Start by marking “This Woman (This Man - The Story from Jesse, #1)” as Want to Read:
This Woman (This Man - The Story from Jesse, #1)

This Woman

(This Man - The Story from Jesse #1)

Jesse Ward has stumbled through life drinking and indulging himself within the rooms of his high-class sex club, The Manor, numbing himself to the pain, grief, and guilt of his wrongs. Pleasure and alcohol are his medicine. Hedonism is all he knows.

It’s how he copes.

How he survives.

Until Ava O’Shea strolls into his office and knocks him back with her breathtaking beauty, a
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 582 pages
Published November 15th 2022 by Jodi Ellen Malpas

To ask other readers questions about This Woman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Woman

Start your review of This Woman (This Man - The Story from Jesse, #1)
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Nov 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing
I met Jesse Ward 8 years ago. He's been mine, I've been his ever since.
Then I travelled far and wide in booklandia. Meeting other handsome alphas, gorgeous swoon-worthy males. Some tattoed, some broken, some adorable. Some were created by Jodi herself. They all were gifted lovers, take-charge powerful men, stole my heart at numerous time.
But NOBODY...I mean NOBODY has ever come close to Jesse Ward.
He's the Ultimate #LordOfTheManor #MyLordJesseWard

description

"I can’t escape. I can’t be free of this se
✰ Bianca ✰ BJ's Book Blog ✰

Ava + Jesse

We all know this story. Ava told it to us years ago.
And now it's Jesse's turn to tell his side of everything!
And I mean everything!
We start with a little look into teenaged Jesse and what happened back then.
And then of course we meet Ava for the first time and Jesse is done for.
It's like his heart is finally starting to beat again after so many years.
But we know it won't be easy to get to that happy end with Ava with all his secrets and his past and his enemies ....

══════════════════

O
iko ikovski ∵
Feb 14, 2022 is currently reading it
Shelves: cant-wait, x_romances
A series from Jesse's pov. And me as a slave for this series zero Lord, from the moment I saw the update on ig I'm droolin'.

And she is about to announce Jesse's cast as well (it's killing me that passionflix is doin' it).

I can't wait till november oh lord...

JANe
DNF 35%

Tell the same story twice, from different POVs, and making it interesting, is definitely a challenge.
This Woman from Jesses's POV failed big time.
It's repetitive and poorly executed.
On top of that, Jesses' character is very annoying. I can't take Jesses' immaturity anymore.
Therefore, I am out.
Peace, folks!☮️
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Nov 02, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
5 Stars!
(ARC provided by Valentine PR)

5D9C84D6-23F2-4D8D-BF9A-BC948C996392

Jesse Ward had been on a downward spiral for years living a life of opulence and indulgence. He owned an elite club in London where he attempted to forget his regrets and cope with his memories any way he could. He felt helpless to his demons and consumed by his past. Most days he was a mess and thought he was beyond hope and broken. Then he crosses paths with a beautiful woman named Ava O’Shea. There’s a connection there he can’t dismiss or run away fro
Lisa Pearson
Nov 03, 2022 rated it it was amazing
THE LORD IS BACK…

After 10 years, the Lord is back. Telling the story of This Man and so much more in his own words.

Oh my goodness, This Woman is epic! I loved it! The prologue is set in Jesse past, it was so emotional and set the bar and feel of how this story was going to unfold from Jesse Ward’s pov.
Then we fast forward 21 years, we find Jesse at The Manor fighting his demon’s with Vodka and woman …And then Ava in walks …BOOM.

Obviously, if you’ve read This Man, you know the story. Wrong…Let me
Yvonne (The Coycaterpillar Reads)
Jodie Ellen Malpas is back with the man that started it all, Jesse Ward. The trademark emotion is back. This Woman is bleeding in authenticity, welcome back to Jessie Cloud nine!

This Woman is Jesse Ward’s POV from the This Man series. It’s the story that we always wanted but didn’t think we’d get. Not going to lie, I’m a slave for this series, and always have been. I must have read it around five times. Jodie Ellen Malpas weaves a tale of trauma and emotional pain, and it doesn’t fail to tug at
Katherine Bongo Bridge (Feistybbb)
Jesse is BACK!!

Hold onto your knickers!!

This Woman is a total 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Epic read!

