Start by marking “Mistress Christmas (Wild West Boys, #1)” as Want to Read:
Mistress Christmas (Wild West Boys, #1)

Mistress Christmas (Wild West Boys #1)

4.04  ·  Rating Details ·  2,751 Ratings  ·  148 Reviews
...all signs point North for not-so-Saint-Nick

In a rare moment of recklessness, mild-mannered accountant Holly North lets her best friend guilt her into filling in as Mistress Christmas at Sugar Plums, a Christmas-themed strip club. Fearing she'll be recognized-or worse, considered a fraud-she dons a velvet mask along with the Mrs. Claus-meets-dominatrix costume. She's sho
Published December 2008 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Mistress Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mistress Christmas

Dina
Dec 24, 2009 Dina rated it really liked it
I can always count on Lorelei James to deliver hot, steamy and fun stories. I just wish the cover of this book wasn't so, ugh, tacky. But hey, I've got it as an e-book, so why am I complaining? LOL!

Auntee
Jul 03, 2009 Auntee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic contemporaries
I loved it! This little story was cute, fun, and steamy hot! Typical Lorelei James story--plenty of sexy dialogue, smokin' hot love scenes, and two very likable leads.

Mild mannered accountant Holly North (against her better judgment) decides to do her client/friend Ivy, who is owner of a gentlemen's club, a favor and fill in for one of her under-the-weather strippers (known as 'Mistress Christmas'). No actual stripping involved, just some walking around in a revealing outfit and mingling with th
Denna✌
Aug 03, 2016 Denna✌ rated it it was amazing
Michele Realitybitesblog
Nov 24, 2012 Michele Realitybitesblog rated it really liked it
4 Sexy Hearts
Also posted at: http://realitybites-letsgetlost.blogs...

My Thoughts:

If you haven't read Lorelei's Rough Riders series--well you are TOTALLY missing out on some serious cowboy love!!! I was so excited to see this story was about one of the West boys (McCay cousin--McCay's dominate the Rough Riders series).

Mistress Christmas is a very short book with a hot storyline. Lots of times I read these short books and come up feeling empty, but not this one. This book was sexy--in only the way
Maria Rose
Super fun and sexy story! Holly's gig taking over for 'Mistress Christmas' isn't supposed to land her in the sights of undercover cop Nick but since he's investigating the possibility of a theft happening at the Christmas themed strip club Sugar Plums she finds herself under an appraising eye and an even sexier hand. Lots of sexy scenes and the mis-identity gets played for a while before things get set to rights and Holly and Nick get their happy ending. Very enjoyable! I'm definitely going to l ...more
Kristine  Dow
Aug 31, 2016 Kristine Dow rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella! I can't get enough of LJ's Rough Rider's series and this is an awesome addition. The West part of the family has always been a bit of a mystery but after I read Boone's story, I wanted more of that branch of the family. LET.ME.TELL.YOU. It did not disappoint. Even though its a short story, Nick and Holly burn through the pages. It's such a sweet story that I found myself going "Awwww" quite a bit.

If you are looking for a quick read, look no further. Mistress Christmas is an
Emma
Oct 18, 2013 Emma rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christmas, 3-4-stars
Nichole ~Bookaholic~
Holly, a mild-mannered accountant lets her best friend guilt her into filling in as "Mistress Christmas" at Sugar Plums, a Christmas-themed strip club....Nick a detective (who used to be a cowboy in Wyoming) is determined to discover how his friend was supposedly robbed by Mistress Christmas after a lap dance.

There is a lot of chemistry between them when they meet, and it is also kinda funny to see her trying to pull off being Mistress Christmas, and Nick trying to figure her out. They meet for
SheLove2Read
Dec 19, 2011 SheLove2Read rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2011
I think I must be in the minority of readers because this book just wasn't all that for me. It felt like a bland imitation of her Rough Riders series. Both characters were bland actually, and I only kept reading to give this a fair chance because I normally love her work. This I'd classify more like Rough Riders Light & Boring.

2 stars and a yawn.
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Loved how the characters met and how the story ended and of course all the hot sex in between.
Tanaka - The Romantic Angel Blog
this was such a sexy funny sweet and hot novella..it really made me smile a lot..loved it..
Ivana Azap Feješ
Holly North is a shy accountant who, for reasons I'll never fully understand, agrees to don a dominatrix costume and fill in as Mistress Christmas at Sugar Plums, a "gentleman's" club - aka a high-class strip joint. Detective Nick West isn't a regular at Sugar Plums - or any other strip joint, for that matter. Holly, a mild-mannered accountant lets her best friend guilt her into filling in as "Mistress Christmas" at Sugar Plums, a Christmas-themed strip club....Nick a detective (who used to be a ...more
Jenn Cunha
Feb 09, 2017 Jenn Cunha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, ebook
Lorelei James never fails to write a book that keeps me interested while writing love scenes that are nothing short of steamy. A short read with some insta-love, this Christmas novella is a great example of why James is so good...and she throws in that cowboy flair for those of us who have been fans of the McKay/West clan all along.
MaggieReadsRom
3.5 stars!

When accountant Holly North decides to help her friend and client out and fill in for her regular stripper Mistress Christmas at the gentleman’s club her friend owns, she doesn't know Mistress Christmas is going to be under investigation by detective Nick West. His friend was drugged and robbed by the stripper during after a lap dance and Nick wants to catch her in the act. Instead he catches Holly who makes him a tempting offer: to indulge themselves in one night of unadulterated plea
Sandra
2.5 stars I was leaning more towards the 3 star rating but the ending was just so sappy I couldn't do it. I liked the general premise of this and thought it would be fun, sexy, and different. Their initial encounter is fraught with bad innuendos and cheesy come-ons, but I liked the whole idea of a misunderstanding because it leaves you anticipating the fall out. So I stuck with it.

