Start by marking “Vampire Beach (Vampire Beach, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Beach (Vampire Beach, #1)

Vampire Beach

(Vampire Beach #1)

Jason Freeman is stoked when his family relocates to exclusive DeVere Heights, Malibu. The kids at his posh new high school are surprisingly friendly, and pretty soon Jason's part of the in-crowd. He even gets to meet the hot-but-unattainable girl.

Then, the morning after one off-the-hook party, a girl washes up on the beach dead. There's no explanation—except a
Published June 7th 2007 by Simon & Schuster (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Beach

Start your review of Vampire Beach (Vampire Beach, #1)
Zyra
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, vampire
nice light read about vampires. exactly like beach read types.
Wren
This review can also be found at http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogs...

Jason has moved to Malibu and starts attending a new high school where he makes friends quickly and meets Sienna; hot, popular and taken. With a new crush and invitations to parties, things seem to be going fairly well for Jason. That is, until someone turns up dead.

When one of Jason's new friends reveals his crazy theory about the student's death, that she was killed by a vampire, he's skeptical but wary. But as the
Izzy Nickole
Dec 05, 2008 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone that likes supernatural
Vampire Beach Bloodlust is a supernatural mystery, set in Malibu, California. Alex Duval makes you feel as if you are there with the main character, Jason, as he tries to begin a new life in Malibu.

Jason Freeman and his family moved, at the end of the summer, to Malibu, California from Fraster, Michigan. Jason was hoping for an adventure, what he got was more than he hoped for.

When Jason goes to school he notices all the kids looked perfect and unreal. He describes them as having: “
McKenzie Templeton
I'll agree with some of the other reviews I've read. Yes it's simple, yes there's nothing extremely differentiating between this novel and other vampire fiction and nothing really unique about it, but I did enjoy it.

The plot, like I've said, was very simple and expected. It is much like every other vampire novel out there. The greatest difference, however, is that the main character is a male, and making it even more unusual, the girl he is crushing on is the vampire. Usually in vampire novels,
Leigh Collazo
Oct 05, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011

More reviews at http://readerpants.blgospot.com

POP-CULTURE COMPARISON: The Lost Boys meets Beverly Hills, 90210

WHAT I LIKED: First let me just say that I am totally over the vampire craze, even if my students are not. Last week, I was shelving books in my library and I came across this one. Being in a middle school, I started wondering why I ordered a book titled Bloodlust with a large martini on the front cover. When I looked in Titlewave for reviews and grade level recommendations, there were
Kerry
Feb 09, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-novels
I had read this right after i had finished the Twilight series and Vampire Bech, Bloodlust just does not campare to it. Not even a fraction! The characters seen too imature to be likeable, with their teenage hormonal imbalances for sexual contact! It just had no feeling. No meaning.
NICO.S
Mar 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
I'm too old for this, and there is no nostalgia factor here for me. DNF.
Gryffin C
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a named jason who moved from Michigan into Malibu he falls in love with a girl named sienna she turns out to be a vampire he talks to her and says there are more vampires in Malibu. There was murder from a rogue vampire has a decease called bolood lust him and his friend try o search for vampire and do they defeat him find out. Ages 12 through 13 are the recommended ages for this book if you like mystery and Horror books this is a good book for you.
Esther
May 31, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Boys who like vampires, girls who think that Alex pettyfer should be the main characters
Recommended to Esther by: I recommended myself
I loved the way it started out with Jason moving to a Miami/California location I was not sure which it was but I knew it was american and sunny. I liked the idea of it being read from a guys perspective, I read half way through twilight and got bored of belle's repetitive droning about life, Edward and wolfboy. So when I saw that there was a book about vampires from a guys POV, I was so happy. I marked it 3 stars because of the predictability of the book, I loved the rich gated community (if ...more
Jadii Jadii
Dec 30, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes vampire myths
Shelves: vampire-beach
I first got this book from the library thinking that it was something to do when i'm really bored....

But as soon as i read the first page i was hooked on it. I absolutely think that this book was worth the five stars i gave it

I like the way the author made the character Jason, an ordinary person fall in love with Sienna, a vampire who can do a lot better thatn him.

Jadii
Parker
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I quite liked this book. It was kinda like Twilight, but better. It was a cool take on the whole 'modern day vampires', and I like how the author wrote it.
Claire
aimed I think at the younger end of the YA scale but if you're after an extremely light, no hidden secrets, no adult content at all this is for you.

For some reason I have read up to book 6 (I think that's all published till now). if I'm honest the spin on vamps is a little different and some of the characters a little endearing.

And it's sometimes good to get a little light relief from heavy serious reading!!!!

But I still couldn't in all good heart give any of them more than a 3* .
Yes Jason
Sienna
Oct 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pages: 208
Main Characters: Jason Freeman, Danielle Freeman, Sienna Devereux, Adam Turnball

A high school student named Jason moves from Michigan to Malibu. As expected, it is a complete culture shock going from a North east state to one where the kids are largely all rich, drink excessively, and are vampires! This title is unique in that the main character is a young male crushing on a female vampire rather than the other way around. He falls very much for the good looks of a young vampire name,
Donna
Oct 27, 2009 rated it it was ok
Omnibus featuring Bloodlust and Initiation, both first published in 2006.

Jason Freeman is stoked when his family relocates to DeVere Heights, Malibu. The kids at his posh new high school are surprisingly friendly, and pretty soon Jason's part of the in-crowd. He even gets to meet the hot-but-unattainable girl.

Then, the morning after one off-the-hook party, a girl washes up on the beach dead. There's no explanation - except a suspicious-looking bite mark on her body.