Jodi has given us not only Jesse’s POV, but basically a whole new story. That’s what it felt like reading This Woman. It was like meeting Jesse Ward for the very first time. I didn’t reread any of the This Man trilogy beforehand and I’m so grateful I didn’t. Yes I know I’m weird, but I wanted to read this with a clear mind. He charmed me again. I thought his mind would be utter chaos and it is, don’t get me
Katerina
Feb 14, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Oh my poor Jesse 😭😭😭💔💔💔

________________________
Finally The Lord is here😭😭🖤🖤
Ilaria 🌸
Nov 19, 2022 rated it it was ok
Years ago I loved their story
This POV is
🥁
Boring
Addiction apology
Sex without protection first back door then front door 🦠
immature billionaire
Doormath silly young iwilllsaveyoufromaddiction complex
Well witten
2 tiny stars
Beeg Panda
🫣Chapter 1

April 2012
My nose wrinkles. My closed eyes clench. My waking brain pounds like a motherfucker. I open one eye and come face to face with an empty bottle, the damn thing practically touching my nose. I groan and roll onto my back, away from it. Good fucking God. My head feels like an army of soldiers is stomping its way through it.

I lift my hand on a sigh and rest it on my forehead, trying to compress the thuds. Painkillers. I need painkillers. And water. Get me some fucking water.

I dra
Camille
Nov 17, 2022 rated it did not like it
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.5 'My Cure' Stars

Lord, oh Lord, pun intended!!! I thought I knew This Man with how obsessed I am with all things Jesse Ward, well, seems I knew nothing! Utterly ADDICTIVE, heart wrenchingly POWERFUL and scorchingly SEXY, Ms. Malpas once again weaved her unique writing magic and blew my romance lover mind with This Woman! Just as Jesse, I am OBSESSED beyond belief, its EXQUISITE in every way possible!!!

Full Review to come...

ARC kindly provided by the author via Valentine PR for an honest rev
Jill
Nov 09, 2022 rated it did not like it
DNF at 30%

I usually like alpha-men, especially when done right. But Jesse was definitely giving creep vibes with someone he saw once and already wants to claim her. There was no lead up to it bc they had one conversation and she had already denied him in the first place. Also, he acts like she’s a little girl and scolds her when she curses. I simply couldn’t continue.
Yamina -Women Who Stare at Books
The lord of the manor is back and I love him even more!

The Lord of the manor is Back and gosh I missed him so much. Jesse Ward was my very first book boyfriend, I fell in love with him…the rest is history…

When Jodi Ellen Malpas announced that she wrote This Woman from Jesse’s point of view, I was so excited and could not wait to get hold of the book.
JEM nailed it again with This Woman.
I loved it. I devoured it. I couldn't put it down. It was a perfect mix of everything you could ever wish for
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Still Loved” Stars

I fell in love with Ava O’Shea and Jesse Ward, The Lord of the Manor, back in This Man. It was a love fest for the entire series. So when I heard that the author was going to retell the story from Jesse’s POV I knew I had to go in again. A sort of reread is always wonderful when you loved the original series.

This is an intense love story full of angst, secrets, passionate chemistry, cheeky banter and obsession. Being in Jesse’s head is exhausting and consuming. He is an over
Ang C
Feb 15, 2022 added it
Not sure about this retelling of a beloved series from Jesse's POV. It rarely works for me when authors do this and too many years have passed since the series was published. I think I'll leave the lord of the manor and his story right were I left him and Ava. ...more
Emma Fisk
Nov 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing
THE MOST INTOXICATING MAN EVER.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

“I’m going to get lost in you.”
🤍

Top read of the year without a doubt. Maybe my favourite read by Jodi so ever.

Reading this story was like coming home. It was a comfort I didn’t know how much I needed. I felt 19 again. I felt giddy. The excitement was there from the first page.
The beginning of this book was a moment for me. And I’m sure for other readers it will be too. I was completely pulled in, like I haven't read this story before.
It was like readin
PP's Bookshelf
Nov 10, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read an amazing book that consumed you so much that you wish you could read it for first time all over again? Then you would get my feels about This Woman by Jodi Ellen Malpas. For oldies like me who have met and got ridiculously obsessed with Jesse Ward and haven't got over it even after so many years..this is like the ultimate gift. To revisit the epic story from the view point of the Lord of the Manor with never before seen secrets, heartbreaking details of his tragic past and a ...more
Christine B
This woman was amazing told in Jesse POV...The man who trample all over us. To read how much Jesse loved Ava...the laughter and confidence he felt with being with her. Seeing where all of Jesse's fears comes from...his dominace, protectiveness, brokeness & losses.

I love-ish this POV told by Jesse's made you fall all over the man who trample over our hearts. I can't wait til the next-ish book. Congrats of a book well done, it couldn't have been easy going back over all these emotions Jesse's char
Sentranced Jem
Nov 30, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Everything about Jesse Ward is perfect.
The Original Alphahole is back and I am here for it! I was more than ready to be catapulted to Central Jesse Cloud Nine.
I more than adore the This Man series. It's one of my go series when I feel like I'm in a book slump, it's the series that I turn to when I want to be completely swept off my feet.. It's Jesse and I love this character.
So it's really no surprise that I loved This Woman. A POV from the Lord of the manor himself? Sign me up!
ReadingTilTheBreakOfDawn
Nov 07, 2022 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Oh Jesse Jesse Jesse.
This book is for the readers who first fell in love with Jesse Ward during the This Man series. We always had hoped for Jesse's POV and now we get it and get to see what happened to Jesse in the past that brought out the Jesse we know with Ava O'Shea.

