than a day when he is approached by a man that tells ...more
Marcy
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
To win his father's ranch, a hard-living cowboy settles down and takes a wife--another man's wife!
The youngest McKettrick brother, Jeb, is the wild one who never could stay out of trouble. And trouble is what he gets when he proposes to Chloe Wakefield. No sooner had he and the pretty schoolteacher tied the knot than Jeb discovers she's already married! After a major dustup with Chloe in a Tombstone barroom, an irate Jeb hightails it back to the Triple M Ranch, certain that his chances of winnin
Pat
Feb 14, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fairly well written series, but I do have a fondness for westerns.
Lexi
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great series!

I gave a lengthy review of book one, High Country Bride and book two was just as strong. When I picked up this book, the third in the series, I was worried it would be hard to follow the first two and I might be disappointed, but I can say I wasn't!

From the first pages of this one, where Chloe Wakefield or McKettrick (depending on who you ask) blows into town, Indian Rock and Jeb McKettrick are never the same.

My absolutely favorite line is right at the beginning describing
Jan 06, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third in the McKettrick Brothers' series...Jeb and Chloe.

Jeb is the youngest and most wild of the brothers. His charm and good looks have gotten his everywhere in life...until Chloe. He married her in Tombstone only to find that she was already married to another man, so he headed back home to the Triple M. Now Chloe has come to Indian Rock and isn't happy about the way he left her behind because she says they are married.

Although Chloe and Jeb are the main romance in this story, there is a
Layne
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this third book in the series. Holt was very fascinating. He seems to be the only one (man) that talks and has feelings. Jeb is really a spoiled brat but ya got to like him anyway. Chloe is somewhat of a quandary. She is thinking right and then goes all bananas. The sex is at a minimum which is find with me.
Miranda
Feb 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well this baby of the bunch but what a looker and smooth talker a real lady man but after he ran after some big news his dad was keeping for awhile but don't get me wrong his wild rowdy and great with a gun and can ride Any Horse a live a break them and card player he meets his love but feels betrayed and confused and leaves his wife behind but what is meant will always find it way and hell have no furry like a woman scorn chole loves Jed so when he got all wrong tries to explain shatter her wor ...more
jenjn79
Amy
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The third book of the McKettrick Cowboys. This was a good read!
A wild west story, I'm enjoying meeting all the poeple who live in Indian Rock.
Also in this book we get to know Holt Cavanaugh (McKettrick) a bit better, and in the begining of the story he finds out he has a daughter, who was witness to Robbery and killing, on the Stage coach ride to town. Lizzie is excited to find she has Uncles, Aunts, and Grandparents when she gets to town.
All the McKettrick brothers are in a race to wed, and mul
Jessi
First line: "There was no place to run to, no place to hide."

I found this story dissatisfying because, while I liked both the hero and heroine independently, I just wasn't feeling the chemistry between them. Miller does have an interesting style, which includes lots of secondary characters and storylines. Initially, that means not a lot of character building time, but over the course of the series, her huge cast have grown and taken shape into a full community. It is an interesting way to write
July
Jan 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-library
Chloe meets Jeb McKettrick in Tombstone and falls for his smooth ways she gives in to a little fun, and then marries the man. Well on the wedding night the snake leaves her high and dry just because he finds out she had been married before. Although she did not tell him. Her ex-husband of 1 whole day is the one to spill the beans. Jeb leaves her high and dry in Tombstone thinking she is still married to that skum Jack.
When she looses her teaching job because of Jeb's big mouth. She has to find
C J Wolfe
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well... the first three books about the McKettricks had endearing characters, and nasty villians. I really enjoyed them, off to start the next one. Linda writes in such a way that the grittier parts really strike a cord with the reader but the softer parts make you smile, laugh & then cry ... ⭐⭐⭐⭐ of 5 ...more
Corinne
Nov 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This McKettrick book is based around Jeb and his wife, a teacher! This probably helped play this book into my heart. Jeb is upset with Chloe when he finds out shes been married before, and there is a dispute about the legality of their marriage. Chloe's ex-husband is involved, as well as a surprise for Holt!

I liked the book, and I enjoy the series, but as a romance novel it failed to provide me with the chemistry to make the outcome convincing. Since I don't go into it as a romance novel, I am o
  • The Texan's Reward (Wife Lottery, #4)
  • Chasing the Sun (Blood Rose, #3)
  • Mustang Wild (Wild, #1)
  • Texas Splendor (Leigh Brothers Texas Trilogy, #3)
  • Texas Woman (Sisters of the Lone Star, #3)
  • Early Dawn (Keegan-Paxton #4)
  • Sing My Name
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...

McKettricks (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • High Country Bride (McKettricks, #1)
  • Shotgun Bride (McKettricks, #2)
  • McKettrick's Choice (McKettricks, #4)
  • Sierra's Homecoming (McKettricks, #5)
  • McKettrick's Luck (McKettricks, #6)
  • McKettrick's Pride (McKettricks, #7)
  • McKettrick's Heart (McKettricks, #8)
  • The McKettrick Way (McKettricks, #9)
  • A McKettrick Christmas (McKettricks, #10)
  • Tate (McKettricks, #11)