Now Jason has to admit that
Victoria Hyder
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How this series was never made into a movie, but TWILIGHT was, I will never know. This is how vampires are supposed to be in the ultra modern, hipster universe that we live in. They're all sleek, effortless and of course popular. They defy the vampire lore but in a way that is believable (and no, no one sparkles!) Emotional YA drama wrapped up with the supernatural. Very engaging!
Sam
Feb 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i remember reading this series back in year 9 and very much enjoying them. If i were to read it now i probably wouldn't enjoy it as much as i did when i was 14, but still - here are 3 stars for the good memories.
Shaft
Aug 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too early for a full review of the series but the first instalment was fine as things go. There are a number of books so I am interested to see what the over arching plot is.
Carmen
Nov 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It’s a great read loves it so far it’s a bit like twilight but diff
Trina Collins
Dec 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting take on the whole Vampire culture very enjoyable
Cheyanne Zalesak
I found the characters quite flat. Everything was painfully obvious and the "twist" felt forced. I was particularly disappointed with the ending, it felt very abrupt. This felt like reading a students short story, lots of build up at the beginning and then everything becomes rushed because time is up and its due in an hour.
Does not give me hope to continue the series.
Mariam
Feb 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book is not very interesting,nothing special about it.
Nola
Aug 04, 2019 marked it as gave-up  ·  review of another edition
Read a couple of chapters and didn't care at all the story/characters so didn't continue.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by K. Osborn Sullivan for TeensReadToo.com

I like vampire stories. If you've read any of my other reviews, you might already know that. Because of my prejudice, I dove into the first in the series of VAMPIRE BEACH books with high expectations. And I did enjoy it. Yes, it has some problems in execution, but more about that later. First the good stuff.

As BLOODLUST begins, high school senior, Jason Freeman, has just moved into an exclusive Malibu subdivision with his sister and their
Slavica
Oct 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to be honest here, I have some major bias in terms of this series because to me this will always be my favorite vampire/supernatural series ever. And I have read quite a few of them like "The House of Night" series by P.C. and Kristen Cast, "Vampire Academy/Bloodlines" by Richelle Mead and "The Twilight Saga" by Stephenie Meyer. I adore/dislike each of these for various reasons but when I was a teenager, finding novels, where I could binge read them in practically one sitting, was very ...more
Natshane
Jun 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book, although it sure took me a long time to get to the good part, but I find myself engrossed in the world of Vampires of Paradise.

Vampire Beach is a catchy name, and considering the characters are extremely wealthy and spohisticated, they should be called Vampire Brats, haha.

Nevertheless, I give this book a four because:

1. Unlike any other vampire romance I've read about, the protagonist is actually a boy! And I rarely read a story through the eyes of a human boy character,
Kell
*REVIEWED FOR PUBLISHER*

Jason and his sister have just moved to Malibu - to a town full of rich kids whose lives revolve around money, fashion, cars and parties. Jason gets swept along by the excitement and is flattered to be included - and also very flattered by the apparent interest of the stunning Sienna. But these rich kids hide a dark secret and soon Jason finds that their parties involve a little more than the usual alcohol and music! When their secret is revealed, Jason has to decide if
Pam
May 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-read
I’ve read the first three books (out of 6) available in the “Vampire Beach” series. And while they do have continuity from one book to the next…they are relatively short and no one book seems to stand apart from any of the others, thus far.

The story centers around a family from the suburbs of Detroit who has moved to a small, gated community in Malibu, CA. The main character, Jason, befriends the police chief’s son, Adam, in addition to some of the “in” crowd. While at a party given by one of
Alan
Sep 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
16 yo Jason freeman and his family moves a devere heights, a place where celebrities live. Jason attends the school, and meets a guy name adam h, whose hobbie is recording the things people do each day in school. jason meets a girl he really likes and eventually ends up with the “cool” people. Jason starts going to parties hosted by the “coolest” guy in the school named brad. One night a girl ends up dead, who also happwened to be adams girl friend. Adam tries to convice Jason that most kids in ...more
BizarreLibrary
Jason Freeman has moved across country to Malibu, California and he could not be more excited. He can’t wait to hang out at the beach and meet alot of new girls. After he starts school, he learns the typical high school hierarchy where the popular crowd runs the school. But this elite group is a bit different from the normal cheerleaders and jocks. After a girl washes up dead following a party, Jason is even more curious as to what makes this “in” crowd so different.

Based on the summary on the
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1)
  • Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1)
  • Intertwined (Intertwined, #1)
  • Sweet Venom (Medusa Girls, #1)
  • Fated (Soul Seekers, #1)
  • Cursed City (Shadow Detective #1)
  • The Misted Cliffs (Lost Continent, #2)
  • Ink Exchange (Wicked Lovely, #2)
  • UNTouched (Bay Falls High, #1)
  • The Rise (The Originals, #1)
  • How to Be Single
  • North of Beautiful
  • Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?
  • Nice is Just a Place in France: How to Win at Basically Everything
  • It's Called a Breakup Because It's Broken: The Smart Girl's Break-Up Buddy
  • Marry Him: The Case for Settling for Mr. Good Enough
  • UNTamed (Bay Falls High #3)
  • UNLoved  (Bay Falls High #2)
Alex Duval is a pseudonym for two seasoned YA writers.

Vampire Beach (6 books)
  • Initiation (Vampire Beach, #2)
  • Ritual (Vampire Beach, #3)
  • Legacy (Vampire Beach, #4)
  • High Stakes (Vampire Beach, #5)
  • Hunted (Vampire Beach, #6)