This isn't exactly a retelling of This Man, but it is Jesse's story of his past and his strong feelings and connection toward Ava. And man is it a trip! We start the story with Jesse's past and it just steam rolls you (as does
Jan Edwards
Nov 05, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Some books you read thru rather quickly and move onto the next one. This is NOT one of those books. This Woman is one you dive into and stay a while. . . A long while.

As this book is released, we have been celebrating the 10 year anniversary of the original story - This Man. This book is told from Jesse Ward’s point of view and if you think it’s a retelling of This Man, you would be wrong. It’s much, much more. In fact, This Woman is a NEW STORY - it’s a deep dive into the head of Jesse, Lord of
Books, Booze & Bon Voyage (Krista Webster)
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this book as I wasn’t a massive Jesse Ward fan after reading the This Man books. I always felt sorry for Ava because his demeanour was overbearing and bullish. Now ten years later we get the POV straight from the Lord of the Manor himself and I actually started to like him! We finally get the reasons behind his trampling behaviour, his unreasonable demands and actions when it comes to Miss Ava O’Shea.

Jesse Ward fans will absolutely adore this and
Robin L.
Nov 08, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This Man is one of my favourite romance novels ever. In fact, it was the book that brought me into the world of romance and I never left since. My obsession with this series is on par if not greater than Jesse’s over Ava. I lost count of how many times I read the books and I could probably recite it backwards at this stage. When people asked me what’s the one book you wish you could read it for the first time again, the answer is easy. This Man. And I know a lot of readers do too. For that, I am ...more
Sybil
Nov 15, 2022 rated it it was ok
Oh dear god, we have to relive the moment in book one when Jesse and Ava have anal sex, followed immediately by vaginal sex... Without a condom!

"Sexy", thy name is not traces of poop in Ava's vagina or under Jesse's foreskin! Come on.

(It's like the far too numerous times an author forgets she's just had her (usually female) MC puke her guts up before having the male MC snog her immediately thereafter - without toothpaste ever getting within spitting distance of a mouth. Eek.)

It's also jarring
also.meryem
Nov 17, 2022 rated it it was amazing
This man series from Jesse’s pov.
It’s literally heaven ❤️
Avid Reader
Nov 14, 2022 rated it really liked it
This Woman (This Man - The Story from Jesse, #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas
4 stars
M/F Romance
Triggers: BDSM club, cheating
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This is Jesse's POV. You can read this book without having read the first This Man series of books, BUT, you'd be missing out. I would recommend reading the other series first and then moving to THIS WOMAN. I feel that the story and background will make a lot more sense.

Jesse is flawed. He knows it and his friends know it.
Emily Luther
I can’t wait to hear the story told by Jesse!!! Sure he’s beyond crazy but he’s also very sweet and loving. I’m gonna be a slave to this version of the story!!!
Booksobsessive
Nov 07, 2022 rated it it was amazing
Jesse Ward returns after 10 years and once again Jodi Ellen Malpas proves her very first alpha is the Elite!

The hardest part was to not devour it, because as much as i wanted to indulge on Jesse, you’ll want to savour it and spend as much time as possible with him.

You think you know Jesse Ward? Wrong, what we had before was only a glimpse of who this man is. Your about to hear every thought, every doubt, feel his love, feel his fear and truly find out everything and have a better understanding

• Ignite (Cloverleigh Farms, #6)
  • Tempt Me (The Wolf Hotel, #1)
  • Kincaid (Dirty Duet, #3)
  • Final Proposal (S.I.N. #3)
  • Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2)
  • Stroke of Midnight (Cinderella, #1)
  • The Silver Swan (Elite Kings Club, #1)
  • Crave (Off-Limits, #1)
  • The Mount Trilogy
  • The Devil Wears Black
  • The Casanova (The Miles High Club, #3)
  • Silver Lining
  • Hot Asset (21 Wall Street, #1)
  • Ferrara
  • Ruthless Reign (Royal Reflections #1)
  • Extortion (Controlling Interest #2)
  • Tangled Games (Dating Games, #5)
  • Grand Love (The Promise Duet #2)
See top shelves…
‘A lingering idea that I just couldn’t ignore.’ – Jodi Ellen Malpas

Jodi Ellen Malpas wrote her debut series, The This Man Trilogy, in secret, worried about what people might think if they knew what her imagination was capable of. She was shocked herself. But she finally found the courage to unleash her creative streak and self-published THIS MAN - the first book of the This Man Trilogy - in Octobe