Start by marking “Of Time, Space, and Other Things” as Want to Read:
Of Time, Space, and Other Things

Of Time, Space, and Other Things

4.07  ·  Rating details ·  328 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published May 28th 1975 by Avon Books (Discus) (first published 1965)

To ask other readers questions about Of Time, Space, and Other Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Time, Space, and Other Things

King Ævil
Jun 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Please see my review of X Stands for Unknown ([http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/98...]) for general comments on Isaac Asimov's science essays.

This collection, Of Time and Space and Other Things, is perhaps the best of all the compilations of Asimov's columns in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction. Unfortunately, the book does not specify from which issues these essays were selected, but if they are consecutive, as is standard for these anthologies, Asimov was on an incredible roll. (
Jarem Nielsen
Aug 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
I reread this little book about every year. Never has such a small book provided me with so much information that made me sound smart before! 13 quick essays will teach you all about the calendar, the stars, our world and it's rotational nuances. It's the stuff my dad relishes.
Amanda
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: science, essays
This one was a remarkably good choice to finish up my year with. He discusses why we start our year on January 1st, how we measure time and why, how it relates to our solstice-vicinity winter festivals, and how we age.

Of course, I love all of Asimov's essays, but this was a particularly nice one for this time of year.
Mars
Jul 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
A decent introduction to astronomy and whatnot. Edutaiment, interesting stories, and dullness mixed in about equal quantities, so it probably won't hold the interest of someone who wasn't into the subject to begin with, but it's not bad.
Matt Hamilton
Awesome lay-person book on some physics, some other interesting topics.
Shibumi
May 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Nifty nuggets of knowledge! Asimov was the man!
Keith Bell
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4th or 5th tiem through this amazing collection of Asimov's science essays. I've realized over the years, that my teaching style comes from reading his collections. I love to learn or relearn.
Rae
May 05, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A collection of scientific essays, with subject matter ranging from astronomy to physics to mathematics. Dated now. But still good.
Andrew Franzese
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
My Godfather gave this book to me when I was 11 years old. I read it then and it hurt my head. I have read it a few more times since then and never fail to learn something new.
Harry
Oct 12, 2011
kevin
Nov 01, 2010
  • Star Trek: The Classic Episodes, Volume 2
  • The Timegod (Timegod's World, #1)
  • Norby: Robot For Hire (Norby, #3-4)
  • Inferno (Isaac Asimov's Caliban, #2)
  • Ghost
  • Hunting the Ghost Dancer
  • The Flowers of Evil & Artificial Paradise
  • The Greatest Science Stories Never Told: 100 Tales of Invention and Discovery to Astonish, Bewilder, and Stupefy
  • Hung Out
  • Born with a Bang: The Universe Tells Our Cosmic Story
  • Poems written before jumping out of an 8 story window
  • Mysteries of Modern Physics: Time
  • Η Κόμη της Βερενίκης

Professor Asimov is generally considered the most prolific writer of all time, having written or edited more than 500 books and an estimated 90,000 letters and postcards. He has works published in nine of the te
More about Isaac Asimov...