Despite this being an erotic romance and the initial sex being hot, it actually got to be kind of boring because it
Heather
Not your average everyday christmas miracle but one to remember none-the-less. Hot hot hot hotel room scenes. One even included a lil bit ol bondage & a gag.
Nick and Holly meet in a gentleman's club which is actually a Christmas themed strip club. Holly has a normal boring job as an accountant but her best friend convinces her to fill in as Mistress Christmas. So this shy sexy account slowly burst out of her shell with a couple courage shots and embraces a wild side.

Detective Nick West is at
Charlene
Mistress Christmas is the first book in the Wild West Boys series, a spinoff to Lorelei James' Rough Riders. Nick West (one of the McKay's cousins) has left Wyoming and is living in Denver working as a detective. When he goes to a strip club to privately investigate a robbery, he meets Holly, a normally mild mannered accountant who is filling in for Mistress Christmas, a stripper at the club.

I really enjoyed this peek at one of the West boys life outside of McKay country. I think if I hadn't re
Kimberly Walter
Jun 28, 2013 Kimberly Walter rated it it was amazing
Holly North is helping out her friend at her stip club by being Mistress Christmas.
Nick West is a detective and he is the stip club to catch a thief red handed. But what he gets is a whole lot hotter.
They get together and have a whole night of hot passionate sex.

A hot and passionate read from beginning to end. Loved it. Can't wait to read more from the West side of the family.
Valerie Miller
Dec 17, 2016 Valerie Miller rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hawt

Well dang. This was full of het sexual tension and sexual release. Lorelei know how to write a sexy as hell cowboy and even hotter sex scenes. This will keep you very warm on those cold winter night.
Peggy Kuntz
Dec 13, 2016 Peggy Kuntz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short but not sweet...

It was freaking HOT!!! I love this author and her writing style. She was born to write about sexy, alpha cowboys. I read all I can from this author and even a short book like this is worth every penny.
Charliegirl1
Dec 04, 2016 Charliegirl1 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot, sexy rom com

This short novella is like the perfect bite--a just right combination of hot, sexy and sweet, with a dash of funny thrown in. Lots of hot, smoking sex, and soul deep insta-love, wrapped up in a likeable hero and heroine. A quick read that left me smiling.
Wendy ❤ erotica!
Dec 06, 2016 Wendy ❤ erotica! rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Would love to read more about Holly & Nick, they are one hot couple!
Jill Cameron
Nov 18, 2014 Jill Cameron rated it liked it
An easy read, not really my cup of tea though. The timeline of three days was a little far-fetched.
Pamela Su
May 28, 2015 Pamela Su rated it really liked it
Yummy and steamy erotic fun!

I'm reading all out of order and this is my first book by this author. This was a winner for me and I will definitely be reading more.

Dec 08, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorably sweet

I'm a sucker for LJ's writing, I loved the innocence of Holly coupled with Nick's sexy persistence! Very cute story!
007zLdy
Feb 11, 2015 007zLdy rated it it was ok

Okay read, not fond of being misled, so didn't like both main characters were doing it...
Stephanie
Jan 12, 2010 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, lorelei-james
Great short to satisfy my Lorelei James obsession! LOL
Jem
Aug 25, 2016 Jem rated it really liked it
James always comes up with interesting characters in different settings. Well done. Enjoyable.
Lee Lane
Dec 10, 2016 Lee Lane rated it really liked it
Very fun, sexy holiday romance! Sometimes what you see isn't what you expect, it's more. Nick and Holly meet in a strip clubhouse. Yup! A strip club. She's Mistress Christmas, the non-stripping, non-dancing, shy accountant. Nick isn't your regular "strip clubbed". He's a police officer checking out a complaint against Mistress Christmas. One (or two) propositions later and you have the hottest night of sex and sweet touches you could ever want.

Is it a lie? Or the best possible tomorrow they cou
Novita Vizzy
Overall, this book is handy for you guys who just stuck in home to spend free time or holiday. This book maybe is not really into me. But I love the way the author create Nick West to make me fall in love with him. He is so gentleman but really humble just the way he is. Ahhh he can be your husband material. 2.8 stars for Lorelei James!
Lorelei James & O...: Mistress Christmas~Book One 35 27 Dec 30, 2013 07:23AM
Brand New Free Read And Book Release In Lorelei James' Rough Rider Series 1 13 Nov 09, 2010 08:59AM
  • Three's Company
  • Bucked (Studs in Spurs, #2)
  • A Question of Trust (A Question Of ... #1)
  • Cocked And Loaded
  • Rocky Mountain Haven (Six Pack Ranch #2; Rocky Mountain House #2)
  • Hearts Are Wild (Wild, #5)
  • Southern Comfort (Compass Brothers, #2)
  • Roping the Wind (Turner Brothers, #2)
  • Holiday Bound
  • Holiday Sparks
  • Guns and Roses (Includes: PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Four Sworn (Lone Star Lovers, #3)
  • The Real Deal (Roped, #1)
  • Private Property (Hauberk Protection, #1)
  • All She Wants
Lorelei James is New York Times & USA Today Bestselling author of contemporary erotic westerns and erotic romances. She lives in western South Dakota.
More about Lorelei James...

Wild West Boys (3 books)
  • Miss Firecracker (Wild West Boys, #2)
  • Doctor Feelgood (Wild West Boys, #3)